Author Topic: The Winery Dogs thread - Portnoy, Sheehan and Kotzen  (Read 112585 times)

Offline RodrigoAltaf

Re: The Winery Dogs thread - Portnoy, Sheehan and Kotzen
« Reply #665 on: November 17, 2018, 10:10:12 AM »
Well, MP and Billy wanted to carry on, but Ritchie wanted some time to focus on his solo career for a bit.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #666 on: November 17, 2018, 10:13:37 AM »
Yeah, but even within the band and their direction, songwriting, etc. 

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #667 on: November 17, 2018, 01:30:49 PM »
I know. He writes 99% of their stuff.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #668 on: December 05, 2018, 02:41:27 PM »

I've never heard of Sony Hall in NYC, but adding it to my concert calendar.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #669 on: December 05, 2018, 02:44:25 PM »
They are playing walking distance from me.  Still not interested.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #670 on: December 05, 2018, 03:16:09 PM »
Playing 5 hours from me.

Nope.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #671 on: December 05, 2018, 05:12:13 PM »
I mean.  It's in Anaheim and I found the two Winery Dogs albums to be tolerable to good.  I can't turn that down.  On a Thursday, though.  Is The Grove, The City National Grove of Anaheim?  The venue that bands like DT and Nightwish typically play in when they come to Anaheim as oppose to the HOB?  I'll probably go if tickets for GA is cheap (like under $30 fees included cheap).

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #672 on: December 05, 2018, 05:42:32 PM »
F***.  I will likely be able to get front row for Ridgefield.  I'll probably go just because.  Hmmm. 

Online Adami

« Reply #673 on: December 05, 2018, 06:17:51 PM »
F***.  I will likely be able to get front row for Ridgefield.  I'll probably go just because.  Hmmm.

Guess you won't have to push too many people out of the way to get front row.  :biggrin:
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #674 on: December 05, 2018, 06:34:56 PM »
I was just at Tupelo last night. Half hour from my house.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #675 on: December 05, 2018, 07:09:55 PM »
Yeah, I'll in all likelihood be at the NYC show.
Photobucket sucks.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #676 on: December 06, 2018, 08:20:27 AM »

Guess you won't have to push too many people out of the way to get front row.  :biggrin:

From the last time I saw them in Ridgefield:

EDIT:  Oops, wrong photo.  This one:

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #677 on: December 06, 2018, 12:22:10 PM »
Man, I still can't believe I haven't seen them and still might not. I LOVE the venue they are playing in Jim Thorpe, but it's the night before RoSfest. So the question is do I drive the hour up there, see the show, and drive home only to be up the next morning and an hour+ the other way to the Philly airport for what will likely be a flight departing before 10am.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #678 on: December 06, 2018, 12:41:53 PM »
Man, I still can't believe I haven't seen them and still might not. I LOVE the venue they are playing in Jim Thorpe, but it's the night before RoSfest. So the question is do I drive the hour up there, see the show, and drive home only to be up the next morning and an hour+ the other way to the Philly airport for what will likely be a flight departing before 10am.

BenStillerDoIt.gif
Photobucket sucks.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #679 on: December 06, 2018, 05:19:41 PM »
I've seen them twice and they are great live, but I wouldn't travel more than a few hours to see them which is where it stands at the moment.

Offline bill1971

« Reply #680 on: December 11, 2018, 10:50:38 PM »
They're also playing in my kitchen.
Not going to this one either.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #681 on: December 12, 2018, 09:08:56 AM »
Got my ticket for the NYC show, went the VIP seating path.  I'm starting to dig this way of viewing concerts over being in the pit.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #682 on: December 15, 2018, 11:45:23 PM »
Well, I was expecting for GA seats for this to be around $30-35 fees included for the Anaheim show, but oddly enough, AXS ticket fees is so much worst than Ticketmaster fees.  A $35 face value ticket comes out to $53.00 for GA section 2-5 (section 1 section is $75.00 fees included).  I will not pay for that.  I paid about $51 fees included, this week for any spot in GA for Within Temptation and they've been around longer and I'm hoping they do have a decent amount of production for their shows.

Well, here's to hoping that these tickets end up on Groupon somehow and I can snag one on the cheaper end near show day.  The SOA show in Anaheim was on Groupon for around $20-ish dollars and I think only 10 of those tickets were sold so there is hope.

On a funnier note, when I looked at the Winery Dogs show on Stubhub, they only have tickets that costed, wait for it.  About $5,000.00.  Someone who listed it clearly is taking the piss right?  No one in their right minds would ever pay that amount for any show (except maybe a Led Zeppelin reunion show).

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #683 on: December 16, 2018, 04:15:43 AM »
On a funnier note, when I looked at the Winery Dogs show on Stubhub, they only have tickets that costed, wait for it.  About $5,000.00.  Someone who listed it clearly is taking the piss right?  No one in their right minds would ever pay that amount for any show (except maybe a Led Zeppelin reunion show).

And only if John Bonham would be there, may I add.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #684 on: December 16, 2018, 08:24:20 AM »
 :lol Im guessing they were off two decimal spots

Online Adami

« Reply #685 on: December 16, 2018, 08:36:59 AM »
Well, I was expecting for GA seats for this to be around $30-35 fees included for the Anaheim show, but oddly enough, AXS ticket fees is so much worst than Ticketmaster fees.  A $35 face value ticket comes out to $53.00 for GA section 2-5 (section 1 section is $75.00 fees included).  I will not pay for that.  I paid about $51 fees included, this week for any spot in GA for Within Temptation and they've been around longer and I'm hoping they do have a decent amount of production for their shows.

Well, here's to hoping that these tickets end up on Groupon somehow and I can snag one on the cheaper end near show day.  The SOA show in Anaheim was on Groupon for around $20-ish dollars and I think only 10 of those tickets were sold so there is hope.

Sounds like you’re just a hater/troll. Or else you’d pay that money and be grateful!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #686 on: December 17, 2018, 01:45:17 PM »
The two guys sitting next to me at Springsteen on Broadway paid $6,000 per seat for their tickets (I most certainly did not.)

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #687 on: April 04, 2019, 04:53:02 PM »
Old new? New news?

https://sleazeroxx.com/the-winery-dogs-about-to-embark-on-who-let-the-dogs-out-2019-tour-starting-on-april-30th/

Nothing against Tupelo Music in NH, but MP has now arrived at a venue size where I know direct friends who play that kind of venue regularly...
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #688 on: April 04, 2019, 05:33:26 PM »
Seeing them May 3rd at a venue I had previously never heard of in NYC, not sure of it's size though.  Seemed to remind me of the 500 capacity Highland ballroom in that it seems to havea ga area and vip tables along the sides.  This concert has slowly creeped up, I haven't really been listening to any WD in awhile, but I am looking forward to seeing them again.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #689 on: April 04, 2019, 05:38:32 PM »
Old new? New news?

https://sleazeroxx.com/the-winery-dogs-about-to-embark-on-who-let-the-dogs-out-2019-tour-starting-on-april-30th/

Nothing against Tupelo Music in NH, but MP has now arrived at a venue size where I know direct friends who play that kind of venue regularly...
I think he arrived a long time ago. They've been playing 1k seat venues for quite some time, and 2 nights at a 700 seater qualifies in my book. Looks like they've sold 900 or so. And in terms of venue size WD is a big step up from his other projects. He's played some club gigs in Dallas, but WD always plays a proper hall.

