Author Topic: Initial North American Tour Dates Announced  (Read 29775 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Initial North American Tour Dates Announced
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2011, 08:08:27 PM »
Alright, it's seriously time for them to announce a Connecticut date now....

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2011, 09:03:59 PM »
Dear Dream Theater,

Rest of the dates please.  Unless there aren't any in NC or SC or Atlanta, in which case James LaBrie you broke your promise to come back and I will hate you forever.

(loljk but srsly come back to Asheville)

-SDN

I hope they return to NC also. If they do, I hope they play more in the center of the state. Asheville is about 350 miles from me. Charlotte or Raleigh would be much better. That gap between Oct 12 and Oct 22 is where I'm expecting to see them. Hopefully in NC. If not, it will be Baltimore, Virginia or Georgia.

Raleigh would be perfect for me. I live in Durham and I would definitely be willing to make the drive to Asheville/Charlotte or even VA/SC, but Raleigh would be wonderful. I know that on JLB's solo tour he had Raleigh scheduled as one of his first stops. Unfortunately that tour never happened, I'm sure they can make it up to me somehow...  ;D
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2011, 09:07:29 PM »
As I've never been to a Dream Theater concert before... I am dying to go as soon as possible. I was hoping that I would get a chance this fall, but none of the current concerts are close enough for me. I know they plan on releasing more dates. What is the likelihood that they will have another North American leg next summer? or sooner? with Prog Nation or whatever? I'm starting to get anxious.  :-\
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline kevinpwrs

« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2011, 09:34:52 PM »
Dear Dream Theater,

Rest of the dates please.  Unless there aren't any in NC or SC or Atlanta, in which case James LaBrie you broke your promise to come back and I will hate you forever.

-SDN

I hope they return to NC also. If they do, I hope they play more in the center of the state. Asheville is about 350 miles from me. Charlotte or Raleigh would be much better. That gap between Oct 12 and Oct 22 is where I'm expecting to see them. Hopefully in NC. If not, it will be Baltimore, Virginia or Georgia.

Raleigh would be perfect for me. I live in Durham and I would definitely be willing to make the drive to Asheville/Charlotte or even VA/SC, but Raleigh would be wonderful. I know that on JLB's solo tour he had Raleigh scheduled as one of his first stops. Unfortunately that tour never happened, I'm sure they can make it up to me somehow...  ;D

Hey, How about at DPAC? That is a great venue for a show. That is the Durham Performing Arts Center for those who do not live in NC. Has DT ever played in SC? Up until 2 years ago, they had never played in NC. I made the trip to Asheville to see them, but really hope I don't have to drive that far again. There is a very nice House of Blues in North Myrtle Beach. Would be awesome if they made a stop there as that is only 1 hours drive from my home. Don't think that will happen as I don't see them coming east of I-95 in NC.
"You know how you get to Carnegie Hall don't ya? Practice!"

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2011, 10:37:47 PM »
Portnoy promised they would come back for a headliner for BC&SL here in AZ, never happened.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2011, 09:20:31 AM »
Dear Dream Theater,

-SDN

I go to school in Greenville, SC, so Asheville is a manageable drive for me.  I'm from Raleigh, and driving 4 hours for a concert in October is a bit much.  Charlotte I could probably do though.  But I did make the trip from Raleigh to Asheville for PN09 and it was so so worth it. :metal

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2011, 10:13:25 AM »
Just announced....10/17 @ Warner Theatre in Washington....on sale 8/12

Offline kevinpwrs

« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2011, 12:17:48 PM »

Wow! Warner Theater is a beautiful facility. I could see myself doing a show there. Will have to if they don't come any closer to NC. Where did you see the announcement? I didn't see it on the Warner website or at DT.net.

Offline DTFan0789

« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2011, 12:54:38 PM »
Hmmm, one thing that I will say about all of this is that if Portnoy was still in the band, I'd be able to go ask on his forum about a Philly date, and he'd most likely respond with an answer. I sent a tweet to both James and John asking about the big gap that's in the tour calendar and got nothing. I think that they could be a little more professional with announcing all of these dates. A lot of them aren't even being announced on the official DT website, and it seems like you really have to scour the internetz to find them as they're being leaked. Just saying...
"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell, 1984

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2011, 01:12:22 PM »
Portnoy promised they would come back for a headliner for BC&SL here in AZ, never happened.
Join the club.  I actually passed on seeing them in Cali specifically because of that promise.  As I've said in the past, for every example of his contact with the fans being a good thing,  there's one where it bites me in the ass. 

Personally,  every date on this tour is a mess for me.  I was really wanting to travel and see a couple of these, but I'll probably have to do that with a different band over the winter.

