Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS*  (Read 296785 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS*
« Reply #3465 on: May 26, 2016, 06:16:32 AM »
I agree.  It's pretty much the worst idea in the history of ideas.

A co-worker theorized that Zach Snyder is behind it, to make BvS look better.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #3466 on: June 14, 2016, 08:04:24 AM »
8 episoded into season 1 of Daredevil and I'm loving this show! Keeps getting better and better. One of the best shows on right now.

Offline Cable

« Reply #3467 on: June 14, 2016, 07:08:26 PM »
Not movie related.

So apparently Marvel comics decided it was due time to make the worst decision possible and revealed that Steve Rogers is an agent of hydra. Worse? They're claiming he always has been. No brainwashing, cloning, alt universes, or mind control. Just awful creative decisions. Sorry, had to vent a little.

I'm sure the two Jewish guys that created him during WWII had always intended him to be a white supremacist.

I don't even follow the comics outside of observing X-men's universe from a far, and this is a what the heck moment. I wonder how this will be retconned/alternate universe explained?
---

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3468 on: June 15, 2016, 01:03:22 PM »
Saw Deadpool last night.  Didn't care for it.  It definitely had some funny/fun moments.  But as a whole, it just feel really flat for me.  And while I had no illusions of it being like a G-rated movie, the vulgarity and objectionable content were WAY over the top.  Glad I didn't waste time and money going to see this in theaters.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3469 on: June 15, 2016, 01:56:54 PM »
Well, "way over the top" is an accurate description of what Deadpool is from the comics.  It was an accurate adaptation.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3470 on: June 15, 2016, 01:59:09 PM »
Well, "way over the top" is an accurate description of what Deadpool is from the comics.  It was an accurate adaptation.

Indeed, still doesn't mean it's for everyone. Deadpool (the movie) definitely didn't try to hide what it it was. Still though, it's not a movie for everyone.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3471 on: June 15, 2016, 02:14:02 PM »
Certainly.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3472 on: June 21, 2016, 05:19:09 PM »
Just want to take a second to say that the MCU has not had a string of "weak" villains.  IMO, they have all been pretty satisfying.  To me, Ultron feel just a little flat simply because he should have been a bit more ubiquitous and invincible than he ended up being.  But that is super hard to portray in a movie anyway, so I try not to let it bother me.  But in any case, I'm tired of reading everywhere how bad the MCU villains other than Loki were.  *yawn*
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Adami

« Reply #3473 on: June 21, 2016, 05:56:47 PM »
Just want to take a second to say that the MCU has not had a string of "weak" villains.  IMO, they have all been pretty satisfying.  To me, Ultron feel just a little flat simply because he should have been a bit more ubiquitous and invincible than he ended up being.  But that is super hard to portray in a movie anyway, so I try not to let it bother me.  But in any case, I'm tired of reading everywhere how bad the MCU villains other than Loki were.  *yawn*

It gets overgeneralized for sure. Mostly because, in these movies, the hero is just so much more interesting.

Villains life Jeff Bridges from Iron Man, Rourke and Rockwell from Iron Man II, Red Skull, Rob Redford, Ultron and such were fine. Not brilliant, but i liked them, even if their movies weren't quite great.

However, villains like the dark elf or whatever from Thor II or Guy Pearce from Iron Man III were just really rough. I'd say the Maliketh was the low point of villains. Guy Pearce had a ton of potential, but the ending ruined his character, dude was essentially a dragon.

I also think one problem is that the heroes are (generally) multi-layered and their motivations are made very clear. The villains, often, get no clear motivation or depth and are just "I'm a bad guy who does bad things for bad reasons". Which tends to stick out when compared to the heroes or even to previous villains established by The Joker, Magneto, Green Goblin, Dr. Octopus, General Stryker (not from Origins) and even Loki. A good villain is one you understand, one whose motivations are clear and one who has interesting facets. Many times in Marvel movies, the bad guy is simply a narrative tool to give the good guys someone to stop.

I say this all as a Marvel fanboy.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 06:02:58 PM by Adami »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3474 on: June 21, 2016, 06:50:53 PM »
But IMO, every single one of the MCU villains had a LOT more going on than "I'm a bad guy who does bad things for bad reasons," including the ones you singled out as not very good. 

Stane (Iron Man) wanted to continue building his own private empire, and turned on Tony when Tony made it clear that Stark Enterprises could not longer be manipulated as his front.  Not bad.  Very "real." 

