Author Topic: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)  (Read 156295 times)

Offline sueño

• How Dare I Be So Beautiful?
Re: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)
« Reply #875 on: October 12, 2013, 12:44:46 PM »
So I bit the bullet and watched all of series 1 in one evening. Pretty good.

It'll be interesting to see where it goes from here. I'm glad there's not that many episodes.

I can't see the premise having that many threads.

Gonna start series 2 soon.

Honestly, I was surprised by how underwhelming the end of Season 1 was (it ends with Tuco beating a guy to death simply for making one remark?)...at first.  But once you see how Season 2 begins, and you get through those first two episodes of Season 2, you know you are in for an awesome ride. :hat

Still not readin' none o' this thread, but I just finished season 4.

OMG!!!  :omg: :omg:  :hefdaddy

Haha, I know! I felt like I needed to sleep for a week after the way Season 4 went and eventually ended. :lol :lol

The end of Crawl Space still remains one of the biggest WOW moments I have ever seen on TV or film.

I literally didn't wake up til 10.30 this morning.   Cuppa tea and toast...ready to settle in for the final season!
"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #876 on: October 12, 2013, 03:48:52 PM »
Half way through season 4, it bothers me a bit that Walt's glasses never actually rests upon his ears.

More valid opinions when I finish the series.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #877 on: October 12, 2013, 04:40:34 PM »
Seriously, the acid bath scene was one of the funniest TV scenes in recent memory.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline ishak540m

« Reply #878 on: October 13, 2013, 04:23:10 PM »
Seriously, the acid bath scene was one of the funniest TV scenes in recent memory.

I can't look at bins in a department store ever again without thinking of Jesse: 

« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 01:00:00 AM by ishak540m »

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #879 on: October 13, 2013, 09:17:54 PM »
There are so many things I can't do anymore without thinking of Jesse, like eat a hotdog, or see a fly, or a "cow house".

Offline sueño

« Reply #880 on: October 24, 2013, 11:23:52 AM »
Okay -- I only have two episodes left.

:omg: :omg: :omg: OMG!!!  I can't think of many TV shows that make me have to think to BREATHE while I'm watching it!!!!  So many scenes in this show where you feel like this MUST be it for the episode...then you notice there is still 20 minutes left!!!   :omg: :omg: :omg:

I haven't been so *immersed* in a TV program while I'm watching it in.....ever, I think. 

Looking forward to reading thru this thread once I'm finished -- which will be by tonight!
"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #881 on: October 24, 2013, 12:55:49 PM »

:omg: :omg: :omg: OMG!!!  I can't think of many TV shows that make me have to think to BREATHE while I'm watching it!!!!  So many scenes in this show where you feel like this MUST be it for the episode...then you notice there is still 20 minutes left!!!   :omg: :omg: :omg:

I haven't been so *immersed* in a TV program while I'm watching it in.....ever, I think. 

Looking forward to reading thru this thread once I'm finished -- which will be by tonight!
:tup
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #882 on: October 24, 2013, 01:05:57 PM »

This has pretty much been the reaction of literally every person I know who has watched the show.... well not everyone. I know one girl that watch all of season one, and 3/4 of season two. She says "I couldn't get into it. I don't get why everyone loves it. I can think of sooo many batter shows".

I suspect she may be an alien.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #883 on: October 24, 2013, 01:13:35 PM »
I'll bet her all-time favorite show is Jersey Shore, right?

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #884 on: October 24, 2013, 01:22:21 PM »
Its a great show,  but I never really got into it.

Also, here in Albuquerque they held a real funeral for Walt Whitman and placed a headstone in a real cemetary. Funny but bad idea, we're a real cultural state and many people got upset. They didn't want a cemetary to become a tourist spot, so the cemetary removed it 2 days after. I say just place the headstone in his RV.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline SomeoneLikeHim

• The flame is gone
  • The fire remains
« Reply #885 on: October 24, 2013, 01:41:21 PM »
A bit late imo, the guy has been dead for over a hundred years. :neverusethis:
"We can walk our road together, if our goals are all the same
We can run alone and free, if we pursue a different aim"

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #886 on: October 24, 2013, 04:32:46 PM »
This has pretty much been the reaction of literally every person I know who has watched the show.... well not everyone. I know one girl that watch all of season one, and 3/4 of season two. She says "I couldn't get into it. I don't get why everyone loves it. I can think of sooo many batter shows".

I suspect she may be an alien.
Yeah, a coworker of mine said the exact same thing. No alien, though. He's just an idiot.

Also, here in Albuquerque they held a real funeral for Walt Whitman and placed a headstone in a real cemetary. Funny but bad idea, we're a real cultural state and many people got upset. They didn't want a cemetary to become a tourist spot, so the cemetary removed it 2 days after. I say just place the headstone in his RV.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline sueño

« Reply #887 on: October 24, 2013, 10:21:06 PM »
ACK!!!  Getting ready to watch the finale RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Man, I really do not like Todd.  At all.....   :\

okay, bye...    :P

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #888 on: October 24, 2013, 10:27:29 PM »
Haha my bad...Walt White.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #889 on: October 24, 2013, 10:50:24 PM »
ACK!!!  Getting ready to watch the finale RIGHT NOW!!!!!

"Maybe tomorrow a bullet may find me..."

Offline sueño

« Reply #890 on: October 24, 2013, 11:33:32 PM »
Okay, wow.  Couldn't have ended much better.

*heavy exhale*   I hope Vince Giligan does another show soon.  That was amazing!    :hefdaddy

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #891 on: October 25, 2013, 10:21:58 AM »
Yep, an absolutely perfect ending.  There is no way it could have ended any better.  :hat

Offline sueño

« Reply #892 on: October 25, 2013, 12:26:59 PM »
I'm on page 10 of this thread now.  Man, it woulda been fun to watch with you guys (I've watched the whole thing on my own  :sadpanda: ).

No one to hear me shouting, "WHAT???  WHAT??!!!???  WHAT??????????  NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!    :censored"    :omg: :omg: :omg: so many time!!!   :lol

I'm impressed with some of the accurate predictions made here.  Great show!!!   :tup :tup :hefdaddy

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #893 on: October 25, 2013, 01:21:29 PM »
I've been going back and rewatching a lot of it here and there since the finale, and I have to say, many of the cold openings, some of them the first time through are of the "hmmm, that is kind of cool; I wonder what that will mean" variety, and by the time you get to it, so much has happened that you have almost forgotten about the cold opening :lol, but the second time through, many are of them are much more awesome, now that the meanings are clear. :hefdaddy :hefdaddy

Offline sueño

« Reply #894 on: October 25, 2013, 01:46:38 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWrRPohom3I

Say my name.

HEISENBERG

That was hilarious!!   :rollin

And can I say how much I LOVE "Let's Get It On" by Marvin Gaye??  Just those first four guitar licks...."Whooo!!"   :hat

*back to reading....

Offline j

« Reply #895 on: November 04, 2013, 01:42:31 AM »
Just finished this, it totally blew me away.  I cant' form any coherent thoughts right now.

-J

Offline John94

« Reply #896 on: November 04, 2013, 01:23:45 PM »
I watched all 5 seasons in 22 days. I told myself it was screenwriting research.

Best series I have seen for a long time.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #897 on: November 04, 2013, 01:29:56 PM »
I'm starting to wonder if anybody actually watched this show as it aired. It's like Arrested Development. It worked great for those of us willing to watch it in 4 or 5 episode chunks. Hell, I didn't start watching it until Gus was already blowed up.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #898 on: November 05, 2013, 03:57:52 AM »
I started watching when season 5 had only 5 or 6 episodes to finish. Then I caught up with the last two episodes. I think it´s a perfect way of doing it!

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #899 on: November 05, 2013, 03:59:11 AM »
I'm starting to wonder if anybody actually watched this show as it aired. It's like Arrested Development. It worked great for those of us willing to watch it in 4 or 5 episode chunks. Hell, I didn't start watching it until Gus was already blowed up.
That's when I started watching it, too, between seasons four and five.

Offline John94

« Reply #900 on: November 05, 2013, 04:47:09 AM »
I got fed up of everyone talking about and before my tutors spoiled it I thought I need to watch this. If there one series I needed to watch it was this. The joy of Netflix. I don't know how I would have waited for a week for a new episode.

Then, I started Orange is the New Black.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #901 on: November 05, 2013, 09:06:50 AM »

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #902 on: November 07, 2013, 12:30:39 PM »
Just saw the last episode. One of the best shows I have ever seen. If not number one then definetely number two.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran

Offline TimmyHiggy

• Not the droid you are looking for
  • Maybe its just another drill?
« Reply #904 on: November 07, 2013, 05:21:22 PM »
I was actually quite sad for about a well l week after breaking bad was over, I loved it that much!
i heard if you put bread in the rooof of your mouth it means oyu don't cvry when you're shoocppig ononsosni.
<br />/I vea aben told buy   spletn spencer adn timhiggy and that zletar guy to potost gcase imm drunk for the fist imeiiiiiiiiiiiii eoand evryoen ois mkaking funof eme :O(<br />
<br />

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #905 on: November 07, 2013, 09:55:42 PM »
Has this been posted yet? Trailer for the spanish language remake of Breaking Bad, named Metastasis. It looks, uh...good? :rollin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoH2gu7snwc

Offline emblempride

• Scammy Flammy Mammy
  • You're just like a motorcycle, too tired
« Reply #906 on: November 08, 2013, 04:06:24 PM »
Anybody here watch Comedy Bang Bang or listen to the podcast? Bob Odenkirk's work in comedy goes back to writing for SNL in the early 90's and Mr. Show (greatest sketch comedy show in the world lol with him, David Cross, Jack Black, Tom Kenny, and way more) and he's on the podcast a few times. This was from a week after Felina.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPd0PXEmmqY

"I can get used to this" as Walt's last line on Vince Gilligan's Island would have been a great ending. "The DEA just gives up."
"Hey guys" - Gregg Turkington

Offline reneranucci

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #907 on: November 08, 2013, 04:17:01 PM »
Has this been posted yet? Trailer for the spanish language remake of Breaking Bad, named Metastasis. It looks, uh...good? :rollin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoH2gu7snwc
I would say it looks horrible (and I speak Spanish).

I would have preferred an adaptation that a carbon copy. Bring a guy with his own personality instead of finding an actor and making him look like Walt with funny hair. His name is "Walter Blanco", for crap´s sake.

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #908 on: November 08, 2013, 05:52:08 PM »
Maybe i watch it, looks funny  :rollin
Spanish is no problem, i'm Brazilian  :tup
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #909 on: November 08, 2013, 05:59:34 PM »
Hank reminded me of Omar Suarez from Scarface. Kinda slimy.
E.F. Benson