Author Topic: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)  (Read 154876 times)

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Re: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)
« Reply #910 on: November 11, 2013, 11:55:53 AM »
This show was amazing. Tugged my heartstrings, got me pissed, made me happy. It was a melting pot of emotions throughout and I loved it.

Offline Lucidity

• Patron Saint of Time Signatures
« Reply #911 on: November 11, 2013, 06:12:46 PM »
I finished Breaking Bad last night. Just wow. It is just unbelievable to me that you can have 60+ hours of material and not have a single misstep. The show is pure perfection. I'm astounded that they were able to end the show to incredibly well. I spent the better half of watching the show worrying about them screwing up the ending. What a fantastic show. Bound to go down in history.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #912 on: November 15, 2013, 03:07:43 AM »
I binged on this show not long ago.  Pretty much fast forwarded through anything with Skyler and Marie.  Also I cracked up at Marie's face after Hank died.  Seeing as I have a daughter now, the parts with Holly on the final episodes made me cry :(

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #913 on: November 15, 2013, 08:48:53 AM »
I binged on this show not long ago.  Pretty much fast forwarded through anything with Skyler and Marie.  Also I cracked up at Marie's face after Hank died.  Seeing as I have a daughter now, the parts with Holly on the final episodes made me cry :(
Way to up and disappear for two years.  Sneaky, indeed.

While I always considered both Skyler and Marie to be completely worthless, Marie was pretty integral to the last season. I still maintain that Hank handled the whole thing all wrong, and Marie was a big part of his bungling of that.

Up until the very end I pretty much figured she'd be the one to finally ice Walt.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #914 on: November 15, 2013, 08:49:39 AM »
I binged on this show not long ago. Pretty much fast forwarded through anything with Skyler and Marie.  Also I cracked up at Marie's face after Hank died.  Seeing as I have a daughter now, the parts with Holly on the final episodes made me cry :(

Why?  What is the point of watching a show if you aren't gonna actually watch the whole thing?

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #915 on: November 15, 2013, 09:12:47 AM »
I only had a problem with Skyler after she started the affair. She was likable before that. As for Marie, she was the annoying little sister, and besides her clepto-ness, and weird house auction phase, she wasn't a bad character either.

Offline sueño

• How Dare I Be So Beautiful?
« Reply #916 on: November 15, 2013, 09:33:21 AM »
I binged on this show not long ago. Pretty much fast forwarded through anything with Skyler and Marie.  Also I cracked up at Marie's face after Hank died.  Seeing as I have a daughter now, the parts with Holly on the final episodes made me cry :(

Why?  What is the point of watching a show if you aren't gonna actually watch the whole thing?

This.  That's like skipping pages in a gripping novel.  There were a LOT of Skyler and Marie bits that were integral to how the rest of the story played out.  Despite how one feels about any given character, I can't understand just ignoring their place in the plot.

The best thing about this entire series was that each and every character had their own motivations and added flavor to the story.  There wasn't anyone I wasn't sympathetic to at some point or another...and neglecting any of their development would have only taken away from everything I got out of it.
"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #917 on: November 15, 2013, 09:38:32 AM »
Exactly.

It reminds me of the time I saw someone say that they skipped the Tony/Dr. Melfi sessions on The Sopranos because they were boring, and I thought, "Congratulations, you just missed the entire point of the show." :lol :lol

Offline j

« Reply #918 on: November 15, 2013, 10:22:39 AM »
I found Skyler to be really unlikable through most of the show, but I don't think I'd ever fast forward through any part of a show I was invested in watching.

I still maintain that Hank handled the whole thing all wrong, and Marie was a big part of his bungling of that.

Elaborate?

-J

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #919 on: November 15, 2013, 11:33:18 AM »
I don't quite get that either.  If anything, Hank was ignoring Marie's advice, like when she told him to get ahead of it, when they saw Walter's confession tape, by telling Ramey, which he didn't do.  The way Hank acted once he found out about Walter was consistent with his actions throughout the series: too headstrong, too emotional about it, and skirting the law to try to get the job done. 