Blonsky/Abomination (Hulk) was a bit power hungry and was driven insane by the serum.  Again, not bad.  Typical villain stuff.  Probably my least favorite villain, but he was still fun to watch.  And, really, the main conflict in the movie was not so much any "villain" as Banner trying to deal with himself and the government not understanding and hunting him.  It wasn't really a villain-driven movie.

Vanko and Hammer (Iron Man 2):  Motivated by revenge and jealousy toward Stark.  I found both of these motives to be well-developed and credible.  Solid villains.

Loki (Thor):  Excellent villain.  His motives are a bit complex, and to this day, we aren't entirely sure of what he wants because he is playing it somewhat close to the vest.  But it stems from him wanting to rule Asgard, whether because he is jealous of Thor as the heir-apparent, or because he is half Frost Giant, or because his childhood was a lie, or because whatever.  The Frost Giants also bear mentioning as well.  Their motives simply boil down to age-old feuding with Asgard, and being put down and (in their view) oppressed.  Even though it isn't explored that deeply, it doesn't need to be because (1) we can identify with that, and (2) they are really the second-tier villains behind Loki anyway, so we don't care.

Red Skull (Cap):  Just a fanatic.  He wanted power, for himself and for Hydra.  Given the context of the movie where he was essentially a Nazi who was more extreme than the Nazis, and the context later established for Hydra in the MCU in general, this worked even though in all actuality, he was not very deep.  Solid villain.

The Avengers:  Back to Loki.  Awesome.  He plays it like he wants to rule earth.  But he plays it so well that we don't even really care whether there is some deeper motive.  And, of course, there is.  Anyone paying close attention to the big picture knows that what he REALLY wants is to rule Asgard.  And his motives make sense.  And he is so cool that, again, we don't care. 

Killian (Iron Man 3):  Pretty cool.  He wanted power because he was a creative mind that could come up with a way to grant himself that power, and Tony spurning him ended up twisting that in a very sinister way.  He absolutely worked as the villain for me.  And I for one loved the Mandarin plot twist.  Who we thought was the Mandarin was sinister and fearsome.  The fact that that specific individual ended up being a bumbling, toothless fool does not diminish that, for me.  It makes the one who orchestrated it all appear sinister and fearsome, albeit in a different way.  I think this was very well done.  And the fact that the real Mandarin is apparently out there kind of makes me a bit giddy.

Malekith (Thor 2):  Similar to the Frost Giants.  But add in the fact that the Dark Elves really were all about unleashing the aether since day 1.  I mean, we don't know why, but it sort of takes on an air of them sort of being an aether death cult of sorts.  Kind of hard to relate to, but not completely.  That was their thing.  I dunno.  He isn't all that deep, but I have no problem with Malekith either.  I didn't really need him to be any more than he was for the movie to work for me.

Pierce, Winter Soldier, Crossbones:  Hydra.  Politics.  Power.  Works for me.

Ronin (GotG):  I thought he was pretty cool.  Yeah, he could have been fleshed out a bit more and made better.  It kinda feels like he would have been the easiest to give a bit more development to, which makes it kind of feel like Marvel dropped the ball on him a bit.  But he was still pretty fearsome, and his motives weren't really that difficult to understand:  He is a fanatic and a rebel/freedom fighter/terrorist leader/whatever.  Not to mention, he is prideful, and resents being Thanos' minion, so it is easy to understand why he embraces wholeheartedly the power of the orb when he has an opportunity to seize it.  He absolutely worked for me.  Where I do feel like Marvel actually sold a villain short in this film was Thanos.  But I know Marvel is playing it a bit close to the vest with him, and there will (hopefully) be a lot more fleshing out of his character later, so I can forgive that.

Ultron (Avengers 2):  He was cool.  I felt he should have been more, but he was cool.

Cross/Yellowjacket (Ant Man):  Pretty much Stane 2.  And I'm fine with that.

Zemo (Civil War):  His character development took a back seat to the main conflict in the film, which is a bit odd, since he orchestrated the entire thing.  And that's fine.  It worked.  He actually had a pretty complex background and set of motives, and even though we were only given a glimpse of it all, there was more than enough there to make it all work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I dunno, I could nitpick any of these to death.  But in lining them up, it's a pretty impressive slate overall if you ask me.  Some are definitely more developed or more relatable than others.  But the ones that feel like sort of B-grade villains are still not bad.  And the ones that I feel added a lot are a pretty sizable majority.  And, yes, I am a bit of a fanboy as well.  But that doesn't mean I'm wrong.  :biggrin:

EDIT:  And I can't believe I actually took the time to do that.  :lol
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 07:08:53 PM by bosk1 »

Offline Adami

« Reply #3475 on: June 21, 2016, 06:55:53 PM »
I agree with a lot of that. You definitely didn't need to write about most of those since I have no issues with them haha.

