Author Topic: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)  (Read 154831 times)

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)
« on: July 17, 2011, 08:23:12 PM »
I didnt see a thread on the show here, so I figured it deserved one. Anyways, I spent the last 2 weeks watching the first three seasons, and I'm watching the 4th season premiere right now :metal :metal :metal
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
Re: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 10:05:22 PM »
I made one a few weeks ago, but I don't care. That badass scene with Gus in Season 4 :hefdaddy

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 10:26:02 PM »
I just finished season 1 the other night (awesome). I'll be recording season 4 and hopefully catching up by the end of the season.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Volk9

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 10:29:12 PM »
I made one a few weeks ago, but I don't care. That badass scene with Gus in Season 4 :hefdaddy

Seriously. First episode into the season and they've already managed to create on of the best scenes of the show.

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 12:18:01 AM »
I'm just bumping this thread to say this show is fucking amazing.
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline Volk9

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 09:38:38 AM »
Rina is now catching up and she's almost finished with Season 3..in a week, haha.

Offline Big Crouton

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 04:44:19 PM »
Great show.  The scene with gus was chilling.

I've been watching the show from the start again with some friends who haven't seen it yet, and I'd forgotten how intense this show is.  It's stressful to watch because it's so well done.
I'm not sure how literal 'God created man in his own image' is, but it would be pretty crappy if there was a god but he died a while ago of appendicitus.

www.mercuryrecordings.ca

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 08:32:29 PM »
Justin, that's nothing dude. I watched the first two seasons IN TWO DAYS.
I AM A GUY
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 09:10:24 PM »
I'm about 2/3 done with season 2 (going to watch episode 10 in a little bit) and this show is the tits.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 11:01:35 PM »
Go home, Walter.

Offline Bombardana

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 06:18:39 AM »
I love that Go-karting scene in the new episode

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 06:49:05 AM »
This season needs to pick up soon. The past two episodes have been pretty stagnant.
space cadet, pull out.
The only thing I enjoy more than Frengers is pleasing myself anally via the prostate.
"From my butt, I can see your house..."

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 08:56:40 AM »
8 episodes into season 3, holy hell was there some good TV the last couple episodes :metal
Photobucket sucks.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 11:05:52 AM »
This season needs to pick up soon. The past two episodes have been pretty stagnant.

They're definitely building up to something. But what, I do not know!

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2011, 10:36:02 PM »

They're definitely building up to something. But what, I do not know!

It's Breaking Bad, so the suspense is worth it.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011, 08:19:20 PM »
My brother told me this show is getting renewed for a 5th and final season. It's supposed to have 16 episodes!

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2011, 09:23:00 PM »
Did anyone watch the finale? Holy shit!

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2011, 09:23:47 PM »
I watched the south park thing instead because I don't get AMC here. I'll watch it online tomorrow probably. DONT TELL ME ANYTHING
I AM A GUY

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2011, 09:24:39 PM »
I watched the south park thing instead because I don't get AMC here. I'll watch it online tomorrow probably. DONT TELL ME ANYTHING

Okay, well for your safety, I would stay away from this thread!  :lol

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2011, 09:38:43 PM »
Wow, great finale.  Gus' face was fucked up!  Damn, lol.  They didn't really leave any loose ends, except for the plant thing in the final shot.  Also, Mike is out there somewhere.  I wonder what direction they'll take things next season.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2011, 09:41:52 PM »
The shot of Gus, an the reveal at the very end, were fucking awesome :hat So bummed hat we have to wait a long time for new Breaking Bad, and that there are only 16 hours of the show left
Photobucket sucks.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2011, 09:52:10 PM »
Yep. I am going to miss Gus, he was my favorite. The way he went out was so awesome. Adjusting his tie after half of his face is gone. Champ.

I honestly don't know what to expect next season. Maybe it will be more with Hank and Walt.

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2011, 10:55:50 AM »
Just finished watching the finale. Holy fucktits that was awesome.
I AM A GUY

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2011, 11:08:13 AM »
Incredible episode. That was the most bad ass death scene EVER

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2011, 11:09:47 AM »
That wasn't even the best part. That was when Walt was on the phone with Skyler and he said, "I won."
I AM A GUY

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2011, 11:18:07 AM »
What do people think about the lily of the valley thing? Personally, I don't think Walt actually did it and it was just kind of thrown in there to raise the suspense.

Also, where do we think season 5 is going? Most likely scenario I can think of is it will deal with Walt's family finding out... I also think either Walt or Jesse will die somehow (maybe Mike?). The finale didn't really give us much insight into what will happen next, which is pretty awesome if you ask me.

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2011, 11:21:50 AM »
I think Mike is going to be pretty pissed at Walt and they'll have to deal with that situation. Also it's likely that the family will find out and Walt will have to explain to Hank (not to the DEA though)
I AM A GUY

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2011, 01:20:53 PM »
What do people think about the lily of the valley thing? Personally, I don't think Walt actually did it and it was just kind of thrown in there to raise the suspense.

I'm in the same boat. I think the whole spinning gun/plant ended up being the same one the kid was poisoned with was more symbolic than reality because how the hell could Walt have poisoned the kid?

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2011, 01:45:13 PM »

I'm in the same boat. I think the whole spinning gun/plant ended up being the same one the kid was poisoned with was more symbolic than reality because how the hell could Walt have poisoned the kid?

Oh wow, I completely forgot about the spinning gun thing!

