Author Topic: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)  (Read 154870 times)

Offline MirrorMask

Re: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)
« Reply #1260 on: November 10, 2018, 07:01:07 AM »
What if next season of Better Call Saul is the last and the movie comes out after that and somehow wraps up the story for BCS as well? could be neat.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1261 on: November 10, 2018, 09:55:36 AM »
What if next season of Better Call Saul is the last and the movie comes out after that and somehow wraps up the story for BCS as well? could be neat.

That would be cool. I would hope BCS would have a satisfying ending on its own, though, if they were to do that.

Last night I watched To'hajiilee through the ending, because it's been quite a while since I've watched any BB. Still some of the best television I've ever watched. One of my favorite moments in the whole show is, actually, Jesse escaping at the end and screaming with horror/happiness as he drives away. Chills, every time.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1262 on: November 10, 2018, 10:17:44 AM »
Just a reminder, please: how did Walter became an infamous, nation-wide criminal? sure, he was involved with the disappearing and presumed death of two federal agents, but wasn't Hank doing his investigation all of his own and in secret? how did the world know that Walter White was Heisenberg?
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1263 on: November 10, 2018, 11:14:04 AM »
Just a reminder, please: how did Walter became an infamous, nation-wide criminal? sure, he was involved with the disappearing and presumed death of two federal agents, but wasn't Hank doing his investigation all of his own and in secret? how did the world know that Walter White was Heisenberg?

Remember, Walt Jr. called the police when Walt and Skyler had that fight. Dollars to donuts, Skyler (and Marie) spilled the beans to the police.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1264 on: November 10, 2018, 11:58:26 AM »
Ah ok, makes sense, thanks.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1265 on: November 10, 2018, 12:25:36 PM »
And Hank had called Marie telling her that 'we got 'em'.

btw....doncha love the recent Ford commercial with Bryan Cranston? :tup  It would have topped any 'best of' lists of commercials for the previous and next Super Bowls.  And the ending.....a happy, healthy, 'Walter White' driving care free through the desert.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1266 on: November 10, 2018, 02:18:16 PM »

That would be cool. I would hope BCS would have a satisfying ending on its own, though, if they were to do that.

The only proper way for BCS to end is with Walt walking into his office for the first time.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1267 on: November 10, 2018, 03:19:33 PM »
No way, we have to find out what happens in Omaha. Especially what's up with the guy with the Albuquerque taxi, I've read that he's played by an important actor (or at least, a recognizable one) which means that there's something to the story.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1269 on: February 13, 2019, 11:59:40 AM »
Very cool. I kind of liked the ambiguity and lack of clarification with Jesse's ending.....BUT.....I'll trust Gilligan on this one. I loved BB and I really dig BCS as well.....both have been/were great! So, I'd imagine he has a pretty good idea in mind for Jesse so I'll reserve judgment until I've seen the final product.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1270 on: February 13, 2019, 12:33:38 PM »
I might be imagining things, but I thought I had read somewhere that VG wanted to explore Wexler in greater detail, and that a movie would be the way to do it. I doubt that would anything to do with the Pinkman movie, but it's certainly possible he's already got Movie II rolling around in his head, and if so that would be a fine way to wrap up the Gene in Omaha storyline. After all, it is hinted at that Kim originally hails from there.

Speaking of Gene, VG did say that he has no idea if Walter has died yet during the Gene scenes. There is no established time for those. It's entirely possible that while he's in the hospital after collapsing Walt is languishing in a cabin somewhere paying high dollar for shitty companionship.

Which kind leads to my question: Who is Jimmy/Saul/Gene hiding from? He's certainly a material witness to a lot of wrong doing, but would the DEA or APD actually have anything on him? Something that he couldn't beat? My bet would be that the federalies certainly want to talk to him, but I doubt they've got Interpol looking for him or anything. I can certainly understand him wanting to avoid all of the potential entanglements, but he's downright paranoid about being discovered. Was there something clear-cut that I'm overlooking?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1271 on: February 13, 2019, 12:53:24 PM »
Did some googling but there does not seem to be a clear, definitive answer, people seem to disagree on how much Saul or assumed to know by the time Walter made the news because of the death of two DEA agents. He probably wanted to make sure that no one of the various links out there could bring the authorities to him.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1272 on: February 13, 2019, 02:04:53 PM »
The details of what the feds knew exactly were not made clear to us once Walt was outed, but I have to think that Saul's direct involvement is something they found out, quite possibly from Huell. 

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1273 on: February 13, 2019, 02:54:20 PM »
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/breaking-bad-movie-is-a-sequel-starring-aaron-paul-1159128

"Breaking Bad' Movie Is a Sequel Starring Aaron Paul and Will Air on AMC and Netflix"

That title actually made me google Will Air because I never remembered him in the show.  :facepalm:
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1274 on: February 14, 2019, 01:17:44 AM »
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/breaking-bad-movie-is-a-sequel-starring-aaron-paul-1159128

"Breaking Bad' Movie Is a Sequel Starring Aaron Paul and Will Air on AMC and Netflix"

That title actually made me google Will Air because I never remembered him in the show.  :facepalm:

:rollin

Unnecessary Capitalization Of Words Is So Annoying

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1275 on: February 14, 2019, 06:32:40 AM »

I did the same thing  :lol :lol

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1276 on: February 14, 2019, 11:35:03 AM »
Glad I wasn't the only one.  :D
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1277 on: February 14, 2019, 01:23:12 PM »
While I will watch the film as soon as I can once it is, I am kinda bummed that Gilligan is doing this.  I liked the ambiguity of "What happened to Jesse after BB?" and now I fear the film will give us some sort of contrived, happy ending for Jesse. 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1278 on: February 20, 2019, 05:14:28 AM »
While I will watch the film as soon as I can once it is, I am kinda bummed that Gilligan is doing this.  I liked the ambiguity of "What happened to Jesse after BB?" and now I fear the film will give us some sort of contrived, happy ending for Jesse.

I doubt it will be all sunshine and rainbows. Jesse has nobody left - I doubt he'd go back to his parents and brother after everything that's happened, and he's very likely a highly wanted man. He went through hell but I'm sure the feds would like to talk to him. On the other hand, do they even have any idea Jesse was a part of all this? I suppose so since he did that confessional tape for Hank, but whatever happened to that tape anyway? I suppose he could get away clean if nobody ever saw the tape...

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1279 on: February 20, 2019, 05:46:35 AM »

I doubt it will be all sunshine and rainbows. Jesse has nobody left - I doubt he'd go back to his parents and brother after everything that's happened, and he's very likely a highly wanted man. He went through hell but I'm sure the feds would like to talk to him. On the other hand, do they even have any idea Jesse was a part of all this? I suppose so since he did that confessional tape for Hank, but whatever happened to that tape anyway? I suppose he could get away clean if nobody ever saw the tape...

Skyler. She knows everything, and the FBI would have been up her ass the second they found Walt's body on the floor of Tod's Uncle's place. 

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1280 on: February 20, 2019, 06:04:51 AM »
Also, that place is going to be searched up like hell, no way they don't find Jesse's fingerprints at the lab.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1281 on: February 20, 2019, 06:47:47 AM »
Also, that place is going to be searched up like hell, no way they don't find Jesse's fingerprints at the lab.

I think the photo of Andrea is still there too. That'll be a good clue. And that facility had CCTV all over it. I wonder if they were recording or just providing a live feed.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1282 on: February 20, 2019, 10:55:42 AM »
Oh yeah. Great points everyone. I'm sure Vince Gilligan isn't gonna let this be a happy film for Jesse. Even if this is years later, Jesse's messed up for life. I would not be surprised if he's back to using drugs just to cope with being alive.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1283 on: February 20, 2019, 11:00:19 AM »
I'm curious if he'll even still be in the US. I would think that he'd have headed straight for the southern border after escaping. Unless he stuck around for some reason trying to help Brock out or something. 

Who knows, maybe we'll get thrown a curve ball and get a story none of us are expecting. We'll find out that he was captured almost immediately after Walt died, and is now being used by the FBI/DEA as an undercover mole or something.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 11:15:27 AM by Chino »

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1284 on: February 20, 2019, 11:09:21 AM »
I'm curious if he'll even still be in the US. I would think that he'd have headed straight for the southern border after escaping. Unless he stuck around for some reason trying to help Brock our or something. 

Who knows, maybe we'll get thrown a curve ball and get a story none of us are expecting. We'll find out that he was captured almost immediately after Walt died, and is now being used by the FBI/DEA as an undercover mole or something.

Man, that would be cool, I never thought about that.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1285 on: February 20, 2019, 12:22:08 PM »
The authorities, local, state, and federal, have far more questions than they do answers. Jessie and Skyler are the only people left who have the answers, so one of them is going to cut a deal. Skyler was presumably going to play the Hank's corpse card to get herself off the hook. At the same time Jessie has Gale's murder hanging over his head. They'd be willing to work with him for the dope dealing and whatnot, but not the murder. In fact, NM still had the death penalty during those events, and he'd be a pretty likely candidate.

Seems to me that Jessie is going to have his hands full avoiding The Man. The good news is that distraction is a great cure for what ails you. The desire to stay alive and be free will keep him off drugs for a while. The bad news is that Jessie is woefully ill-equipped to do this on his own. He's relied entirely on Fring, Mike, Walter, and Saul to get by and now he's got nobody. Hell, even if he still had the number for the vacuum cleaner guys he doesn't have a cent to his name.

Seems to me the only thing in the world he has right now is his standing as the best meth cook in NA. He'll have to find a way to utilize that.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1286 on: February 20, 2019, 12:39:40 PM »
Badger and Skinny Pete are still around, but I don't think Jesse wants to hear any more Star Trek fanfiction from Badger

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1287 on: February 20, 2019, 12:47:38 PM »
My general thoughts after BB ended were "He's out, he's gonna find the vacuum cleaner and then disappear to Alaska", as he wanted to do..... but damn, I forgot about the money issue.