However, it seems even you have a hard time defending Malekith other than saying he works for you.

I also have a huge problem with Ronin, but that may be because I'm comparing him to his comic book counterpart who actually would have had a well though out motivation for doing what he did, other than "they are enemies and they will all die", which is essentially all we got in the movie.

I mean, it's not black and white. It's not like these guys gave NO reason for anything. But for some of them, the reasons are just so flimsy that I can't consider them well written characters.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3476 on: June 21, 2016, 07:04:55 PM »
I agree with a lot of that. You definitely didn't need to write about most of those since I have no issues with them haha.

Yeah, but I'm somewhat of a completest.  :biggrin:  And also, I'm a bit bored and needed something to do because nobody will address my post about The Shallows.  :(

However, it seems even you have a hard time defending Malekith other than saying he works for you.
Well, he isn't the most relatable, but that doesn't mean his motives weren't believable.  I could believe the character, even though I couldn't really relate.  I guess that's what I'm trying to say.  And I will concede that he is perhaps the least developed of all the Marvel villains (and if we want to use the term "worst" Marvel villain, okay, that's fine).  But I still wouldn't say that he is a bad (in terms of quality; not morality, obviously) villain.  I mean, really, is, say, Ra's al Ghul in Batman Begins that much different in terms of his motivation?  Yeah, it gets fleshed out more.  But it is really much more substantive at the end of the day?  I'm not so sure it is.

I also have a huge problem with Ronin, but that may be because I'm comparing him to his comic book counterpart who actually would have had a well though out motivation for doing what he did, other than "they are enemies and they will all die", which is essentially all we got in the movie. 

Yeah, I get that.  I didn't have any prior knowledge of him from the comics, so I didn't have that hurdle to overcome.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 07:10:35 PM by bosk1 »

Offline Adami

« Reply #3477 on: June 21, 2016, 07:12:54 PM »
Ra's had more development. We got to know him as a man, we saw him train Bruce and began to feel some sense of empathy for him. Maliketh........nothing. He was just a dude that wanted to kill everyone.

Ra's also just wanted to take down a single city, he would be fine (theoretically). Maliketh wanted all of existence destroyed, which would destroy all of him and his people too, so I just didn't buy any of it. Maybe if he got some screen time and lines that were dedicated to anything other than killing everyone.

I'd also like to point out that this definitely isn't just an issue with Marvel movies. Bane was a pretty worthless villain as well, as were quite a few others. Not even to mention the atrocity that was Lex Luthor and Doomsday.

It's also not just the movies. Marvel comics villains are traditionally simply bad guys doing bad things for bad reasons. There have been a lot of notable exceptions, but it's the most common type of villain.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3478 on: June 21, 2016, 07:18:16 PM »
Ra's had more development. We got to know him as a man, we saw him train Bruce and began to feel some sense of empathy for him.

Ra's also just wanted to take down a single city, he would be fine (theoretically).

Nah, he was basically Sean Connery in The Highlander.

Wait...I don't think I helped my case here.  Lemme re-think this one.  :justjen

Offline Adami

« Reply #3479 on: June 21, 2016, 08:55:57 PM »
If you're suggesting that all Marvel villains should be played by Sean Connery............I'll agree.

If you're suggesting that all Marvel and DC and any other comic book movie villains should be played by Sean Connery.........I will agree more than humanly possible.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #3480 on: June 21, 2016, 11:19:02 PM »
hey bosk.............saw Shallows tonite.................... let me say I don't get freaked by much. but WOW. and per your previous comments on sharks........... lol. lets say intense.

will not get a lot of praise but a solid movie. I loved it
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 11:29:07 PM by The Trooper »

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3481 on: June 22, 2016, 12:09:55 AM »
Malekith's plan succeeding wouldn't mean the death of his own people. He wanted to return the universe to a state of constant darkness, which is how the dark elves lived to begin with.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3482 on: June 22, 2016, 06:46:08 AM »
I agree with the common perception that the villains aren't normally all that interesting in the Marvel films.  They are just antagonists for the heroes to fight.  They generally have cast fantastic actors in those roles, which helps tremendously; I think the weakness in development and motivation would come across more sharply in the hands of lesser thespians.

The obvious exception is Tom Hiddleston's Loki, who is beyond reproach.

IMO, other than Loki, the best Marvel villains BY FAR have been on TV: Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk and David Tennant as Kilgrave.

BTW, tons of cast additions on Spider-Man: Homecoming, which has now started filming.  None more exciting for me than 15 year old Abraham Attah, who IMO should have been nominated for an award for his role in Beasts of No Nation

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3483 on: June 22, 2016, 08:45:08 AM »
Yeah, as fun as Loki is to watch, Kilgrave is my favorite villain so far.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3484 on: June 27, 2016, 04:42:43 PM »
I'm not really seeing what is so great about the Punisher so far.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #3485 on: June 27, 2016, 04:56:51 PM »
I finally saw Deadpool. Very enjoyable but some of it was a bit much. Not in terms of profanity, gore, sexuality, etc. It just felt a bit "forced", I suppose is the word. Not all of it, some of the 4th wall breaking was great and it actually had some of my favorite action scenes out of any Marvel films (that was perhaps my favorite part of the movie actually), but the whole shtick of Deadpool was beaten over my  head so much that by the end it was kind of lost on me. Which isn't to say I disliked it, but instead of being a positive, it was just there; it was just kind of this thing they did with no purpose and instead was just "we're doing this because it's what Deadpool does". If that makes sense. Anyway, I really enjoyed it, but I wasn't masturbating over it like a lot of fans. I also didn't think the babyhand joke was anything at all. Stuff like that is just too damn easy. Like if I was in middle school that would have cracked me up to bits but now the second I saw that thing I knew it was coming (and I hadn't read about all the people going nuts over it till after I saw the movie, by the bye).

Bosk, it's not so much that he's "that great", it's that he's given some sort of semblance of personality to a character that before this was all but a cardboard cutout and symbol of nothing but "angry badass kills people because EMOTIONS  >:( ". No, he's not going to get any awards for his performance and it wasn't riveting, but it's something. At least I saw something. If they expand upon the little diversity we saw in his character throughout the entirety of DDS2, I can see the character being something special (which...if you're just starting or haven't finished it, he does start out as just another iteration that's nothing more than a husk of killing intent, it takes a while to see anything else...probably halfway through S2 or more). But no, if you're expecting some kind of amazing performance, you're going to be disappointed. It's fuckin' John Bernthal. The dude has less range in acting than the dramatic gofer....or whatever the hell that animal is in the gif. But he did well considering The Punisher in the past was even less well acted and with even less range.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3486 on: June 27, 2016, 05:03:03 PM »
I only just finished ep. 2, so I will take your word for it that it gets better. 

Offline Adami

« Reply #3487 on: June 27, 2016, 06:21:21 PM »
I only just finished ep. 2, so I will take your word for it that it gets better.

Oh yes. He does. That's still really early.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Adami

« Reply #3488 on: June 27, 2016, 06:24:34 PM »
I finally saw Deadpool. Very enjoyable but some of it was a bit much. Not in terms of profanity, gore, sexuality, etc. It just felt a bit "forced", I suppose is the word. Not all of it, some of the 4th wall breaking was great and it actually had some of my favorite action scenes out of any Marvel films (that was perhaps my favorite part of the movie actually), but the whole shtick of Deadpool was beaten over my  head so much that by the end it was kind of lost on me. Which isn't to say I disliked it, but instead of being a positive, it was just there; it was just kind of this thing they did with no purpose and instead was just "we're doing this because it's what Deadpool does". If that makes sense. Anyway, I really enjoyed it, but I wasn't masturbating over it like a lot of fans. I also didn't think the babyhand joke was anything at all. Stuff like that is just too damn easy. Like if I was in middle school that would have cracked me up to bits but now the second I saw that thing I knew it was coming (and I hadn't read about all the people going nuts over it till after I saw the movie, by the bye).

Heh, I think compared to what goes in your head, Deadpool was a G rated Disney movie from 1940.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #3489 on: June 28, 2016, 01:40:33 AM »
 :police: :-*

RIP DTP.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3490 on: June 28, 2016, 07:07:36 AM »

Oh yes. He does. That's still really early.
Much better. 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3491 on: July 05, 2016, 08:32:29 AM »
I'm going to have to go back and watch ep. 3 again.  I tried watching it the other night and kept falling asleep.  That isn't a knock on the episode at all.  I was just exhausted.  There was definitely a lot of cool stuff going on, but I just couldn't get the flow of the entire thing.  Have to revisit it.

Offline Adami

« Reply #3492 on: July 21, 2016, 10:36:08 PM »
Anyone see the trailer for Luke Cage and the teaser for Iron Fist and the even smaller teaser for Defenders?

Look pretty cool if I must say. I think they might really nail the tone in Luke Cage.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #3493 on: July 22, 2016, 02:16:56 AM »
Yep, and Daredevil season 3 confirmed as well. So we' ll have Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Daredevil and the Defenders in 2017. Pretty cool.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Adami

« Reply #3494 on: July 22, 2016, 02:20:25 AM »
Yep, and Daredevil season 3 confirmed as well. So we' ll have Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Daredevil and the Defenders in 2017. Pretty cool.

Well, we'll have Luke Cage this year. Netflix said they'll stick to two shows a year, so I dunno which ones we'll get next year. I assume Iron Fist and Defenders. Might have to wait till 2018 for DD3 and JJ2.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #3495 on: July 23, 2016, 08:23:50 PM »
BREAKING

Guardians of the Galaxy - MISSION: BREAKOUT will replace The Twilight Zone - The Tower of Terror attraction at Disney California Adventure park.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/07/guardians-of-the-galaxy-mission-breakout-coming-to-disney-california-adventure-park-summer-2017/

Today at San Diego Comic-Con, Kevin Feige, President of Marvel Studios, announced to a packed house of fans that the Guardians of the Galaxy are coming to Disney California Adventure park!

Beginning in summer 2017, the outrageous and irreverent gang will appear in Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! – a comically high-energy, rocking new adventure. Guests will be right in the mix with characters from the blockbuster “Guardians of the Galaxy” films.

Deep inside his fortress-like collection, the mysterious Taneleer Tivan (aka The Collector) is displaying his newest acquisitions, the Guardians of the Galaxy. They are trapped in customized display cases, suspended over a vast abyss. Unbeknownst to their unscrupulous captor, the intrepid Rocket has escaped and is enlisting the Collector’s VIP guests for help. Guests board a gantry lift, which launches them into a chaotic and hilarious adventure as they join Rocket in an attempt to break his fellow Guardians out of captivity.

The new attraction will anchor a broader universe of Super Heroes that will grow over time at Disney California Adventure park. This exciting new presence will transform the structure currently housing The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ (scheduled to close in early 2017) into an epic new adventure, enhancing the breathtaking free fall sensation with all-new visual and audio effects to create a variety of ride experiences. Guests will experience multiple random, unique ride profiles in which the rise and fall of the gantry lift will rock to the beat of music inspired by the film’s popular soundtrack.

Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! opens summer 2017 at Disney California Adventure park. Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog as we’ll bring you more details as the attraction develops as well as opportunities to celebrate The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ before it closes in early 2017.

Click the link to watch the video of legendary Disney Imagineer Joe Rhode talk about the new ride coming next summer with concept art.

As a big Disney parks fan, I'm not sure how I feel about this. The Tower of Terror is one of the best themes attractions is the park....the ride system in Disney California Adventure is slightly different than the original one in Disney's Hollywood Studios. Don't worry about this going to the one in Florida...it's UNIVERSALly impossible at the moment to put anything Marvel in those parks no thanks to the already established Marvel attractions at Universal Studios Orlando

Offline Adami

« Reply #3496 on: July 23, 2016, 10:06:59 PM »
Brie Larson confirmed for Cap. Marvel.
New trailer for Dr. Strange. A little over the top for me, but cool.
Kurt Russell is playing a planet....

Plus lots of new logos and other stuff I'm probably forgetting.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3497 on: July 24, 2016, 10:19:57 AM »
Doctor Strange looks GREAT.

I'm a big fan of Benedict so i'll go see that for sure.

Offline Adami

« Reply #3498 on: July 24, 2016, 12:41:15 PM »
Doctor Strange looks GREAT.

I'm a big fan of Benedict so i'll go see that for sure.

Just watched it again, and you're right. It looks great. Hoping the story is as creative and good as some of those visuals.

I remember when I first heard of Cumberbatch playing Strange and not digging the idea at all. Well, now I'm totally sold.

However, part of me will always think of 80's era Tom Skerritt as Dr. Strange.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #3499 on: July 24, 2016, 02:16:58 PM »
Yeah that was one kick ass trailer. Perfect amount of reveals too without being skimping or showing too much. Marvel has really nailed down the perfect trailer format. Excited to see Mads as well.

RIP DTP.