Author Topic: 2011-10-10 - Orpheum Theatre - Boston, MA  (Read 27931 times)

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
Re: 2011-10-10 - Orpheum Theatre - Boston, MA
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2011, 07:28:33 PM »
You have no green, orange or red line stops near you?

Offline STFD

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2011, 07:41:38 PM »
I've never been to a DT concert in the US before, are their concerts usually standing (yay) or sitting (why the fuck would they even do that)?

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2011, 08:12:49 PM »
Depends. This show is both if I'm not mistaken.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2011, 05:19:26 AM »
Nope, all seated. It's a theater after all.
It's a bummer they always play there, I hate the venue's sound.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2011, 10:35:50 AM »
Went ahead and bought the meet and greet package. Made alot of money this summer, figured I'd do something cool

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2011, 08:39:43 AM »
Tickets arrived in today's mail!!! :metal
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2011, 06:55:32 PM »
So I was going to get ticket from my brother and I and I just found out there might be a Managers meeting that I may have to fly out to on the day of this show.  I'll find out next week.  Man I hope not.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline EstyMaJ

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2011, 05:16:41 AM »
Well I just found out yesterday that i will be going to this show , I got home from work and the wife was standing there with a birthday card smiling from ear to ear , so i open the card and its says happy birthday go look at your computer , she had the ticket seats and info up on the screen !!
Very cool gift and she set it up so my buddy that i just got into dream theater is going with me since my wife doesn't do my kind of music .
I know cool story bro but I think it is the best gift i ever got I just turned 46 and my wife is a few years older than me so i am very impressed with her doing this on her own !!

Oh another question how are the upper balcony seats as far as seeing the band?
I have seen DT and many other shows at the Orpheum but never sat in the upper  Balcony section
My seats are on the right center In the front of that section but its all the way in the back 

Maybe we can meet up with Tac and some of the others here too!!

Offline Connoc

« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2011, 11:41:47 AM »
Wow. I'm an idiot. I completely missed, despite having bought a ticket, that this show is in Boston not Worcester. So yeah, obviously I don't need a ride to the freakin' Orpheum. Clearly I need to pay closer attention.

Offline livatlantis

• Huh?
  • Vita, morte, miracoli
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2011, 06:04:15 PM »
Got my tickets yesterday! :metal: First DT show after having missed them — :facepalm: — in Pittsburgh opening for maiden Maiden (got a little lost after having driven 12 hours from MA; long story).

The best I could find in my price range was a seat in Orchestra Row F, which is around the front of the section behind the double-letter area. I read that the place isn't very "tiered" so I hope I'll be able to get a clear view.

Now to celebrate with more ADToE :D

Offline bigrich67

« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2011, 03:10:19 PM »
bumping this for bump's sake!!

1 week until my first DT concert - can't wait.   :metal   please be gentle with me LOL.  i've got the M&G package and everything.

looks like we're getting the WfS/FFH/CiaW/BAI/PMU (setlist b) set list if the pattern holds true.  its all good with me.

looking for some opinions on how the sound/acoustics are at this venue.  hope the sound guys have it together for this show. i've been reading that james is hard to hear during some portions of the show.  his singing is as strong as ever on this cd.

i'm making the trip from st albans, vermont to attend.  any other vermonters going to this show?

« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 03:44:00 PM by bigrich67 »

Offline EstyMaJ

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2011, 05:06:50 AM »
bumping this for bump's sake!!

1 week until my first DT concert - can't wait.   :metal   please be gentle with me LOL.  i've got the M&G package and everything.

looks like we're getting the WfS/FFH/CiaW/BAI/PMU (setlist b) set list if the pattern holds true.  its all good with me.

looking for some opinions on how the sound/acoustics are at this venue.  hope the sound guys have it together for this show. i've been reading that james is hard to hear during some portions of the show.  his singing is as strong as ever on this cd.

i'm making the trip from st albans, vermont to attend.  any other vermonters going to this show?

Congrats on your first show !!
The orphium is an old theater and the sound tends to bounce around in there depending on were your sitting. its not a huge theater so not that bad .

This will be my 3rd time seeing them there and 7th total , very excited just wish i was down near the stage But my tickets were a Bday gift from the wife so thats cool as it is.

Offline J51

« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2011, 10:55:57 AM »
Driving from CT for my first DT concert. For you Boston natives, is it easier to drive to the Orpheum, or take the T in from Riverside?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2011, 04:52:36 PM »
Driving from CT for my first DT concert. For you Boston natives, is it easier to drive to the Orpheum, or take the T in from Riverside?
I'd drive in. It's a holiday and there shouldn't be hardly any traffic. 
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bigrich67

« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2011, 06:59:18 PM »
I'd drive in. It's a holiday and there shouldn't be hardly any traffic.

i've read that there is an early afternoon hockey game going on, and the blue man group is in town for a matinee show.  not from the area, so i don't know how that will affect traffic if at all.