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #920 on: November 15, 2013, 11:53:55 AM »
I still maintain that Hank handled the whole thing all wrong, and Marie was a big part of his bungling of that.

Elaborate?

-J
Hank took the entire thing far too personally. Once he found out he had been schooled, the reasonable approach would have been to belt Walter once in the eye on principle, and then get down to figuring out the best course of action moving forward. Since his career was kaput regardless of how the thing played out, and it's entirely possible that he would have gotten more than a little entangled in it once a staggeringly thorough investigation from the feds was finished, that best move was most assuredly not going through and busting Walt. The absolute best possible outcome from busting Walt is that the DEA allows him to retire in disgrace. More likely outcomes are that he does some time over the money Walt gave them, or winds up getting offed by Walt or one of his associates.

Were it me, I'd have preferred information. Finding out all of the details would have been paramount. For one thing, there are a ton of unanswered questions from Hank's perspective. For another thing, I'd want to know if Walt really was an evil bastard and to what degree.

As for Marie, she took the whole thing even more personally, despite having a flawed understanding of nearly every detail, reinforcing Hank's behavior.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #921 on: November 15, 2013, 12:19:11 PM »

This.  That's like skipping pages in a gripping novel.  There were a LOT of Skyler and Marie bits that were integral to how the rest of the story played out.  Despite how one feels about any given character, I can't understand just ignoring their place in the plot.

The best thing about this entire series was that each and every character had their own motivations and added flavor to the story.  There wasn't anyone I wasn't sympathetic to at some point or another...and neglecting any of their development would have only taken away from everything I got out of it.

Sorry, Skyler's parts in Season 3 I meant.  It made Season 3 drag a bit for me.  Once the whole Ted affair was done the whole thing picked up pace, I found.  So, pretty much what Zook said. 

Way to up and disappear for two years.  Sneaky, indeed.

;)

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #922 on: November 15, 2013, 01:13:31 PM »
Skyler lost all credibility when she sang happy birthday to Ted.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #923 on: November 15, 2013, 02:05:47 PM »
^pretty much. Prime example of something you want to ffwd. Dopey tart.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #924 on: November 15, 2013, 02:15:01 PM »
Yeah, you could understand and feel for Skyler because of what she was going through, but as soon as she started coming on to Ted, and then fucked him, to the curb she went. But still, I couldn't help but eye fuck her every time she was on screen. Especially Season 4. She put on a tiny bit of weight and was curvy as hell.

Fuck that cheating bitch!

Offline sueño

« Reply #925 on: November 15, 2013, 02:18:02 PM »

:shrug:  As I said, every character in that series had their own motivations for doing what they did.  How do people hate Skyler but don't hate Walt??  Is it really preferable to dissolve people in acid or poison children than have an affair??

From her point of view -- she is having a late in life baby they likely couldn't really afford like they'd like.  She'd been raising a special needs son.  She'd been supporting an under-employed husband -- don't think she didn't know his frustrations and unhappiness.  Her husband is dying of cancer and will be leaving her alone with their debts, at least another 18 years worth of child-rearing, no emotional/financial support.  Now -- said husband is acting weird, Jekyll & Hyde-ing in his personality.  Hiding things, lying... how should she behave with all that?  Then she discovers astounding criminal activities that will impact her, her children, the rest of her family and actually come into her home and her husband has no remorse whatsoever.

I'm not in favor of anyone's extra-marital affairs.  And yes, she had a bossy personality.  But the reasons for Skyler's actions, attitudes, all that were directly a result of Walt's.  IMO -- she was the best "thinking on her feet" character IN the series.  Walt would have been toast long ago, if not for her -- despite her often "pain in the butt-edness".
"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #926 on: November 15, 2013, 02:20:32 PM »
But still, I couldn't help but eye fuck her every time she was on screen. Especially Season 4. She put on a tiny bit of weight and was curvy as hell

Naw man. I can think of a million things id rather pop my willy in and one of them is a watermelon.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #927 on: November 15, 2013, 02:22:40 PM »
Come season 5, I hated Walt. I was rooting for Hank to bust him, and for Jesse to get away.

