Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS*  (Read 296214 times)

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Marvel's Movie Universe
« Reply #140 on: July 28, 2011, 10:11:05 PM »
Well timeline wise it works, because the first heroes in the Marvel Universe were The Human Torch and Namor, followed by Cap, so it makes sense. Ant-Man was a later character from the 60's with the rest of the Avengers and the return of Cap.

Yes, but it wasn't him, just his suit.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #141 on: July 28, 2011, 10:16:04 PM »
Fair enough. We shall see. Hopefully they'll expand on it and it won't just be a teaser, similar to Cap's shield in Iron Man. I'm sure once the blu-ray comes out, the commentary track will confirm and lay to rest the speculation.

Offline Adami

« Reply #142 on: July 28, 2011, 10:24:16 PM »
Fair enough. We shall see. Hopefully they'll expand on it and it won't just be a teaser, similar to Cap's shield in Iron Man. I'm sure once the blu-ray comes out, the commentary track will confirm and lay to rest the speculation.

Just so you know, if for some xenu knows reason it really IS the human torch and they confirm it.....I will assassinate everyone in this thread who would have knowledge of me being wrong, delete any reference to me being wrong and then probably have some ice cream or something, maybe americone dream.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #143 on: July 29, 2011, 01:05:05 AM »
I hadn't seen them before, so I saw both Iron Man and Iron Man 2 yesterday.

First was a good movie, but the second felt like a movie they made only for the money (obviously they make all movies for money), but it didn't really add much since before.
I do like Iron Man, but the fact that his personality is known throughout the world makes the movie very.. "American", and when I say that, I mean the whole exaggerated things like the award show in the beginning where thousands of people are shouting and such.
The action-scenes were cool, but there weren't many of them in the second, hopefully we'll see more of that in a third movie, or in Avengers.

Related to Super-heros, though not Marvel, I'm seeing Green Lantern on the cinema tonight.  :)

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #144 on: July 29, 2011, 01:22:14 AM »
I'm watching "The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" on Netflix right now. I'm not very far into it, but the writing is good. The guy voicing Stark/Iron Man channels Downy... almost a little too well. Just got to Fury's appearance and he seems, well, like Sam Jackson. I'm pleasantly surprised with this so far.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Adami

« Reply #145 on: July 29, 2011, 01:39:19 AM »
I'm watching "The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" on Netflix right now. I'm not very far into it, but the writing is good. The guy voicing Stark/Iron Man channels Downy... almost a little too well. Just got to Fury's appearance and he seems, well, like Sam Jackson. I'm pleasantly surprised with this so far.

Yea I finished it a while ago, really enjoyable. I think they really captured the characters well. Not sure about The Hulk since I know least about him. But the story lines were compelling and I liked that for the most part it was one major story, which is what I like most about the shows I like. I'm not huge on stand alone episodes.

But yea it's obviously written to be a counterpart for the upcoming avengers movie. With Loki being the main villain, the guy channeling Downey so perfectly, Sam Jackson pretty much as Fury and so forth.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #146 on: July 29, 2011, 01:42:02 AM »

Just so you know, if for some xenu knows reason it really IS the human torch and they confirm it.....I will assassinate everyone in this thread who would have knowledge of me being wrong, delete any reference to me being wrong and then probably have some ice cream or something, maybe americone dream.
It's the Torch.  It's not just a suit, it is the original android.  Phineas Horton's creation.  In an oxygen-free tank so he won't burst into flame.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Adami

« Reply #147 on: July 29, 2011, 01:47:54 AM »
Hefdaddy's on the list.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #148 on: July 29, 2011, 01:51:50 AM »

Yea I finished it a while ago, really enjoyable. I think they really captured the characters well. Not sure about The Hulk since I know least about him. But the story lines were compelling and I liked that for the most part it was one major story, which is what I like most about the shows I like. I'm not huge on stand alone episodes.

But yea it's obviously written to be a counterpart for the upcoming avengers movie. With Loki being the main villain, the guy channeling Downey so perfectly, Sam Jackson pretty much as Fury and so forth.
I'm on the second episode now, watching Thor in all his glory. So far, so good. I think I liked the frost giants better in the movie, though. Oh well - still good.

Offline Adami

« Reply #149 on: July 29, 2011, 01:58:53 AM »
Yea, the ones in the movie seemed a bit more.............real or something. I really like how the first 4 or 5 episodes are about the individual avengers as opposed to the group.

And while Wasp was a bit annoying, the show made me really like the Ant Man character and now I'm hoping he's in the movie (though he won't be).
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #150 on: July 29, 2011, 02:04:08 AM »
Hefdaddy's on the list.
I'm on lots of lists.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #151 on: July 29, 2011, 08:04:20 AM »
hefdaddy42 fact:  If there's a list, hefdaddy42 is probably on it.  Or has blessed it.

