Author Topic: Hello  (Read 7801 times)

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
Hello
« on: July 30, 2011, 11:54:19 PM »
Hey guys,

So I thought I would write this thread to vent.  I thought I would leave permanently when I first posted in the chat thread, but it seems my presence has been dragged out long since I've left.  I tried to leave without making a big deal. I didn't start my own thread about leaving. I just wanted to let people know I was gone.  But you know what, a thread was started about me, so I'm gonna start my own.  I expect it to be locked or whatever but that's fine.

I have never met such childish people in my life.  Now, granted, some of the people in this forum have been constructive and great people, and I thank them for that.  But the vast, overwhelming majority of you have been more immature that I've ever witnessed from anyone.  It's very ironic how you all claim to know so much about life and being an adult, but yet you'll take the time to be immature children and try to tear down a 16 year old, who is accomplishing things you've never even dreamed of.  Yeah I said it, and yeah, I have a HUGE ego now.  All you guys are doing is fueling it.

Seriously, do you think the threads about me upset me?  Yes. To a point.  They do.  There's a lot of hurtful things said by people I thought were friends.  I've taken a lot of shit, more than when I started posting here which is REALLY saying something since I've been constantly bullied here from the moment I joined.  Although, I let that bullying go.  When threads were started personally about me which were fucked up, I voted for those people to gain access to the forum, because I guess I'm just too cool of a fucking guy.  But what's more important is that when you guys upset me, you take this as a sign that I'm not really confident.  No, that's not it.  ANYONE would be upset if an entire community of people was telling them they were wrong about something they were working so hard at.  But you know what?  I bounce back in around 5 minutes.  And when I do, I'm better than ever.  More confident ever.  And my ego is bigger than ever.  The fact that you guys take time out of YOUR lives to create fake names, fake personas, fake facebooks, all to register on MY website.  It feels fucking amazing.

Of course, I did make a mistake when I first started The Shell. I admit to that, and have changed a lot in order to focus more on magic, and less than what I was focussing on before.  What I was trying to do did not make sense, and my current direction does. 

I also understand why some of you are upset because I've "alienated" my original fanbase by not posting youtube videos anymore.  I intend on becoming a billionaire.  And you do not do that by posting magic videos on youtube.  You do that by creating something innovative, which is what I'm doing.  And I AM a CEO.

CEO:  The highest ranking executive in a company whose main responsibilities include developing and implementing high-level strategies, making major corporate decisions, managing the overall operations and resources of a company, and acting as the main point of communication between the board of directors and the corporate operations. The CEO will often have a position on the board, and in some cases is even the chair.

While I do not have a board, Bedeceived is currently being processed as a legal entity, and I did create it, and I do run it.  It does have legal employees that I manage.  That makes me a CEO.

It's honestly sad to me how much many of you spend trying to tear down another person's dreams.  And I will never understand why. Maybe it's a form of entertainment, I don't know.  I understand why those of you who gave me constructive criticism did it, but other than that I cannot wrap my brain around the people who want nothing but to see me fall. 

I can honestly say that I wish everyone here the best of luck.  This thread is intended to vent, and to defend myself while no one else did.

Also, I am completely ashamed of the forum staff here.  Really? 5 pages to a thread dedicated to talking shit about me?  I've donated money to DTF, and while I've never waved that in anyone's face, it's kinda fucked up that I gave money to people who don't give a shit about me. 

So this is my goodbye.  I wanted it to be in the chat thread, but I wasn't left a choice.

EDIT:  Oh and by the way.  To those of you complaining about all of your threads being deleted or locked, I had nothing to do with that.  That's the mods.  And the posts in question were against the forum rules anyways.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 12:06:48 AM by icysk8r »
www.bedeceived.com

ZOMG WHAT'S AT BEDECEIVED.COM?

I DUNNO!  CLICK THE DARNED LINK TO FIND OUT!

Offline Tripp

• "Just because I OD'ed doesn't mean I do drugs"
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 11:55:31 PM »
l8r allig8r
hi

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 11:56:13 PM »
I'll read that in a second, but did you really make a dramatic return just to say goodbye again?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 12:01:06 AM »
If you read it, you would realize why I wrote it.
www.bedeceived.com

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 12:02:20 AM »
I like that picture with you and the fence.

Online Adami

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 12:02:48 AM »
I read it. You started a new thread (when there's a whole thread dedicated to you, on the first page as I'm typing this), and came back after what......a month? Just to say goodbye again and tell everyone how much they suck.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 12:06:51 AM »
I can only see good things coming from this thread.

But seriously, Collin, I've never had much of an issue with you but this thread is only going to end in a shitstorm of some kind. It's best for you to just take what you have and run.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 12:07:08 AM »
Um, like, how much money have you made so far with Bedeceived, Icy?  Just curious.  

