Author Topic: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)  (Read 154907 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)
« Reply #1015 on: January 17, 2014, 08:46:18 PM »
The main reason was because Victor got himself seen by witnesses at Gale's murder scene.  Once he told Mike that, Mike made the call to Gus, and you know Gus asked him if Jesse or Victor got themselves seen, and once Mike told him Victor did, Gus had to take him out.  He couldn't risk him being identified and then being connected to him and the murder.  Doing it in front of Jesse and Walt to send a message was just icing on the cake.

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #1016 on: January 17, 2014, 10:56:01 PM »
The main reason was because Victor got himself seen by witnesses at Gale's murder scene.  Once he told Mike that, Mike made the call to Gus, and you know Gus asked him if Jesse or Victor got themselves seen, and once Mike told him Victor did, Gus had to take him out.  He couldn't risk him being identified and then being connected to him and the murder.  Doing it in front of Jesse and Walt to send a message was just icing on the cake.
This exactly

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1017 on: January 18, 2014, 02:08:22 PM »

That makes perfect sense. I was just getting hung up on the whole Victor trying to cook on his own initiative thing and kind of forgot about him getting seen.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1018 on: January 21, 2014, 08:24:33 PM »
Just started watching it, starting season 2. I didn't think I would like it, but it's sucked me right in.

Weird question, but I'm coming up on a season where, apparently, a man's head is crushed by an ATM. A head being crushed, oddly, is about the only type of violence that sickens me/I can't bear to watch. Does it show this in detail?
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1019 on: January 21, 2014, 08:29:17 PM »
Does it show this in detail?

Not really.

And you can see it coming a mile away, so if need be you could close your eyes for 2 seconds, but there's no blood or anything. The ATM covers everything, and it almost comes off as a comical, wile e coyote esque kinda moment, hence the reason why I don't like the ending of Peekabo. 
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 08:39:17 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1020 on: January 21, 2014, 09:14:19 PM »
Rewatching the last seasons of Season 1 because I forgot I fell asleep last time. Holy shit at the fulminated mercury scene. That was awesome.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1021 on: January 21, 2014, 10:12:15 PM »
Just started watching it, starting season 2. I didn't think I would like it, but it's sucked me right in.

Weird question, but I'm coming up on a season where, apparently, a man's head is crushed by an ATM. A head being crushed, oddly, is about the only type of violence that sickens me/I can't bear to watch. Does it show this in detail?

Phoenix87x pretty much nailed it.  The moment is more comical than violent.  You should be fine, but without giving too much away, just turn your head quickly the second you hear Jesse yell, "No, no!"

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1022 on: January 21, 2014, 10:23:04 PM »
Guess you didn't much care for Phil Leotardo's death.  :rollin
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1023 on: January 22, 2014, 02:21:57 AM »
Wow today I learned that RJ Mitte actually have cerebral palsy in real life. I feel stupid for not knowing that!

After moving to Hollywood in 2006, he began training with personal talent manager Addison Witt. Mitte and Witt sought out acting opportunities where his disability would serve to educate viewers, which led him to audition for the role in Breaking Bad.
That's pretty cool!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1024 on: January 22, 2014, 07:36:11 AM »

:lol :lol

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1025 on: January 22, 2014, 08:12:59 AM »
Had to Google him. I've never watched The Sopranos.

Edit: Found it on a wiki. That would be a huge noep for me. I also refuse to watch the Braveheart "mace to the face" scene or the Inglorious Basterds baseball bat scene. It's weird, nothing else bothers me. I think it stems from some vivid nightmares I had growing up. I dunno.

Offline TimmyHiggy

• Not the droid you are looking for
  • Maybe its just another drill?
« Reply #1026 on: January 22, 2014, 09:23:17 AM »
DW, there is no detail shown. He is under the ATM, and then you see it tip back and hear a sound effect. No gore.
i heard if you put bread in the rooof of your mouth it means oyu don't cvry when you're shoocppig ononsosni.
<br />/I vea aben told buy   spletn spencer adn timhiggy and that zletar guy to potost gcase imm drunk for the fist imeiiiiiiiiiiiii eoand evryoen ois mkaking funof eme :O(<br />
<br />

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1027 on: January 22, 2014, 09:38:20 AM »

Edit: Found it on a wiki. That would be a huge noep for me. I also refuse to watch the Braveheart "mace to the face" scene or the Inglorious Basterds baseball bat scene. It's weird, nothing else bothers me. I think it stems from some vivid nightmares I had growing up. I dunno.