:hefnotoad:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #152 on: July 29, 2011, 10:16:03 AM »

Is that the cartoon show that airs on Disney Channel or something?  If it is then I watched it for a bit too on Fios on demand and yeah, it was pretty darn good.  My wife noticed me watching it alot and must have picked up on some things because when I was talking to her the other night about the Avengers movie and all the people who would be in it she was like "what about the chick that turns into a bug or whatever?"  I'll miss Ant-Man and Wasp in the movie.  :sadpanda:

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #153 on: August 03, 2011, 01:23:32 PM »
https://bluray.ign.com/articles/118/1185723p1.html

Sweet!

Also, now I know that The Incredible Hulk is suppose to be the last movie, chronologically speaking.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Adami

« Reply #154 on: August 03, 2011, 01:25:45 PM »

Sweet!

Also, now I know that The Incredible Hulk is suppose to be the last movie, chronologically speaking.

It is? Damnit!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #155 on: August 03, 2011, 06:31:52 PM »

Sweet!

Yeah it's confirmed, but I feel it's a bit of a stretch.  We see the Hulk wreckage at the end of Iron Man 2, which is the same time they first find Thor's hammer.  Thinking about it logically in that sense would have to make Thor the last film chronologically.

Also, while they say "The Consultant" takes place after The Hulk, they are talking about sending Tony Stark to meet the general, which takes place at the end of The Hulk.  So are we to believe that particular scene takes place far after the rest of the film?  It wasn't even post-credits.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #156 on: August 03, 2011, 06:33:50 PM »
Are you sure that wreckage footage wasn't of those Hammer droids?

Offline Adami

« Reply #157 on: August 03, 2011, 06:35:58 PM »
Personally I think they should have released the movies in chronological order.

First Captain America (without Red Skull, just being a origins story and some other bad guy)
Then Iron Man
Then Iron Man 2
Then Thor
Then The Incredible Hulk
Then Captain America 2 (this time about Red Skull with the ending of the actual film)
Then The Avengers
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #158 on: August 03, 2011, 06:41:17 PM »
Are you sure that wreckage footage wasn't of those Hammer droids?

I believe it's confirmed to be from the Hulk, but I could be wrong.  Anyone know for sure?

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #159 on: August 03, 2011, 06:53:45 PM »
I see it as too easy to just put them in an order. Obviously certain events are happening simultaneously.

Offline Adami

« Reply #160 on: August 03, 2011, 06:54:39 PM »
I see it as too easy to just put them in an order. Obviously certain events are happening simultaneously.

True, but Hulk coming 2nd right after the first Iron Man wasn't the best idea.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #161 on: August 04, 2011, 10:23:37 AM »

Sweet!

Yeah it's confirmed, but I feel it's a bit of a stretch.  We see the Hulk wreckage at the end of Iron Man 2, which is the same time they first find Thor's hammer.  Thinking about it logically in that sense would have to make Thor the last film chronologically.

Also, while they say "The Consultant" takes place after The Hulk, they are talking about sending Tony Stark to meet the general, which takes place at the end of The Hulk.  So are we to believe that particular scene takes place far after the rest of the film?  It wasn't even post-credits.
That scene where Tony Stark talks to Thunderbolt has to be after all of the events of the film took place.

And the way I see it, IM2, Thor and TIH take place almost simultaneously with the events of IM2 and Thor ending before the events of TIH.

What footage we see of Hulk in IM2 is when he's attack at the university, that's shown at the end of IM2, and in the post-credit of IM2 we see the fall of Mjolnir (and eventually Thor) to Earth. So in the time between that scene and when Hulk and Abomination are fighting through Harlem, Thor happens.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 10:28:53 AM by Dimitrius »
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #162 on: August 04, 2011, 10:59:34 AM »

True, but Hulk coming 2nd right after the first Iron Man wasn't the best idea.

For continuity sake perhaps, but with hundreds of millions of dollars in budget, marketing, as well as the interest of a high profile actor and director involved, not to mention the fact that the other films were only in their development infancy...I can forgive them.

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #163 on: August 04, 2011, 11:19:04 AM »

Sweet!

Yeah it's confirmed, but I feel it's a bit of a stretch.  We see the Hulk wreckage at the end of Iron Man 2, which is the same time they first find Thor's hammer.  Thinking about it logically in that sense would have to make Thor the last film chronologically.

Also, while they say "The Consultant" takes place after The Hulk, they are talking about sending Tony Stark to meet the general, which takes place at the end of The Hulk.  So are we to believe that particular scene takes place far after the rest of the film?  It wasn't even post-credits.

That scene where Tony Stark talks to Thunderbolt has to be after all of the events of the film took place.

