Author Topic: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)  (Read 154852 times)

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)
« Reply #1155 on: August 25, 2014, 06:51:36 PM »
I certainly would have liked to see Mike just up and disappear, which he would easily have been able to do, but his granddaughter pretty much ruled that out. In fact, I'm not sure the whole thing with her was such a good idea. Like others, it was always his professionalism that I liked about him. Adding personal motivation took away from that a bit, I think.
Every character on the show has a flaw. Guess Mike needed one, too.

Serious question... Not counting his physical deformity, what was JR's flaw?
He was a monumental asshole. Shame they couldn't have found a way to kill his sorry ass in the end, as well.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #1156 on: August 25, 2014, 06:57:16 PM »
 :rollin

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1157 on: August 25, 2014, 07:25:57 PM »
I certainly would have liked to see Mike just up and disappear, which he would easily have been able to do, but his granddaughter pretty much ruled that out. In fact, I'm not sure the whole thing with her was such a good idea. Like others, it was always his professionalism that I liked about him. Adding personal motivation took away from that a bit, I think.

He was a monumental asshole. Shame they couldn't have found a way to kill his sorry ass in the end, as well.
I agree wholeheartedly. When Skylar threatened to stab Walt and Jr. ended up with the knife, I was hoping he was going to fall on it.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #1158 on: August 25, 2014, 07:45:18 PM »
Why do guys hate breakfast?!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1159 on: August 25, 2014, 07:48:36 PM »
I fucking love breakfast, but I hate when it's ruined by whiny bitches that don't listen.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1160 on: August 26, 2014, 03:03:06 AM »
I fucking love breakfast, but I hate when it's ruined by whiny bitches that don't listen.

And fake bacon.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1161 on: August 26, 2014, 08:12:30 AM »
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1162 on: August 26, 2014, 08:40:05 AM »
Total domination at the Emmys last night.

Best Drama
Best Lead Actor
Best Writing in a Drama (for Ozymandias)
Best Supporting Actress
Best Supporting Actor

:metal

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1163 on: August 26, 2014, 08:50:31 AM »
This may be a stupid question... But Breaking Bad ended last year. Why is it still up for awards?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1164 on: August 26, 2014, 08:57:24 AM »
I think the Emmys still base off the traditional fall through spring schedule, even though cable shows don't work off of the traditional scheduling of NBC, ABC and CBS.

Season 5b of Breaking Bad aired in August and September. 

Last year's Emmys were in September, so how could the last season be eligible last year when it wasn't even finished yet? 

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #1165 on: August 26, 2014, 10:44:29 AM »
Listen guys, Walter does whatever he wants. He'll win next year too. Don't fuck with him.

RIP DTP.

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #1166 on: August 26, 2014, 10:45:43 AM »
:lol

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1167 on: August 26, 2014, 04:10:09 PM »

I agree wholeheartedly. When Skylar threatened to stab Walt and Jr. ended up with the knife, I was hoping he was going to fall on it.

Yeah, I have to admit that JR's character was pretty weak.  Especially at the end.  I got so sick of that kid.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1168 on: August 26, 2014, 05:11:05 PM »

Yeah, I have to admit that JR's character was pretty weak.  Especially at the end.  I got so sick of that kid.
It's funny. I remember a year ago catching a whole lot of shit for calling Walt Jr. reprehensible. With the advantage or retrospection everybody seems to have joined me now.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1169 on: August 26, 2014, 05:41:32 PM »
Eh, he seemed like a normal kid reacting the way a kid would if he found out his beloved father was a drug kingpin.

Offline GentlemanofDread

• The dreaded man
  • The One Who Help To Set The Sun
« Reply #1170 on: August 26, 2014, 05:53:33 PM »
I think Walt Jr's flaw was his love for his dad. It blinded him.
i don't even like dt but i had keyboard and an ipad so what the fuck
Jordan is actually DT's tax advisor. He just happens to do their taxes on stage, that's why he has that iPad there.

Offline Grizz

« Reply #1171 on: August 26, 2014, 09:57:49 PM »
It blinded all of us.
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1172 on: August 26, 2014, 10:00:09 PM »
Eh, he seemed like a normal kid reacting the way a kid would if he found out his beloved father was a drug kingpin.

Exactly.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1173 on: August 27, 2014, 07:02:21 AM »

But his dad bought him a Challenger. That should have cancelled it out.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1174 on: August 27, 2014, 10:26:16 AM »

But his dad bought him a Challenger. That should have cancelled it out.
Good point.

By the way, has anyone here actually checked out www.savewalterwhite.com? Pretty cool. There's also a www.bettercallsaul.com

I was reading through savewalterwhite and it reminds me how damn good the writers are. It reads exactly like a teenager with cerebral palsy. Crazy how they're able to slip their mindset into one totally different from theirs. Or maybe they let Mitte write it, I don't know.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1175 on: August 28, 2014, 12:12:04 PM »
Coincidence?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/25/blue-lobster-caught_n_5710735.html?utm_hp_ref=science&ir=Science

SCARBOROUGH, Maine (AP) — A Maine lobsterman says he and his 14-year-old daughter caught a one-in-two-million crustacean: a blue lobster.

