Author Topic: Initial North American Tour Dates Announced  (Read 29776 times)

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
Re: Initial North American Tour Dates Announced
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2011, 10:43:50 PM »
Looking like la for me unless they add a san Diego.   Cannot wait

No.  U come here.

I actually had already thought about it

Offline DTFan0789

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2011, 12:22:55 AM »
DREAM THEATER Y U NO PHILADELPHIA?

I'm feeling your pain buddy. I was shocked to see no Philly date, especially since they have played Philly on pretty much every tour over the past 10 years and I was hoping they would play the Tower just as they did on the BC&SL tour. I'm just crossing my fingers that not all the dates have been revealed yet. Otherwise I'm gonna be pretty upset.

I'm holding out for a Philly date as well. However, I really wish that they'd play the Keswick Theater instead of the Tower. Saw them for the first time on the PN '09 tour there, and I wasn't impressed with the venue at all. The Keswick has a much more intimate atmosphere, and Glenside is just a nicer area than Upper Darby overall.

The Keswick is for Jazz concerts and fail comedy shows (I've seen some acts there which I liked). It's not really the right kind of setting for a metal show, which is what DT is. I love going to the Tower to see them and I hope they come back again.

Hmmmm, that's interesting considering that Queensryche plays there all the time (they're actually gonna be there on the 11th of this month). I've also seen G3 with Malmsteen there back in '03, as well as Joe Satriani in '04. Wasn't really all that impressed with the Tower when I saw DT there in '09. I think that the Keswick has better acoustics, as well as an all around better atmosphere. I'm still gonna go see them this year no matter what venue they play, I'm just stating my preference.
"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell, 1984

Offline Deve

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2011, 01:31:54 AM »
Love that they're playing at Massey Hall in TO! They've been playing the Molson Amphitheatre since SC, cannot wait for them to be back at the beautiful theatre that is Massey Hall.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2011, 03:00:41 AM »
Anaheim would be great on a Monday night, but I'd still drive to San Diego for a second showing.  Has DT ever opened a leg in San Francisco before?  Sounds like it could be a blast for those guys.

Also, if you like to see DT up close and sweaty on stage, don't buy the VIP at the Warfield, they stick you in the seated area upstairs.  Get the GA ticket and arrive early like any good DTFer would do.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2011, 03:23:18 AM »
Wow, just noticed that I Love All Access is handling the VIP -  went to their Megadeth VIP event and was enormously impressed with the level customer service and package amenities (including an open bar and catering!!)

Anyone have any insight when L.A. tix go on sale? 

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2011, 05:14:22 AM »
No CT = sad panda

I just checked the Oakdale's schedule. Nothing is scheduled for October yet until the 15th. A CT date is still plausible.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2011, 06:44:04 AM »
No CT = sad panda

I just checked the Oakdale's schedule. Nothing is scheduled for October yet until the 15th. A CT date is still plausible.

pleeeasssssseee

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2011, 12:40:21 PM »
Press release says that "a brand new tour production unlike any other that we've done before."

Any speculation?

I interpret it to mean "since we're not having rotating setlists, we're doubling our efforts to kick ass in other ways."  Wonder what they're planning, and I hope it makes me want to see multiple shows on this leg.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2011, 12:49:10 PM »
No Az, or Co makes me a sad panda.

I wouldn't mind traveling to see them if they came there, but we have to wait and see. If they come to New Mexico and not pass through, I'll be a happy happy man.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2011, 12:54:02 PM »
Press release says that "a brand new tour production unlike any other that we've done before."

Any speculation?

I interpret it to mean "since we're not having rotating setlists, we're doubling our efforts to kick ass in other ways."  Wonder what they're planning, and I hope it makes me want to see multiple shows on this leg.

And evening and a half with Dream Theater? 4.5 hour sets?

Offline FallTempest

• Canadian bacon.
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2011, 01:20:03 PM »
Love that they're playing at Massey Hall in TO! They've been playing the Molson Amphitheatre since SC, cannot wait for them to be back at the beautiful theatre that is Massey Hall.

Im with you there! So much better than the big Molson. Although I do love having a waterpark right beside the venue..  :D
This is a nice place

Offline dongringo

« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2011, 06:07:58 PM »
There's a day between LA and Seattle. I sure hope they add Portland because I won't be able to travel this year.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2011, 07:11:43 PM »
If they don't come withing 4 hours on Raleigh, NC I will be quite disappointed. I've gotta think that between NYC and Clearwater, FL they will stop in VA or NC. I NEED TO SEE THEM!
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Cookstar

« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2011, 07:18:03 PM »
If they don't come withing 4 hours on Raleigh, NC I will be quite disappointed. I've gotta think that between NYC and Clearwater, FL they will stop in VA or NC. I NEED TO SEE THEM!
I live just north of Charlotte and I wish they would come to the Charlotte or Raleigh area.  I saw them in Asheville in 2009 so there's a chance they'll come back to NC.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2011, 07:27:58 PM »

Any speculation?

I'm guessing brand new video presentations (ans screens), kick-ass lightning and hopefully, some real stage decorations (not like the ants).
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2011, 07:47:42 PM »

Any speculation?

I'm guessing brand new video presentations (ans screens), kick-ass lightning and hopefully, some real stage decorations (not like the ants).

Don't forget boats and hoes

Offline kevinpwrs

« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2011, 09:07:45 PM »
I live just north of Charlotte and I wish they would come to the Charlotte or Raleigh area.  I saw them in Asheville in 2009 so there's a chance they'll come back to NC.

Hope so. I live in Wilmington and it would be nice not to have to drive 400 miles to see them.
"You know how you get to Carnegie Hall don't ya? Practice!"

Offline ibosmiley

« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2011, 10:48:52 PM »
Hmmm Can I haz Bmore/DC tour date??  Somewhere in that gap after the 12th?  Can I haz??
"Are you listening to the words I say.  In the meadows my thoughts dance and play.  I know now I'm the only one.  Who can convince the rising sun"

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2011, 02:51:50 AM »

No.  U come here.

I thought you lived in Texas!
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Frank

« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2011, 09:17:26 AM »
DREAM THEATER Y U NO PHILADELPHIA?

I'm feeling your pain buddy. I was shocked to see no Philly date, especially since they have played Philly on pretty much every tour over the past 10 years and I was hoping they would play the Tower just as they did on the BC&SL tour. I'm just crossing my fingers that not all the dates have been revealed yet. Otherwise I'm gonna be pretty upset.

Being a college student around Philly, I myself am nearly praying for their arrival here!
Ahh, I hit the home button!
- Jordan Rudess

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2011, 10:14:20 AM »
Places des Arts is a really nice venue.  I'm glad the Montréal show is there.

Really? I saw PT there in 2010 and I was disappointed...I mean, sure, it's really nice, but I don't want to be rocking out while I'm stuck sitting in theatre seats with very little leg room. I'd much rather stand.
Quote from: Jamesman42
Global Laziness: Speaks for Canada
Quote from: black_floyd
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2011, 10:59:15 AM »

No.  U come here.

I thought you lived in Texas!

I have sadly left and went to San Diego for a while and am now in LA....
miss TX on many levels

Offline IJewBear

« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2011, 11:23:34 AM »
So should I wait to see if a San Diego show will be announced or should I deal with the L.A show? Tickets go on sale a 5.

Offline pietro123

• The Silent Man
  • |eruditio.vivo|
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2011, 11:26:50 AM »
Does anyone have any idea if there are more VIP package location to be announced? On the Facebook account it says:

Limited Dream Theater Meet & Greet and Tour packages for all North American dates available at https://bit.ly/DreamVIP!

And the Toronto date isn't listed with a meet-and-greet. Any idea if I should wait for one to be announced, or get my ticket as soon as they go on sale?
Through Nature's inflexible grace, I'm learning to live.

Offline pinchylarue

« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2011, 05:02:10 PM »
Does anyone have any idea if there are more VIP package location to be announced? On the Facebook account it says:

Limited Dream Theater Meet & Greet and Tour packages for all North American dates available at https://bit.ly/DreamVIP!

And the Toronto date isn't listed with a meet-and-greet. Any idea if I should wait for one to be announced, or get my ticket as soon as they go on sale?

I have the same problem man. I am stuck here.

but dream theaters website says "meet and greets will be avaliable for ALL shows"
Im thinking they announce it tomorrow and meet and greets go on sale friday at 5pm

Offline 2Timer

• The only DT fan who plays country music!
  • Don't turn your back on parrot eyes
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2011, 05:12:32 PM »
I'd like to hold out for a Philly show, too, but I guess there's no guarantee that there will be one. The last time I gave up on it, I bought tickets for Pittsburgh or NJ (can't remember which), and they announced a Philly show right after I paid for tickets.
I am God when it goes to hell
When it turns out good I'm not to blame

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2011, 05:29:29 PM »
I was just wondering why Meet & Greet packages weren't available during european part of this tour this summer?  :(

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2011, 05:45:25 PM »
I really don't see a time where Arizona fits into this schedule. My guess is it will be pushed back and happen after this leg :(

Offline DTFan0789

« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2011, 06:45:43 PM »
Alright, it's seriously time for them to announce a Philly date now....
"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell, 1984

Offline pietro123

• The Silent Man
  • |eruditio.vivo|
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2011, 08:32:27 PM »

I have the same problem man. I am stuck here.

but dream theaters website says "meet and greets will be avaliable for ALL shows"

Im thinking they announce it tomorrow and meet and greets go on sale friday at 5pm

Hopefully. Tix to the public go for sale Friday at 12pm. I'm hoping a TO meet-and-greet is announced before then. If not, I'm gonna have to get my ticket. I better not get screwed and have the meet-and-greet (if it happens) announced after I buy my ticket.
Through Nature's inflexible grace, I'm learning to live.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2011, 05:41:27 PM »
Dear Dream Theater,

Rest of the dates please.  Unless there aren't any in NC or SC or Atlanta, in which case James LaBrie you broke your promise to come back and I will hate you forever.

(loljk but srsly come back to Asheville)

-SDN

Offline kevinpwrs

« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2011, 06:19:40 PM »
Dear Dream Theater,

Rest of the dates please.  Unless there aren't any in NC or SC or Atlanta, in which case James LaBrie you broke your promise to come back and I will hate you forever.

(loljk but srsly come back to Asheville)

-SDN

I hope they return to NC also. If they do, I hope they play more in the center of the state. Asheville is about 350 miles from me. Charlotte or Raleigh would be much better. That gap between Oct 12 and Oct 22 is where I'm expecting to see them. Hopefully in NC. If not, it will be Baltimore, Virginia or Georgia.
"You know how you get to Carnegie Hall don't ya? Practice!"

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2011, 06:52:33 PM »
I'm ready for them to release more dates. I need Atlanta.  :metal

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2011, 07:22:46 PM »
Alright, it's seriously time for them to announce a Philly date now....