Author Topic: Random clicks on songs  (Read 6759 times)

Offline petrucci07

Re: Random clicks on songs
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2011, 07:07:09 AM »
Ok, I definitely hear what you mean now on the studio track. My instincts say it's guitar strum noise, but it sounds a little off time to be that, and I can't find it yet on the guitar stem.

Me neither. I reckon it's MP sitting down at the kit to begin his take and closing the hi-hat as he does so (as a lot of drummers do), and the engineer just forgot to remove it from the album. That would explain why it's not in the stems.

EDIT: Also, good to see you back Blob.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2011, 07:12:28 AM »

Since every other track is literally silence, my only other thought was that it was some funky fluke of combining the guitar and vocal waveforms, but that's not it either.

So all I can think of is that you're right that they left something in. It's weird that they would notice and take it out for the stem though.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline petrucci07

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2011, 07:47:17 AM »

Since every other track is literally silence, my only other thought was that it was some funky fluke of combining the guitar and vocal waveforms, but that's not it either.

So all I can think of is that you're right that they left something in. It's weird that they would notice and take it out for the stem though.

It is indeed.

Offline olliemedsy

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2011, 11:11:38 PM »
also, i noticed, if you listen to the drums stem for ANTR, during the fill before the blast beat, you can hear MP hitting his sticks together or hitting the rims of the drums by accident or something. also, this slightly irrelevant, but the instrumental version of TBOT has an extra section at the end.    :yarr

Offline DJay32

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2011, 01:15:33 AM »
"Fatal Tragedy," 0:36. I heard that loud and clear on my first listen, and I have heard it loud and clear ever since. It's not even a "click;" it sounds like the audio skipping. I thought it was just my copy, looked it up on YouTube, same click at exactly 0:36.

I'm sure other people hear that. Is it just a fluke, or does anyone have any theories, or what?

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2011, 01:19:30 AM »
I just listened to my copy of FT at :36 twice and heard nothing strange in the slightest.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2011, 01:26:00 AM »
Fine on my copy. I would say it was just your copy, but if it exists on a Youtube version too, maybe there was a bad pressing? Sounds too coincidental for two copies to randomly have a skip in the same spot without a reason.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Adami

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2011, 01:30:45 AM »
Just checked a Youtube version and heard it there. But it's still not on my copy.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline FretMuppet

• DAIM that looks good!
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2011, 02:27:53 AM »
Its on mine too, I always wondered if it was just a bad CD rip or something lol

Offline jerome snail

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2011, 03:18:37 AM »
Its on mine too, I always wondered if it was just a bad CD rip or something lol
I think it is.

Offline Psy

« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2011, 05:21:21 AM »
It's bit odd, if it is a bad CD rip, that it would have the exact same skipping noise at the exact same time for everybody who has ripped the CD.

Offline olliemedsy

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2011, 06:11:01 AM »
oh mine does that.  i think i've noticed it before but never really thought about it

Offline jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ille qui nos omnes servabit
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2011, 06:22:04 AM »
Yeah mine does it too.

Offline Knguro

« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2011, 06:26:17 PM »
ohhh shit now i can hear it, i really hope is the youtube QA, but if is not i can hardly imagine how can this be possible 1. been recordered right straight into the mixer. 2. not been detected by the person who actually made the mix. 3.Mastering, holly shit who the fuck wouldnt notice that!. I mean is not that bothers me but is just that it surprised me! can someone explain how could it went through those filters? adami? or someone else that knows about this?
...Here before me is my soul, I'm learning to live...
And your English is just fine. :tup

Offline Adami

« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2011, 06:37:01 PM »
ohhh shit now i can hear it, i really hope is the youtube QA, but if is not i can hardly imagine how can this be possible 1. been recordered right straight into the mixer. 2. not been detected by the person who actually made the mix. 3.Mastering, holly shit who the fuck wouldnt notice that!. I mean is not that bothers me but is just that it surprised me! can someone explain how could it went through those filters? adami? or someone else that knows about this?

It's not on my copy, which would prove that it's not on the mix. It's most likely a pressing problem. Every single copy without exception would need to have that glitch for it to have been done in the mixing/mastering phases.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2011, 06:55:47 PM »
YAY! For once something of mine isn't fucked up!

Offline Knguro

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2011, 06:58:20 PM »

It's not on my copy, which would prove that it's not on the mix. It's most likely a pressing problem. Every single copy without exception would need to have that glitch for it to have been done in the mixing/mastering phases.

exaclty that´s why i couldnt understand how it could´ve been possible, thnks adami!
...Here before me is my soul, I'm learning to live...
And your English is just fine. :tup

Offline Setebos

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2011, 07:38:36 PM »
Couldn't hear anything wrong with my normal speakers but now, listening through headphones, I can hear the click on OTBOA as well (nothing on FT though - thank god, I love that song ;D).

The click certainly isn't pretty, but still... could be worse (on the most recent Blind Guardian record for instance, one of the songs features a high pitched beeping noise which lasts for about 40 seconds  - THAT is annoying  :lol)

Offline Yazman

« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2011, 11:18:35 PM »
Am I the only one who thought the topic title said "Random dicks on songs" and was like "WTF?"

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2011, 11:57:54 PM »
Am I the only one who thought the topic title said "Random dicks on songs" and was like "WTF?"

Yes

Offline olliemedsy

« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2011, 06:47:39 AM »

'fraid so :loser:

Offline caiogjj

« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2011, 06:04:52 PM »
I found another strange click in OTBOA, this time higher in pitch and lower in volume. It is around 2:43 in the song, "while heroes carry your weight". Left side of the stereo field. Can't be unheard...

Offline petrucci07

« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2011, 06:03:42 AM »
I found another strange click in OTBOA, this time higher in pitch and lower in volume. It is around 2:43 in the song, "while heroes carry your weight". Left side of the stereo field. Can't be unheard...

Can't hear anything.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2011, 06:15:25 AM »
"Fatal Tragedy," 0:36. I heard that loud and clear on my first listen, and I have heard it loud and clear ever since. It's not even a "click;" it sounds like the audio skipping. I thought it was just my copy, looked it up on YouTube, same click at exactly 0:36.

I'm sure other people hear that. Is it just a fluke, or does anyone have any theories, or what?

I have that too.  It's a very loud skip.  I've actually never noticed that before.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline MetropolisxPt1

« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2011, 07:29:57 AM »

Can't hear anything.
same