Author Topic: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)  (Read 154917 times)

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
Re: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)
« Reply #455 on: September 03, 2013, 11:37:48 AM »
Yeah, they are very good about doing the unexpected!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #456 on: September 03, 2013, 11:39:17 AM »

Wouldn't it be a hell of a twist if the show is making us think Walt is calling in a hit on Jesse, but in reality has figured out that Jesse is at Hank's and that Hank is actually the target?

And that Gomez is actually a mole on the inside.  Now THAT would be nuts.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #457 on: September 03, 2013, 11:43:04 AM »

How did Jesse find out Walter poisoned Brock? I think I missed something.

When he realized that Huell had lifted the weed from him, he remembered about how the ricin cigarette had also been lifted from him, and he put two and two together. 

That's what I figured, I just wasn't sure if there was more to it. So did Jesse get the ricin back?

Also, while on the topic of Jesse. He's my favorite character. He reminds me of a few people I associate with on occasion (victims of circumstance). You can tell that the guy has a great heart, and isn't nearly as stupid as he's been portrayed to be at times. Now that he has diverged from what he was when we met him as "The Captain", you can see who he really is. His childhood was obviously incredibly fucked up. To be where he is in life while at the same time have tons of sympathy for children makes that obvious. I hope before the show is through, we get a glimpse into that back story.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #458 on: September 03, 2013, 11:45:40 AM »

Wouldn't it be a hell of a twist if the show is making us think Walt is calling in a hit on Jesse, but in reality has figured out that Jesse is at Hank's and that Hank is actually the target?

And that Gomez is actually a mole on the inside.  Now THAT would be nuts.

I feel like we are going to see something with him. He's been on the show since the very beginning and hasn't really contributed to anything. Why keep him around this long? He's the only other member of the DEA that we've really been exposed to, he's been in plenty of scenes, but he hasn't had anything more than a dull moment. I personally hate every time he comes on. He makes all the DEA scenes feel like those cheesy detective crime shows my mother constantly watches.

Also, another thing that crossed my mind after this episode...

In the first two seasons, Hank was pretty brutal in terms of stuff that would come out of his mouth. Let's be real, he came off as a racist piece of shit initially. After he was shot and laid up, that side of him kind of died down.... until this episode. You see how cold-hearted he still is.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #459 on: September 03, 2013, 11:46:20 AM »
There won't be enough time for that back story.  His fractured relationship with his parents and the soft spot he has shown for kids (his younger brother, Brock, that kid in Peak-A-Boo) was as much as we will probably get.

As for the ricin cigarette, no, I believe Walt got it back from Saul and that is the one he put behind the wall plug socket (that he retrieved in the flash forward).

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #460 on: September 03, 2013, 11:48:40 AM »
There won't be enough time for that back story.  His fractured relationship with his parents and the soft spot he has shown for kids (his younger brother, Brock, that kid in Peak-A-Boo) was as much as we will probably get.

That's not enough for me though  :lol. His parents actually don't seem like they were dad people. They don't appear to have been alcoholics or druggies themselves. I'm really curious as to why Jesse is the way he is.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #461 on: September 03, 2013, 11:51:53 AM »
Yeah, they toned down the offensive slurs Hank used early on, but I am not sure I would call him cold-hearted.  I think the betrayal he is feeling has given him total tunnel vision and he can't see anything in front of him but nailing Walt.  I read a review that summed it well: while Jesse is like that rabid dog that needs to be put down, Hank is like a pit bull, teeth exposed and ready to attack.  And that will be his downfall. 

Offline reneranucci

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #462 on: September 03, 2013, 11:52:22 AM »
I know both Saul and Hank have said it, but I think they are right about Hank genuinely caring for Jesse. Going all the way back to the episode when Hank was talking to Jesse's mother on the porch. When talking about Walt as Jesse's teacher, she said something along the lines of "Walter must have seen some potential in Jesse. He really tried to motivate him, he was one of the few teachers who cared."
When Gomez expressed his concerns for Jesse falling into Waltīs trap, Hank says "What? That junkie murderer? If itīs a trap, he gets killed and weīll haver everything on tape". I donīt think he cares about Jesse at all  :)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #463 on: September 03, 2013, 11:53:58 AM »
I know both Saul and Hank have said it, but I think they are right about Hank genuinely caring for Jesse. Going all the way back to the episode when Hank was talking to Jesse's mother on the porch. When talking about Walt as Jesse's teacher, she said something along the lines of "Walter must have seen some potential in Jesse. He really tried to motivate him, he was one of the few teachers who cared."
When Gomez expressed his concerns for Jesse falling into Waltīs trap, Hank says "What? That junkie murderer? If itīs a trap, he gets killed and weīll haver everything on tape". I donīt think he cares about Jesse at all  :)

And why should he?  Even Jesse might come off as the tortured guy and the lesser of two evils, he is still a really bad guy, and in Hank's eyes, if one piece of shit has to die in order to nail the bigger piece of shit to the wall, then so be it.  I can't blame him for feeling that way, considering everything the two have put Hank through.

Offline reneranucci

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #464 on: September 03, 2013, 12:03:15 PM »
Iīm curious about Jesseīs plan. He said that he figured out a "better way" to nail Mr. White (I love how he always calls him Mr. White). He seemed very confident, like he knew that Walt wouldn'tīt resist falling into his trap. I think one option is that they will make Walt come after him and set everything up to catch Walt. An alternative plan is that they will show their cards and reveal that Jesse has been working with Hank and that they have everything ready to arrest him. Either way, they think Walt will try something desperate.

I donīt know exactly why they said they don't have enough evidence to pursue Walt. Finding Leave of Grass allowed Hank to put everything together, and he said "so many things make sense to me now". They could use the equipment that was stolen from Walt's school,  the book, the description of Heisenberg that they have, call records and Jesse's testimony to make a case.

I was also curious about what Jesse revealed to the DEA. Apparently he told them everything because now they know about Lydia and Vamonos! Pest.

A very significant detail is that in the future scenes, Walt appears alone. He's back to New Mexico for revenge, and I think his revenge is against Jesse. Probably Walt's family is destroyed and he blames Jesse for that. I don't think he could come after Hank for vengeance.

Offline reneranucci

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #465 on: September 03, 2013, 12:04:09 PM »

And why should he?  Even Jesse might come off as the tortured guy and the lesser of two evils, he is still a really bad guy, and in Hank's eyes, if one piece of shit has to die in order to nail the bigger piece of shit to the wall, then so be it.  I can't blame him for feeling that way, considering everything the two have put Hank through.
Maybe you meant "Walt caring for Jesse" instead of "Hank caring for Jesse"?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #466 on: September 03, 2013, 12:08:09 PM »
I don't think Jesse's "better way" is necessarily a way that will land Walt in jail.  I think his way will be to disgrace him publicly.  Walt's ego is massive, and Jesse knows this, so exposing him and destroying the Walter White "good guy" public persona is a surefire way to bring Walt to his knees.  Given that their house is later abandoned and Heisenberg is written on a wall inside, it seems certain that he will be publicly exposed.

Not only is Walt alone in the flash fowards, but his body language is of someone who looks defeated.  It makes me think his family is either dead or long gone from his life.

Offline reneranucci

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #467 on: September 03, 2013, 12:15:33 PM »
I don't think Jesse's "better way" is necessarily a way that will land Walt in jail.  I think his way will be to disgrace him publicly.  Walt's ego is massive, and Jesse knows this, so exposing him and destroying the Walter White "good guy" public persona is a surefire way to bring Walt to his knees.  Given that their house is later abandoned and Heisenberg is written on a wall inside, it seems certain that he will be publicly exposed.
That makes sense.

Not only is Walt alone in the flash fowards, but his body language is of someone who looks defeated.  It makes me think his family is either dead or long gone from his life.
I would say even Junior would abandon him after figuring out what he really is.

The gun he purchases on that first episode is a big rifle, I was wondering about why he needed such a big gun. If he wants to kill Jesse, a pistol could be enough. And he also picks up the ricin from his home. Maybe he's into something bigger. 

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #468 on: September 03, 2013, 12:51:19 PM »
I think you're spot-on, Kev. Jesse is going to pretend to go after his life; he's not going to actually go through with it. He's just beat his chest, puffed it out, and is going to let Walt walk right into a trap. He's going to be the cornered rat that has another escape route and scurry on out...or attempt to. As Vince Gilligan said, Saul is the cockroach...he will always live to see another trashy day. The rats...rats die after a long battle. Walt is...um...a...he's a vulture. He's just gonna flat out attempt to swoop in on the carrion and fuck it all up.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #469 on: September 03, 2013, 02:00:03 PM »

Maybe you meant "Walt caring for Jesse" instead of "Hank caring for Jesse"?

:rollin

Yeah... my bad. I meant Walt.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #470 on: September 04, 2013, 05:38:33 AM »

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #471 on: September 04, 2013, 01:09:22 PM »
 :lol

Offline SomeoneLikeHim

• The flame is gone
  • The fire remains
« Reply #472 on: September 04, 2013, 01:44:38 PM »
 :rollin
"We can walk our road together, if our goals are all the same
We can run alone and free, if we pursue a different aim"

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #473 on: September 04, 2013, 03:26:35 PM »
I can't be the only one unintentionally reading "Mr White is Santa" in Jesses voice?  :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline The Trooper

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #475 on: September 04, 2013, 07:35:51 PM »
Fuck!

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #476 on: September 08, 2013, 08:00:45 PM »
Ho
Ly
Fuck
Ing
Shit

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #477 on: September 08, 2013, 08:04:37 PM »
Woah.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #478 on: September 08, 2013, 08:06:52 PM »
Fucking Vince Gilligan!!!!

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #479 on: September 08, 2013, 08:07:37 PM »
I'm sorry, but that episode was fucking awful.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #480 on: September 08, 2013, 08:08:47 PM »
Totally

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #481 on: September 08, 2013, 08:12:56 PM »
I'm seriously considering taking a Cartman approach and trying to freeze myself until next Sunday, because fuck if I can wait a week to see the next episode.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #482 on: September 08, 2013, 08:21:33 PM »
lol opinions

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #483 on: September 08, 2013, 08:44:22 PM »
I'm seriously considering taking a Cartman approach and trying to freeze myself until next Sunday, because fuck if I can wait a week to see the next episode.

Yeah, but what do we do when there are no more episodes left?

I vote Jonestown ritual mass suicide.  Who's with me?

Offline soundgarden

« Reply #484 on: September 08, 2013, 10:48:06 PM »
Well F that episode; nearly had a heart attack when I saw the credits come on....

Jesus; I still have no solid idea how this might gonna play out...

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #485 on: September 08, 2013, 11:07:36 PM »
Hank and Gomez die. Probably a member or two of Jack's crew.  Not sure about Jesse.

Walt, wrecked with guilt, uses Saul's money to disappear without his family.  And why without the family?  Because not only will Marie blame Walt for Hank's death, especially since she got the phone call saying Walt was under arrest, but Skyler will, too.  Walt knows that Skyler sees right through his lies now, and there is no way he would be able to convince her that he wasn't directly responsible for his death.  He disappears in shame.

But does he take the buried money with him?  I guess we have to assume he gets his hand on it if he is able to disappear, since Saul said it costs 125K per person to disappear, but does he take it with him?  Does he somehow get it to the family?  Maybe Skyler and everyone thinks he died along with Hank?  So many possibilities.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #486 on: September 09, 2013, 12:12:24 AM »
Hank said bad words for his survival from this shootout. "I got him, I'm gonna be a while, I love you"... goddamn it!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #487 on: September 09, 2013, 05:57:24 AM »
Hank is going to die. The gun in Walt's trunk is going to be pointing at Tod and crew for revenge.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #488 on: September 09, 2013, 06:21:54 AM »
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #489 on: September 09, 2013, 07:00:08 AM »
I agree that Gomez hasn't done anything important all throughout the show.  For that reason his death probably won't be very impactful since you could swap out any DEA officer and it would make little difference outside of Gomez' familiar face. 

A couple people seemed out of character here: Huell for caving in so fast, and Walt for admitting to so many specific crimes over the phone.

That said, intense ending.  When the episodes end like that, I wonder how there are only three episodes left, then I remember that almost nothing happened during the first 40 minutes of this one.

Can't wait for next week.