Author Topic: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)  (Read 154822 times)

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Re: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)
« Reply #1435 on: October 11, 2019, 10:22:35 PM »
News is coming out just now that Robert Forster has died. :(

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #1436 on: October 12, 2019, 09:52:51 AM »
I read that just after watching the movie last night.

It kind of made his performance all the greater and his death all the more sad  :'(

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #1437 on: October 12, 2019, 09:55:41 AM »
El Camino was good!

About as good of a send off to the Jesse character that one could write. Definitely didn’t detract from the original series (which I was worried about), and in fact provided a nice closure. It also doesn’t waste time throwing around a lot of Easter eggs referencing the original series which is a plus. In the end, nothing mind blowing, but very very satisfying.

Also, Aaron Paul once again provides a stellar, thoughtful performance. I really wish he would do (or had the opportunity to do) more dramatic roles.

unsure how big his role will be, but he is going to be in the upcoming Season of WestWorld

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4W2YNfwLtU

Online faizoff

« Reply #1438 on: October 12, 2019, 09:57:53 AM »
Yeah very sad to learn about his passing. His role in the movie was an excellent addition. The more I think about the movie, the more I'm thinking highly of it. It's obviously not meant to be a standalone movie and definitely needs you to have watched the series. I think it scratched an itch I didn't know I had for the Breaking Bad universe.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1439 on: October 12, 2019, 10:06:31 AM »
I saw that about Robert Forster right after I finished the film.  Crazy timing. R.I.P.

Also, how old did Jesse Plemons look?  He looked like he aged significantly since he last played Todd, not to mention put on quite a bit of weight.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1440 on: October 12, 2019, 10:10:34 AM »
El Camino was good!

About as good of a send off to the Jesse character that one could write. Definitely didn’t detract from the original series (which I was worried about), and in fact provided a nice closure. It also doesn’t waste time throwing around a lot of Easter eggs referencing the original series which is a plus. In the end, nothing mind blowing, but very very satisfying.

Also, Aaron Paul once again provides a stellar, thoughtful performance.

Pretty much this. I enjoyed it.....it didn’t wreck anything from BB.....gave great closure to Jesse and stayed true to his character

Did we ‘need’ this? Probably not....I was personally cool with the ambiguous ending concerning Jesse. But it was nice to see a character who was crapped on the entire show get the happiest ending he possibly could have.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1441 on: October 12, 2019, 11:20:33 AM »
I couldn't wait and I'm watching it now. I haven't finished yet but I just got to... SPOILERS.... the scene where Jesse calls his parents. Movies almost never make me emotional but as soon as Jesse asked them to pick him up at the lake my lips started to quiver and I shed some tears after seeing his mom react and then when he told them they did their best I became a wreck.

That's how I know that not only is this a good film but that Jesse Pinkman is one of my favorite characters in all of entertainment. What a god damn heartbreaking story his life is.

EDIT: Finished. Wow. That was great, I loved every minute of it. I really enjoyed how they fleshed out what happened both during the time gap toward the end of Breaking Bad. Loved the callback to 'the guy' at the vacuum store, I should've expected that coming but the way the scene played out was enthralling. Loved Badger and Skinny Pete, and especially enjoyed creepy Todd and how they fleshed out their relationship, I think I'll go back and watch the series again now since we're still waiting for BCS to come back, and I think this movie will make the show that much better.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 01:12:18 PM by Kattelox »
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #1442 on: October 12, 2019, 06:42:28 PM »
I really liked it - a nice, fun way to get back into that universe, especially since I never got into BCS.  Great to see some of our favorite characters via flashbacks.  And that gunfight in the welding place?   :hefdaddy

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1443 on: October 12, 2019, 06:55:38 PM »
Watched it again with my wife, she loved it.

Now we are wondering if we ever will see Jesse in the future. I don’t think so, but
We still have BCS can he been brought back to that realm?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1444 on: October 12, 2019, 07:02:44 PM »
Honestly, the Mike and Walt scenes felt like fan service, but I am a fan, so there ya go.  :lol :lol

It was cool to see Jesse get more of a happy ending, but you can't help but wonder where his life goes from there.  Even after paying Ed, he should have had more than enough money (that he got from the welding guy) to be okay in that regard for a while, but he's in a new state with no friends, no job, no family, no skills (aside from being able to cook crystal meth), etc.  I get it, he was getting a fresh start where the possibilities are endless, and that was the point, but my mind wanders...:P :lol

Oh, and I am glad that they made a point to air the radio broadcast which stated that Walter White was found dead at the scene, that way all of these silly "maybe Walt didn't die!" theories can finally be put to rest.

Online faizoff

« Reply #1445 on: October 12, 2019, 07:07:36 PM »
I thought Jesse was a possibility to intersect in Sauls's show since Jesse knows crazy 8. I guess if it makes sense for the story he might be there.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1446 on: October 12, 2019, 09:02:00 PM »
I thought Jesse was a possibility to intersect in Sauls's show since Jesse knows crazy 8. I guess if it makes sense for the story he might be there.

Exactly what I was thinking. And for some reason beyond the desire of just giving him a closing as a character they brought Jesse back to fan’s minds. Maybe they want to keep him fresh and then use him on BCS. Of course now we can only speculate and/or wait.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #1447 on: October 13, 2019, 10:22:54 AM »
I really loved it. Nice little send off with some goodbyes, endings, tension and a slice of action. As for the action, while that standoff scene was tense as hell and directed perfectly...while it can be explained away considering they were all super fucked up, I was still like "Okay, he obviously has the other gun in that pocket considering it even looks like he's holding it in his pocket...is no one going to say 'take your other hand out of your pocket!?'". Alas, cocaine and beer are a great combo for inhibition. I mean the fact the guy wanted a standoff in the first place with his friends protesting is a sign of that, but even so, I kind of had a moment there where I was like "reeaallly?". Didn't ruin any of the enjoyment though, it was still super satisfying to see that piece of shit full of bullets.

I love that the final scene is a mirror scene to Jesse's final scene in Breaking Bad except he is at peace and hopeful for the future. Really beautiful goodbye from Gilligan and co. Gonna miss the series since it's more or less officially done unless they have a cameo in Saul which, given the content of the movie, I think is a lot less likely to happen. Counterpart to everyone's somehow assurance or hopefulness that it'd happen eventually. Which, y'know, maybe...I kinda felt that way before the movie. After? Not so much. Which I'm okay with. I'd like Saul's story to be Saul's story.

Both of the very fanservice-y moments, even for being clear fanservice, were very tastefully done and not overly forced or gratuitous. Seeing Mike again in what I think was his final resting place (?) and where Jesse got his idea for Alaska was great; and seeing Walt being a (somewhat) normal Walt and giving Jesse some actual, non-tainted advice was super painful and heart warming at the same time. They were still joking around a bit. Fuckin' Walt...uggghhh the greed is too real.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1448 on: October 13, 2019, 03:10:27 PM »
Watched it. I liked it! A perfect and "realistic" coda to Breaking Bad. No way they could - or probably should - cram into a 2 hour movie all the excitement of Breaking Bad, so I appreciate the moderately slow pace of it, and the realism.

This movie is basically like Rogue One - how the rebels got the plans for the Death star? well, they must have robbed them somehow and fought for it.... was Jesse did after the end of Breaking Bad? he probably went looking for the vacuum cleaner guy and escape to Alaska. Did we really need to know in both cases? maybe not, but it was nice seeing it.

I loved the little touch of realism, like Jessie almost running into the cops, the car being monitored, Skinny Pete's clever thinking with the car switch.... and the scene with Robert Forster (Rip  :( ) was great, of course Jesse didn't remember the exact name of the vacuum cleaner brand... neither did I! that entire scene was priceless, that dude was the king of all poker faces - I'm sure he recognized Jessie from the very second he entered the store, but he kept up the pretense.