WCSH-TV (https://on.wcsh6.com/1loUcOM ) reports Jay LaPlante of the Miss Meghan Lobster Catch company caught the curious creature in Scarborough around 10:45 a.m. Saturday. LaPlante and daughter Meghan were hauling traps when she discovered the bright blue critter.

The story has a happy ending for the lobster. Meghan says she is naming it Skyler and donating it to the Maine State Aquarium, far from any dinner rolls or pats of butter. The aquarium says it has three other blue lobsters and an orange one.

LaPlante says it's the first time he has caught a blue lobster.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #1176 on: August 28, 2014, 12:22:46 PM »
HE CAUGHT A SHINY!

RIP DTP.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #1177 on: August 28, 2014, 12:36:42 PM »
Just stopped by this thread to report that Mrs. NoseHair and I just completed our Netflix journey through this entire series.  We watched the whole thing from season 1 episode 1 through the final episode.

Excellent series and the end was very satisfying, which I found...refreshing   :tup

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1178 on: August 28, 2014, 02:00:42 PM »
I have called it the most satisfying ending to anything I've ever watched, TV or film, and I stand by that statement. 

I am still in awe of how amazing Cranston's acting was in this. :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1179 on: August 29, 2014, 01:37:06 AM »
I have called it the most satisfying ending to anything I've ever watched, TV or film, and I stand by that statement. 

I am still in awe of how amazing Cranston's acting was in this. :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy
I still think Shawshank has the most satisfying ending I've ever seen.

Offline TheSilentHam

• Bringin' da bacon
« Reply #1180 on: September 16, 2014, 02:53:08 PM »
I swear I saw a toy in his house

You did around.  Season 3 - Ep. 11 Abiquiu around 40:35.  When Walter is invited to Gus' house for dinner, as he is coming in the house -  There is a kids activity table in what appears to be a formal dining room.  Beside a potted plant or small tree, there is a toy SUV...looks to be like a Barbie SUV.

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #1181 on: September 23, 2014, 12:00:24 PM »
Why hello there, I'm Mr Terribly Good at Avoiding Spoilers, so I just watched this entire show with pretty much no knowledge of the plot whatsoever. Just knew the basic summary presented in Season 1.

Anyone who bitches about the ending: Ozymandias is the ending. The rest is just tidying things up.

I feel like the significance of Crawl Space to Walt's character ultimately is understated by all the talk I've encountered about the show. Not to say his character wasn't being beautifully gradually inched into darker territory throughout the entire show, but there is a big difference in him either side of the crawl space scene. He spends basically the entire fourth season scared shitless. Down under his house, he goes insane with terror, 'dies' (an impression the cinematography was clearly aimed at) and then is reborn at the start of the next episode. From then on, he barely shows fear for a single moment in the entire rest of the show. True, the circumstances of much of the fifth season don't warrant it, but I feel like it must have been deliberate.

The only thing I would really complain about with this show is the title. I know what it means, but it's obscure and meaningless until you look it up, and even then, it's such an awkward expression. Terrible title.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1182 on: September 24, 2014, 05:10:23 AM »
The only thing I would really complain about with this show is the title. I know what it means, but it's obscure and meaningless until you look it up, and even then, it's such an awkward expression. Terrible title.

You did catch Jesse mentioning it in the pilot, right?  Although I do agree its awkward.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1183 on: September 24, 2014, 05:34:50 AM »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1184 on: September 29, 2014, 01:18:50 PM »
A year ago today...

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1185 on: September 29, 2014, 04:18:43 PM »
Wow is the show only that old?  It feels like years ago.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1186 on: December 18, 2014, 12:45:20 PM »
Finally started watching. Been avoiding it because I knew my spare time would go down the tube as I binge watched five seasons, and I think that will be the case.

The scene with Walter trying to roll a doobie in the second episode is too fucking hysterical.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1187 on: December 18, 2014, 12:48:10 PM »
 :lol

I love that scene.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1188 on: April 06, 2015, 06:44:49 AM »
I rewatched the last three seasons over the last few weeks. I never get tired of this show. This time around, I thought of something at the very end that I hadn't thought of before.

Walter presumably dies on the floor of the meth lab at Tod and Crew's place. Prior to that scene, Walt was in the car with Skinny P and Badger. They talked to Walt about the blue stuff still being on the market and were shocked to find out that it wasn't Walt cooking it. Now, had this all ended with Walt, Tod, and Crew dying somewhere besides the hideout, Jessie could have probably been easily linked to being the cook at that site. Did Walt end up giving Jessie (unintentionally) one final break? The feds found Walt and probably just assumed he's been cooking all this time. They have no reason to persue Jessie.

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1189 on: April 06, 2015, 08:24:35 AM »
I rewatched the last three seasons over the last few weeks. I never get tired of this show. This time around, I thought of something at the very end that I hadn't thought of before.

Walter presumably dies on the floor of the meth lab at Tod and Crew's place. Prior to that scene, Walt was in the car with Skinny P and Badger. They talked to Walt about the blue stuff still being on the market and were shocked to find out that it wasn't Walt cooking it. Now, had this all ended with Walt, Tod, and Crew dying somewhere besides the hideout, Jessie could have probably been easily linked to being the cook at that site. Did Walt end up giving Jessie (unintentionally) one final break? The feds found Walt and probably just assumed he's been cooking all this time. They have no reason to persue Jessie.

Yeah, that makes sense.