Author Topic: The Winery Dogs thread - Portnoy, Sheehan and Kotzen  (Read 56942 times)

Offline Kattelox

• Son of a Shepherd and Head of Urban Rangers
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Filthy animals do not belong in Rolf's shed!
Re: The Winery Dogs thread - Portnoy, Sheehan and Kotzen
« Reply #735 on: June 03, 2019, 10:47:17 AM »
Luca Turilli's Rhapsody had the first album ever produced for the Dolby Atmos sound system and was even submitted for a Grammy (not sure if it won). Historic album by that measure, at the very least. I saw them play to maybe 200 people in Chicago. Sometimes hard work just goes unappreciated in the business. C'est la vie. *shrug*
RYM || Last.FM
"No Christ, God, nor religion gave me the answers I was looking for" - Timo Tolkki
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. - Bilbo Baggins

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2017!
« Reply #736 on: June 03, 2019, 11:07:55 AM »
Well, I apologize; I don't mean to pound on anyone for "deserve"; I just hate that word, I guess.   

I remember being at the Genesis forum a couple years ago (it was more than that, because it was in the run-up to the 2007 stadium tour) and I got into a discussion with a member (in every sense of the word) that was up in arms because they were "only" doing a stadium tour (20 dates in Europe and 20 dates in the U.S.) as a trio, and he was convinced that if only Phil would "let" Pete and Steve come back they could do multiple nights in each stadium playing "The Lamb". 

I never did find out what planet he was born on; he just had this belief that because he loved it, everyone would love it.  The reality is, it's a business, and more often than not, if 500 people show up, it's because that's what their audience is.  This isn't Mike's first tour after DT; he's a club/small theater artist at this point, full stop.  It's been a decade now, and the needle has found it's equilibrium. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #737 on: June 03, 2019, 11:12:39 AM »
And he did get his taste of big time playing with Avenged Sevenfold which ironically is when he then transitioned to a small theater musician