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 12:07:49 AM »
I read it. You started a new thread (when there's a whole thread dedicated to you, on the first page as I'm typing this), and came back after what......a month? Just to say goodbye again and tell everyone how much they suck.
To defend myself.

Um, like, how much money have you made so far with Bedeceived, Icy?  Just curious. 
That's none of your business.
www.bedeceived.com

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 12:09:15 AM »
fuck you bitch

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 12:09:49 AM »
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 12:09:53 AM »
Um, like, how much money have you made so far with Bedeceived, Icy?  Just curious. 

Okay, then, have you made a billion dollars yet?

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2011, 12:10:20 AM »
fuck you bitch
edited for report.

Okay, then, have you made a billion dollars yet?

Cause people make a billion dollars overnight all the time.
www.bedeceived.com

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2011, 12:10:28 AM »
I bet that tattoo you got is actually a key to the secret Bedeceived bank vault where your millions are hidden away.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2011, 12:11:04 AM »
Of course, I did make a mistake when I first started The Shell. I admit to that, and have changed a lot in order to focus more on magic, and less than what I was focussing on before.  What I was trying to do did not make sense, and my current direction does. 

I am glad you realized this.  Your thing with magicians is something I can get behind, or can at least wish you luck with.  The self-help thing, not so much.  

Though, another bit of constructive criticism: you know money isn't the key to happiness, right?  Why try to become a billionaire?  The EpicMealTime people seem to be doing pretty well for themselves making funny videos and selling t-shirts.  They're probably content with their lives.  You could probably do the same thing, maybe even graduate to getting a professional magic touring act or a TV show from there.  Why is the billionaire thing so important to you?

Um, like, how much money have you made so far with Bedeceived, Icy?  Just curious.  

But how can we invest in your soon-to-be billion dollar company if we can't see the financials to determine if its a good investment?

I'm sorry that was my drunk asshole business student self talking.

Online Adami

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2011, 12:11:34 AM »
But dude, you don't need to defend yourself. A bunch of people on a board you (until now) don't frequent anymore are questioning your current frame of mind. Why would you even care that much? You have your own forum now, your own business and from what you say it's going extremely well. You shouldn't let a bunch of DTFers get to you. You think when I left 5/8 I cared how much they ripped on me? Nah, because I didn't think anything of them.

Just let it die. The thread was fading anyway, people are quick to let things go. All you're currently accomplishing is throwing salt on a wound.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2011, 12:13:20 AM »
Of course, I did make a mistake when I first started The Shell. I admit to that, and have changed a lot in order to focus more on magic, and less than what I was focussing on before.  What I was trying to do did not make sense, and my current direction does.  

I am glad you realized this.  Your thing with magicians is something I can get behind, or can at least wish you luck with.  The self-help thing, not so much.  

Though, another bit of constructive criticism: you know money isn't the key to happiness, right?  Why try to become a billionaire?  The EpicMealTime people seem to be doing pretty well for themselves making funny videos and selling t-shirts.  They're probably content with their lives.  You could probably do the same thing, maybe even graduate to getting a professional magic touring act or a TV show from there.  Why is the billionaire thing so important to you?

Thank you.

And also, I am happy.  And I'm not doing this for the money. i'm doing this because it's what I enjoy doing.  However being a billionaire is a goal of mine.

Just let it die. The thread was fading anyway, people are quick to let things go. All you're currently accomplishing is throwing salt on a wound.
It's grown 3 pages since I left, is featured on the front page, and there was a whole thread started about me that lasted 5 pages before anyone did anything about it.  I think a little bit of defending is in order when no one else will defend me.
www.bedeceived.com

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2011, 12:13:36 AM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 12:22:07 AM by MasterShakezula »

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2011, 12:15:03 AM »

In fairness, I don't think it was just the bedeceived thread here.  As far as I know there were some other things going on.  

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2011, 12:15:47 AM »
While I'm not sold on what you are doing is the wisest of things, and the ambitions you have may be a touch unfounded, I wish you the best of luck.  Have you been treated shitty here on more than one occasion, yes, definatly.  Have you brought some of this upon yourself, yes, even you have to admit to that one.  I think this is a situation where you have outgrown the need you once had for this place, and that it's time to move on.  Do it with style and class.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2011, 12:17:25 AM »
Do it with style
this shouldn't be a problem for him

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2011, 12:18:00 AM »
Deleted

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2011, 12:18:23 AM »
Again, why?  What purpose will it serve?  

Don't be like the first few Doctors, who were acting all grumpy and important like you do when you're young.  Be more like the fifth and actually enjoy yourself before you have to really go into the real world.  Like Adami said, don't let people you don't know on a forum get to you like this.  