I also wanted to murder Todd myself.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #928 on: November 15, 2013, 02:24:08 PM »

:shrug:  As I said, every character in that series had their own motivations for doing what they did.  How do people hate Skyler but don't hate Walt??  Is it really preferable to dissolve people in acid or poison children than have an affair??

From her point of view -- she is having a late in life baby they likely couldn't really afford like they'd like.  She'd been raising a special needs son.  She'd been supporting an under-employed husband -- don't think she didn't know his frustrations and unhappiness.  Her husband is dying of cancer and will be leaving her alone with their debts, at least another 18 years worth of child-rearing, no emotional/financial support.  Now -- said husband is acting weird, Jekyll & Hyde-ing in his personality.  Hiding things, lying... how should she behave with all that?  Then she discovers astounding criminal activities that will impact her, her children, the rest of her family and actually come into her home and her husband has no remorse whatsoever.

I'm not in favor of anyone's extra-marital affairs.  And yes, she had a bossy personality.  But the reasons for Skyler's actions, attitudes, all that were directly a result of Walt's.  IMO -- she was the best "thinking on her feet" character IN the series.  Walt would have been toast long ago, if not for her -- despite her often "pain in the butt-edness".

I dunno. I hear ya. She just rubs me the wrong way I guess. A well written character to be able to do that.

Interestingly, she was the voice of Ariel in the first Legacy of Kain. That's pretty sweet.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #929 on: November 15, 2013, 02:26:41 PM »
Come season 5, I hated Walt. I was rooting for Hank to bust him, and for Jesse to get away.

I also wanted to murder Todd myself.

That's what the writers were trying to achieve tho right?  I guess I just never really 'turned' on Walt. Despite all the crap. :shrug:

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #930 on: November 15, 2013, 03:39:18 PM »
I hated walt all of season 5 but I think he redeemed himself a little at the end. I was definitely rooting for him in the last 2 episodes. Before that I was hoping Hank would bust his ass.

Offline sueño

« Reply #931 on: November 15, 2013, 03:46:02 PM »
What I didn't like about Walt was his ridiculous sense of pride...at any and all costs.  No matter who it impacted or what had to be done.

I understand that he felt that was all he had left and it's a man's duty to provide for his family.  But he had more than enough many times and risked everything because of being "butt-hurt" behind some slight.

I lost much respect for him.  Still, a very compelling character.

Re: Skyler -- we don't want to discount the ridiculous pregnancy hormones she was dealing with thru much of this.  They can make a woman crazy under the best of circumstances!   ;)

Offline j

« Reply #932 on: November 15, 2013, 04:51:20 PM »
Hank took the entire thing far too personally. Once he found out he had been schooled, the reasonable approach would have been to belt Walter once in the eye on principle, and then get down to figuring out the best course of action moving forward. Since his career was kaput regardless of how the thing played out, and it's entirely possible that he would have gotten more than a little entangled in it once a staggeringly thorough investigation from the feds was finished, that best move was most assuredly not going through and busting Walt. The absolute best possible outcome from busting Walt is that the DEA allows him to retire in disgrace. More likely outcomes are that he does some time over the money Walt gave them, or winds up getting offed by Walt or one of his associates.

Were it me, I'd have preferred information. Finding out all of the details would have been paramount. For one thing, there are a ton of unanswered questions from Hank's perspective. For another thing, I'd want to know if Walt really was an evil bastard and to what degree.

As for Marie, she took the whole thing even more personally, despite having a flawed understanding of nearly every detail, reinforcing Hank's behavior.

Yeah I gotcha.  I guess I just didn't see that Hank had many real options in front of him.  Before everything came to a head, part of me even wondered if he would end up looking the other way.  But Marie definitely turned into just an emotional basket case harpy, which is largely how I felt about Skyler throughout most of the show.  Although in Skyler's case, sueno did a good job outlining all of the very legitimate reasons she had for losing it.

As for Walt, he definitely shocked me with his behavior more than a few times throughout the show.  And even relatively early on, it started to become clear that he was not just a martyr for his family, but had taken ownership of what he was doing and was possessive and proud of it, and protective of it.  But I didn't really fault him for that.  And in spite of it all, up until the end of season 4/beginning of season 5, I think I still bought that his ultimate motivation was his family, and the fact that he finally felt personally secure and accomplished was just a happy side effect.

The show gave you a million reasons to feel for Walt.  They present him as a dude who has been screwed by life in practically every way imaginable.  Then they make him slowly devolve and become progressively more "evil" and see how long you continue to buy him as a protagonist and root for him.  Frankly, it's hard not to get behind somebody who has been royally boned as long as he's been alive, and then finally decides to start saying "fuck you" to all the shackles that had been holding him down, despite the horrible fallout that comes along with it.

-J

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #933 on: November 15, 2013, 05:42:29 PM »

Yeah I gotcha.  I guess I just didn't see that Hank had many real options in front of him.  Before everything came to a head, part of me even wondered if he would end up looking the other way.  But Marie definitely turned into just an emotional basket case harpy, which is largely how I felt about Skyler throughout most of the show.  Although in Skyler's case, sueno did a good job outlining all of the very legitimate reasons she had for losing it.
Walking away was the shrewd move. To be fair, I suppose that he wasn't yet aware that his recovery was financed by Walt, so he was missing one key piece of information. Still, at the end of 5A, I was definitely thinking it was time to call it a career and GTFO of Dodge. As I said before, a big part of Hank's problem was that he drank the Nancy Reagan Kool Ade. While I'd still take it somewhat personally that he had played me, I wouldn't see the innate evil in Walt's actions that Hank saw. Without that perception, I'd really be much more interested in sitting down and comparing notes (after the eye belting, of course) than seeing him burn.

They present him as a dude who has been screwed by life in practically every way imaginable.  Then they make him slowly devolve and become progressively more "evil" and see how long you continue to buy him as a protagonist and root for him.
This is exactly what made me start watching the show. I read some remarks from VG explaining that very point, and said holy shit, I want to see that.
E.F. Benson

Offline sueño

« Reply #934 on: November 15, 2013, 06:55:34 PM »
I think the thing with Hank was the monumental betrayal aspect, as well.  For all his bluster and obnoxiousness, he really loved his family.  Hard.  In that scene when he found the poetry book and realized that Walt was Heisenberg all along...I don't think it was just that he was fooled.  This was his BROTHER!  It's like you could see the life drain out of him.  :(

It was amazing to see him leaving the house, speeding away and being so overcome with every kind of emotion that he was physically sick behind it.  Have any of you ever been that emotionally undone by a discovery?  I think that's how I would feel to learn of such an incredible breach of trust.  Hank was nearly killed or permanently paralyzed because of Walt's antics -- and Walt would have have fessed up to it.

I believe it was all those emotions -- along with his natural "won't beat me" personality that pushed him off the deep end.  Even the very end, you could tell he cared for Walt.

Not entirely sure the same would be said if the tables were turned.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #935 on: November 15, 2013, 07:29:18 PM »
I think the thing with Hank was the monumental betrayal aspect, as well.  For all his bluster and obnoxiousness, he really loved his family.  Hard.  In that scene when he found the poetry book and realized that Walt was Heisenberg all along...I don't think it was just that he was fooled.  This was his BROTHER!  It's like you could see the life drain out of him.  :(
Certainly true, and fairly hard to watch. I rank that as one of the series best moments.

The problem is that a lot of what he thought about Walt was completely wrong. He wasn't nearly paralyzed because of Walt's antics. He was nearly paralyzed because Gus sold him out to protect Walt, who as I recall had no idea that was happening. Same thing with Marie. They both had all of these assumptions that WW was responsible for every bad thing that happened over the last 5 seasons. Did Hank even realize how surprisingly evil Gus actually was? They sure seemed to associate his actions with Walt.