It was cool to see Jesse get more of a happy ending, but you can't help but wonder where his life goes from there.  Even after paying Ed, he should have had more than enough money (that he got from the welding guy) to be okay in that regard for a while, but he's in a new state with no friends, no job, no family, no skills (aside from being able to cook crystal meth), etc.  I get it, he was getting a fresh start where the possibilities are endless, and that was the point, but my mind wanders...:P :lol

He was probably set up for some kind of job. Some fake references, no way he gets a new house, a new car and then is just left in the middle of a new town, "go figure something out". After all he has a new social security number, he surely has a backstory created for how he ended up there. He'll find a job somehow, something in constructions maybe, he'll be a quiet guy who'll keep to himself. Eventually he will get close with some people, one night at a bar he will meet a girl, he's gonna start from there. The clean cold air of Alaska will slowly but steadily detox him, wether he'll be a loner or eventually will find some friends and love it's up to anybody's guess, but in time he will be serene and shake off all the psychological remains of his past life.

Now, as a side note - it was beyond weird to see fat Todd, the actor put on weight for Fargo but evidently didn't feel like coming back down so we'll have to close an eye and pretend Todd was fat the whole time  :lol
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #1449 on: October 14, 2019, 04:04:03 AM »
I really enjoyed it. And I appreciated that it was more of a slow burn type of movie than "LETS GO CRAZY". Saw some people complaining online that it wasn't a crazy story about Jesse going to Mexico and becoming a drug lord and a big Scarface-type shootout at the end, and it made me question why some people liked Breaking Bad in the first place because to me it was always about building the tension slowly and then once things happened they were twice as awesome because of the build up.

Don't think it was perfect though, I actually got a bit worried in the first 30-45 minutes or so because I wasn't feeling the flashbacks and they heavily featured a character I was never that interested in (though greatly portrayed) but I get why that character was featured because it sets up a plot element that heavily plays into what happens in the story. But i did really enjoy the middle of the movie set piece in that apartment and I thought the second half of the movie was really a lot of great stuff. The tie-ins we got to Breaking Bad all felt quite natural and I really liked how they weren't made a big deal of, they were just there as part of the story.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1450 on: October 15, 2019, 08:36:55 PM »
So am I the only one that was thinking that Fat Todd was maybe going to bugger him when they went back to the apartment?

For some reason I never connected the vacuum guy with Robert Forster. It's pretty obvious in retrospect, but it just never clicked. I only realized upon hearing of his death and seeing "best known for. . ." I'm really pleased he had a prominent roll in this. I found it a nice sendoff and a wonderful way to appreciate his participation in BB. Glad I waited a few days to get around to it.

I agree with those saying it was completely pointless. It was a story we didn't need. At the same time I'm also a tremendous fan of ars gratia artis. I don't need a movie to fill a purpose. I found it quite enjoyable. If Vince wants to make a dozen more pointless films about tangents and unanswered questions I'll be hugely appreciative. My only problem was a couple of the callbacks. Walter's scene felt flat, as did Apology Girl's. On the other hand Skinny Pete and Badger were wonderful. As were Mike's a Joe's scenes (Joe was a favorite of mine).
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1451 on: October 16, 2019, 02:49:26 AM »
This movie can be seen as a bonus track or an unreleased demo. Did we really need Viper King on Distance Over Time, since it's a song that's completely weird, style-wise, for DT? maybe not, but they did it and they had fun in the studio playing it, so it's there. Either listen the album until Pale Blue Dot, or play Viper King as well.

Same with El Camino, if you're fine with Breaking Bad ending and guessing what Jesse would do, that's it, if you want to find out, you have this movie. And, speaking of "unanswered questions", I'd say this movie is rather an answer to questions we didn't know had to be made.

I assume the general consensus in the fanbase was "Well, probably Jesse will escape to Alaska as he wanted to do", and that's what actually happened, but did we ever stop to wonder HOW? where he would get the money? would the police arriving shortly after catch him or not? how could he get help and who could he trust? this movie explains exactly that, in usual BB fashion.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1452 on: October 16, 2019, 10:54:20 AM »

Same with El Camino, if you're fine with Breaking Bad ending and guessing what Jesse would do, that's it, if you want to find out, you have this movie. And, speaking of "unanswered questions", I'd say this movie is rather an answer to questions we didn't know had to be made.

I assume the general consensus in the fanbase was "Well, probably Jesse will escape to Alaska as he wanted to do", and that's what actually happened, but did we ever stop to wonder HOW? where he would get the money? would the police arriving shortly after catch him or not? how could he get help and who could he trust? this movie explains exactly that, in usual BB fashion.

i was wondering that every day since the finale wrapped up. i wanted to know everything about where he went, how far he got, what happened after that night ended, if he was going to starve or shoot himself or just drive until the tank ran out. the movie actually answered a lot for me, like what happened to him in that time gap between his imprisonment and when walt freed him. or the dynamic between him and todd. notice how he killed todd almost the same way todd killed his cleaning lady? i've been dying to know how those two interacted because todd is such a sociopathic character and i think they used him very well in el camino. i loved knowing that he got one last talk with badger and skinny pete, and mailed a letter off to brock, and actually got his trip with the vacuum guy after all. no love lost for walter white but clearly on his mind given that flashback scene towards the end at the diner. loved that the police were on such a manhunt.

the end of breaking bad was fantastic but if there was one thing i wanted more of it was to see more of jesse's life in that period after they dragged him out from under the car in the desert, and they delivered in spades imo.

my only complaint is that jesse was stupid enough to fall for those two jerks disguised as cops. c'mon man.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1453 on: October 16, 2019, 11:23:49 AM »
like what happened to him in that time gap between his imprisonment and when walt freed him.
What gap? He was in the cage when Walt showed up, wasn't he?

my only complaint is that jesse was stupid enough to fall for those two jerks disguised as cops. c'mon man.
Yeah, calling for your partner with the wrong name, or in this case rank, is the oldest trick in the book. Pinkman should have seen that coming. And the reality was that as soon as he got the two of them together he had no choice but to kill them both or give up. His best bet would have been to buffalo the first guy and then take his chances fighting it out with the other one.

The question I had was why he didn't kill Fat Todd in the desert. The crew was out water skiing for the weekend, and Todd just showed him where all the money was. If he was willing to kill Major Tom, Todd would have been an easy one, and he never would have gotten a better chance to escape.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1454 on: October 16, 2019, 11:26:24 AM »
The question I had was why he didn't kill Fat Todd in the desert. The crew was out water skiing for the weekend, and Todd just showed him where all the money was. If he was willing to kill Major Tom, Todd would have been an easy one, and he never would have gotten a better chance to escape.

Wouldn't that have put Andrea and Brock at risk?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1455 on: October 16, 2019, 11:32:48 AM »

I assumed Andrea was already dead, but I guess we couldn't know. However, he's got a car, a million bucks, a crashpad, and an escape route. I reckon he'd be a lot happier in Alaska with a wife and kid than he will be alone. Moreover, if he was actually thinking this through, rather than acting out of emotion, which is what I suspected, Brock was already in grave risk. The calculations weren't all that complicated.
E.F. Benson

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1456 on: October 16, 2019, 11:33:47 AM »
What gap? He was in the cage when Walt showed up, wasn't he?

the gap between walter leaving for new hampshire and his return. or perhaps i'm mixing up the end of the show, i haven't gone through it in some time - but i don't think they went into much detail about jesse during that time. which is fine, they just didn't have time to spend on it in the show, but i loved in the movie seeing what he was going through and how he and todd interacted while he was held prisoner. i love todd because he's so sociopathic and yet doesn't really act angrily or vengeful or anything, he just treats everything so nonchalantly, and it was almost friendly the way he was treating jesse. so fascinating

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1457 on: October 16, 2019, 12:30:56 PM »

I assumed Andrea was already dead, but I guess we couldn't know. However, he's got a car, a million bucks, a crashpad, and an escape route. I reckon he'd be a lot happier in Alaska with a wife and kid than he will be alone. Moreover, if he was actually thinking this through, rather than acting out of emotion, which is what I suspected, Brock was already in grave risk. The calculations weren't all that complicated.