But yeah, I just can't see Walt doing that. The other thing is WHEN would he have given it to Brock? He was over Jesse;s house, but never got in... and he was immediately knocked out after that.

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2011, 04:08:33 PM »

But yeah, I just can't see Walt doing that. The other thing is WHEN would he have given it to Brock? He was over Jesse;s house, but never got in... and he was immediately knocked out after that.

I think Walt did poison the kid, though I have no idea when he would have had the opportunity. I can't see why they would throw in the shot of the lily of the valley plant as some sort of red herring. Walt's reaction when Jesse told him the kid would survive was one of immense relief, which points to his involvement. His character has become increasing less scrupulous as the series has progressed, and I don't think Walt would be beyond doing something like that at all. 

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2011, 05:29:38 PM »

I think Walt did poison the kid, though I have no idea when he would have had the opportunity. I can't see why they would throw in the shot of the lily of the valley plant as some sort of red herring. Walt's reaction when Jesse told him the kid would survive was one of immense relief, which points to his involvement. His character has become increasing less scrupulous as the series has progressed, and I don't think Walt would be beyond doing something like that at all.

It's very possible, and I think a lot of next season will be dealing with Walt's "descent", but I'm still not convinced it was him.

Actually, now that I think about it... he did have his neighbor go into his house when he was well aware there might be assassins in there, so you never know. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2011, 06:03:04 PM »
https://www.aoltv.com/2011/10/09/breaking-bad-vince-gilligan-season-4-finale-walt-gus-jesse/

Just to nail down something from the finale, did Walt in fact poison Brock? Is that something you want to confirm or leave as an open question?
I like not nailing things down completely. I like letting the audience ask those questions. But ... yeah, I mean, as far as I'm concerned, he did poison Brock. I think he did it for very pragmatic reasons of self-preservation, not just to protect himself but his family. But it was a very awful, cold-blooded act, and it obviously sends Walt many, many more steps closer to hell, to losing his soul, as it were.

But I think there was I think a method to the madness. It wasn't actually ricin that he poisoned the child with; it turned out to be this alkaloid, lily of the valley, which can be fatal but in this case was not. I think the intention on Walt's part was to get Jesse talking to him again. I think he took a very bold and very desperate risk in poisoning the child and in making sure that Jesse's ricin-laced cigarette was lifted off of him [by Saul's employee Huell, according to a Gilligan interview with Alan Sepinwall] so that Jesse would come to him seeking vengeance.

At that point, the worst that could happen to Walt would be that Jesse would shoot him, which was a very real possibility in Episode 4.12. It was a very real possibility Walt would be killed by his partner, but he was a dead man anyway at that point. He was sure to be killed by Gus or his henchmen, so it might as well be Jesse pulling the trigger. But the best-case scenario was exactly what happened, which is that he was able to say to Jesse, "Why in God's name would I do this? Jesse, why would I poison a child?" And, of course, that's the very reason right there to get Jesse talking to him, to get Jesse believing that it indeed was not Walt but rather it was Gus, and to get the two of them together again. Because Walt truly had no help and no hope without having Jesse back on his team again, and that's, of course, what would lead to their ultimate victory over Gus.
I AM A GUY

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2011, 06:22:30 PM »
https://www.aoltv.com/2011/10/09/breaking-bad-vince-gilligan-season-4-finale-walt-gus-jesse/

Just to nail down something from the finale, did Walt in fact poison Brock? Is that something you want to confirm or leave as an open question?
I like not nailing things down completely. I like letting the audience ask those questions. But ... yeah, I mean, as far as I'm concerned, he did poison Brock. I think he did it for very pragmatic reasons of self-preservation, not just to protect himself but his family. But it was a very awful, cold-blooded act, and it obviously sends Walt many, many more steps closer to hell, to losing his soul, as it were.

But I think there was I think a method to the madness. It wasn't actually ricin that he poisoned the child with; it turned out to be this alkaloid, lily of the valley, which can be fatal but in this case was not. I think the intention on Walt's part was to get Jesse talking to him again. I think he took a very bold and very desperate risk in poisoning the child and in making sure that Jesse's ricin-laced cigarette was lifted off of him [by Saul's employee Huell, according to a Gilligan interview with Alan Sepinwall] so that Jesse would come to him seeking vengeance.

At that point, the worst that could happen to Walt would be that Jesse would shoot him, which was a very real possibility in Episode 4.12. It was a very real possibility Walt would be killed by his partner, but he was a dead man anyway at that point. He was sure to be killed by Gus or his henchmen, so it might as well be Jesse pulling the trigger. But the best-case scenario was exactly what happened, which is that he was able to say to Jesse, "Why in God's name would I do this? Jesse, why would I poison a child?" And, of course, that's the very reason right there to get Jesse talking to him, to get Jesse believing that it indeed was not Walt but rather it was Gus, and to get the two of them together again. Because Walt truly had no help and no hope without having Jesse back on his team again, and that's, of course, what would lead to their ultimate victory over Gus.

did you get that from zack? Because i just sent that to him like an hour ago.  :lol

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2011, 06:26:15 PM »
Yeah I did. :lol
I AM A GUY

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2011, 07:39:45 PM »
I think it was Walt. We'll just have to see how it plays out. I'm so excited for the next season. I can't wait! Gus will be missed.

https://youtu.be/ZOmp3HpAGgM
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 08:05:35 PM by FlyingBIZKIT »