Author Topic: Any fellow gun enthusiasts?  (Read 4770 times)

Offline PraXis

Re: Any fellow gun enthusiasts?
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2011, 08:05:18 PM »
I think my next purchase will be a .44.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAwYSnWZ-KU

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2011, 08:12:52 PM »
I have 3 basic options for my future next year, one of them might end up with me having one of these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC6Xns-ILmc
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2011, 08:36:10 PM »
I think my next purchase will be a .44.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAwYSnWZ-KU
My brother now has my dad's S&W 44 revolver.  That thing is a friggin' hand cannon.  It's TOO powerful.  But we get lots of comments at the range.  :biggrin:

My brother also has a Judge.  Ever shoot one?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline PraXis

« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2011, 09:06:28 PM »
That Galil is sweeeeeeet.  :metal

I've never shot a Judge, but my uncle has a Raging Bull and I've been tempted.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2011, 04:18:53 AM »
The Judge is pretty sweet.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2011, 08:24:59 AM »

Interesting weapon, but what's the point?  I gather that people buy these things so they can proudly proclaim to own the most powerful handgun in the world, even though it's pretty much useless from a practical standpoint. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline PraXis

« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2011, 08:32:33 AM »

Interesting weapon, but what's the point?  I gather that people buy these things so they can proudly proclaim to own the most powerful handgun in the world, even though it's pretty much useless from a practical standpoint. 

I know people who hunt with 44s. Also, some ppl prefer revolvers to semi-autos. If ya got the money, buy whatever you want. ;)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2011, 09:12:33 AM »
People who hunt with .44s don't generally want 3" barrels.  There actually is a very real practical application for a weapon like that, which is as a sidearm when you stand a chance of being attacked by an insanely large animal.  .410 in the first cylinder for dispatching snakes, then .44s behind it for stopping any rhinoceroses that might be out to get you.  However, I seriously doubt that any of the people who buy that weapon actually need it for that purpose.  Like I said, I suspect it's mostly just a novelty. 

I make that point because it's exactly the sort of thing that reinforces the stereotype about Americans and their guns.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline PraXis

« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2011, 09:19:58 AM »
True, but what are those who criticize that stereotype gonna do to us... invade or force us to do anything we reject?  :rollin

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2011, 09:28:12 AM »
PraXis is exactly the sort of person that reinforces the stereotype about Americans and their guns.

Fixed. :P  Yeah I agree, its a cool gun, but no practical purpose in everyday life.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2011, 09:55:42 AM »
It probably is more a novelty than anything else, but it's fun to shoot.  That's all I'm saying.

Offline PraXis

« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2011, 10:41:12 AM »
PraXis is exactly the sort of person that reinforces the stereotype about Americans and their guns.

Fixed. :P  Yeah I agree, its a cool gun, but no practical purpose in everyday life.

Not quite.. I still (unfortunately) live in the People's Republic of NJ so many toys are not allowed here.. when I move to TX that'll be a different story.  ;D

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2011, 11:53:04 AM »
I own a .45 Kimber Crimson Ultra Carry II, a .380 Sig P238, a Mossburg 12 gauge. I have a rifle but it was given to me by my father...don't know who the manufacturer is...it's his 30 odd 6 from his youth. I primarily carry my .45. I have a couple tuckable holsters that allows me to conceal even when I'm in a suit and tie for work. The Sig .380 is pretty sweet also. I'd like to trade it in though towards that new 9 mm Kimber Solo.
 Would really like to obtain a Glock or FNP .45 due to thier 'toughness' for when I camp/hike/hunt because I get nervouse carrying around a $1100 gun that I could potentially drop in mud/sand/water. 
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline PraXis

« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2011, 04:14:39 PM »
I own a .45 Kimber Crimson Ultra Carry II, a .380 Sig P238, a Mossburg 12 gauge. I have a rifle but it was given to me by my father...don't know who the manufacturer is...it's his 30 odd 6 from his youth. I primarily carry my .45. I have a couple tuckable holsters that allows me to conceal even when I'm in a suit and tie for work. The Sig .380 is pretty sweet also. I'd like to trade it in though towards that new 9 mm Kimber Solo.
 Would really like to obtain a Glock or FNP .45 due to thier 'toughness' for when I camp/hike/hunt because I get nervouse carrying around a $1100 gun that I could potentially drop in mud/sand/water. 

You can't go wrong with a Glock. :)

I just got back from my vacation and part of it was spent at a gun range in Kentucky. I got to fire a sweeeet HK USP in .40... it's probably a better pistol than the G23, but it's almost double the price.