Author Topic: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)  (Read 154851 times)

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Re: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)
« Reply #210 on: July 15, 2013, 10:29:29 PM »
I recently started rewatching this in preparation of the second half of season 5. I thought I would be a little bored watching season 1 because I've seen those episodes the most times, but that wasn't the case. Seems I had just forgotten how funny those early episodes of the series were. I'm going to be absolutely storming through this over the next few weeks.

Offline Joshin U

• On a wrecking ball to view a fashion show
« Reply #211 on: July 16, 2013, 10:20:52 AM »
I recently started rewatching this in preparation of the second half of season 5. I thought I would be a little bored watching season 1 because I've seen those episodes the most times, but that wasn't the case. Seems I had just forgotten how funny those early episodes of the series were. I'm going to be absolutely storming through this over the next few weeks.

Yeah i just finished my complete re-watch too. On the second time around, I think I enjoyed season 3 the most, but only more than 4 because 4's mid-season seems to drag.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #212 on: July 16, 2013, 06:05:41 PM »
Season 4 is probably my favorite. I love 5 but I wish it was longer. The last 4 or 5 episodes of season 4 are just fucking amazing.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #213 on: July 17, 2013, 04:16:10 AM »
So I finished the first half of season 5 last night... What a cool ending. I thought for sure when Hank sat down on the toilet, he was going to hear a cellphone vibrating in the water tank (indications the Walt wasn't really done).

This show has been a roller coaster of a ride.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #214 on: July 17, 2013, 05:48:18 AM »
What if the show takes a huge turn and Walt and Hank open up a mineral store or some badass shit.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #215 on: July 17, 2013, 06:06:40 AM »
I've been going back and forth about what kind of note this show is going to end on. We have seen so much darkness and sadness already, it wouldn't surprise me if we see a non-happy ending. I think that would be kind of cool seeing as literally every single show I've watched has had an ending that ends on a high note or positively (not counting shows that were canceled before finale).

I'm thinking Walt's cancer comes back and he dies. It would bring the show full circle, and Hank wouldn't end up having to lock his brother away. I'm betting Jesse ends up in prison. What are the odds of Walt killing himself with the ricin? What is going to happen to Saul?!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 07:05:19 AM by Chino »

Offline Joshin U

« Reply #216 on: July 17, 2013, 07:55:23 AM »
I've been going back and forth about what kind of note this show is going to end on. We have seen so much darkness and sadness already, it wouldn't surprise me if we see a non-happy ending. I think that would be kind of cool seeing as literally every single show I've watched has had an ending that ends on a high note or positively (not counting shows that were canceled before finale).

I'm thinking Walt's cancer comes back and he dies. It would bring the show full circle, and Hank wouldn't end up having to lock his brother away. I'm betting Jesse ends up in prison. What are the odds of Walt killing himself with the ricin? What is going to happen to Saul?!

The general consensus from fans is that Walt will have a violent death after killing several other key characters.  Personally, I think Walt will be one of the few characters to still be alive by the end of the show.  I think he will end up causing the deaths of his family as a twist of irony.  You know, "man who starts dealing drugs to protect his family's future ends up killing them through greed and egotism". I think it'd be fitting.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #217 on: July 17, 2013, 07:57:55 AM »

The general consensus from fans is that Walt will have a violent death after killing several other key characters.  Personally, I think Walt will be one of the few characters to still be alive by the end of the show.  I think he will end up causing the deaths of his family as a twist of irony.  You know, "man who starts dealing drugs to protect his family's future ends up killing them through greed and egotism". I think it'd be fitting.

Oh man. What if Flynn were to kill himself in that car Walt bought him!

Offline Joshin U

« Reply #218 on: July 17, 2013, 08:00:48 AM »

Or even worse, what if Holly killed her WHOLE FAMILY WITH THE M60 WALT BOUGHT???!!!

:omg: :omg:

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #219 on: July 17, 2013, 08:44:59 AM »

Or even worse, what if Holly killed her WHOLE FAMILY WITH THE M60 WALT BOUGHT???!!!

:omg: :omg:

Now we're talking.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #220 on: July 17, 2013, 09:57:30 AM »
I've seriously been waiting for Jr to have his big moment in the show.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #221 on: July 17, 2013, 11:05:16 AM »

Maybe he turns in Walt to the DEA for all the shit he put his mother through.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #222 on: July 17, 2013, 11:54:58 PM »
You mean this wasn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ebevzx_ctg
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #223 on: July 18, 2013, 07:22:35 AM »
Well that was the start of it. I'm ready for him to pull out a shotgun  :tup

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #224 on: July 19, 2013, 02:14:11 PM »
Just started watching this show.  Finished Season 1 and am loving it so far, but I suspect I should avoid this thread until I am caught up to avoid spoilers. :lol   

Offline Joshin U

« Reply #225 on: July 22, 2013, 08:27:24 AM »
Just started watching this show.  Finished Season 1 and am loving it so far, but I suspect I should avoid this thread until I am caught up to avoid spoilers. :lol

Basically stay away from the internet  :lol

But hurry! You have a shot at catching up before the premiere!

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #226 on: July 22, 2013, 08:58:45 AM »
Only 21 days left.... Ohh man I can't wait! I may watch the last 8 episodes, I don't have time watching the whole show again.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Marion Crane

• Smile, you're on MurderTV.
« Reply #227 on: July 22, 2013, 10:19:23 AM »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #228 on: July 22, 2013, 12:16:25 PM »

At the rate I am going, I will be finished with Season 4 within a week (I am halfway through Season 3 right now).  But the problem is that Season 5 is not on netflix yet (where I am watching it), but supposedly once the new season starts, netflix will then carry the most recent season, so if Season 5 is then on there, I can DVR the new ones, watch Season 5 once it's on netflix and then catch up with the recorded episodes on DVR. This is assuming of course I have AMC; I should probably check that first. :lol

Either way, this show is beyond awesome.  I haven't been this addicted to a show since The Sopranos.   

Offline Joshin U

« Reply #229 on: July 22, 2013, 12:26:24 PM »

At the rate I am going, I will be finished with Season 4 within a week (I am halfway through Season 3 right now).  But the problem is that Season 5 is not on netflix yet (where I am watching it), but supposedly once the new season starts, netflix will then carry the most recent season, so if Season 5 is then on there, I can DVR the new ones, watch Season 5 once it's on netflix and then catch up with the recorded episodes on DVR. This is assuming of course I have AMC; I should probably check that first. :lol

Either way, this show is beyond awesome.  I haven't been this addicted to a show since The Sopranos.

:omg: Damn, that's pretty impressive! My girlfriend's mom marathoned all 4 seasons in one weekend earlier this year  :lol
 Yeah, it's a shame they don't have Season 5A up on Netflix.  Best you can do legally is iTunes or Amazon as of now. 

At any rate, yes, BB is like celluloid crack, except good for your soul. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #230 on: July 22, 2013, 03:26:39 PM »
I might watch it on iTunes.  I rarely buy from there anymore, and I got $50+ in gift cards for there for my birthday last week, so I might as well use that money on something. 

Either way, I really am gonna try to dodge this thread till I am caught up...

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #232 on: July 24, 2013, 08:51:54 PM »

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #233 on: July 25, 2013, 03:28:32 AM »
Mythbusters doing a Breaking Bad special:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxcwAfKayUk

:metal
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline bertoltus

• Reign on, you crazy tyrant!
« Reply #234 on: July 25, 2013, 04:47:49 AM »
OK, here are my predictions for the characters at the end of the last season:

Walt: Definitely dead. If he doesn't go down in a fight or kills himself, the cancer will still get him.
Jesse: That one has been through so much, he really deserves a happy ending.
Hank: Really hard to predict that one. He either gets killed by Walt or ends up catching him. Or he goes to prison because everyone thinks he was protecting Walt all the time.
Skyler: Either dead or in prison.
Walt Jr.: Being that dark of a show, I could really see them killing him off as an unnecessary sacrifice.
Saul: You would expect the lawyer to pull a Karma Houdini and get away, but I think he's actually gonna die a very brutal death.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #235 on: July 25, 2013, 05:00:01 AM »
I'm thinking Walt's entire family dies and he lives. That would make everything he did the last 5 seasons a complete waste.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #236 on: July 25, 2013, 05:03:30 AM »
I'm thinking Walt's entire family dies and he lives. That would make everything he did the last 5 seasons a complete waste.
I was thinking something similar. It just seems to fit the tone of the show to me that everything he did ends up being for nothing, that it destroys his family somehow (whether it's death or something else), and that Walt has to suffer through what days he has left living with it.

Offline Joshin U

« Reply #237 on: July 25, 2013, 07:56:04 AM »

Walt: Definitely dead. If he doesn't go down in a fight or kills himself, the cancer will still get him.
Hank: Really hard to predict that one. He either gets killed by Walt or ends up catching him. Or he goes to prison because everyone thinks he was protecting Walt all the time.
Walt Jr.: Being that dark of a show, I could really see them killing him off as an unnecessary sacrifice.
Saul: You would expect the lawyer to pull a Karma Houdini and get away, but I think he's actually gonna die a very brutal death.

I doubt they'll kill off Saul; they're making a spinoff show about him   :lol

Yeah, it could be a prequel, but I'm leaning towards side "Saul lives".

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #238 on: July 25, 2013, 08:33:44 AM »

I doubt they'll kill off Saul; they're making a spinoff show about him   :lol

GET OUT!!! That's awesome.

Offline Joshin U

« Reply #239 on: July 25, 2013, 08:43:45 AM »
Yeah, already in the works!  Obviously it'll be a completely tone than BB, but I think Saul is hysterical, so I'll tune in.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #240 on: July 25, 2013, 09:00:07 AM »
Yeah, already in the works!  Obviously it'll be a completely tone than BB, but I think Saul is hysterical, so I'll tune in.

But if he's still playing the same crooked lawyer, it's going to have to have at the least a similar tone.

Offline Joshin U

« Reply #241 on: July 25, 2013, 09:12:21 AM »

But if he's still playing the same crooked lawyer, it's going to have to have at the least a similar tone.

For sure, but I think the vibe the creators are giving is more lighthearted than BB; less dark.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #242 on: July 25, 2013, 02:36:14 PM »
Something interesting to note if we're theorizing about Saul's survival...

Vince Gilligan said that Saul is the only safe one, and compared him to a cockroach in that he may be disgusting as he is, but he will always be the one to get away and survive. However, in an interview after that, not too long ago, he said that the supposed spin-off TV show could very well be a prequel. Maybe he changed his mind... either way, I'm betting Saul lives.

I think Walt and Hank will kill each other or Hank actually arrests Walt. Skylar, Walt Jr....I have no idea, I think they may get away and that will be Walt's one redeeming point in the end is getting his family away and safe and he goes down in flames to facilitate the process of keeping the target on him. I've thought this for a while but it's looking less likely as the show has gone on with Walt and Skylar's relationship being nonexistent. I kind of hope for this, but doubt it'll happen. Jesse will die.

I've pictured the Saul show not unlike his interactions with others in scenes of the actual show, with new material and/or how he began his descent into being Gus' guy. So he'd probably be dealing with some crooked business and be doing shifty things as he does, it'll be him that is quirky and comedic. I think it could be really neat if done correctly and if they keep some of the macabre and serious scenes (just much less prevalent).

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #243 on: July 25, 2013, 04:37:58 PM »
I can't imagine a show centered around Saul being that great.  He is an awesome supporting character, but to have a whole show every week center around him?  No.

Anyway, I am not sure if I think Walt will live or not.  Mostly, I think not, but then again, given the Scarface analogies that Vince Gilligan himself has made, it's almost like he sees Walter White going down like Tony Montana: in a blaze of glory, after taking down everyone around him first of course.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #244 on: July 25, 2013, 06:39:34 PM »
I'll be disappointed if Walt is the only one left alive at the end, as some here have theorized. He's similar to the character of Dexter in that I can't imagine any satisfying ending not involving his eventual death. It would be kind of anti-climactic if the cancer came back, so I see him somehow getting taken down by Hank or Jesse.

And I agree with Kev about Saul. He's an incredible supporting character, but I have trouble imagining an entire show with him at the center.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.