Yes, Andrea was already dead, killed by Todd, and in the movie when he lets Jesse out, basically the first thing he tells him is that "they'll have to estabilish ground rules", and if he tries to run "then Uncle Jack will have to pay a visit to that kid and it will be out of my control". Basically Jesse lived under the constant threat of "Stay in line or Brock dies as well".

I think the main point of the scene with the gun was to show how broken he was. I was actually unsure what he was contemplating - if he was considering killing Todd, or killing himself. If he offed himself, Brock would have been killed, if he killed Tood, how could he make sure that the nazis wouldn't go after Brock? he could have thought of something, but he was is no mental state to be able to devise a plan, and so he simply gave up.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1458 on: October 16, 2019, 12:50:07 PM »

Yes, Andrea was already dead, killed by Todd, and in the movie when he lets Jesse out, basically the first thing he tells him is that "they'll have to estabilish ground rules", and if he tries to run "then Uncle Jack will have to pay a visit to that kid and it will be out of my control". Basically Jesse lived under the constant threat of "Stay in line or Brock dies as well".

I didn't make out exactly what he said, but I got the gist of it. That pretty much does make Andrea already dead.

I think the main point of the scene with the gun was to show how broken he was. I was actually unsure what he was contemplating - if he was considering killing Todd, or killing himself. If he offed himself, Brock would have been killed, if he killed Tood, how could he make sure that the nazis wouldn't go after Brock? he could have thought of something, but he was is no mental state to be able to devise a plan, and so he simply gave up.
He wasn't just broken, he was absolutely shattered. Still, it seemed there were a few instances where he contemplated making a move. That was his best shot, and he had time to take care of Brock, or ideally take Brock with him on the escape route. He had a good 24 hour headstart on Uncle Jack. He had a lot of options there. Pinkman was actually pretty clever on his feet. I get that he was a basketcase, but had he decided to act he would have worked something out.
E.F. Benson

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1459 on: October 16, 2019, 07:30:18 PM »

As the others were skiing he could have killed Todd, went to his apartment took all the money, drove and pick up Brock and Andrea (in case she was still alive) and went far far far AWAY!!!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1460 on: October 16, 2019, 09:12:11 PM »
I don't think Jesse grabbing Brock and taking off would be so easy, given that he'd be with his grandma or someone.  Not so easy to snatch a kid and disappear, especially since Jesse, despite having his moments, was never the brightest light on the Christmas tree. 

I still find it fascinating that so many people think of Walter as an awful guy, while thinking Jesse (see: murderer, drug dealer, cooker of meth, etc.) was a good guy.  I get that Jesse had moments of regret and showed more of a conscience about awful things they did than Walt often did, but he didn't deserve any more of a happy ending than what he got at the end of BB (killed Todd and being freed).

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1461 on: October 17, 2019, 02:54:56 AM »
I think people feeling sympathy for Jesse was something that grew more as the series went on when Walt got worse and worse, Jesse kinda stayed as more of a flat line morally. Once Walt kinda accepted his role as Heisenberg and started doing bad things with the justification that he had to do it, you could see that contrast in Jesse who always seemed to show remorse and regret.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1462 on: October 17, 2019, 03:01:16 AM »
Indeed, Jesse is a murderer and there's no sugar couting it, but he killed:

- Gale being deeply tormented about it
- Joaquin Salamanca in self defense during a shootout he was dragged in without knowledge
- Todd as retribution for six months of torture and the cold blooded murder of Andrea

Again, he IS a murderer, but his murders, motives and reaction are overshadowed by the number and seriousness of killings that Walter either commited, orchestrated or was responsible of.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1463 on: October 17, 2019, 08:18:24 AM »
I think people feeling sympathy for Jesse was something that grew more as the series went on when Walt got worse and worse, Jesse kinda stayed as more of a flat line morally. Once Walt kinda accepted his role as Heisenberg and started doing bad things with the justification that he had to do it, you could see that contrast in Jesse who always seemed to show remorse and regret.

