Author Topic: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)  (Read 154821 times)

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
  • never give up, never give in
Re: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)
« Reply #385 on: August 15, 2013, 03:46:22 PM »

thought my newest pixel art avatar would fit here
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 10:27:59 PM by Heretic »

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #386 on: August 17, 2013, 07:03:16 AM »

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #387 on: August 17, 2013, 01:25:56 PM »
Love the 'Better call Saul' site.

Lydia will most certain die in this series, but not before she gets back at Walt.

In the garage scene, I could not make out what Hank said to Walt near the end.  Did Hank say he was going to tell Skyler or have Skyler and kids live with him and Marie.

Cannot wait for the next episode.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #388 on: August 17, 2013, 01:42:40 PM »
He just wanted the kids and Skylar to stay with him and Marie; thus far he is probably still ignorant of Skylar's involvement. I doubt that will last much longer though.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline JDW89

« Reply #389 on: August 18, 2013, 04:01:33 AM »
Can't wait for later on tonight! This show is getting so intense.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #390 on: August 18, 2013, 05:37:59 AM »
I think Marie will kill Skylar.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #391 on: August 18, 2013, 07:01:14 AM »
 :lol  :metal

But not after she fucks Flynn.

I am so excited that I'm working the morning shift for once on Sundays. I almost always close and therefore never get to go to the get-togethers my toats BFF has every week. FINALLY I'll be able to catch this as it airs, which for some reason gives me more satisfaction than watching it after the fact (despite commercials). WOOT WOOOOOOT! DO THE JESSE DANCE.

RIP DTP.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #392 on: August 18, 2013, 08:05:23 PM »
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #393 on: August 18, 2013, 08:35:20 PM »
That was fast.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #394 on: August 18, 2013, 09:24:42 PM »
Everything is gonna be fast from here on out. That was another beautiful episode despite the lack of utter jaw-dropping moments; still put the storyline on another line of crack and eyes forward. I love that they showed while Hank is smart, he really has all of jack shit to work on until he can coerce someone. Which is where the tiny WTF moment comes of the ending, foreshadowing that Jesse is there for one reason and one reason only: Hank. I think it's a bluff and that if Jesse gives him anything, it'll be a dead end due to Walt. We shall see, it'll be interesting if he does turn, and that'll be a disappointing turn in Jesse's character to me. I'd like to see Jesse stand on his own and become his own man without succumbing to the po-po he once abhored and swore to destroy.

I loved seeing Hank squirm after his big chest-beating episode last time; I was afraid the writers might make it a bit too easy for him, but once again they have toppled my expectations. This is no game of cat and mouse, it's a fucking Gundam Vs. Godzilla. I'm just along for the ride here on out and loving every moment. Good to see Bill.

RIP DTP.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #395 on: August 18, 2013, 11:54:57 PM »
I love where this is going. :tup :tup

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #396 on: August 19, 2013, 05:44:55 AM »
That was a good episode. I loved how they brought up a lot of stuff from the past.

Offline jsem

« Reply #397 on: August 19, 2013, 05:55:09 AM »
That was awesome.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #398 on: August 19, 2013, 06:07:35 AM »
Great episode last night. I'm really amazed Saul has gotten as deep as he has. Where was Walt Jr.?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #399 on: August 19, 2013, 07:23:40 AM »
Driving around with Louis or something. :lol

When Skyler went to the see Hank I kinda thought she wouldn't give him anything and would be on Walt's side, but what Marie did (even though it wasn't a wrong thing) was officially when Skyseinberg was born.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 07:34:07 AM by Dimitrius »
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #400 on: August 19, 2013, 08:48:48 AM »
Good episode last night!  I haven't posted in this thread before, but I've watched the show since the pilot.  I'm addicted.  A couple things took me by surprise after watching last night.  The first is Todd!  On the outside, he seems kind of dumb.  But he's coordinating his own meth business now using the few skills that walt taught him.  After he and his uncle killed the people in the desert, the uncle says something like: "Alright guys, grab everything and load it into the truck."  Todd is the new cook.  He's a wannabe heisenberg.

Also, the red-headed guy.   He's kind of like a passing character, but he's really brilliant.  He's close enough to know a lot of details, but far away enough where you don't really think about him...  [Edit: Snipped the rest, because I apparently misheard a line of dialogue!]
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 09:29:23 AM by Mebert78 »
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #401 on: August 19, 2013, 08:56:16 AM »
That's not what he said.  He said, "The guy hit 10 guys in a 2-minute window," which was his way of telling Huell, "If we steal this guy's money, he will find a way to kill us."  Granted, they obviously did take a little for themselves (note the looks they gave each other when Walt was loading all of the money into that van), but not enough to where Walt really noticed (or cared, given the panicked state he was in).

Also, I really hope they don't make Todd and his uncle and that crew too big of a part of the ending.  We, the viewers, aren't emotionally invested enough in any of those characters for them to play a major part in the ending, IMO.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #402 on: August 19, 2013, 09:28:16 AM »
You're right about the jail killings, Kev.  My other friend just pointed that out to me.  I must've misheard what was said.  I'm gonna snip my second paragraph above, lol.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline Marion Crane

• Smile, you're on MurderTV.
« Reply #403 on: August 19, 2013, 09:33:26 AM »
I thought what Marie did was totally wrong, morally and legally.  I don't care what suspicions you have about your sister and her family, you can't just take someone else's kid, even if it is your niece.  Hank knew that, and that's why he told her to give her back.

Offline jsem

« Reply #404 on: August 19, 2013, 09:35:15 AM »
Urgh. Lydia is going to have a rough time btw. :lol

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #405 on: August 19, 2013, 09:37:06 AM »
That's not what he said.  He said, "The guy hit 10 guys in a 2-minute window," which was his way of telling Huell, "If we steal this guy's money, he will find a way to kill us."  Granted, they obviously did take a little for themselves (note the looks they gave each other when Walt was loading all of the money into that van), but not enough to where Walt really noticed (or cared, given the panicked state he was in).
Yeah, didn't Walt even said something along the lines of "that's most of it anyway" before Huell and Kuby (I think that's his name) look at each other? Like Walt knowing they took some but not caring enough about it.

Offline Marion Crane

« Reply #406 on: August 19, 2013, 09:40:25 AM »
Yeah he said close enough

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #407 on: August 19, 2013, 09:41:11 AM »
I thought it was pretty funny that he left the lids off, so Walt could "make sure it is all there".  Like he would even be able to tell in those drums.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #408 on: August 19, 2013, 09:56:08 AM »
I thought what Marie did was totally wrong, morally and legally.  I don't care what suspicions you have about your sister and her family, you can't just take someone else's kid, even if it is your niece.  Hank knew that, and that's why he told her to give her back.
Yea but I do think it's easy for use viewers to figure out what's the right thing to do morally, legally when you discard actions based on emotion and fear. She instantly feared that the kids would be in danger having Walt around, she didn't take the kid because she feared her sister would do anything. She was just protective of her niece. That's atleast what I think.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Marion Crane

« Reply #409 on: August 19, 2013, 10:04:34 AM »
Yeah I get that, but being a father of two babies I was like "Oh hell no!!" when she took the baby.  I don't care what the circumstances are....it wasn't her place. 

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #410 on: August 19, 2013, 11:56:58 AM »
I think Todd's crew is going to be unhappy with Todd's product, being only 74% as opposed to Walt's high 90's. I think Lydia and company will try to convince Walt to get back in the business, and he won't want to because he already said he was out and in addition, he has Hank all over his ass. They won't like Walt's answer and kidnap Holly or something, to get him to cook for them.

I don't really know how New Hampshire and the other characters would fit into this, but it's an interesting theory.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #411 on: August 19, 2013, 12:03:56 PM »
Until the show proves otherwise, I'm gonna think that New Hampshire fits because Walt used Hatchie's Quick Vanish.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #412 on: August 19, 2013, 12:05:10 PM »
Until the show proves otherwise, I'm gonna think that New Hampshire fits because Walt used Hatchie's Quick Vanish.

Pretty much!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #413 on: August 19, 2013, 12:12:08 PM »
The problem there is, does Walt now have access to any of his money?  Saul told him the quick vanish guy charged $125,000 per person, so even if Walt wants to bail by himself, does he have that kind of cash easily accessible if he needs it right on the spot?

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #414 on: August 19, 2013, 12:13:12 PM »
The problem there is, does Walt now have access to any of his money?  Saul told him the quick vanish guy charged $125,000 per person, so even if Walt wants to bail by himself, does he have that kind of cash easily accessible if he needs it right on the spot?
I suspect that's where the money in the drums will come into play.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #415 on: August 19, 2013, 12:15:36 PM »
I suspect that's where the money in the drums will come into play.
Or maybe the money he left with Saul. Unless he left just enough to cover lawyer charges.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #416 on: August 19, 2013, 12:16:12 PM »
Okay, but all of that money is now buried, right?

Offline TVC 15

• I was bored before I even began
« Reply #417 on: August 19, 2013, 02:27:37 PM »

It does seem fairly consistent with her kleptomanic tendencies.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #418 on: August 19, 2013, 04:01:28 PM »

It does seem fairly consistent with her kleptomanic tendencies.

Thats exactly what I thought.  I was thinking to myself "well thats where the whole klepto episode may tie into whats going on now" since I thought that was a fairly dumb plot in the series.

Offline puppyonacid

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #419 on: August 20, 2013, 04:37:16 AM »
This is just awesome. it's linked after the above trailer.

Breaking Bad Lego video game. I'd buy it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSUK4WgQ3vk
This post was brought to you by Puppyonacid and subsequently ignored.

DTF's resident thread killer