Author Topic: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)  (Read 154881 times)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)
« Reply #1470 on: October 21, 2019, 08:24:34 AM »
Alaska is a place where people go to die. Not necessarily to blow their brains out, but to run out the clock in peace and privacy. People come and go and the norm is to not pry or get too close. He would have been just another guy looking to move off the grid and wouldn't have attracted any attention in a place where none is given.

Also, Jimmy was able to set up a new life, baking cinnamon rolls, living in an apartment in town, and seeking quality medical care when needed. I think the problem was exclusive to Walt, and since Walt was down to his final months anyway, it made sense to keep him holed up. Walt was a legend. It wasn't just that the law was looking for him, but everybody in America knew who he was. Jesse is the Green River Killer. Walt is Ted Bundy.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1471 on: October 21, 2019, 07:48:38 PM »
Alaska is a place where people go to die. Not necessarily to blow their brains out, but to run out the clock in peace and privacy. People come and go and the norm is to not pry or get too close. He would have been just another guy looking to move off the grid and wouldn't have attracted any attention in a place where none is given.

Also, Jimmy was able to set up a new life, baking cinnamon rolls, living in an apartment in town, and seeking quality medical care when needed. I think the problem was exclusive to Walt, and since Walt was down to his final months anyway, it made sense to keep him holed up. Walt was a legend. It wasn't just that the law was looking for him, but everybody in America knew who he was. Jesse is the Green River Killer. Walt is Ted Bundy.

As if to prove your point...who?? :lol :lol

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #1472 on: November 01, 2019, 03:19:11 AM »
I am one of those people who recognises the quality of Breaking Bad, but never really enjoyed it as much as others seem to. That said, there were some episodes I absolutely loved, so that kept me engaged enough to complete the series. The last two seasons in particular had some amazing episodes.

So, out of curiousity I watched El Camino and... I really ejoyed it! For me it was actually more enjoyable than the majority of Breaking Bad episodes. It did not feel redundant to me and it fit into the series perfectly.

And then I decided to give Better Call Saul a swing and, halfway season 1, I enjoy that even more.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1473 on: November 01, 2019, 05:59:30 AM »
I think people expected Better Call Saul to be good, but I think it still blew a lot of people's expectations. It's way better than I ever thought it would be. I am eagerly awaiting Netflix to drop season 4.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1474 on: November 01, 2019, 08:10:52 AM »
I think people expected Better Call Saul to be good, but I think it still blew a lot of people's expectations. It's way better than I ever thought it would be. I am eagerly awaiting Netflix to drop season 4.

Yep. It’s every bit as good if not better than BB. Love it.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1475 on: November 28, 2019, 08:50:50 AM »
https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-features/el-camino-breaking-bad-interview-vince-gilligan-interview-895479/

Always forgot so far to share this brilliant interview with Vince Gilligan. I love how he admits that the movie El Camino isn't really "necessary", and how he acknowledged that introducing a previously unseen bad guy is not the most correct of choices. He's so self aware and has always the final quality of the product in mind. He's an example for screen writers.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1476 on: November 28, 2019, 09:52:44 AM »
Thanks for sharing, I will check it out. Vince is always a great listen, his commentaries on the BB and BCS series are awesome, he's so level headed, even when he comes up with crazy over the top ideas, he'll listen to his writers and let them talk him out of things that don't make sense. I'm sure it's a very productive and enriching atmosphere to be in. Which is why I love and have loved every single episode of the BB world.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1477 on: September 15, 2023, 06:44:48 PM »
Time flies

On September 15, 2013, today marks exactly 10 years since the premiere of the Breaking Bad episode "Ozymandias." Considered by many as one of the best episodes in the history of television, for some people, possibly the best chapter of a series overall.