Furthermore, with only a couple of exceptions, I don't recall WW taking advantage of Hank's position. That's what I would consider betrayal. Frankly, Hank was always far more of a headache for Walter than an asset, specifically because he was so interested in keeping him out of the business side of things. Do you think Hank would have broken down sobbing in the sand if Gomey had gone berserk and put some of that 00 shot into Walt's chest?

I believe it was all those emotions -- along with his natural "won't beat me" personality that pushed him off the deep end.  Even the very end, you could tell he cared for Walt.

I disagree with both parts. I think Hank would have been just as happy to shoot him out in the desert. I'm sure there was still some familial bond between them, but Hank really despised him at that point. At the same time, Walter did everything he could to prevent Hank from getting killed, and was far more broken up about Hank's death than Hank would have been if Walt caught one.
E.F. Benson

Offline j

« Reply #936 on: November 15, 2013, 08:31:42 PM »
While I'd still take it somewhat personally that he had played me, I wouldn't see the innate evil in Walt's actions that Hank saw.

I dunno, having the 10 witnesses offed pretty much destroyed any remaining semblance of the notion that Walt was only ever indirectly responsible for the occasional "necessary casualty."  Still, I do think Hank definitely took it to heart that he "got beat," but furthermore, I never got the impression that Hank and Walt were ever that close anyway.  The show made their relationship look like a typical obligatory in-law tolerance and civility, but they never had anything in common in terms of personality or interests.  For that reason, I find it believable that either of them *in their respective situations* wouldn't have been too torn up over the other one getting wasted, although Walt's repeated attempts to spare Hank and his reaction after he was killed certainly seemed genuine.

-J

Offline sueño

« Reply #937 on: November 15, 2013, 08:48:12 PM »
Certainly true, and fairly hard to watch. I rank that as one of the series best moments.

The problem is that a lot of what he thought about Walt was completely wrong. He wasn't nearly paralyzed because of Walt's antics. He was nearly paralyzed because Gus sold him out to protect Walt, who as I recall had no idea that was happening. Same thing with Marie. They both had all of these assumptions that WW was responsible for every bad thing that happened over the last 5 seasons. Did Hank even realize how surprisingly evil Gus actually was? They sure seemed to associate his actions with Walt.

Furthermore, with only a couple of exceptions, I don't recall WW taking advantage of Hank's position. That's what I would consider betrayal. Frankly, Hank was always far more of a headache for Walter than an asset, specifically because he was so interested in keeping him out of the business side of things. Do you think Hank would have broken down sobbing in the sand if Gomey had gone berserk and put some of that 00 shot into Walt's chest?

I disagree with both parts. I think Hank would have been just as happy to shoot him out in the desert. I'm sure there was still some familial bond between them, but Hank really despised him at that point. At the same time, Walter did everything he could to prevent Hank from getting killed, and was far more broken up about Hank's death than Hank would have been if Walt caught one.

Y'know -- by the time everything got that point, I agree; Hank was far less broken up about things than Walt was.  But I think the reason was because Walt basically broke Hank's heart.  There was a sea change that occurred once Hank realized exactly what was going on and I think it was like the feeling a person gets when something they always believed in is proved to be false -- and that thing was taking advantage of them the whole time.  Like the long betrayal of a spouse, the selling out by a friend...maybe even employer - or on a grander scale, one's country.  There is a shift that kinda cuts the love...all of a sudden, you're wondering how you EVER felt anything for that person, they're like some stranger to you.  As far as Hank was concerned, Walt - his brother, friend, drinkin' buddy -- didn't exist anymore.  In fact, Walt "killed" that person.  He was like a mad dog who needed to be put down.

