Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS*  (Read 296675 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: Marvel's Movie Universe *SPOILERS*
« Reply #1575 on: August 07, 2014, 08:20:02 AM »
:eyebrows:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #1576 on: August 07, 2014, 08:33:04 AM »
Well GotG confirms everyone's suspicions that Thanos is obviously after all 6 Infinity Stones and the Infinity Gauntlet.

Tesseract - Asguard
Aether - Collector
??? - Nova Prime
??? - ???
??? - ???
??? - ???

Are we going to start seeing new infinity stones like every movie before Avengers 3?  :lol
I was thinking about this and Loki's staff from Avengers probably had the Mind Gem/Stone.

And James Gunn said on Twitter that the stone in possesion of the Novas now is the Power Stone.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1577 on: August 07, 2014, 08:59:42 AM »
If Thanos wants these stones so badly, he's going about getting them in strange ways. He sends Loki, armed with the mind gem, who immediately gets the tesseract. Then instead of ordering the tesseract returned to himself immediately, he for some reason lets Loki keep it to invade earth. Which lead to him losing two of the stones in one failed mission, instead  of safely having both of them, which he totally could have.

You could say it's because Loki is supposed to be captured to get the Infinity Gauntlet on Asgard, but that is whole lot of unnesserary stuff being done to get Loki captured, if that theory is turns out to be true.

In Guardians he was more straight forward however, which made more sense, and it was awesome finally seeing and hearing Thanos properly. Guardians was a great movie. My favorite of the "Avengers series" so far, though I am still debating with myself whether to put it above or below Days of Future Past.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1578 on: August 07, 2014, 09:04:41 AM »
Oh, is the stone in Loki's staff a separate one?  I assumed it was just something he was using to further channel the tesseract's power.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #1579 on: August 07, 2014, 09:07:18 AM »
Yeah, it's a bit confusing.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #1580 on: August 07, 2014, 09:34:10 AM »
There's nothing for sure on that, but since he could control people with it, I'm now thinking it might've been the Mind Gem and not some Tesseract thing.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1581 on: August 07, 2014, 10:20:55 AM »
I thought it was powered by the tesseract too, but recently there has been so much discussion about the scepter stone being the mind gem that I eventually just sort of bought it. Speaking against that theory is of course that his scepter stone and the tesseract is the exact same color. Which of course makes it even more confusing, should it actually turn out to be the mind gem.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1582 on: August 07, 2014, 11:46:15 AM »
Well, the sceptre was seen again at the end credits scene in The Winter Soldier, helping to keep Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch imprisoned.  So I think it is definitely separate from the Tesseract.  In fact, Loki brought it with him and used it before recovering the Tesseract in The Avengers, so it is completely separate from the Tesseract, whether it is an Infinity Stone or not.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1583 on: August 07, 2014, 12:01:51 PM »
That seems like it is probably correct, but not necessarily.  I mean, if it is either an extension of the tesseract or is able to be powered or boosted by the tesseract, why would it necessarily have to be in close proximity to the tesseract for that to occur?  The tesseract was being manipulated from afar before Loki came to earth.  I thought that was perhaps being done through the stone in Loki's scepter because the two are somehow linked.  Obviously, I am just speculating, but the point is that we just don't know how these things are supposed to work.  I don't think any theory is off the table.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1584 on: August 07, 2014, 12:41:12 PM »
*shrugs*
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline TJPNET

« Reply #1585 on: August 07, 2014, 10:04:53 PM »
I read an article the other day, but now I can't seem to find it, where Kevin Feige (the guy in charge of the cinematic universe) says that the stone in Loki's staff is not an Infinity Gem. James Gunn confirmed the purple stone in Guardians is the Power Gem. The Tesseract is also confirmed to be the Space Gem (also in that article I can't find). The popular theory is that the Aether is the Reality Gem.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #1586 on: August 07, 2014, 10:07:17 PM »
I read an article the other day, but now I can't seem to find it, where Kevin Feige (the guy in charge of the cinematic universe) says that the stone in Loki's staff is not an Infinity Gem. James Gunn confirmed the purple stone in Guardians is the Power Gem. The Tesseract is also confirmed to be the Space Gem (also in that article I can't find). The popular theory is that the Aether is the Reality Gem.

Well, the Tesseract was always called the Cosmic Cube, right? So it would only make sense.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1587 on: August 25, 2014, 11:02:26 AM »
"Honest Trailers" does The Winter Solider:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvHyk2ESFCI  :lol

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #1588 on: August 27, 2014, 06:03:38 PM »

This is perhaps my favorite costume, despite the fact that I really don't like Renner's Hawkeye very much. But I think he looks pretty ballin' in that getup.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1589 on: August 27, 2014, 06:04:40 PM »
I just saw that. Glad he finally got a costume.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1590 on: September 24, 2014, 11:42:44 AM »
I thought this season's first episode of AoS was really good - anyone agree?

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1591 on: September 24, 2014, 02:20:51 PM »
Yeah. Entertaining stuff. Was planning on watching the season 2 premiere today but didn't have the time unfortunately.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1592 on: September 24, 2014, 02:22:52 PM »
Haven't caught it yet, it will likely have to wait until the weekend.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1593 on: September 24, 2014, 02:38:20 PM »
Ditto... though jingle.kids and I will be watching tonight.  Funny enough, jingle.daughter is the biggest fan in this house.  So, let's all agree to wait a few days before posting any spoilers.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Dream Team

Re: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS*
« Reply #1594 on: October 14, 2014, 07:23:23 AM »

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1595 on: October 14, 2014, 07:27:31 AM »
I guess.  I mean, I trust them, so we'll see how it plays out.

I guess I would rather them finish out the Infinity Gems storyline before introducing Civil War.  But maybe the Infinity Gems is the long play, not finishing up until years from now.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1596 on: October 14, 2014, 09:43:51 AM »
But maybe the Infinity Gems is the long play, not finishing up until years from now.

That would be my guess.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1597 on: October 14, 2014, 10:02:34 AM »
Also, my friend found an image on Marvel's official SDCC page when that was going down this summer, containing the titles and dates of release for the next 9 MCU movies. I didn't think much of it first, since no one ever mentioned it and there was absolutely no fuzz created. But more and more news that has come start to match it, from announcements of release dates to movie titles.

Are we two the only ones who saw this image? Anyone else here see it?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1598 on: October 14, 2014, 10:06:10 AM »
Also, my friend found an image on Marvel's official SDCC page when that was going down this summer, containing the titles and dates of release for the next 9 MCU movies. I didn't think much of it first, since no one ever mentioned it and there was absolutely no fuzz created. But more and more news that has come start to match it, from announcements of release dates to movie titles.

Are we two the only ones who saw this image? Anyone else here see it?
I saw it, but I thought it was quickly denounced.

If I'm not mistaken, it featured a new Thor film entitled Ragnarok, a third CA film titled Fallen Son, and the Avengers 3 was titled Civil War, along with Ant-Man, Dr. Strange, the Guardians sequel (don't remember the title), along with a new Hulk film (Indestructible Hulk?)

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1599 on: October 14, 2014, 10:15:56 AM »
Yeah, it was:

Ant-Man (july 17th, 2015), which is confirmed.
Captain America: The Fallen Son (may 6th, 2016), date later confirmed, and now the reports that the title is correct.
Doctor Strange (july 8, 2016), confirmed.
Thor: Ragnarok (may 5th, 2017), not confirmed yet.
Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings (july 28th, 2017), date later confirmed.
Black Panther (november 3rd, 2017), not confirmed.
Avengers: Civil War (july 6th, 2018), title makes a whole lot more sense after today's news.
World War Hulk (november 2nd, 2018), not confirmed.
Inhumans (may 3rd, 2019), not confirmed.

Not nearly this much was confirmed when I first saw the image.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1600 on: October 14, 2014, 10:50:18 AM »
I still think that was a preliminary thing.  For example, I doubt very seriously that we will have World War Hulk, amongst the Civil War and later a conflict with Thanos.

I also don't see how Black Panther fits in with any of that.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1601 on: October 14, 2014, 10:55:11 AM »

Eh, probably just a gratuitous crossover so that he doesn't have to stay limited to Agents of SHIELD.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1602 on: October 14, 2014, 11:01:06 AM »

Eh, probably just a gratuitous crossover so that he doesn't have to stay limited to Agents of SHIELD.
lol

BTW, I am really enjoying the second season thus far, and I'm looking forward to Agent Carter in the mid-season.

Offline chaossystem

• We're on to your agenda, the dead-end road to nowhere.
  • Chapters unfinished, fading
« Reply #1603 on: October 15, 2014, 04:01:26 PM »
Thanos was oririnally supposed to be the villain in the second "Avengers" movie.
 What happened with that?
I can't stop the world from turning around, or the pull of the moon on the tide, but I don't believe that we're in this alone, I believe we're along for the ride...

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1604 on: October 15, 2014, 04:15:04 PM »
Nobody ever said it was definitely supposed to be in the second Avengers movie.  If you have seen the Marvel movies, you know that he is in fact one of the key players trying to acquire the infinity stones, which is one of the major overarching storylines in the Marvel universe movies.  So I'm not sure what you mean by "What happened with that?"  That storyline is happening.  Not sure where your confusion comes from.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #1605 on: October 15, 2014, 04:32:51 PM »
I think most people assumed they would save Thanos for the third one, considering that storyline needs a lot of setting up. In other news, loads of talks about Captain America 3 being the Civil War story with Cap and Iron Man on opposing sides. I don't know how you could do that storyline without Spider-Man, but I would love to see it either way.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1606 on: October 15, 2014, 05:43:23 PM »
I think most people assumed they would save Thanos for the third one, considering that storyline needs a lot of setting up. In other news, loads of talks about Captain America 3 being the Civil War story with Cap and Iron Man on opposing sides. I don't know how you could do that storyline without Spider-Man, but I would love to see it either way.

There's still time. Maybe Sony will finally give in and agree to a deal. 50/50 is still a shit ton of money.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #1607 on: October 15, 2014, 05:51:24 PM »
There has been more and more rumors about Marvel buying back Spider-Man, or potentially "loaning" the character, so who knows. Sony as a company overall aren't doing too well, and while Spider-Man is their big cash cow, their own franchise has gotten flack from both critics and fans, and considering the situation I think something could happen.

Still, the figures we are talking if Marvel would buy him back, billions.. I don't see them spending that money. They could, but why would they? They're doing very well already and Spider-Man wouldn't add much. How many people who saw The Amazing Spider-Man 2, did not see The Avengers? It's still the same crowd, and while in the long run, Marvel's own Spider-Man saga would bring in loads of bucks, it would take them a while to turn it around.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1608 on: October 15, 2014, 07:08:35 PM »
Thanos was oririnally supposed to be the villain in the second "Avengers" movie.
 What happened with that?
No one ever said that.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1609 on: October 22, 2014, 08:21:50 PM »
jingle.son found Age of Ultron trailer:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x28g8nh_ap-tlr-1-int-360p_creation

Me excited.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion