Author Topic: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)  (Read 154873 times)

Offline Marion Crane

• Smile, you're on MurderTV.
Re: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)
« Reply #175 on: September 04, 2012, 09:25:43 AM »
I'm wondering how Walt is going to explain the book.  Hank obviously is gonna assume it's from Gale.  It will probably play out something like this. 

Hank comes back to the table and makes a comment about how Walt "sure does have some boring ass reading material in his bathroom".  He'll casually mention the inscription.  Walt will say it's from Gretchen.  Hank believes him.  But throughout the next 5-6 episodes there's something he just can't shake about this book.  So, then he compares the handwriting.  BOOM.  Confirms it's Gale.

The real question here is if Hank would actually turn Walt in.  I personally don't think so.  WAlt/Heisenberg is Hank's Moby Dick.  But I don't see Hank turning Walt in when he was right under his nose the entire time.  Too much public damage to his pride.

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #176 on: September 04, 2012, 09:39:51 AM »
Yeah. If Hank turns Walt in at this point, it would be just as damaging for the both of them. That would tear apart the entire family. I'm honestly not sure what direction they will go in. We had that glimpse at the beginning on the season of the future. I'm certainly curious to see how that ties in.

Offline jcmistat

« Reply #177 on: September 04, 2012, 11:39:42 AM »
4 episodes left of Season 3 for me. Been plowing through the episodes, started Breaking Bad 2 weeks ago. Easily the most intense show I've ever watched and in a very good way. Every episode I'm going WTF just happened, are you serious!!!

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #178 on: September 04, 2012, 01:05:14 PM »
4 episodes left of Season 3 for me. Been plowing through the episodes, started Breaking Bad 2 weeks ago. Easily the most intense show I've ever watched and in a very good way. Every episode I'm going WTF just happened, are you serious!!!
Aaaaawwww shit son. Just wait until you see "Half Measures" and "Full Measures"
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #179 on: September 04, 2012, 10:40:57 PM »
Yeah. If Hank turns Walt in at this point, it would be just as damaging for the both of them. That would tear apart the entire family. I'm honestly not sure what direction they will go in. We had that glimpse at the beginning on the season of the future. I'm certainly curious to see how that ties in.

That's a good point, I never thought about the shot to hanks pride if the dea found out it was his brother in law. We did see Walt looking like he was on the run and prepping for a fight (it seemed that way to me) so we don't know why just yet.

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • ţađ besta sem guđ hefur skapađ er nýr dagur
« Reply #180 on: September 05, 2012, 04:11:52 AM »

« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 04:17:40 AM by kári »

You and me go parallel, together and apart

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #181 on: September 05, 2012, 05:54:30 PM »
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #182 on: September 05, 2012, 07:54:38 PM »
That would be a good spoof of an ending.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #183 on: September 14, 2012, 10:01:18 AM »
Quick question.  Are there supposed to be subtitles when they're speaking Spanish?  Last night there was a seemingly important sitdown with Gus, the cartel boss, the old man and the cousins, and since I don't speak Mexican I had no idea what they were saying (I've since found out).  I don't know if it's that my copy doesn't have los subtitulos, or if it's like the Godfather where you're just supposed to infer what's going on.  I noticed this at various other points along the way, but in those instances it was pretty easy to tell what was going on.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #184 on: September 15, 2012, 10:52:26 PM »
Quick question.  Are there supposed to be subtitles when they're speaking Spanish?  Last night there was a seemingly important sitdown with Gus, the cartel boss, the old man and the cousins, and since I don't speak Mexican I had no idea what they were saying (I've since found out).  I don't know if it's that my copy doesn't have los subtitulos, or if it's like the Godfather where you're just supposed to infer what's going on.  I noticed this at various other points along the way, but in those instances it was pretty easy to tell what was going on.

My sister asked the same thing when she watched that episode a couple of weeks ago. No, there were no subtitles.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #185 on: September 15, 2012, 11:11:17 PM »
Quick question.  Are there supposed to be subtitles when they're speaking Spanish?  Last night there was a seemingly important sitdown with Gus, the cartel boss, the old man and the cousins, and since I don't speak Mexican
I know you're joking but damn does that irritate me!

Also, there's a much longer scene coming where that will happen again.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #186 on: September 15, 2012, 11:23:42 PM »
Hey, speaking of irritating Latin America, what ever happened to our Columbian parse? 

And for the record, Mexican actually is becoming a language up here.  We call it Spanglish. 

Came up on another scene tonight, but it was slightly easier to infer.  Gus made a point of saying Hank Shroeder very clearly and pronounced.  Doesn't mater anymore.  Downloaded .srt files for all of season 3. 

Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline SomeoneLikeHim

• The flame is gone
  • The fire remains
« Reply #187 on: October 09, 2012, 06:54:10 AM »
So... I just finished watching all 4˝ seasons and HOLY SHIT this is good. I can't wait for more than half a year damnit!! :sadpanda:
"We can walk our road together, if our goals are all the same
We can run alone and free, if we pursue a different aim"

Offline MetalMike06

• DT.net Member
« Reply #188 on: November 18, 2012, 03:18:28 PM »
Thought I'd bump this thread. My roommate and I just finished watching the first four seasons on Netflix, and damn what a great show. Haven't watched any of season five yet. Is this season holding up pretty good as well?

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #189 on: November 18, 2012, 03:20:20 PM »
Oh yes, it's as amazing as the others and it's gearing up for one hell of an ending. Get on that shit.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline puppyonacid

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #190 on: February 26, 2013, 01:50:53 PM »
I'm ressurecting this thread and I feel no guilt.

In three weeks I've ploughed through all four and a half seasons.

I liked the Sopranos, Band of brothers - caught up with Game of Thrones, and the Walking Dead; but holy moly, to me this show wins it hands down! What a truly epic series.

Brian Cranston is just sublime. Not a shred of bad casting, the script is so good it could have been a radio drama. I'm in love with this series and I wish to have babies with it. Roll on July!
This post was brought to you by Puppyonacid and subsequently ignored.

DTF's resident thread killer

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #191 on: February 26, 2013, 01:54:55 PM »
Couldn't have said it better myself. This show will go down in history for me as the epitome of television drama and what all shows should strive for. It's incredible. I'd like to say I have no worries for the final 8, but I do; I just really hope they keep the pace and the ending does not disappoint. Granted, I have absolutely no expectations because I know whatever it is, it's going to break my heart for the fact that it's over. I hate most television shows, and the few that I do watch I don't really consider amazing, it's just better than most crap. But this is on a different level, I don't even consider it television, it's just an amazingly long, episodic movie to me.

I cannot wait for the final 8!!! And it is about time to start hyping this shit up, it'll be here before we know it. SOON.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #192 on: February 26, 2013, 03:43:03 PM »
I've stayed out of this thread because I didn't watch the show until end of last year (plowed through it all). Damn good entertainment. The series premier really did it for me. The opening five minutes with Cranston blasting across the desert in his tighty-whiteys and gas mask with three bodies sloshing all over the Winnebago sold me on it, where I initially wasn't sure if I'd be interested in it or not, given the premise.

What initially got me interested in it was something I read from that Gilligan fellow about his idea for Walter White. He wanted to take a normal, likable fellow, and see what would happen if he had to turn into a bastard. How would it work? How long would the audience support him before turning on him? Tony Soprano, who kind of started the likeable bad-guy television persona, was always rotten. You liked him, but you knew from the start that he was something of a monster.  In this case, Walter started out as a good, honorable guy with reasonable intentions, but turned into a real POS so gradually that nobody really noticed when it happened. I can say that in my case I found him despicable well before the first season ended, but even then he was still occasionally sympathetic. Fascinating thing, really.
E.F. Benson

Offline puppyonacid

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #193 on: February 27, 2013, 02:34:21 AM »
Yup I totally agree. That's one of the major draws that kept me watching was Walters transformation. What I find most intriguing about it is that it is such a huge transformation and yet it happens so subtly. Gotta give Brian Cranston as much credit for that as anything else.

I'm thinking the series will end like a train with a nuclear bomb on it being driven into a mountain. I think it'll be explosive and full on. And I don't see anything down for Walter White.

I'll bet Jesse is the last man standing.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #194 on: February 27, 2013, 06:57:52 AM »
Walt is pretty much irredeemable at this point, I don't see him surviving the series.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #195 on: February 27, 2013, 08:27:42 AM »
I'll bet Jesse is the last man standing.
Maybe. Given Jesse's blaze attitude towards the whole thing now, it wouldn't surprise me for him to be the lone survivor. That'd be interesting since it was Gilligan's intention to kill him off early as one of Walt's first casualties.

I always assumed it'd be the daughter who gets it, a la Mary Corleone. However, given that it looks like Hank will be his nemesis for the final season, a scenario where the family gets offed in a crossfire is hard to imagine. Jesse, on the other hand. . .
E.F. Benson

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #196 on: March 08, 2013, 07:57:27 AM »
I'm only on episode 6 of season 4, so I haven't read anything in this thread yet.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #197 on: March 08, 2013, 08:50:48 AM »
That joke is getting old fast.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #198 on: March 08, 2013, 09:20:07 AM »
Yes everything about this show is awesome! I too was kind of late, watched episode 1-4 in one stretch last summer. I had to change my pants at the end of episode 8 even though i new the scenario was inevitable, i just didn't know when.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #199 on: March 13, 2013, 10:11:34 AM »
I just finished season 4 on Netflix... My head exploded when we were shown the flower pot and plant at the end. Now I need to get my hands on the first half of season 5!

Offline puppyonacid

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #200 on: July 10, 2013, 03:53:39 AM »
Not long now!

August the 11th from what I can tell.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #201 on: July 10, 2013, 05:05:18 AM »
I can't wait. The preview for the season WW just gets me excited.

Offline Joshin U

• On a wrecking ball to view a fashion show
« Reply #202 on: July 10, 2013, 08:42:07 AM »

Preview?! What preview?! Am I missing something?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #203 on: July 11, 2013, 11:49:31 AM »

Preview?! What preview?! Am I missing something?

Last weekend while AMC was airing all the walking dead episodes there were like teaser previews where they kept showing the Walt Whitman / Walter White part.

Offline SomeoneLikeHim

• The flame is gone
  • The fire remains
« Reply #204 on: July 11, 2013, 03:46:58 PM »
GAAAH! Why did you have to remind me this is coming? I had almost forgotten about it, it still seems like a long time to go... :(
"We can walk our road together, if our goals are all the same
We can run alone and free, if we pursue a different aim"

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #205 on: July 11, 2013, 10:47:39 PM »
Can't wait to see the end of this magnificent series. A part of me will be sad that I no longer have new Breaking Bad to look forward to, but I'll also be happy that it went out on a high point (crossing fingers/hoping for a omgwtfbbq-high-point) instead of just petering out into mediocrity like so many shows.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #206 on: July 12, 2013, 05:17:30 AM »
Agreed. Its better when a TV show determines its end point instead of the TV network.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #207 on: July 15, 2013, 05:52:13 PM »
Just finished episode 1 of season 5! I knew when season 4 ended the security cameras were going to come back and bite them on the dick! I can't wait until I can read through this whole thread. ... And some guy just killed himself on the toilet with a defibrillator  :sadpanda:

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #208 on: July 15, 2013, 06:33:34 PM »
after eating chicken :lol

I watched Season 5 when it aired but I'm watching it again with my girlfriend so she can be ready by August

Offline soundgarden

« Reply #209 on: July 15, 2013, 09:58:21 PM »
Finally caught up so I can open this dam thread.

Not sure how this is going to play out, since taking down Walt will mean taking down Skyler as well...im sure his wife will not be too pleased