And in terms of odd theater choices, this is the one that gives me pause. Like they're gonna get Don Rickles to open for them or something. Henny Youngman still alive?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #690 on: April 04, 2019, 05:40:55 PM »
Seeing them May 3rd at a venue I had previously never heard of in NYC, not sure of it's size though.  Seemed to remind me of the 500 capacity Highland ballroom in that it seems to havea ga area and vip tables along the sides.  This concert has slowly creeped up, I haven't really been listening to any WD in awhile, but I am looking forward to seeing them again.
Sony Hall is 1k. Don't recall which one, but I looked into it a few months ago about a different show.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #691 on: April 04, 2019, 05:46:31 PM »
They are playing City National Grove of Anaheim (1,700 people) and charging $50.00 overall for GA.  That's the venue that bands like Nightwish, Delain, Kamelot, DT, etc. plays in as opposed to the slightly larger (2,200 people and all GA) House of Blues that bands like Halestorm, Trivium, Breaking Benjamin, etc. plays in.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #692 on: April 04, 2019, 07:45:33 PM »
I saw them on their last tour at the Ridgefield Playhouse:   500 people on the nose.  I also saw the Similitude tour there, as well.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #693 on: April 05, 2019, 06:47:40 AM »
I haven't been listening to the Winery Dogs much lately, though I have been listening to some of Richie's solo stuff. One of these days I'm going to catch one of his solo shows. But I am looking forward to this Winery Dogs show next month, will probably put them in heavy rotation after the DT and Animals as Leaders shows.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #694 on: April 05, 2019, 06:57:33 AM »
I saw Winery Dogs at Toads Place in New Haven. That's the kind of venue to see them. Rocking out in a fairly small club standing on the floor. I don't have interest in seeing them at Ridgefield Playhouse. Great venue for a band like The Neal Morse Band. Not the kind of venue I want to see a band like The Winery Dogs. Plus too expensive a ticket for them. Toads was like 25 bucks. Perfect.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #695 on: April 05, 2019, 06:59:18 AM »
Last tour they played a 2k venue, it sold maybe half I don't remember.  Not a bad turn out but nothing crazy either.  More than Sons of Apollo and I haven't seen any NMB shows but those seem to be booked at smaller venues.  This is just what MP's been playing to for awhile now.  DT had their slump during TA with no one showing up to shows, but now their local shows here really sold well (NYC sold out, NJ mostly sold).   I always thought TWD were MP's best band in terms of "making it big" since they played a version of rock that is closer to mainstream than his other bands and it did seem like they were having some success.  I wonder how this tour goes and what the future is for this band.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #696 on: April 05, 2019, 07:51:07 AM »
I saw Winery Dogs at Toads Place in New Haven. That's the kind of venue to see them. Rocking out in a fairly small club standing on the floor. I don't have interest in seeing them at Ridgefield Playhouse. Great venue for a band like The Neal Morse Band. Not the kind of venue I want to see a band like The Winery Dogs. Plus too expensive a ticket for them. Toads was like 25 bucks. Perfect.

I wouldn't disagree with that at all.   Not a bit. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #697 on: April 05, 2019, 07:57:07 AM »
They are playing a 1/2 away from me in a venue that holds a max of 700.  It's an awesome place to see a show.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #698 on: April 10, 2019, 10:49:43 AM »
I knew this was coming.  Saw that their show in Anaheim was on Groupon for $17.50.  The section is in the far back though, but I managed to grab a ticket for $14.00 (Groupon had a 20% off sale code).  Sweet baby Jebus, I knew waiting for something like this would work out instead of paying $50+.  This is now the cheapest ticket I have ever bought for this year's concerts (the second lowest was $18 for Coheed and Cambria/Mastodon in LA).
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 11:03:53 AM by Anguyen92 »

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #699 on: April 30, 2019, 09:35:16 AM »
From MP's twitter:

Rehearsals w @thewinerydogs have been great! This is gonna be a great tour...several songs being played for the very 1st time and several that haven’t been played since the 1st tour 6 yrs ago...don’t miss this chance to see the Dogs back in action again!

:metal hope they play The Lamb but I'm glad they are playing the unplayed songs from before