Also,  all of the announcements and onsale dates being scattered really sucks ass.  I bought Houston tickets this morning,  largely because I have no idea on Earth whether or not there'll be a Dallas date.  They'll probably announce that one today. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline kevinpwrs

« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2011, 01:12:35 PM »
Hmmm, one thing that I will say about all of this is that if Portnoy was still in the band, I'd be able to go ask on his forum about a Philly date, and he'd most likely respond with an answer. I sent a tweet to both James and John asking about the big gap that's in the tour calendar and got nothing. I think that they could be a little more professional with announcing all of these dates. A lot of them aren't even being announced on the official DT website, and it seems like you really have to scour the internetz to find them as they're being leaked. Just saying...

Would be nice if they would announce all the dates at once. Would make it easy for the people that are trying to string together multiple shows. I would like to see a couple of shows on this tour, so it would help with planning travel to the cities I want and in booking hotel rooms. Not to mention letting my boss know when I want off for vacation time.  I was just at the Trans Siberian Orchestra forum and they have their winter tour schedule lined up. They make it easy for the fans that want to see more than one show.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2011, 01:15:51 PM »
:facepalm:

The dates that have been announced are the only ones confirmed. It's not up to Dream Theater, it's up to the label, the promoters and the management. I can assure you more dates will come in that big gap.

Also, it's not like a lot of people check dt.net. I have seen that facebook has become much more populated and it has become a quick source of information.

I don't know if you know, but dt.net is run by Itchy, a webmaster that's really not one of the best webmasters out there. If the dates aren't on that site, is because of Itchy and not because of anybody else.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2011, 01:55:20 PM »

Wow! Warner Theater is a beautiful facility. I could see myself doing a show there. Will have to if they don't come any closer to NC. Where did you see the announcement? I didn't see it on the Warner website or at DT.net.

It's on TM / LN sites

Offline DTFan0789

« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2011, 02:21:02 PM »
:facepalm:

The dates that have been announced are the only ones confirmed. It's not up to Dream Theater, it's up to the label, the promoters and the management. I can assure you more dates will come in that big gap.

Also, it's not like a lot of people check dt.net. I have seen that facebook has become much more populated and it has become a quick source of information.

I don't know if you know, but dt.net is run by Itchy, a webmaster that's really not one of the best webmasters out there. If the dates aren't on that site, is because of Itchy and not because of anybody else.

Yes, I'm well aware of that. All I'm saying is this: If this were 2 years ago, and there was a big gap like this in the touring schedule, there's no doubt in my mind that Portnoy would be posting on his forum saying, "Hey guys, these aren't confirmed yet, but we're trying to get *insert various cities/venues here* worked out, so hang tight!" I'm not very impressed with the "fan interaction" right now when it comes to this.
"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell, 1984

Offline DarkEternalNight

• I take the "the" out of psychotherapist
  • GODDDD ISSSS DEAAADDDD
« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2011, 02:42:09 PM »
Really hoping D.C. isn't the closest date to me. 5 hours away on a Monday night in October is impossible for me to make.

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline kevinpwrs

« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2011, 04:01:45 PM »
Well, they are in DC on Oct 17 and Pompano Beach, Fla on Oct 21.  So, unless the hit Va, NC or SC in between, it's gonna be only one show and a 800 mile (400 each way) road trip to see them. Really wish they played shows closer together. Maybe they will be within distance on the second leg? Shit!

Offline kevinpwrs

« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2011, 05:41:29 PM »
All you Philly peeps will be happy! October 16 is your show.

Offline Cookstar

« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2011, 07:32:51 PM »
They are in Orlando on Oct. 23.  I don't know why Florida gets three dates.  Hopefully, they will hit the Carolinas or at least Atlanta in between the 17th and 21st

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2011, 07:41:40 PM »
Chicago on October 2nd and Salt Lake City, UT on September 30th.

I will going to Chicago instead of Pittsburgh.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2011, 08:08:34 PM »
All you Philly peeps will be happy! October 16 is your show.

where?

Offline kevinpwrs

Offline 2Timer

• The only DT fan who plays country music!
  • Don't turn your back on parrot eyes
« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2011, 09:38:37 PM »
I guess they finally outgrew the Tower. Merriam looks gorgeous. Is it a better neighborhood?
I am God when it goes to hell
When it turns out good I'm not to blame

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2011, 09:48:12 PM »
isn't the Tower big than the Merriam?

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2011, 09:49:48 PM »
Tower 3,119
Merriam is about 1700 i believe.

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2011, 12:07:22 AM »
Updated tour dates (so far).........