The orphium is an old theater and the sound tends to bounce around in there depending on were your sitting. its not a huge theater so not that bad .

i bought the M&G package, so i should be somewhere in the first 5 rows.    :yarr

can't wait -- i'm effin' PUMPED!  MM's homecoming, and i read on the toronto thread that they changed the set list a little bit for that show yesterday (10/6)...creating a "setlist c".  wonder if we'll be getting that one, or another tweak to the list.

Offline greyghost

« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2011, 08:46:08 PM »
I'm driving in from CT too--as it's a holiday, driving all the way in shouldn't be a problem.  I booked a hotel room so my kids and I won't have to drive all the way back in the middle of the night.  I wouldn't be doing it that way, but my ludicrously low bid on Priceline actually found a taker!  I'm getting the room for a third of its usual price, so it's much more reasonable than the usual Boston rates. 
Toronto gives me hope--wouldn't Boston be a great place to debut Lost Not Forgotten??? (If you're listening, DT, wouldn't that be a great idea?)
Also, remember this is a homecoming gig for Mangini, so maybe we'll get something extra special!

Offline J51

« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2011, 09:33:01 PM »
thanks for the help guys you rock  :metal

So when I drive in, where is the best place to park near the theater? If you can't tell, I'm a Boston noob.

Offline greyghost

« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2011, 06:44:08 AM »
I've had good luck with an outfit called Central Parking, which has a bunch of locations in Boston--there's one on Beacon Street about .1 of a mile from the Orpheum.  If you go to the website (just google Central Parking Boston), there's even a coupon.  They're cheaper than a lot of other parking in Boston.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2011, 07:24:18 AM »
Find the Orpheum and then park as soon as you can. There's a parking garage at Downtown Crossing and also underneath the Commons.

The Bruins game and Blue Man Group should have no effect on the traffic.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2011, 09:44:20 PM »
im goin for Pi alley parking garage. hoping i can get there after 5pm for the night rate, and so i can make the meet and greet meetup time at 5:30

Offline Elsydeon

« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2011, 12:34:11 AM »
Looks like I may be also driving from CT up there. wooo hoooo

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2011, 12:28:30 PM »
heres my problem. itll take me 2 hours to drive to boston, and i want to get the garage after 5 pm so i can get the night rate. Not sure if i should leave early in case of traffic, but i dont wanna get to the garage early. anyone know any places to stall around boston?

Offline 7deg_inner_happiness

• Can't get enough music!
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2011, 07:17:27 PM »
Okay...It's OUR turn Boston!! I am so ecstatic to see DT for the 1st time ever tomorrow at the Orpheum with my oldest son (13 years old)! I'm happy to see so many parents and children going together...It shows how truly great ART is loved & appreciated by generations. Let's RAAAWWWKK the house for Mangini's homecoming!
- Ronzoni -

Offline BMWWrstlr

• Official DTF flag-thrower
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2011, 07:43:59 AM »
Can't wait for tonoght....my wife's first DT show. She survived Opeth a few weeks back....so she should be OK for tonight...
All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars.

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2011, 10:38:10 AM »
So who will be the special guest tonight?!

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2011, 10:41:03 AM »
MP?  ;)
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2011, 10:41:33 AM »
Haha, that was the first name that came to mind for me too!

Offline EdenHazard

• INVENTORY!
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2011, 10:43:26 AM »
I guessed "Chuck Testa" on JRs comment at Facebook which was promptly liked by 8 people, so I can only assume it's him.

Offline Millais

Offline WildeSilas

« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2011, 11:53:24 AM »
Best answer from JP's facebook so far:

Welcome to beck
mike portnoy . !! Of dream theater . !
No light at the end of the tunnel due to budget contraints

Offline BMWWrstlr

• Official DTF flag-thrower
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2011, 12:29:49 PM »
So who will be the special guest tonight?!

I would guess a Berklee faculty member...so I'm going with Rod Morgenstein....
All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2011, 12:46:45 PM »
Counting down the hours....

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2011, 02:13:28 PM »
Have a good show guys. :metal

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2011, 03:12:16 PM »
Just heard DT soundchecking the instrumental section of Breaking all Illusions. This may be the most excited I've ever been for a concert.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2011, 03:54:31 PM »
Just heard DT soundchecking the instrumental section of Breaking all Illusions. This may be the most excited I've ever been for a concert.
Nice. I cannot wait to get up there!