Author Topic: Special uses for Dream Theater songs?  (Read 4762 times)

Offline Metropolis Pt. II

• DT.net Member
  • Let's roll!
Re: Special uses for Dream Theater songs?
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2011, 04:48:32 PM »
I used to listen to TDEN on the way to my old job because I hated working there, and the song got me pumped. I would roll into the parking lot by the time Jordan's outro riff kicked in.

Offline DJay32

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2011, 08:35:45 PM »
I find that Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence can cure cancer, give poor people money, and kill terrorists. Hell, the last time I listened to it, Rupert Murdoch was put on trial!

In all seriousness, I like to write to Octavarium. And Falling into Infinity. Most other albums are way too distracting.

Offline wammabe

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2011, 08:38:24 PM »
I listen to Constant Motion while I play with myself. The reason I do so is kinda self explanatory.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2011, 09:17:03 PM »
I listen to Constant Motion while I play with myself. The reason I do so is kinda self explanatory.
:\

God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline GavinMangini89

• BEES!!!!!
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2011, 10:01:18 PM »

Haha. Gross.
Man seeks a good time, but he is not a hedonist! He seeks love, he just doesnt know where to look. He looks under the beds of whores and in the hot stem of a crack pipe. But he should look to nature; gentle aquatic mammals have all the answers!

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2011, 10:04:03 PM »
I listen to Regression while regressing.

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
  • :)
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2011, 10:09:15 PM »
6:00 – not that big a fan of the song in general, but it serves as a great alarm clock. 

???  If you like being jarred out of your sleep by a drum beat, then, yeah, I guess that would do the trick.  Whatever floats your boat, man.  I prefer the mellow opening of Pink Floyd's Momentary Lapse Of Reason album myself.

:lol I know what you mean.  Myself, mellow songs make me feel like going back to sleep when I try to use them as alarms.  I'm not a morning person; I need something to kick me awake. 
Same, I use Angel of Death as my alarm clock when I need to wake up early :p

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2011, 10:20:17 PM »

By playing by yourself, do you mean taking action figures and having them fight your shlong?  Or do you mean jerkin' it?

Because I do the former to CM all the time.

I prefer to do the latter to Erotomania.  :neverusethis: