Author Topic: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)  (Read 154814 times)

Offline MetropolisWatches

• I&W/Awake/SFAM/6 Degrees
Re: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2012, 06:41:39 PM »
My first thought was actually an EMP, but I'm definitely glad they went with magnets.

You're not alone- that was my first instinct as well.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2012, 11:13:54 AM »
Walts "winning" is definitely getting to his head. The two remarks he made at the end of the episode were very cocky. I wonder if he is going to turn into a disliked character.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 11:48:11 AM by cramx3 »

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2012, 11:30:58 AM »
Not like he isn't toxic right now...
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2012, 01:05:44 PM »
I'd like to see Mythbusters give the magnet a try...

Personally, I don't see it as being two outlandish... I'm assuming that a concrete wall that is 5-6 feet thick (isn't that what Mike said?) would have some sort of steel reinforcing structure (I-beams, steel cable, etc); taking that with the fact that Walt asked for double the number of batteries (just to be sure) maybe the outcome is possible.

Again, I'd like to see the Mythbusters try it.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2012, 09:06:57 PM »
Mikes the man!!!

Walter has developed so much as a character since the beginning.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2012, 11:43:52 AM »
I love Mike!

But seriously, why wouldn't Walter flush down the ricin? It's gonna come back to play on the season most like, but it's the first un-Walt thing he's done, IMO. He can synthesize the poison obviously and it seems like it's not much trouble for him to get his hands on the plant, so why would he leave that lying around?
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2012, 11:58:08 AM »
I love Mike!

But seriously, why wouldn't Walter flush down the ricin? It's gonna come back to play on the season most like, but it's the first un-Walt thing he's done, IMO. He can synthesize the poison obviously and it seems like it's not much trouble for him to get his hands on the plant, so why would he leave that lying around?

I... thought he did? Didn't he originally hide it and then when Jesse's robot found it, he flushed it in the toilet?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2012, 12:03:01 PM »
I love Mike!

I... thought he did? Didn't he originally hide it and then when Jesse's robot found it, he flushed it in the toilet?
As I understood that scene, he switch the real one with salt and hid the ricin in a electric socket in his (Walt's) house then hid the salt one it in the Roomba. Because why would he go through all that trouble if he was gonna get rid of it anyway? Maybe you're right, though.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2012, 12:08:57 PM »
It'll play itself out in the end.

What I wanna know is, why in the fuck did Walt have an M-60 (Is that right?) in the first episode?

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2012, 12:11:46 PM »
I love Mike!

As I understood that scene, he switch the real one with salt and hid the ricin in a electric socket in his (Walt's) house then hid the salt one it in the Roomba. Because why would he go through all that trouble if he was gonna get rid of it anyway? Maybe you're right, though.

You're right, I just looked up the synopsis on wikipedia.

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2012, 01:50:20 PM »
Another great episode. Seems the show can do no wrong.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2012, 09:41:39 PM »
It'll play itself out in the end.
Obviously, they wouldn't have shown him hiding it if it wasn't going to be a plot device for later on. But it's the first time where I've thought "that's not something Walt would do...".

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2012, 01:10:58 AM »
This show is so unbelievably perfect and a goddamn roller coaster of orgasmic proportions. I love it. Madrigal was awesome; every second in the so-called interrogation (HA) scene is hilariously awesome and awkwardly scary, those piglets better watch their asses.

P.S. Walt is so going to explode and die. Leave nothing for his family. He's just...gone. Done.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2012, 07:21:32 AM »
Yea you really got to wonder what the end game is. We see Walt in the first episode buying that gun and we see him keepthe poison as well as show an attitude that he can't be stopped. That last scene when he got into bed with skylar was creepy too. Also when the lawyer said to quit after winning the lottery may be symbolic to what's to come.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2012, 08:10:13 AM »
The 2 most likely end game options, IMO.

1. Breaking Bad is a tragedy. Like in Scarface, Macbeth, etc., we have seen the primary protagonist's ascension into power/control/wealth. Walt is now becoming incredibly ambitious, and perhaps more dangerous, cocky. Probably somewhere close to the middle of the 5th and final chapter, we will see Walter White peak, assuming the role of drug kingpin. He will then crack, and spiral to his demise until the end of the show, eventually dying or being arrested. More likely, his cancer will come back, and kill him. There was one particular scene that was thrown into the 4th season in which he was at the doctor's getting tests done to see if he was still in remission. Later in the same episode, over dinner, Walt Jr. asked what the results were. After a slight hesitation, Walt said he was still in remission. Maybe I'm reading too far into that, but it seemed as if he was withholding some information. Either way, I would not be surprised if the cancer came back and killed Walt just before the end of the show.

2. Jesse somehow dies, and Walt realizes the severity of the circumstances, and retires to live happily ever after.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2012, 08:11:13 AM »
2. is never going to happen.  Walt is going to die and I'm going to enjoy it.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2012, 08:20:54 AM »
2. is never going to happen.

I sure hope so.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2012, 01:34:21 PM »
Just watched the most recent episode... Skylar is such a bitch!  >:(

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #88 on: August 06, 2012, 03:09:05 PM »
Anyone think the ricin hidden in the outlet could find its way into one of Skylar's cigarettes? She was smoking up a storm towards the end of last night's episode.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #89 on: August 06, 2012, 03:15:17 PM »
That's what I'm thinking. Walt is gone. Way gone. That poor bitch; I hate her so much but the actor is doing a fantastic job of showing how a strong-willed woman breaks down in the face of severe violence and stone-cold threats backed by an actual will to follow through. She really can't do anything at all except wait, which is what she's been doing for a while now, but now it is out in the open and that is very dangerous for her. I really like how they showed the whole 'bacon 52' at the beginning of the season; I wonder who that gun is for? I was disappointed that in the room of 15 people I was watching it with, I was the only one who noticed the fact that the beginning of the season starts off a year ahead, I tried for a few minutes to talk about it but no one listened.  :sadpanda: "Hey, anyone notice how at the beginning he was turning 52 and now-"OMG WALT IS SO BADASS HE'S GOT LYKE NO HAIR AT ALL BUT THEN HAS THIS AWESOME GOATEE". Fuckers.

This show is amazing and I really fuggin' hate that this season is split. But that just means more quality episodes (at least it should; hopefully it does) so it's all good. P.S. Goddamn dubstep.

RIP DTP.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #90 on: August 06, 2012, 03:17:27 PM »
I think Walt is going to kill Mike.

and also, I don't see why SO many people hate Skyler. Yeah, she's a bitch, but people think, oh GOD, her husband is involved in all this shit!!!. She should not be upset in the slightest. !!!

GET REAL F00s

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #91 on: August 06, 2012, 06:25:05 PM »
That's what I'm thinking. Walt is gone. Way gone. That poor bitch; I hate her so much but the actor is doing a fantastic job of showing how a strong-willed woman breaks down in the face of severe violence and stone-cold threats backed by an actual will to follow through. She really can't do anything at all except wait, which is what she's been doing for a while now, but now it is out in the open and that is very dangerous for her. I really like how they showed the whole 'bacon 52' at the beginning of the season; I wonder who that gun is for? I was disappointed that in the room of 15 people I was watching it with, I was the only one who noticed the fact that the beginning of the season starts off a year ahead, I tried for a few minutes to talk about it but no one listened.  :sadpanda: "Hey, anyone notice how at the beginning he was turning 52 and now-"OMG WALT IS SO BADASS HE'S GOT LYKE NO HAIR AT ALL BUT THEN HAS THIS AWESOME GOATEE". Fuckers.

This show is amazing and I really fuggin' hate that this season is split. But that just means more quality episodes (at least it should; hopefully it does) so it's all good. P.S. Goddamn dubstep.

WOW, I totally missed that the opener was a year ahead, but I did wonder why he had a full head of hair in beginning. lol

I don't think Skylar is a bitch at all. She's just completely stressed out because her husband has turned into a complete psycho. 

Offline renzdrummer

« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2012, 07:13:45 PM »
Am I the only one that thought the end of the episode with the watch ticking made a sound like a camera taking a picture? I guess some people are saying it sounded like a gun cocking, but my first thought was that Jesse was spying on Walt.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #93 on: August 07, 2012, 07:24:53 PM »
I don't really see that happening  :lol

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #94 on: August 07, 2012, 08:43:28 PM »
Just watched the most recent episode... Skylar is such a bitch!  >:(

Sigh.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2012, 08:53:08 PM »
In my defense, I completely understand that she is justified in going off the deep end. It's just, ever since she discovered Walt's dark side, she has really irked me. I get that she should be angry, upset, and sad... but her way of dealing with that anger has perturbed me quite a bit. Just a couple examples... smoking while she was pregnant, having an affair, etc.

Bottom line, she hasn't dealt with her issues in a manner such that I can sympathize with her. Maybe bitch wasn't the right word choice, but she certainly is annoying IMO.

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2012, 09:10:07 PM »
Walt, for better or worse, is our protagonist. Anyone in opposition to him will likely irk us. He does bad things, though generally up to this point, they have been for good reason. Skylar seems to have no direction with any of the BS she pulls. She's a sad, pathetic character. Walt at least has a sack, as one would need to pull off some of the stunts that he has. It's the same way in which we identify with Tony Montana. There's no denying that by the end, he had gotten to where he was due to his own inflated sense of self-worth, but after you're done shaking your head is disgust, you quickly switch gears to cheering his rapid descent into primal rage. You know he isn't getting out alive, so the thrill is in seeing him take as many adversaries down as possible. Better to ride the ship all the one down then repent at the last minute out of fear. There's something admirable about determination, regardless of how flawed the "hero" is. 

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2012, 09:33:24 PM »
Oh, I totally understand why Skylar is the way she is right now. I just hate her as a person; her personality, her looks, her voice, they all make me wanna go all Jack The Ripper on the bitch. But as to her reactions to Walt: Yeah that's completely 'normal', whatever the fuck that means, but you understand. Or not.

RIP DTP.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #98 on: August 07, 2012, 10:39:56 PM »
In my defense, I completely understand that she is justified in going off the deep end. It's just, ever since she discovered Walt's dark side, she has really irked me. I get that she should be angry, upset, and sad... but her way of dealing with that anger has perturbed me quite a bit. Just a couple examples... smoking while she was pregnant, having an affair, etc.

Yeah, smoking while pregnant is bad.  It's nearly as bad as directly poisoning a child.

And she never had an affair. 

Bottom line, she hasn't dealt with her issues in a manner such that I can sympathize with her.

Whereas Walt has.

Walt, for better or worse, is our protagonist. Anyone in opposition to him will likely irk us. He does bad things, though generally up to this point, they have been for good reason.

This is such a load of bullshit.  When has he ever had a good reason for anything he's done?

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #99 on: August 08, 2012, 05:48:11 AM »
I just find Skylar to be boring as a character. I do not care about her in any way or care what happens to her.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #100 on: August 08, 2012, 08:32:57 AM »

Yeah, smoking while pregnant is bad.  It's nearly as bad as directly poisoning a child.

And she never had an affair. 

Bottom line, she hasn't dealt with her issues in a manner such that I can sympathize with her.

Whereas Walt has.

Hey now, your comparisons between Walt and Skylar are uncalled for. I never said Walt>Skylar. Personally, I don't enjoy either of them as characters right now. At the end of the day though, Skylar is the most annoying IMO.

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #101 on: August 08, 2012, 11:26:17 AM »
Walt, for better or worse, is our protagonist. Anyone in opposition to him will likely irk us. He does bad things, though generally up to this point, they have been for good reason.

This is such a load of bullshit.  When has he ever had a good reason for anything he's done?

He starts making meth to make sure his family has financial security after his fast ascending death.
Did you forget?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2012, 02:06:17 AM »
Yes, but what was his good reason for wanting to kill Gus and poisoning Brock?

I loved the directing on this past episode and that scene between Skyler and Walt was amazing! I feel for Skyler, though she has blame for what she's going through (getting all hellbent on "helping" Walter with the money and stuff).

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2012, 02:49:56 AM »
I said generally. He has made the slow descent. Obviously there's no reason for him to be doing it anymore, but he's gotten the taste for it and enjoys the power and risk that comes with it. There's no turning back for him. But his intentions were once noble.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #104 on: August 09, 2012, 08:19:17 AM »
Walt was provided the opportunity to stop.  He was provided the opportunity to not go this route.  As soon as that mark was passed (episode 5) there was nothing noble about his actions.