This. Jesse was always a 'good' person who just made really bad decisions for whatever reason. He tried to hold to his morality and in doing so it tormented the dude non stop. Walt was more than happy to ride his evolution from Science teacher to Drug Kingpin....and as he explained to Sklyar....he liked every moment of it.

Yes, Jesse was a murdering Meth dealer who was on the wrong side of the law but it was easy to feel for the dude since we saw the toll those things took on him. Plus, the dude simply never got much of a break the entire show. Yeah he was making some bad choices but at the same time he was also forced into some things that he didn't want any part of.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1464 on: October 17, 2019, 09:36:44 AM »
I feel like there's also some sadness there with Jesse in how the father/son type relationship with Walt played out. You can tell in many scenes and episodes that Walt is someone he is starting to look up to and wants to impress yet Walt mostly exploits this by asking Jesse to do really awful things and showing very little care for it.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1465 on: October 17, 2019, 10:05:06 AM »
Walt definitely manipulated Jesse on more than one occasion, but it was clear that Walt cared for him and wanted the best for him (there are countless examples throughout the show of Walt showing legit concern for Jesse's well-being).  Heck, even when he gave the initial order for Jack and his men to take Jesse out, following the plaza scene where Jesse mistakenly thought Walt had a hitman there to take him out, Walt made it clear that he wanted it to be a quick death and that Jesse should not suffer.  Only when Jesse "ratted" him out to Hank did Walt's concern for Jesse going out the window, and despite all that, Walt felt awful in the finale when he saw what Jack had put Jesse through, which is why he called an audible and tackled to Jesse to save him before he ignited the gunfire instead of leaving him out in the open to be taken out like the rest.  Walt knew he himself was done, but knew Jesse had suffered enough and wanted him to survive.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1466 on: October 18, 2019, 01:58:09 AM »
...and last but not least, he accepted he did a lot of wrong to Jesse and offered him the chance to kill him, tossing him the gun.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1467 on: October 20, 2019, 02:47:00 PM »
...and last but not least, he accepted he did a lot of wrong to Jesse and offered him the chance to kill him, tossing him the gun.

Well, a part of that was that Walt knew he was going to die that night, so any thoughts of self-preservation were long gone, but he did recognize that Jesse wanted him dead and gave him the option to do the deed, and I love the way it played out, with Jesse refusing to do it, and then the duo parting ways for good with a nod from Walt and Jesse's acknowledgement. 

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1468 on: October 21, 2019, 07:40:51 AM »
I watched El Camino

That movie did very little for me, but I didn't dislike it in anyway. It kind of just felt like an extension of the finale. One thing that really bugged me though was they ending. I can't believe that Jesse gets a new life. He would have been as big of a name as Walter, and the FBI would have been all over him. Walter received strict orders to never leave his cabin way the fuck up in the mountains, but Jesse is basically told "go make a new life for yourself in the general public". He'd be recognized in the first day, I would think.   

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1469 on: October 21, 2019, 08:07:34 AM »
Well, I won't pretend that I think Alaska is an idilliac place made only of snow and postcard scenarios where people live out of civilization, but in real life... how "famous" would Jesse actually be? he's no McVeigh for sure, Walt made sensation because he was a chemistry teacher turned drug lord, but there were "just" two DEA agents killed over it. Would Jesse be nationwide famous as the Unabomber? what's the most similar real life example that could be done, to verify if anonimity in Alaska would be believable?