Author Topic: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)  (Read 154865 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)
« Reply #315 on: August 12, 2013, 12:22:41 PM »
No way that happens.  I mean, if he is gonna kill himself, he already has the ammo in the trunk of that car to do it.  Why give himself a painful death with the ricin when he could end it all in about two seconds?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #316 on: August 12, 2013, 12:26:25 PM »
From what's been shown so far I cannot imagine Walter thinking of killing himself! He has been increasingly been all about self-preservation (Gale, Gus, Mike, the 10 people in jail) so I just can't see that for now.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #317 on: August 12, 2013, 12:28:34 PM »
From what's been shown so far I cannot imagine Walter thinking of killing himself! He has been increasingly been all about self-preservation (Gale, Gus, Mike, the 10 people in jail) so I just can't see that for now.

That's because nothing has happened to his family yet as a result of his actions. I could imagine him seeing Flynn get shot in the face and deciding to kill himself very shortly after.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #318 on: August 12, 2013, 12:30:28 PM »
I read an interview with Vince Gilligan that was not released until after last night's episode where he said that they considered holding off the Walt/Hank confrontation till mid-season, but in his words, they still have "a lot of shit to tell," so they got right to it.  I suspect every episode from now till the end will see multiple major events happen, so we can all speculate till we are blue in the faces about what will happen, but odds are most of us will be way off, and even better odds are that the writers will do things none of us saw coming.  It's gonna be a helluva ride. :tup :tup

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #319 on: August 12, 2013, 12:35:25 PM »
Still waiting for Walt to be relocated and start his new life as Hal in Malcolm in the Middle  :lol
My friends and I keep playing with that idea heheh.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #320 on: August 12, 2013, 12:43:57 PM »
 :omg: :omg: Those last 10mins!! :omg:  :omg: I think I stopped breathing for a bit..

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #321 on: August 12, 2013, 12:46:31 PM »
Does this mean that Hank and the DEA tracked Walt's car going to both Saul's firm and Jesse's house?

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #322 on: August 12, 2013, 12:47:49 PM »
Most likely, although at the moment I don't think they can connect that in any way.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #323 on: August 12, 2013, 12:50:12 PM »
Most likely, although at the moment I don't think they can connect that in any way.

Why not?

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #324 on: August 12, 2013, 12:55:38 PM »
I'm probably missing what you're getting at, but it's extremely circumstantial at the moment, and in my sleep deprived mind, doesn't really equate to anything.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #325 on: August 12, 2013, 12:58:02 PM »
Wouldn't that be conjecture on Hank's part or something? I mean yes he can prove he went to Jesse's and Saul's places but he has no idea WHY.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #326 on: August 12, 2013, 01:15:41 PM »
Does this mean that Hank and the DEA tracked Walt's car going to both Saul's firm and Jesse's house?

No, because remember that the tracker is not live; Hank has to retrieve it and hook it up to the computer to see where he had gone.  And I am guessing Walt is not gonna hand it back to him (I cannot remember where it went last night after Hank punched Walt), so Hank may never see what was on it.

Besides, they cannot make a case out of that.  They have nothing on Jesse, and for all they know, Saul is simply his lawyer.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #327 on: August 12, 2013, 01:18:48 PM »
Just finished watching. Absolutely incredible start to the final lap. I loved the nods to Gus, what with Walt channeling the 'innocent manager' vibe at the car wash, as well as the folding of the towel so nonchalantly as he was about to hurl into a toilet. I also loved that while he will clearly forever and always fuck Jesse over and lie to his face, he actually told the truth for once when telling Skylar about Lydia; I was kind of floored he did that. No longer is this the paranoid, scared Walt. This is it: The final metamorphosis; I cannot wait to see what Walt is planning with the machine-gun and ricin combo. I personally think it'd be more likely for Walt to confess all his sins and turn himself in (read: never fucking ever) than it is for him to commit suicide.

Damn, is this bittersweet. There has never been another show that is as compelling, well-written, or outstandingly acted as this. It's beautiful though, that garage standoff scene had me on edge and at one point I actually instinctively brought my hand over my mouth when Hank clocked Walt. It begins! I almost actually like the fact that they have so little time to tell the rest of this story as each and every moment of this show is going to be hitting the grindstone and going buck-fucking-wild. AWPOETIUHAS;FLKBANP9HGAWT. I can't wait for the final 7.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #328 on: August 12, 2013, 01:19:34 PM »

No, because remember that the tracker is not live; Hank has to retrieve it and hook it up to the computer to see where he had gone.  And I am guessing Walt is not gonna hand it back to him (I cannot remember where it went last night after Hank punched Walt), so Hank may never see what was on it.

Besides, they cannot make a case out of that.  They have nothing on Jesse, and for all they know, Saul is simply his lawyer.