Walt still had guilt and love working for him because he *knew* that he was responsible for everything that was going on and that Hank didn't deserve what was happening to him.  He knew all the suffering was on his account.  I was really happy to see Walt still had some kind of conscience, to be honest.  Doesn't matter how evil Gus was; he would never know anything about Hank if not for Walt - wouldn't had no need to protect him.  Hank's actions, associations, attitude...all that brought sorrow, pain and danger to his family.  Just coz he didn't know exactly who/what he was dealing with is no excuse; it was still his fault.  Anything caused by extraneous characters was a direct result of Heisenberg.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #938 on: November 15, 2013, 11:43:33 PM »
I dunno, having the 10 witnesses offed pretty much destroyed any remaining semblance of the notion that Walt was only ever indirectly responsible for the occasional "necessary casualty."
That's a very good point. Hadn't thought of that. However, I'm not trying to say that Hank shouldn't have taken things personally; he was right to. Nor am I saying that he should have seen WW as a swell guy earning a buck. What I am saying is that he let that cloud his judgement. Busting him as a DEA agent was going to do more harm than good. It was time to start looking for the best means of cutting losses, not running off on a personal vendetta. To that end, finding out all of the details would have been part of my plan. He would have learned some new stuff, and found out that other things he thought he knew were wrong.
E.F. Benson

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #939 on: November 16, 2013, 10:33:57 AM »
Well Jesse does explain everything in detail  into the video camera. So Hank should pretty much have all the details by then.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #940 on: November 16, 2013, 11:34:56 AM »
Well, yeah, but by then, Jesse hatred's for Walt was so strong that he likely spun it in a way to make Walt look as bad as possible (even worse than he looked to us).   For example, remember when Jesse lost his half of the money they had earned thanks to the feds seizing it from his car following the Tuco resolution?  Jesse thought he was then entitled to half of Walt's money, which was absurd, but Walt eventually did give him half of his half, which he didn't have to.  Granted, Walt only did so because Jesse was choking him in the RV and about to beat the hell out of him, but he still could have reneged and not given him the money.  I doubt Jesse told that part of the story in a way that made Walt look good at all. 

The shame of it all was, as bad as Walt was, he really did do his best to keep Hank's out of harm's way where Gus was concerned, and Hank never knew that, even after he figured out who Walt was.  Sure, Walt did tell Jack he would give Jack all of his money if he would spare Hank's life, and that had to tell Hank something prior to his death, but Hank still never knew the lengths Walt went to to protect him.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #941 on: November 16, 2013, 11:54:42 AM »
That was the thing that bummed me out the most. Of all of the awful things Walt did, it was killing Hank that his entirely family hated him for, which is the one thing he didn't do. Skyler knew, but everybody else blamed him for it despite all he did to try and avoid it. Hell, Walt Jr., worthless little prick that he was, couldn't wait for him to die because of his mistaken belief that he offed Uncle Hank.
E.F. Benson

Offline sueño

« Reply #942 on: November 16, 2013, 06:07:03 PM »
Amazing about different perspectives.

I always thought that Walt Jr. was the sweetest, most genuine character on the show.  Apart from Holly, of course.

He believed what he saw...and he saw terrible, terrible things.  Remember -- Walt came after Skyler with a knife.  I don't know how ANY father could come back from that.  The belief that he killed Hank -- and indeed, he WAS responsible for his death -- was just some nasty icing on the cake. 

Walt Jr's heart was another that was broken by Walt Sr.  :(

Offline j

« Reply #943 on: November 16, 2013, 07:14:58 PM »
Remember -- Walt came after Skyler with a knife.

Uhh...am I missing something?  I seem to remember Skyler getting the knife, swinging at Walt and gashing him across the hand, and Walt trying to wrestle it away from her.  Then Jr. broke them up.  Right?

-J

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #944 on: November 16, 2013, 07:20:11 PM »
Remember -- Walt came after Skyler with a knife.

Uhh...am I missing something?  I seem to remember Skyler getting the knife, swinging at Walt and gashing him across the hand, and Walt trying to wrestle it away from her.  Then Jr. broke them up.  Right?

-J

That's what I saw. Walt Jr. told the police that Walt came after his mom with the knife.