Author Topic: Vermont proposes bill to charge you for NOT owning a gun  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
Vermont proposes bill to charge you for NOT owning a gun
« on: July 18, 2011, 10:30:11 AM »
https://www.patriotactionnetwork.com/profiles/blogs/this-may-make-your-day

Granted this is from a site that has an agenda, but even as a gun owner I find this a rediculous idea.

Offline Nigerius Rex

• Thats Mr. Doctor Professor Patrick
Re: Vermont proposes bill to charge you for NOT owning a gun
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 10:46:31 AM »
The only mildly interesting thing in that entire article is that they have a low crime rate and that may be related in some minor way to the gun laws.

Another thing, why do the shitty chain e-mail articles and crappy patriot sites all use that same font. Are they all written by one person?

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 11:22:36 AM »
Another thing, why do the shitty chain e-mail articles and crappy patriot sites all use that same font. Are they all written by one person?

Because they can't be poorly Xerox'ed anymore.

As for the low crime rate, being rural might have something to do with it.  Vermont is kind of like a big forest with mountains.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 11:39:24 AM »
Why do I get the feeling that Rep. Fred Maslack is probably vehemently opposed to the individual insurance mandate in Obamacare?

Anyhoo,  I can't find any authoritative source on this.  Only the same terribly written article being waved around by NRA types.  Still, if true, it'd be pretty interesting.  There are already jurisdictions where gun ownership is mandatory; somebody here lives in one.  Presumably there's a fine or something to back that up.  My problem is the registration requirements including your SSN.  What the hell kind of stinking communist bullshit is that?  Seems to me like Representative Maslack needs to get his paranoiac delusions in order.  The guy's all over the place.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson