Author Topic: Hiromi - Voice  (Read 1248 times)

Offline yorost

• Inactive
Hiromi - Voice
« on: June 08, 2011, 10:13:29 PM »
Technically it was just released in North America, although the Japanese version has been out for months.  I know some of you out there have picked this up already.  What do you think?  On first listen I felt it was very impressive, might be she's put out something to challenge Spiral and Time Control in quality.  We'll see, I hate to make definitive judgment statements on albums until I've had them for a good long time.  I'd be shocked if it ended up in the lower half of her albums as I rank them, though.  Fantastic first impression.

Beyond Standard had been a bit of a letdown, but it seems like she's just getting better since then.  Can't wait to give this disc more spins while I'm travelling, she's right there as one of my favourite artists and this was my most anticipated release of the year, probably.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: Hiromi - Voice
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 12:59:26 AM »
Easily my favourite album I've heard from her! The songs are a bit more cool and cohesive than before but she still gets to show off her chops. Love it, one of my favourite albums of the year so far!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 05:06:47 AM »
I actually have this album downloaded, just haven't had time to listen just yet.

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 10:16:16 AM »
I have to check it out. Time Control is awesome.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2023, 04:10:30 PM »
Robo-bump!

Saw Hiromi in London last night. She played Silver Lining and Sonicwonder material.

All I have is:  :hefdaddy

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2023, 07:55:27 AM »
Robo-bump!

Saw Hiromi in London last night. She played Silver Lining and Sonicwonder material.

All I have is:  :hefdaddy
I had tickets to see her at the last show of the North American leg of this tour, and couldn't go.  I am still raging about that.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2023, 10:06:57 AM »
I had another event when she was playing in New York about a month ago. Too bad to have missed her. Sonic Wonderland is great.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2023, 03:01:27 PM »
She's back in the States at the end of March 2024. About a solid week in New York!

She fully blew me away. Shredded hard for about 3 hours. That variety and complexity in the flesh was just bananas to witness. :heart
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline brentosmond

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2023, 07:36:20 PM »
I once missed her show because of work. Will definitely attend her show