Very true. I forgot about that. I was just getting at the fact that I believe Jesse to be very vulnerable right now. He's literally throwing his cash down the drain is is probably back to that really dark place he was at when he had a house full of meth heads. If Hank were to confront him about anything, odds are he'd breakdown and talk.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #329 on: August 12, 2013, 01:55:48 PM »
Chino, you have the most insane predictions.  :lol I say that with all the love in the world. Not that I'm hating, I mean, I'm not even gonna try and predict what Walt will do with the ricin, but from my view, there's no way it's for himself and...I think it's more likely that Walt uses the ricin on himself than Jesse telling Hank anything but "Fuck you, bitch". Not only that, but Hank more than likely has long realized during his recent investigation that Jesse is just as much collateral damage as anything else Walt has done. Now, perhaps he will attempt to somehow how leverage and use Jesse, but outright questioning him? They are long past that...

But hey, I'd be happy to eat my words if any of that came true, as the writers have proven time and time again that they're clearly more creative and much more intelligent than any of the viewers as for as many predictions I've seen, none have come true. I'm ready to be stumped by these genius motherfuckers!!!!! ARGH I WANT THE WHOLE SEASON RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

RIP DTP.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #330 on: August 12, 2013, 02:31:18 PM »
Just finished watching. Absolutely incredible start to the final lap. I loved the nods to Gus, what with Walt channeling the 'innocent manager' vibe at the car wash, as well as the folding of the towel so nonchalantly as he was about to hurl into a toilet. I also loved that while he will clearly forever and always fuck Jesse over and lie to his face, he actually told the truth for once when telling Skylar about Lydia; I was kind of floored he did that. No longer is this the paranoid, scared Walt. This is it: The final metamorphosis; I cannot wait to see what Walt is planning with the machine-gun and ricin combo. I personally think it'd be more likely for Walt to confess all his sins and turn himself in (read: never fucking ever) than it is for him to commit suicide.

Damn, is this bittersweet. There has never been another show that is as compelling, well-written, or outstandingly acted as this. It's beautiful though, that garage standoff scene had me on edge and at one point I actually instinctively brought my hand over my mouth when Hank clocked Walt. It begins! I almost actually like the fact that they have so little time to tell the rest of this story as each and every moment of this show is going to be hitting the grindstone and going buck-fucking-wild. AWPOETIUHAS;FLKBANP9HGAWT. I can't wait for the final 7.

Amen to all of that.

Interesting theory (STOP READING IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO READ IT) I read is that Walt often imitates the acts of those he has killed:

-cutting the crust off his bread like he did for Krazy-8
-ordering his drink the way Mike did
-driving the same kind of car Gus did and adopting his "happy manager" persona at the car wash

Along those lines, I didn't catch this, but in the flash forward at the beginning of Season 5, when he was at Denny's for his 52nd birthday, his fake name supposedly used Skylar's maiden name.  Does this mean he will eventually kill Skylar, while later adopting her maiden name when he is under an assumed identity? 

Probably far-fetched, but with this show, anything is possible.  You never know.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #331 on: August 12, 2013, 02:36:48 PM »
The only think I'm predicting is that he probably used the "getaway card" Saul gave him in the 4th season to escape prosecution or whatever and that's why he's Mr. Lambert from New Hampshire in the flashforwards.

Also, Breaking Bad as a romcom (your welcome): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWrRPohom3I
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 02:43:19 PM by Dimitrius »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #332 on: August 12, 2013, 02:39:39 PM »
Hatchie's Quick Vanish. :lol

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #333 on: August 12, 2013, 04:29:28 PM »

Amen to all of that.

Interesting theory (STOP READING IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO READ IT) I read is that Walt often imitates the acts of those he has killed:

-cutting the crust off his bread like he did for Krazy-8
-ordering his drink the way Mike did
-driving the same kind of car Gus did and adopting his "happy manager" persona at the car wash

Along those lines, I didn't catch this, but in the flash forward at the beginning of Season 5, when he was at Denny's for his 52nd birthday, his fake name supposedly used Skylar's maiden name.  Does this mean he will eventually kill Skylar, while later adopting her maiden name when he is under an assumed identity? 

Probably far-fetched, but with this show, anything is possible.  You never know.

Not to mention that he made his bacon into his birthday year, like skylar did for holly.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #334 on: August 12, 2013, 04:50:14 PM »
You know, I have noticed that, but reading it all at once kind of puts it in perspective. As such, I think it's more of a subtle nod by the writers than an actual point in the character, because it seems to be a bit too subtle. But if this season were to have an obvious story point that Walt is a special kind of psychopath and that is his modus operandi of sorts, that would be so fucking awesome.

RIP DTP.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #335 on: August 12, 2013, 05:59:51 PM »
New theory. Hank knows Walt went to Jeese's. Jesse tells hank about the ricin. Hank kills Walt with the ricin.

Mark it.

I also think Walt is faking his cancer.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 06:43:52 PM by Chino »

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #336 on: August 12, 2013, 06:59:34 PM »
I can roll with rats and schemers, but I see no reason, even among the most ridiculous theories, as to why Walt would need to actually put a deadly, radioactive chemical inside of his body for the sake of keeping up appearances if he were faking. We've seen too much of him suffering on his own; not to mention him actively attempting to hide it from his family, which should pretty much debunk that theory right there since...his actions would be contradicting his intentions if he were faking. Although I've seen a handful of others say the same, I personally think that theory makes absolutely no sense.

RIP DTP.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #337 on: August 12, 2013, 07:08:39 PM »
New theory. Hank knows Walt went to Jeese's. Jesse tells hank about the ricin. Hank kills Walt with the ricin.

Mark it.

So he's taking chemo just for fun?

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #338 on: August 12, 2013, 07:15:36 PM »

Mark it.

So he's taking chemo just for fun?

Not for fun, but necessity. It'll play into the complex puzzle.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #339 on: August 12, 2013, 07:19:21 PM »
Todd's uncle kills Skyler and Walt Jr, and kidnaps Holly. Walt leaves, changes his identity (for safety precautions), and comes back to kill Todd's uncle and get Holly back :corn

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #340 on: August 12, 2013, 07:21:19 PM »
Todd's uncle kills Skyler and Walt Jr, and kidnaps Holly. Walt leaves, changes his identity (for safety precautions), and comes back to kill Todd's uncle and get Holly back :corn

What's Tod's uncle's motive?

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #341 on: August 12, 2013, 07:39:58 PM »
Oh I don't even know, I was just making something up randomly. I don't really see him coming to play later anyway.

It's really intriguing to see how this will end. Walt could die at the end, going out guns blazing, but something tells me that it might end very differently.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #342 on: August 12, 2013, 07:41:01 PM »
Oh I don't even know, I was just making something up randomly. I don't really see him coming to play later anyway.

It's really intriguing to see how this will end. Walt could die at the end, going out guns blazing, but something tells me that it might end very differently.

Like Flynn molests Holly or something?

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #343 on: August 12, 2013, 07:43:09 PM »
Nah, that would be too obvious. Maybe Marie just snaps and fucks Saul and gets money.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #344 on: August 12, 2013, 08:03:05 PM »
Hahaha

Mythbusters BB special is on!!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #345 on: August 12, 2013, 11:04:32 PM »
I can roll with rats and schemers, but I see no reason, even among the most ridiculous theories, as to why Walt would need to actually put a deadly, radioactive chemical inside of his body for the sake of keeping up appearances if he were faking. We've seen too much of him suffering on his own; not to mention him actively attempting to hide it from his family, which should pretty much debunk that theory right there since...his actions would be contradicting his intentions if he were faking. Although I've seen a handful of others say the same, I personally think that theory makes absolutely no sense.

Agreed.  It is absolutely laughable to suggest that Walt went to get the ricin to give it to himself.  That is one of the more absurd theories I have ever read.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #346 on: August 12, 2013, 11:37:39 PM »

Agreed.  It is absolutely laughable to suggest that Walt went to get the ricin to give it to himself.  That is one of the more absurd theories I have ever read.

Well, I was actually referring to the chemo-therapy; but yes, both apply to the point.  :P The suicide (at all; but especially by ricin) theory is preposterous and kinda makes me wonder if people who came up with it have watched the show at all... Or rather have missed any part that Walt is in since he kinda...does anything imaginable to stay alive.

I rewatched the episode for the third time just now and I forgot to mention something before that is perhaps my most favorite part of the episode despite there being so many great moments. The exact moment that Hank walks out after composing himself and hiding the book, you hear Marie jokingly say to Walt, "You're the devil!".  :rollin

:sadpanda: :millahhhh Kinda miss the days when Walt was scared to hold a gun...
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 11:45:34 PM by TioJorge »

RIP DTP.

Offline puppyonacid

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #347 on: August 13, 2013, 05:40:13 AM »
Holy Fudge was that intense! I watched it last night.

I didn't rewatch any of the series as I just haven't had time but so much came flooding back.

I have no clue how things with Walt and Hank will play out. The only speculation I would feel comfortable staying firm on is that I think Jesse will make it out alive. Seems odd, but I think his conscience will save him.

Walt is soooo cold! That man wouldn't boil in space!

I'm kinda thinking that the cancer thing is a ruse. It's a stalling tactic and he's using it to appeal to try appeal to any compassion Hank has......not only that but he's using his own children as leverage and basically a "I did it for the kids."

I am excite to see where this goes.
This post was brought to you by Puppyonacid and subsequently ignored.

DTF's resident thread killer

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #348 on: August 13, 2013, 05:51:24 AM »
Wouldn't the doctors check to make sure his cancer is back before giving him Chemotherapy? I don't think he could just go in and say my cancer is back give me Chemotherapy.

Offline puppyonacid

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #349 on: August 13, 2013, 05:53:29 AM »
You're probably right, but I can't recall the episode where it was said that his cancer had come back.
This post was brought to you by Puppyonacid and subsequently ignored.

DTF's resident thread killer