Saturday
Sep 24, 2011
8:00 PM Warfield Theatre
San Francisco, California

Sunday
Sep 25, 2011
8:00 PM NOKIA Theatre L.A. LIVE
Los Angeles, California

Tuesday
Sep 27, 2011
8:00 PM Showbox SoDo
Seattle, Washington

Wednesday
Sep 28, 2011
7:30 PM Queen Elizabeth Theatre
Vancouver, British Columbia

Friday
Sep 30, 2011
7:00 PM Kingsbury Hall
Salt Lake City, Utah

Sunday
Oct 2, 2011
Time: TBA Rosemont Theatre
Chicago, Illinois

Monday
Oct 3, 2011
8:00 PM Royal Oak Music Theatre
Royal Oak, Michigan

Tuesday
Oct 4, 2011
7:00 PM Trib Total Media Amphitheatre
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Thursday
Oct 6, 2011
8:00 PM Massey Hall
Toronto, Ontario

Friday
Oct 7, 2011
8:00 PM Place des Arts
Montreal, Quebec

Saturday
Oct 8, 2011
8:00 PM Pavillon de la Juenesse
Quebec, Quebec

Monday
Oct 10, 2011
8:00 PM Orpheum Theatre
Boston, Massachusetts

Tuesday
Oct 11, 2011
8:00 PM Mayo Performing Arts Center
Morristown, New Jersey :tup

Wednesday
Oct 12, 2011
8:00 PM Beacon Theatre
New York, New York :tup

Sunday
Oct 16, 2011
Time: TBA Merriam Theatre
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania :tup

Monday
Oct 17, 2011
Time: TBA Warner Theatre
Washington , District of Columbia

Friday
Oct 21, 2011
7:00 PM Pompano Beach Amphitheater
Pompano Beach, Florida

Saturday
Oct 22, 2011
8:00 PM Ruth Eckard Hall
Clearwater, Florida

Sunday
Oct 23, 2011
7:30 PM Hard Rock Live
Orlando, Florida

Tuesday
Oct 25, 2011
8:00 PM Verizon Wireless Theater
Houston, Texas

Wednesday
Oct 26, 2011
8:00 PM Bass Concert Hall
Austin, Texas

Thursday
Oct 27, 2011
Time: TBA Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie
Dallas, Texas

Offline 2Timer

« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2011, 06:44:47 AM »
Tower 3,119

Wow! Since their fanbase has grown every time I've seen them, I wonder why they went for smaller venues this time.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #97 on: August 06, 2011, 07:51:14 AM »
There has to be a CT date between the 12th and the 16h

Offline dvargas

« Reply #98 on: August 06, 2011, 08:13:22 AM »

Also,  all of the announcements and onsale dates being scattered really sucks ass.  I bought Houston tickets this morning,  largely because I have no idea on Earth whether or not there'll be a Dallas date.  They'll probably announce that one today. 

Ha, ha!!!!

They just did!!!!!

And maybe salt lake is closer to u too......

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #99 on: August 06, 2011, 09:21:20 AM »
Tower 3,119

Wow! Since their fanbase has grown every time I've seen them, I wonder why they went for smaller venues this time.

Have you been to any of the last 4 times they've played the Tower??? The attendance has gotten smaller and smaller each time. I doubt they had even 1,800 people there on the BC&SL tour. No choice but to downsize!

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #100 on: August 06, 2011, 09:22:37 AM »
Tower 3,119

I personally don't think their fanbase has grown in North America at all. If anything, it's decreased.

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #101 on: August 06, 2011, 09:24:15 AM »
There has to be a CT date between the 12th and the 16h

That would make sense, unless they are taking a few days off.

Offline 2Timer

« Reply #102 on: August 06, 2011, 09:39:05 AM »
I've been to every Philly show since 97. I thought I remembered it being really packed, but my wife says otherwise. I guess it was just me.  ???

Offline DTFan0789

« Reply #103 on: August 06, 2011, 11:34:50 AM »
Tower 3,119

Have you been to any of the last 4 times they've played the Tower??? The attendance has gotten smaller and smaller each time. I doubt they had even 1,800 people there on the BC&SL tour. No choice but to downsize!

Yep, it's the truth. I was there for the PN '09 tour (BC&SL), and they definitely didn't pack it. Why play a venue as big as the Tower when you're struggling to fill it each time? I'm not a big fan of the Tower anyway, nor the neighborhood of Upper Darby for that matter. I'd much rather see them play in a more intimate venue in an artsy community.

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #104 on: August 06, 2011, 05:37:22 PM »
The last time they packed the Tower was in '02 on the 6DOIT tour. It has been steadily decreasing on each stop there since. Don't know why, but that's just the way it's been. :tdwn