Author Topic: My one-man-band-thing. Opinions please!  (Read 930 times)

Offline Edergilmour

• no alarms and no surprises, please.
My one-man-band-thing. Opinions please!
« on: July 18, 2011, 12:53:46 PM »
So I had so many bad experiences with bands that I decided I should do everything by myself. (Anyone familiar with this? haha)
I've been recording some songs I wrote some time ago and I wanna know what is the perception of other people that aren't friends or parents (cause you know they can't make a impartial statement).
So if anyone is up to this task, I'd really appreciate it.  :)
Also, I decided to choose the most unlikely and kind of idiotic band name I found, so I present you two compositions from "Silence the Owl Cloud". The lyrics are all written but I couldn't track the vocals yet.

https://www.4shared.com/audio/_KmlYRuY/Silence_the_Owl_Cloud_-_Maps_a.html
This one is called "Maps and Compasses" and it's mostly inspired by DT (of course) and Muse.

https://www.4shared.com/audio/_qVJaW61/STOL_-_FL__newmix_.html?
This is "Driftwood"; a ballad with obvious influences of James Labrie's solo stuff and also some arrangement influences from alternative rock.

So what do you think?

:corn

Offline Unimatrix

• The lurking clown
  • They float...
Re: My one-man-band-thing. Opinions please!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 10:57:35 PM »
Both cool, I like the first one better because.. well, because the other one is a ballad  :lol

Somehow the drum sound stood out to me in a positive way. Did you record real drums or use VSTi?

Offline Edergilmour

• no alarms and no surprises, please.
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 03:00:34 PM »
Both cool, I like the first one better because.. well, because the other one is a ballad  :lol

Somehow the drum sound stood out to me in a positive way. Did you record real drums or use VSTi?

I made the drums on a VSTi called "Superior Drummer". The option that I have to record the drums myself, doesn't get me not even half of the audio quality heard in this recording. Thanks for the post"

Offline Unimatrix

• The lurking clown
  • They float...
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 06:56:31 PM »
Yeah, nothing wrong in using VSTi when you know how to do it right and get a good sound out of it, which you do!  ;)