Author Topic: Average white household 20 times as wealthy as average minority household  (Read 5988 times)

Offline soundgarden

A note from a minority about minority statistics:

Me and my family came to USA dirt poor, living in the worst neighborhoods in Brooklyn and living off scraps at times.  Through many years of hard work, and yes luck, we managed to scale the economic ladder quite well (my immediate family would be middle class and I have two uncles in the upper class).  Living in New York we met, worked with, chatted with, lived with, fought with (and against), etc... minorities of all backgrounds.  

I must therefore say that IMMIGRANT minorities MUST be separated from native minorities when comparing statistics.  Immigrants who recently come to the country KNOWINGLY set themselves up for struggle because we have a grander objective in being here.   It is NOT a grand social problem that Asians or Hispanics, for example, may only have 20% of what white Americans make.  We are fully aware of this.  My mother was when she came here and now we are normal middle class (and with my uncles in the mix I would add we are upper class).  Hispanics are the "new wave" of immigrants going through the same trials the Germans, Irish, and Italians went through.  This is simply history making itself....

The ACTUAL minority problem that must be addressed is the native minority; ie blacks and native americans.  Why are those who have lived here for generations (and millenia) kept at the rear of economic progress.

edit... Just to be clear, I am not espousing that we don't assist other minorities; I am simply stating there is a deeper issue when it comes to minority affairs and the solution is found somewhere  in relationship between Native Americans, descendant Blacks, and long-generation WASPs.  Fix that problem.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 07:37:59 AM by soundgarden »