I assume you don't watch The Walking Dead then.  Lot's of zombie skulls get crushed in that.  :lol

Also, The Untouchables has a "baseball bat scene" involving Al Capone.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1028 on: January 22, 2014, 09:51:41 AM »

I assume you don't watch The Walking Dead then.  Lot's of zombie skulls get crushed in that.  :lol

Also, The Untouchables has a "baseball bat scene" involving Al Capone.
I've seen the first season of TWD. The Untouchables scene happens off-screen. You see DeNiro's face or the diners throughout.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1029 on: January 22, 2014, 11:02:08 AM »
I've seen the first season of TWD. The Untouchables scene happens off-screen. You see DeNiro's face or the diners throughout.

yeah, didn't know if it was the thought of it or actually seeing it that got to you.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #1030 on: January 22, 2014, 04:43:39 PM »

yeah, didn't know if it was the thought of it or actually seeing it that got to you.
That was a great scene.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1031 on: January 22, 2014, 06:49:15 PM »
Rewatching the last seasons of Season 1 because I forgot I fell asleep last time. Holy shit at the fulminated mercury scene. That was awesome.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1032 on: January 22, 2014, 11:42:39 PM »
^holy shit thats awesome.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1033 on: January 26, 2014, 07:23:42 AM »
I found it more awesome without the pokestuffs. Apparently I'm one of a handful of people on this planet that doesn't like Pokemon.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1034 on: January 26, 2014, 12:08:15 PM »
I found it more awesome without the pokestuffs. Apparently I'm one of a handful of people on this planet that doesn't like Pokemon.
I didn't even know it was Pokemon.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1035 on: January 26, 2014, 02:16:20 PM »
I was never a huge Pokemon fan either, but its awesome cos Charizard

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1036 on: January 26, 2014, 02:18:38 PM »
That moment is awesome enough already, without the silly addition to it, which I also didn't know was Pokemon. :lol :lol

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1037 on: January 26, 2014, 02:23:27 PM »
Lol.  Yes its an awesome moment,  but THAT is an awesome gif.  Stop being a bunch of old fogeys  :hat

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1038 on: January 27, 2014, 08:06:36 PM »
Walter's class really sucks. I've never been in a high school class with kids so uninvolved.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 08:27:27 AM by MetalJunkie »

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #1039 on: January 28, 2014, 09:13:46 AM »
So they've confirmed that Johnathan Banks (Mike) is going to be in Better Caul Saul (It really should've been spelled like that...I mean c'mon). This show might be an awesome mix-up of hilarity and darkness. I hope they strike a good balance between storyline and funny antics with a bit of that macabre tone that was always present in the series.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #1040 on: January 28, 2014, 10:27:02 AM »
 Saul Goodman = "Itīs All Good Man". Hard to believe, but I only figured this out a few days ago!

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #1041 on: January 28, 2014, 10:40:37 AM »
 :laugh: Yup.. I've made that pun way too many times... pun? Is that a pun? Play on words? Either way, yeah it's a goodie.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1042 on: January 28, 2014, 11:57:33 AM »
So if you're in a legal bind and you have the choice... Do you go with Leo Getz or Saul Goodman?

Offline j

« Reply #1043 on: January 28, 2014, 03:22:52 PM »
Walter's class really sucks. I've never been in a high school class with kids so uninvolved.

Really?  Did you go to public school?

In other news, my kid makes a face like Tio Salamanca when he's taking a shit, and he also makes the nasal breathing sounds.

-J

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1044 on: January 28, 2014, 04:42:04 PM »
I'm super excited for BCS!!!

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1045 on: January 28, 2014, 06:08:32 PM »

In other news, my kid makes a face like Tio Salamanca when he's taking a shit, and he also makes the nasal breathing sounds.

-J

A) lol I was just going to say the same thing

B) that is the cutest, funniest shit I've read today haha

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1046 on: January 28, 2014, 06:11:21 PM »
So if you're in a legal bind and you have the choice... Do you go with Leo Getz or Saul Goodman?

I prefer Lionel Hutz.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1047 on: January 28, 2014, 06:21:27 PM »

I prefer Lionel Hutz.
Works on contingency?
No! Money down!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 07:29:25 PM by El Barto »
E.F. Benson

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1048 on: January 28, 2014, 10:04:26 PM »

I did, in fact. The kids were never zombies, especially in any of the science classes (which usually had the cooler, more lenient teachers). If they were ignoring the teacher, they were at least chattering among themselves.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1049 on: January 28, 2014, 11:38:33 PM »
Half-way through season 3. Walter and Jesse falling out.  :sadpanda: