Author Topic: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)  (Read 154817 times)

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
Re: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)
« Reply #245 on: July 25, 2013, 06:43:51 PM »
Would love to see Jesse be the one that ends his life. Jesse, I believe, will be the true hero of this story.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #246 on: July 25, 2013, 06:56:15 PM »
I don't see that at all.  Jesse is like the Christopher Moltisanti of Breaking Bad: the drug addict screw-up whom his boss/partner put up with far longer than he should have, but eventually is put out of his misery.

Also, reading through this whole thread now, now that I am caught up, I can't believe anyone questioned whether or not Walt was the one who poisoned Brock at the end of Season 4; the ending where they showed the lily of the valley flowers in Walt's backyard couldn't have been more obvious (not to mention an awesome way to end the season).

I don't get the Skylar hate.  Is she supposed to skip down the street with happiness that her longtime husband turned into a crystal meth cook and a killer?

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #247 on: July 25, 2013, 07:00:38 PM »
Thing about Breaking Bad is, just when I see it going one way, it takes a b-line in the other direction. I have no idea how it will play out, but I'm sure it will be amazing, like the other seasons.

Right when I saw that, it was apparent it was Walt. Not sure why anyone would think else.

And I don't get the Skylar hate either. She can be a bitch (a lot), but can you really blame her? Walt's a fucking asshole :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #248 on: July 25, 2013, 07:02:27 PM »
Pretty much.  The scene near the end of Season 5 where Walt invites Jesse to have dinner in their home after Skylar came home was basically a big FU to her. 

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #249 on: July 25, 2013, 07:04:08 PM »
Pretty much.  The scene near the end of Season 5 where Walt invites Jesse to have dinner in their home after Skylar came home was basically a big FU to her.

Very much so. The way I look at it: I sometimes try to put myself in her position. She has it pretty bad.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #250 on: July 25, 2013, 07:05:09 PM »
I can't speak for others on the matter, but this is why I dislike Skylar.

And that dinner scene was golden. Two thumbs up my ass  :tup :tup
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #251 on: July 25, 2013, 07:09:14 PM »
What amazes me is that such a goddess as Claire Danes..

Can look like this a minute later

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #252 on: July 25, 2013, 08:55:35 PM »

Very much so. The way I look at it: I sometimes try to put myself in her position. She has it pretty bad.

Yep.  She is basically trapped, and what is even worse is nearly everyone blames her for the problems, since Walt is the poor husband with cancer who got cheated on.  And yet she keeps her mouth shut so he doesn't get arrested or have Flynn doesn't turn against him.

Offline Joshin U

• On a wrecking ball to view a fashion show
« Reply #253 on: July 26, 2013, 08:25:58 AM »

Yep.  She is basically trapped, and what is even worse is nearly everyone blames her for the problems, since Walt is the poor husband with cancer who got cheated on.  And yet she keeps her mouth shut so he doesn't get arrested or have Flynn doesn't turn against him.

I side with Skyler way quicker than I side with Walt.  Skyler can be a bitch, and this past season she has been annoyingly moody, but her actions are almost understandable given how much of an egomaniacal, self-centered ass Walt has become.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #254 on: July 26, 2013, 08:44:02 AM »
So how do you guys think it's going to play out initially with Walt and Hank? I don't think Hank is going to confront him right away. I think he's going to do his own private investigation thing on the side. I think Walt is going to notice the books in the bathroom were out of order or something and assume Hank knows.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #255 on: July 26, 2013, 08:49:46 AM »
Why would Walt notice the books out of order?  I doubt he knows of any specific order the books are in next to Hank's crapper.  But I do agree that Hank will play it off like everything is normal while investigating Walt to see if his apparent suspicion is correct. 

Offline Joshin U

« Reply #256 on: July 26, 2013, 08:51:40 AM »
So how do you guys think it's going to play out initially with Walt and Hank? I don't think Hank is going to confront him right away. I think he's going to do his own private investigation thing on the side. I think Walt is going to notice the books in the bathroom were out of order or something and assume Hank knows.

I think eventually Hank WILL confront Walt and then Walt will say something like,

"How do you think you've been paying your physical therapy bills for the past few months? You are as neck deep in this as I am."

But seeing as Hank has let his Heisenberg obsession take over his whole life, he obviously won't let it go and will continue to try to bring Walt down.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #257 on: July 26, 2013, 11:44:43 AM »
I can't imagine a show centered around Saul being that great.  He is an awesome supporting character, but to have a whole show every week center around him?  No.

Anyway, I am not sure if I think Walt will live or not.  Mostly, I think not, but then again, given the Scarface analogies that Vince Gilligan himself has made, it's almost like he sees Walter White going down like Tony Montana: in a blaze of glory, after taking down everyone around him first of course.

I think this is thinking of Saul just as we've seen him. We haven't seen him outside of his "on the job persona". We know nothing of his home life or back story. Look at Mike for example. At first his character was kind of cool, but then we got exposed to his granddaughter and his character became all that more interesting and real. I think it would be cool to see Saul out of the office. Maybe he's got a few kids that don't know what kind of dirty work he does.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 02:21:15 PM by Chino »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #258 on: July 26, 2013, 01:49:19 PM »
Eh, I think seeing another side of Saul would take away from his character.  He is a great supporting character who is basically a one-trick pony; best to leave him that way.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

Online SomeoneLikeHim

• The flame is gone
  • The fire remains
« Reply #260 on: July 28, 2013, 12:42:02 PM »
 :lol I love that scene.
"We can walk our road together, if our goals are all the same
We can run alone and free, if we pursue a different aim"

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #261 on: July 29, 2013, 10:04:33 AM »
Funny thing about that scene is, if you watch Cranston, right after he throws the pizza on the roof, as he is walking to his car, you see him do a quick glance up at the pizza, which you know was Bryan Cranston, not Walter White, thinking, "Holy shit, how did I do that on the first take?" :lol :lol :lol

Offline Joshin U

« Reply #262 on: July 29, 2013, 10:25:17 AM »
Funny thing about that scene is, if you watch Cranston, right after he throws the pizza on the roof, as he is walking to his car, you see him do a quick glance up at the pizza, which you know was Bryan Cranston, not Walter White, thinking, "Holy shit, how did I do that on the first take?" :lol :lol :lol

I re-watched the series after hearing this story and, yes, his subtle reaction is priceless  :lol

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #263 on: August 01, 2013, 10:49:32 AM »
Starting rewatching the 5 seasons now to get back up to speed. Pouring here and kids gone for 2 days. BB marathon is on!

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #264 on: August 01, 2013, 10:57:36 AM »
I watched the first half of season 2 again the other day.... wow. I can't believe how far off the tracks Walt got. I didn't sink in as that drastic as the show went on because of the slow transition. At one point Walt was doing a bunch of math in his head and said something like "$378,000, that's what I need to make". Cray.

Offline Joshin U

« Reply #265 on: August 01, 2013, 11:34:51 AM »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #266 on: August 01, 2013, 11:42:35 AM »
Hard to argue with numbers 1 and 2.  The interesting thing is the death of Jane was accidental and he was genuinely conflicted about whether to save her or not - he still had some humanity at that point - but by the time he poisons that kid, he has no humanity left.

I think sending the neighbor lady into his house under false pretenses, when he was on the run from Gus and didn't know if the house would explode when he entered it or if guys were waiting for him, should have been in this list. 

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #267 on: August 01, 2013, 11:48:57 AM »

Offline Joshin U

« Reply #268 on: August 01, 2013, 12:06:45 PM »

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #269 on: August 05, 2013, 10:36:01 AM »
So, I can't be the only who thinks that Gus and Max were lovers, right? I had a hint of it when I originally saw the episodes, but now rewatching them and getting to that flashback in "Hermanos" I truly believe they were lovers.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #270 on: August 05, 2013, 10:59:35 AM »
I never got that vibe.  I just figured they were close friends, but I guess since Gus was a single guy who we never saw have any love interest, that makes him gay?  Meh.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #271 on: August 05, 2013, 11:19:10 AM »
:lol It has nothing to do with him being a single guy.

It was more with how they act when they're in the meeting with Don Eladio. When Max starts pleading for Gus' live he starts to break down, his voice wavers, his hand shakes. And I don't know it would put more emotional weight to Gus' crusade against that cartel, the scholarship he made in Max's name and his hatred of Hector Salamanca.

Sure, this can all mean that they were just close friends as well, but being lovers gives it more dramatic effect IMO.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Joshin U

« Reply #272 on: August 05, 2013, 11:40:43 AM »
So, I can't be the only who thinks that Gus and Max were lovers, right? I had a hint of it when I originally saw the episodes, but now rewatching them and getting to that flashback in "Hermanos" I truly believe they were lovers.

The question "is Gus gay?" or even "is Gale gay?"  is a huge inside joke for the hardcore BB fanbase   :lol

It's possible, but I don't think it should be a focal point of Gus' character.

Offline soundgarden

« Reply #273 on: August 05, 2013, 12:16:13 PM »
I really think Jesse is gonna end up killing him.

1) He let Jane die
2) He poisoned that kid
3) He killed Mike
4) He convinced him to kill Gail
5) He won't let him quit
6) His loyalty to Jesse is in fact complete self interest.

I think Jesse will somehow learn of all this and then make his move.  Walt should have never walked into his driveway that one day....

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #274 on: August 05, 2013, 12:22:48 PM »
I really think Jesse is gonna end up killing him.

1) He let Jane die
2) He poisoned that kid
3) He killed Mike
4) He convinced him to kill Gail
5) He won't let him quit
6) His loyalty to Jesse is in fact complete self interest.

I think Jesse will somehow learn of all this and then make his move.  Walt should have never walked into his driveway that one day....

I think Walt is going to kill Jesse.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #275 on: August 05, 2013, 01:36:01 PM »
Yep, if one of them kills the other, Walt will be the one killing Jesse, IMO.  Also, unless Walt has another moment where he doesn't realize what he is saying (like when he mentioned the 2nd cell phone to Skylar before going into surgery, or when he almost admitted to watching Jane die near the end of the Fly episode), there is simply no way Jesse will find out about Walt's role in Jane's death. 

It was more with how they act when they're in the meeting with Don Eladio. When Max starts pleading for Gus' live he starts to break down, his voice wavers, his hand shakes. And I don't know it would put more emotional weight to Gus' crusade against that cartel, the scholarship he made in Max's name and his hatred of Hector Salamanca.

Sure, this can all mean that they were just close friends as well, but being lovers gives it more dramatic effect IMO.

I'll have to re-watch that scene and get back to you.  I admittedly have only seen it once.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #276 on: August 05, 2013, 02:13:05 PM »
Yep, if one of them kills the other, Walt will be the one killing Jesse, IMO.  Also, unless Walt has another moment where he doesn't realize what he is saying (like when he mentioned the 2nd cell phone to Skylar before going into surgery, or when he almost admitted to watching Jane die near the end of the Fly episode), there is simply no way Jesse will find out about Walt's role in Jane's death. 

Did Walt tell Saul about Jane?

Offline Joshin U

« Reply #277 on: August 05, 2013, 02:16:10 PM »

Did Walt tell Saul about Jane?

Hell no.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #278 on: August 05, 2013, 02:19:58 PM »
No, but it is likely, since I doubt Walt did it himself, that Saul arranged the kid being poisoned by the lily of the valley flower, but it is hard to envision a scenario where Jesse would have Saul in a position where he would have to give that up, especially since Jesse doesn't know there is anything to give up, so Saul would have to blurt it out without provocation.  Maybe if Walt double crosses Saul or something, but I just don't see it.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #279 on: August 05, 2013, 02:36:37 PM »
I bet we see Saul make a striking move in the last 8 episodes. Up until now he really hasn't done anything (outside of being the crooked lawyer) other than finding the pesticide business to turn into a new meth operation and set up the car wash. It's about time his character has a big impact on the story.