Author Topic: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)  (Read 154858 times)

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)
« Reply #490 on: September 09, 2013, 07:30:40 AM »

A couple people seemed out of character here: Huell for caving in so fast, and Walt for admitting to so many specific crimes over the phone.

I remember that almost nothing happened during the first 40 minutes of this one.

It was a bullshit filler/rushed episode. I rank it as he worst BB episode to date.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #491 on: September 09, 2013, 08:44:00 AM »
People do weird things under duress.

And I agree that if Hank doesn't live the shootout (which is likely IMO) the M60 in the flashforwards is for Todd and company.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #492 on: September 09, 2013, 08:48:15 AM »
And I agree that if Hank doesn't live the shootout (which is likely IMO) the M60 in the flashforwards is for Todd and company.
Yes that sounds likely actually. It will definitely be a gun blazin three last episodes.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #493 on: September 09, 2013, 08:50:00 AM »
Walt's admissions on the phone were totally realistic, as he was panicking thinking that Jesse was gonna burn all of his money. 

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #494 on: September 09, 2013, 08:58:21 AM »
Walt's admissions on the phone were totally realistic, as he was panicking thinking that Jesse was gonna burn all of his money. 
Same thing with Huell. As I said, people do weird things under duress.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #495 on: September 09, 2013, 09:04:12 AM »

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #496 on: September 09, 2013, 09:05:21 AM »
It sounded pretty forced to me, like he just all of a sudden blurted out the majority of the terrible things he's done. I'd speculate it was convenient too, because I'm guessing that phone call would be recorded.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #497 on: September 09, 2013, 09:10:05 AM »
It sounded pretty forced to me, like he just all of a sudden blurted out the majority of the terrible things he's done. I'd speculate it was convenient too, because I'm guessing that phone call would be recorded.
I don't think he ever expected Jesse to be working with Hank though.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #498 on: September 09, 2013, 09:12:16 AM »
I don't think he ever expected Jesse to be working with Hank though.

Yeah. That may have been a last ditch effort to emphasize to Jesse that he truly cares about him and needs him to trust him.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #500 on: September 09, 2013, 11:48:37 AM »
Do you know who you're talking to? I'm the one who eats.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #501 on: September 09, 2013, 01:46:44 PM »
I'm going to great lengths to avoid spoilers, so I'd rather not google this. Would somebody mind telling me how many episodes into the last season we are, of how many total, and when the last is scheduled to run? Ideally, I'm looking to watch the last season the week the last episode airs so I can see the finale in realtime.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #502 on: September 09, 2013, 01:51:31 PM »
5 of 8 have aired thus far. The final 3 will be on the next three Sundays, the finale being on September 29th.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #503 on: September 09, 2013, 01:55:45 PM »
5 of 8 have aired thus far. The final 3 will be on the next three Sundays, the finale being on September 29th.
Much obliged.  :tup
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #504 on: September 09, 2013, 02:10:23 PM »
No problemo, sir. :tup :tup

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #505 on: September 09, 2013, 02:37:16 PM »
These last two episodes have only been so-so.  Supposedly the next episode is great, though.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #506 on: September 09, 2013, 02:38:55 PM »
These last two episodes have only been so-so.  Supposedly the next episode is great, though.
So if I thought these past two were great, then the next one should cause multiple orgasms?

Offline SomeoneLikeHim

• The flame is gone
  • The fire remains
« Reply #507 on: September 09, 2013, 02:59:05 PM »
I thought this last one was great, I couldn't sit still!
"We can walk our road together, if our goals are all the same
We can run alone and free, if we pursue a different aim"

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #508 on: September 09, 2013, 03:10:37 PM »
I liked the last episode. The next episode should start off nuts given the way this last one....ended.

Offline reneranucci

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #509 on: September 09, 2013, 05:06:44 PM »
No no no no no. It was the weakest spot on the series so far. "Yeah, I knew exactly how much poison to give to Brock". "I needed you on my side to kill Gus". "I ran over those gangbangers". It's stupid, Jesse is not even asking him anything, and he keeps running his mouth. "I killed Krazy-8 and Emilio for you, Jesse". Why going so far back? That moment is so un-Walter.

And yes, Walter is greedy, but I don't buy he would panic and start running his mouth in that situation. He's very careful. The only times we've seem him completely losing it was when his family was in real danger (when Gus threatens them, for example), but never with money-related issues. He accepted to contribute his share to Mike's people in prison, to give some money back to Jesse, and he knows he can make a lot of money if he goes back to business. The portrait of a Walter White giving away all his secrets on a phone because of money is very unrealistic, IMO. He likes money, but not so much as this episode pretended he does.

Offline TVC 15

• I was bored before I even began
« Reply #510 on: September 09, 2013, 05:16:43 PM »
Walter wasn't that panicky about money before the way he is now is because of the change in his medical condition. That money was definitely important again for his family to live on with the thought that he wasn't going to survive this round of cancer.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #511 on: September 09, 2013, 05:18:40 PM »
Yeah, I kind of think that was the moment, where for the first time, Walt thought he had failed and that everything he did was for nothing. That was his last ditch effort to save all that he had worked for.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #512 on: September 09, 2013, 05:19:22 PM »
I agree that it was very realistic. Walt started all this because he wanted money, that was the only reason. He got an ego, but with that ego, he wanted more and more money. He truly cares about his family, and he has been working for this money, it would ruin his fucking life if Jesse decided to burn it all. So with that said, I think he was confessing to Jesse simply to get him to stop and understand that Walt was doing it for his best interest. I think it's very believable.

I know people have opinions, but I honestly don't see how this episode isn't great!

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #513 on: September 09, 2013, 05:20:38 PM »
Walter wasn't that panicky about money before the way he is now is because of the change in his medical condition. That money was definitely important again for his family to live on with the thought that he wasn't going to survive this round of cancer.
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Offline reneranucci

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #514 on: September 09, 2013, 05:21:20 PM »
I thought about that, but again, he could have done a last and desperate 2-day cooking marathon and guarantee enough money for his family. One call to Lydia and he's rich again.

And even if he panicked, why going into so much detail about what he's done? what about "remember all the people I've protected you from", or something like that? Hearing him say "Krazy-8, bro" made me cringe  :lol

What I'm calling unrealistic is him giving a complete account of all his crimes over a phone call, in chronological order. Even if he panicked, he was never so careless in the whole show

Offline reneranucci

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #515 on: September 09, 2013, 05:26:59 PM »
I know people have opinions, but I honestly don't see how this episode isn't great!
I enjoyed the episode. It was only that moment that seemed weak, and that could have been handled so much better. For example, just saying "I've murdered a lot of people to protect you, Jesse" could have been enough evidence, after he confessed the money was his. But it's the detailed, explicit way in which he confesses his crimes what seems ridiculous to me. It's so artificial.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #516 on: September 09, 2013, 05:28:49 PM »

The last 15 minutes or so were great.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #517 on: September 09, 2013, 05:32:49 PM »

Agreed.  But this show has set the bar so high that even really good episodes like this one get dismissed by some as being not very good.  Every episode cannot be as awesome as Face Off, One Minute, Half Measures or Crawl Space.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #518 on: September 09, 2013, 06:24:00 PM »

Agreed.  But this show has set the bar so high that even really good episodes like this one get dismissed by some as being not very good.  Every episode cannot be as awesome as Face Off, One Minute, Half Measures or Crawl Space.

True. However I thought this was an outstanding episode. I think my least favorite episode of Breaking Bad is like...Grey Matter or something :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #519 on: September 09, 2013, 06:27:09 PM »
Gray Matter had the talking pillow!! :lol :lol

For me, Fly has easily been the least best episode. 

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #520 on: September 09, 2013, 06:28:27 PM »
Fly is an amazing episode.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #521 on: September 09, 2013, 06:29:41 PM »
Fly has got to be the most controversial episode. I've seen people say it's one of the best, but I've seen people say it's the worst. It's really good, I think. Not one of my top favorites, but it's definitely not a least favorite.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #522 on: September 09, 2013, 06:35:25 PM »
I really enjoyed it. It really irks me when people compare to past episodes so much that the 'bar' is immovable. I know, I know...comparisons will be made, that much is inevitable. But when you compare so much that an amazing episode such as this one is diminished because of it, it's kind of ridiculous. Yeah, opinions and assholes. Whatevs toats dood. I myself thought this episode was wonderful. Not the best, but it was incredibly tense, moved the story forward a good few paces and gave us some details into how the road is paved to that year-long time-skip we saw at the beginning of both the original start of the season as well as the second part of S5 (P.S. FUCK ZUNE MARKETPLACE for calling this 'Season 6' and making me pay full price again).

The ending was spectacular, but the rest of the episode was still very enjoyable. Also...a big fat 'WUT' to anyone who is surprised that Hule ratted.... Have you seen this fuckin' guy at all? He is a total moron. An almost useless, bumbling, drooling idiot. They could have showed a ten-year-old's drawing of Jesse with a bunch of scribbled red marker all over his head and he'd freak out just as much. That was NOT a stretch by any means. C'mon now...it's Hule, not Gus. Not that I'm arguing with anyone's opinion here, this is in reference to my friends whom I watched it with. Everyone will have their own jaded opinion. I'm really looking forward to how they surprise us with the ending to this showdown.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #523 on: September 09, 2013, 06:41:14 PM »
If I had to rank the seasons, even if 5 isn't done yet, I'd already say I like it better than 4.

I seriously think each season outdoes its former.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #524 on: September 09, 2013, 06:43:50 PM »
I agree. I really like the vibe they've set this season. Each season really seems to have it's own flavor and attitude to it, and this one reeks of utter destruction and melancholy. I love it. S4 was ripe with a foreboding sense of death that never came, and this one...you just have to know...it's coming. It's coming right in your face and there's nothing you can do.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.