What footage we see of Hulk in IM2 is when he's attack at the university, that's shown at the end of IM2, and in the post-credit of IM2 we see the fall of Mjolnir (and eventually Thor) to Earth. So in the time between that scene and when Hulk and Abomination are fighting through Harlem, Thor happens.

Ahh that makes more sense now.  If that's the case, then yeah, that confirms that the events of The Hulk, Thor, and Iron Man 2 are all overlapping to some degree. 

The only thing that's still bugging me is where "The Consultant" lies.  It's after the events of The Hulk, but before the last scene of The Hulk?  I haven't seen it in a while, but I don't remember anything on screen indicating that RDJ's scene in that movie took place that much after the events of the film, as it was still in the film's regular running time (should've been post-credits in my opinion, especially since that film had no post-credits scene).

Offline Adami

« Reply #164 on: August 04, 2011, 11:20:54 AM »
I doubt Ross jumped off the helicopter and ran to the nearest bar.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #165 on: August 04, 2011, 11:39:06 AM »
That. Some time has to have past between the events of the movie, this "The Consultant" short and RDJ talking to Ross.

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #166 on: August 04, 2011, 09:14:20 PM »

I don't know. Shit got pretty real. I might've :lol

Offline Adami

« Reply #167 on: August 04, 2011, 09:21:12 PM »

I don't know. Shit got pretty real. I might've :lol

Should have been a deleted scene.

"Screw this, give me a chute, I'll be at Smokey Steve's."
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #168 on: August 04, 2011, 11:15:19 PM »

Fair enough.  I haven't seen it recently enough to remember he was in the helicopter.  Still, I stand by the other things I said.  Should've been post-credits.

With Hulk and Thor taking place semi-simultaneously, it now makes more sense that Agent Coulson is absent from The Hulk.

Offline Adami

« Reply #169 on: August 05, 2011, 01:06:03 AM »

Fair enough.  I haven't seen it recently enough to remember he was in the helicopter.  Still, I stand by the other things I said.  Should've been post-credits.

With Hulk and Thor taking place semi-simultaneously, it now makes more sense that Agent Coulson is absent from The Hulk.

Oh I totally agree. I watched it recently and was ready to skip through the credits to catch the scene and was like "woah, this is pre-credits?"
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #170 on: August 05, 2011, 07:26:40 AM »
I also think that the final scene of Captain America was meant as a post-credits scene, but that they bumped it forward to make room for the Avengers teaser.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #171 on: August 05, 2011, 09:23:05 AM »
I also think that the final scene of Captain America was meant as a post-credits scene, but that they bumped it forward to make room for the Avengers teaser.
I doubt that. They showed at the beginning that they've found Captain America in modern times, so why would they wait post-credit for that?

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #172 on: August 05, 2011, 02:15:46 PM »
I doubt that. They showed at the beginning that they've found Captain America in modern times, so why would they wait post-credit for that?

Because it would be a good cliff-hanger ending.  You see that they found him in the wreckage, but don't know exactly what's going to happen next.  I just thought the Times Square scene felt like a post-credits stinger (complete with Nick Fury appearance).

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #173 on: August 09, 2011, 01:28:38 AM »
I'm glad I searched before starting a bitching thread about this. At least now it will only be a bitch post.
This royally suck because Spiderman and Dare Devil are not part of it. The Marvel "left overs" included here are all lamo ass super heros I would have to force myself to read their comic books when there were no more new Batman, Superman or Spiderman for the month.
Marvel is X-Men, Spiderman and Dare Devil for me. I don't care how cool Sam Jackson and Robert Downy Jr. are capable of making everything look, this whole thing is generally very weak imo.
The main reason this is upsetting is that for the first time in blockbuster superhero movies history we get presented with such awesome cross overs yet it's done through these leftover superheros.
They have great casts though to be honest.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #174 on: August 09, 2011, 01:58:30 AM »
I'm glad I searched before starting a bitching thread about this. At least now it will only be a bitch post.
This royally suck because Spiderman and Dare Devil are not part of it. The Marvel "left overs" included here are all lamo ass super heros I would have to force myself to read their comic books when there were no more new Batman, Superman or Spiderman for the month.
Marvel is X-Men, Spiderman and Dare Devil for me. I don't care how cool Sam Jackson and Robert Downy Jr. are capable of making everything look, this whole thing is generally very weak imo.
The main reason this is upsetting is that for the first time in blockbuster superhero movies history we get presented with such awesome cross overs yet it's done through these leftover superheros.
They have great casts though to be honest.
I wouldn't say it's weak just because you don't like it. I happen to like Iron Man, Cap, and Thor more than Spidey, Daredevil, or any of the X-Men (except maybe Wolverine).