Author Topic: Circles - The Compass EP (2011)  (Read 825 times)

Offline ghostnotes

• Groove machine.
Circles - The Compass EP (2011)
« on: July 29, 2011, 08:22:20 AM »
Searched around and didn't see mention of this band or album in this forum.  This EP came out in May and has been slaying me for a solid two months.  If I could describe them, I'd say Animals as Leaders, Kaddisfly, and Karnivool got put into a blender and Circles came out.  Great riffage, soaring vocals, interesting prog elements, and electronics/programming strategically weaved throughout.  It's a very consistent and enjoyable listen from start to finish.

If you haven't heard their stuff, and like any of the above bands, give it a go!

https://basickrecords.bandcamp.com/album/the-compass

Offline ghostnotes

• Groove machine.
Re: Circles - The Compass EP (2011)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 10:32:27 AM »
Page 2, zero replies?  This forum cannot be serious.  Bumping and letting the chips fall where they may - maybe someone will choose to not sleep on this band.

Offline Tripp

• "Just because I OD'ed doesn't mean I do drugs"
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 10:41:52 AM »
Just listened to "The Frontline" and I have to say, their musicianship is incredible, but there is something about the vocals that puts me off. Maybe it's something I just have to get used to, so I'll keep listening to what they have to offer.
hi

Offline ghostnotes

• Groove machine.
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 11:19:49 AM »
Woot!  Keep at it - the EP isn't very long, but there are some great rocking moments on this thing!  I happen to love the vocals, being a huge Kaddisfly fan (and this guy sounds a lot like that vocalist IMO).

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 12:48:01 PM »
As I just got into this sort of music recently, this sounds like my sort of thing. Will check it out.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.