Author Topic: Need computer help!  (Read 1264 times)

Offline 2Timer

• The only DT fan who plays country music!
  • Don't turn your back on parrot eyes
Need computer help!
« on: July 25, 2011, 06:02:45 PM »
I always feel stupid for coming to the DT forums for pc help, but you guys are always really cool about helping, plus you are DT fans, so I shouldn't feel stupid after all, should I?
Anyway, we just got an ipad and can't get it to connect. It sees our wireless router, but it says 'not in range, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK. I'm guessing that means we have our router locked so no one can use it.
Do I have to get into that and unlock it, and if so, how?
Thanks in advance!
I am God when it goes to hell
When it turns out good I'm not to blame

Offline adameastment

Re: Need computer help!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 06:51:51 PM »
I always feel stupid for coming to the DT forums for pc help, but you guys are always really cool about helping, plus you are DT fans, so I shouldn't feel stupid after all, should I?
Anyway, we just got an ipad and can't get it to connect. It sees our wireless router, but it says 'not in range, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK. I'm guessing that means we have our router locked so no one can use it.
Do I have to get into that and unlock it, and if so, how?
Thanks in advance!
Is it one of those routers where you have to push a button to allow you to connect? :S

Offline Scrub206

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 07:05:38 PM »
what kind of router do you have? also if you know how to get into it what is your security mode set too?

if its linksys try in your tool bar 192.186.1.1 -> Login -> Wireless -> wireless security

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 07:13:35 PM »
WPA/WPA2 PSK is a password you set, so you should know your network security key.

Offline 2Timer

• The only DT fan who plays country music!
  • Don't turn your back on parrot eyes
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 08:24:12 PM »
Thanks for the advice, guys. It was as simple as my modem quit communicating with my router when I reset the latter. They just got out of sync. It happens periodically, but I always seem to forget the fix for it.
I am God when it goes to hell
When it turns out good I'm not to blame