Also not only symbolically, but also practically, Walter's Blue Meth died with him, so it would be unjust if it would live on through Jesse. We'll see, I'm sure that if they bother to make a movie about it, the story will be worth it.

Another approach, as weird as it might be, could be making just a Breaking Bad movie for the sheer hell of it, original cast and all, and treat it as an alternate universe story when you have Walt cooking meth and see it just as a one-off approach, like "this is a story that could have happened". It might be lame, I know, but better than those very convoluted situations when you come up with absurd explanations to justify a dead character's return.

To make an example: I have never seen The Sopranos. All I know about this series is that it's about a crime family, and that the protagonist goes to therapy. Also, the finale was controversial or shocking or whatever. It would be such a terrible idea to use the cast to make a standalone story, 2 hours movie about a mafia boss that goes to therapy rather than going into a sequel of the series where you have to justify the absence of everyone who's died or, even worse, pretend that someone who died, surprise, survived?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1288 on: February 20, 2019, 01:04:59 PM »
The authorities, local, state, and federal, have far more questions than they do answers. Jessie and Skyler are the only people left who have the answers, so one of them is going to cut a deal. Skyler was presumably going to play the Hank's corpse card to get herself off the hook. At the same time Jessie has Gale's murder hanging over his head. They'd be willing to work with him for the dope dealing and whatnot, but not the murder. In fact, NM still had the death penalty during those events, and he'd be a pretty likely candidate.

Seems to me that Jessie is going to have his hands full avoiding The Man. The good news is that distraction is a great cure for what ails you. The desire to stay alive and be free will keep him off drugs for a while. The bad news is that Jessie is woefully ill-equipped to do this on his own. He's relied entirely on Fring, Mike, Walter, and Saul to get by and now he's got nobody. Hell, even if he still had the number for the vacuum cleaner guys he doesn't have a cent to his name.

Seems to me the only thing in the world he has right now is his standing as the best meth cook in NA. He'll have to find a way to utilize that.

Skyler is the only one alive who knows where the money in the desert is. Maybe Jesse goes completely dark and tries to get to her before she can tell the fuzz where it's at. Badger and Skinny Pete know about the loads of cash Elliot and Gretchen got from Walt. Maybe he goes after that?

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1289 on: February 20, 2019, 02:12:51 PM »
Sorry that I couldn't find a better video, but we know how it all ends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADN9mhG9Xtw
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1290 on: February 20, 2019, 02:40:23 PM »

Skyler is the only one alive who knows where the money in the desert is. Maybe Jesse goes completely dark and tries to get to her before she can tell the fuzz where it's at. Badger and Skinny Pete know about the loads of cash Elliot and Gretchen got from Walt. Maybe he goes after that?
There's still cash in the desert? I figured the white supremacists had it. If it's still there then that's your movie. And why would Skyler know it's there? She knows where the bodies are, but did he tell her the loot was there too?

Eh, it's been a while.
E.F. Benson

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1291 on: February 20, 2019, 02:46:20 PM »
Skyler is the only one alive who knows where the money in the desert is.

Really? I thought that the money was dug up and taken to the compound? All she knew was the coordinates to Hank's grave?

ooops.....ninja'd by EB
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1292 on: February 20, 2019, 03:00:58 PM »
Skyler is the only one alive who knows where the money in the desert is.

Really? I thought that the money was dug up and taken to the compound? All she knew was the coordinates to Hank's grave?

ooops.....ninja'd by EB
Didn't he send Walt away with one of the barrels? If so it wouldn't make sense to leave any of it still buried out there, even temporarily, since he'd just come back for it later. If there's any still at the compound the federales would have found it looking for bodies or vast underground meth labs.

Although, if they found barrels of money at the compound that would go a long way to getting Sklyer off the hook.
E.F. Benson

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1293 on: February 20, 2019, 03:07:42 PM »
I remember too that after killing Hank and Gomez the nazi took all of the money, gave one barrel to Walt, and kept the rest. After the McGyverish shoot out, the leader (Jack) offered Walt to reveal where the money was hidden, thinking it would save his life, but Walter shot him in the face.

All the money Walt made is lost, because the nazi who knew where they had it hidden are all dead.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1294 on: February 20, 2019, 03:30:20 PM »
Jack and his crew took all of the barrels with them, except for the one Jack gave to Walt.

Even if he had the money to do it, Jesse cannot call the "disappear-er," as Saul made it clear to him once that you only get one shot with him and Jesse blew it. 

Jesse's confession tape is likely still somewhere in Jack's compound (remember how they watched it and laughed at it after imprisoning him), and don't think the feds won't find it and see what was on it, meaning they know everything Jesse did.  Assuming the feds can still find a working VCR... :lol :lol