Online Adami

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2011, 12:19:15 AM »
MasterShakezula, I don't really have a problem with you, but you're REALLY not adding anything to this thread. It seems you're just here to antagonize Collin.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2011, 12:20:24 AM »
collin you are a talented dude with a lot of determination and you can certainly accomplish a good amount of stuff

it's just that goddamn ego of yours

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2011, 12:23:52 AM »
MasterShakezula, I don't really have a problem with you, but you're REALLY not adding anything to this thread. It seems you're just here to antagonize Collin.

Okay, I deleted the posts that seemed to come across as antagonistic.

Honestly, icy, I think you have strong potential as a magician, and think that you could be successful with Bedeceived if you mainly focus it on that, because the magic is a strong point of yours. 

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2011, 12:24:41 AM »
Which is why Bedeceived has changed.
www.bedeceived.com

Offline Edan the Man

• DTF.org Alumni
  • I got my special savin' the world boots on
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2011, 12:25:49 AM »
While I do agree with some of the criticism received, I can definitely understand how you might've been rubbed the wrong way by the community (this coming from a rather neutral lurking-most-of-the-time-not-getting-involved kinda guy). Either way, any thoughts about your busines aside, I really respect your dedication and ambition icy. Even if it doesn't turn out the way you envision now, I think you'll end up successful.

So I say keep it up, and just leave this place without any more drama (honestly I would request a self imposed ip ban if I were you).

Best of luck to you.

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2011, 12:26:59 AM »
While I do agree with some of the criticism received, I can definitely understand how you might've been rubbed the wrong way by the community (this coming from a rather neutral lurking-most-of-the-time-not-getting-involved kinda guy). Either way, any thoughts about your busines aside, I really respect your dedication and ambition icy. Even if it doesn't turn out the way you envision now, I think you'll end up successful.

So I say keep it up, and just leave this place without any more drama (honestly I would request a self imposed ip ban if I were you).

Best of luck to you.
Thank you very much. I appreciate it.

And I did request it.  My request was ignored by Bosk.
www.bedeceived.com

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2011, 12:29:43 AM »
Yeah I said it, and yeah, I have a HUGE ego now.
How is this something to be proud of?

It's very ironic how you all claim to know so much about life and being an adult, but yet you'll take the time to be immature children and try to tear down a 16 year old, who is accomplishing things you've never even dreamed of. 
This is quite possibly the most pretentious thing I have ever read.

You know how many adults here are married, who have touched somebody on a personal level better than anyone could? Adults who are raising children to grow up into beautiful, wonderful people. Adults who achieve their careers as a passion, without a megalomaniacal disregard for others.

I'm glad you've found a passion. But I think, at this point at your life, you should enjoy it while you can, before you enter the financial woes of adulthood. Take this time to learn what you can, to prepare for an even better future than the one you're envisioning now. No matter how you feel, you're still young. Use it to your advantage.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 12:37:20 AM by MetalJunkie »
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2011, 12:32:35 AM »
I like the feeling.  A lot different than hating myself.  Maybe I'll level out in the middle some day.  But right now I'm having so much fun with this.
www.bedeceived.com

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2011, 12:37:10 AM »
If you have such a huge ego, you shouldn't feel the need to defend yourself to people who are, in your own words, the most childish people you've ever met in your life.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2011, 12:37:38 AM »
I like the feeling.  A lot different than hating myself.  Maybe I'll level out in the middle some day.  But right now I'm having so much fun with this.
Check my edit.

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2011, 12:40:03 AM »

It's very ironic how you all claim to know so much about life and being an adult, but yet you'll take the time to be immature children and try to tear down a 16 year old, who is accomplishing things you've never even dreamed of. 

You know how many adults here are married, who have touched somebody on a personal level better than anyone could? Adults who are raising children to grow up into beautiful, wonderful people. Adults who achieve their careers as a passion, without a megalomaniacal disregard for others.

I'm glad you've found a passion. But I think, at this point at your life, you should enjoy it while you can, before you enter the financial woes of adulthood. Take this time to learn what you can, to prepare for an even better future than the one you're envisioning now. No matter how you feel, you're still young. Use it to your advantage.
I AM using it to my advantage.  Because while all these other people my age are drinking, getting stoned, and being kids, I'm putting in 12-15 hours a day to something I love and I know will make me successful one day.

www.bedeceived.com

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2011, 12:41:38 AM »

I AM using it to my advantage.  Because while all these other people my age are drinking, getting stoned, and being kids , I'm putting in 12-15 hours a day to something I love and I know will make me successful one day.
It's because they are.