Author Topic: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)  (Read 154871 times)

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)
« Reply #350 on: August 13, 2013, 06:26:45 AM »
Walt is a fucking genius. I am sure he knows of a way to show a false positive on a cancer test. He is completely cancer free. The clip in the beginning of season five showing him with a full head of hair indicates that it's a possibility.

Michael Scolfield in Prison Break made himself false positive in order to gain repeated entry into the hospital ward.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 07:20:20 AM by Chino »

Offline Full Speed

« Reply #351 on: August 13, 2013, 07:55:37 AM »
You're probably right, but I can't recall the episode where it was said that his cancer had come back.

While he never said it outright until this episode, it was heavily implied in S5E08 when they focused on the bet up paper towel dispenser right after he got a cat scan.

And also foreshadowed in the S5E01 flashfoward when he started coughing and took a pill in the bathroom before meeting with the arms dealer.

Offline jsem

« Reply #352 on: August 13, 2013, 08:09:48 AM »
The last ten minutes were so intense. Can't wait for the conclusion to this.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #353 on: August 13, 2013, 08:10:25 AM »
Walt is a fucking genius. I am sure he knows of a way to show a false positive on a cancer test. He is completely cancer free. The clip in the beginning of season five showing him with a full head of hair indicates that it's a possibility.
When you're having chemo a second time around, hair doesn't necessarily fall off.

And I agree that it's completely absurd to think he's faking the cancer and hiding it from the family.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #354 on: August 13, 2013, 08:25:10 AM »
I think another possibility might be that Walter sides with hank to help bring down the rest of the meth organization if it means not going to prison forever. I could have sworn I saw a microphone on him in S5E1. I thought it might have just been a mistake, but the more I think about it, maybe he's going undercover or something.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #355 on: August 13, 2013, 08:54:59 AM »
This is possible.  There are a couple of things I thought of:

1)  Jesse's fingerprints are all over the money he is throwing out the window.  Possible someone turns in the money or a cop drives by and picks it up and that puts Hank is Jesse's business once again.

2)  What if Skyler accidently paid for the storage unit with a credit card, Hank runs the financials and traces the money back to the storage unit.  Of course that would be an unlikely error to pay for the unit with a CC when you have all of that cash.

I think another possibility might be that Walter sides with hank to help bring down the rest of the meth organization if it means not going to prison forever. I could have sworn I saw a microphone on him in S5E1. I thought it might have just been a mistake, but the more I think about it, maybe he's going undercover or something.

Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline Joshin U

• On a wrecking ball to view a fashion show
« Reply #356 on: August 13, 2013, 09:04:36 AM »
Last night I made my FB status "R.I.P Flynn" and woke up flooded with text messages of hate  :lol

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Sunday's episode was fantastic.  I'm surprised Hank already confronted Walt, but I'm also happy.  The cat-and-mouse game would have gotten stale fast.

Is anyone else getting annoyed with Jesse? I understand his actions and attitude, but its nonetheless still a retread of his character in past seasons. I like Science Bitch Jesse more than Tear-Stained Bong Jesse.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #357 on: August 13, 2013, 09:20:55 AM »

1)  Jesse's fingerprints are all over the money he is throwing out the window.  Possible someone turns in the money or a cop drives by and picks it up and that puts Hank is Jesse's business once again.

2)  What if Skyler accidently paid for the storage unit with a credit card, Hank runs the financials and traces the money back to the storage unit.  Of course that would be an unlikely error to pay for the unit with a CC when you have all of that cash.

1) I seriously doubt that people in the neighborhood where Jesse was tossing the money are gonna turn it in to the cops. :lol

2) No chance.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #358 on: August 13, 2013, 09:22:28 AM »

1) I thought the exact same thing. Or maybe go as far as saying the bum reported it along with his car's make and license plate...

2) I'm curious if the unit comes into play. Skyler seems way to smart in the finance realm to make such a novice error. I mean, she is running a money laundering car wash...

Offline Full Speed

« Reply #359 on: August 13, 2013, 09:54:07 AM »
How could the money possibly lead back to the storage unit? It's a storage unit, they can keep whatever they want in there with no paper trail of its contents.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #360 on: August 13, 2013, 09:55:36 AM »
How could the money possibly lead back to the storage unit? It's a storage unit, they can keep whatever they want in there with no paper trail of its contents.

I'm not saying that the money could lead to the storage unit. Outside of the lab equipment, the storage unit is the biggest piece of evidence against Walt (and Skyler at this point).

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #361 on: August 13, 2013, 09:56:31 AM »
People, you really need to see this video!

Breaking Bad as a rom-com (your welcome): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWrRPohom3I
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #362 on: August 13, 2013, 09:57:10 AM »

1) I thought the exact same thing. Or maybe go as far as saying the bum reported it along with his car's make and license plate...

:lol What an absurd twist.

I'm actually starting to think, as we get closer to the end of it all, that Jesse will die. He's so low right now, I have trouble seeing him recover, at which point someone's going to put him out of his misery.

ETA: Just watched the rom-com video. I have tears in my eyes  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 10:04:48 AM by senecadawg2 »
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline SomeoneLikeHim

• The flame is gone
  • The fire remains
« Reply #363 on: August 13, 2013, 10:06:42 AM »
People, you really need to see this video!

Breaking Bad as a rom-com (your welcome): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWrRPohom3I
i came, i saw, i laughed.
"We can walk our road together, if our goals are all the same
We can run alone and free, if we pursue a different aim"

Offline Joshin U

• On a wrecking ball to view a fashion show
« Reply #364 on: August 13, 2013, 10:32:56 AM »
"I was curious..."

:lol

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #365 on: August 13, 2013, 10:35:35 AM »
Say my name.

HEISENBERG
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #366 on: August 13, 2013, 12:40:06 PM »
I think Walt is secretly fucking Marie and that Hank sometimes calls her Gale (her maiden name) so he thinks that the book belongs to Marie and that Walt is her orgasm star. Jesse turns out to be Santa Claus lab assistant and the money are the presents. Saul and Hank hook up after Saul is finished with his operation. Jane is the first zombie before they transition into Dead In The Middle.

THEORIES. THEY COME FROM SPACE AND ASSES.

Just FYI...cancer does not make you lose your hair, chemotherapy does...and it's fairly common that after long-term treatment and/or dosage differentiations, hair will grow back. (Usually in a different texture/sometimes color than it originally was...and if anyone thinks Walt actually looks healthier in the flash-forwards than he does now...you're blind)

The hobo!? I mean...is that srsly srs? No wai. U Joakstr.

Tear-stained-bong Jesse  :rollin :rollin :lol

So...it's 103 degrees where I am and...I'm watching the scene in the desert where Jesse and Walt are walking back from the Tuco shootout. I...I feel their pain...fucking Texas. Hell's asshole.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 12:48:55 PM by TioJorge »

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline jsem

« Reply #367 on: August 13, 2013, 03:43:00 PM »

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #369 on: August 13, 2013, 05:32:59 PM »
From what's been shown so far I cannot imagine Walter thinking of killing himself! He has been increasingly been all about self-preservation (Gale, Gus, Mike, the 10 people in jail) so I just can't see that for now.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. He tried to kill himself in the pilot.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #370 on: August 13, 2013, 05:35:11 PM »
He's also a drastically different person than he was in the pilot.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #371 on: August 13, 2013, 05:48:48 PM »
From what's been shown so far I cannot imagine Walter thinking of killing himself! He has been increasingly been all about self-preservation (Gale, Gus, Mike, the 10 people in jail) so I just can't see that for now.

Yeah, because he's the same exact person he was in the pilot! Come on, now!

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #372 on: August 13, 2013, 05:57:04 PM »

Yeah, because he's the same exact person he was in the pilot! Come on, now!

Right... But attempting to kill yourself is a very specific trait... Not exactly something everyone has the balls to do. He decided to do it in the heat of the moment in a split second. That means the idea is something that must have run through his mind time and time again if he was that content and already comfortable with. That seed could still be there.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #373 on: August 13, 2013, 06:22:54 PM »
Chino, I think it goes without saying that you should never be a writer. :biggrin:

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #374 on: August 14, 2013, 04:43:27 AM »

Offline jsem

« Reply #375 on: August 14, 2013, 04:47:25 AM »
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #376 on: August 14, 2013, 08:14:30 AM »
Chino, I think it goes without saying that you should never be a writer. :biggrin:

Why? Because I pay too much attention to detail?  :lol

Offline Full Speed

« Reply #377 on: August 14, 2013, 08:34:13 AM »
The man Walter has become would never kill himself.

Unless some other drastic things happen in his life (which obviously do from the Flash Forwards). I can't see it happening, but future Walter seems more soft-spoken than the egotistical monster he is now so who knows. Future Walter at least still has cancer and most likely hasn't been getting chemotherapy for a while if he has a full head of hair, so maybe he's already completely given up on himself.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #378 on: August 14, 2013, 07:56:14 PM »

Probably more because you don't seem to know how to correctly utilize the details  :)

Offline soundgarden

« Reply #379 on: August 14, 2013, 07:59:17 PM »

So this is funny and all; but is there a specific difference between anal lube and regular lube? 

I am asking for a friend...

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #380 on: August 14, 2013, 09:07:29 PM »

So this is funny and all; but is there a specific difference between anal lube and regular lube? 

I am asking for a friend...

Anal lube is generally water-based and less viscous. This allows it to stay in the cavity without spilling out everywhere.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #381 on: August 14, 2013, 09:24:41 PM »

Probably more because you don't seem to know how to correctly utilize the details  :)

Well, I didn't want to say it, but...yeah. ;)

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #382 on: August 14, 2013, 09:49:45 PM »

Tread lightly...

...down the dirt path.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #383 on: August 15, 2013, 02:59:47 PM »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline SomeoneLikeHim

• The flame is gone
  • The fire remains
« Reply #384 on: August 15, 2013, 03:25:05 PM »
I have seen lots of those but that might be my favorite so far. :tup
"We can walk our road together, if our goals are all the same
We can run alone and free, if we pursue a different aim"