Author Topic: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)  (Read 156691 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Breaking Bad (**SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT**)
« Reply #1330 on: June 13, 2019, 06:58:52 AM »
Hank just got gunned down, and Jesse and Walt are cooking mad dope. Just waiting to see how Jesse fucks it up this time, the boy has zero common sense man. He'd be dead within a week in real life.

:corn :corn :corn

Woooowwwwwwwwwww....holy shitballs, they just killed the kid, and Walt proceeded to smoke the two dealers. This shit is gonna get fucking UGLY... I can't even say Jesse fucked it up really, he was in the rights and conceded his hand, then they had to go and whack the kid. Not surprised to see Walt protecting Jesse either, can't even begin to imagine where this is gonna go.

What episode are you on? I don't want to spoil anything.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1331 on: June 13, 2019, 07:56:01 AM »
That's gonna be the next to the last episode of S3, Half Measures. Full Measure would obviously be next, but he's blowing through them pretty quickly.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1332 on: June 13, 2019, 07:58:41 AM »
Watching your reactions is making me want to go through this show for the umpteenth time... it just gets better and better from here.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1333 on: June 13, 2019, 08:03:07 AM »
That's gonna be the next to the last episode of S3, Half Measures. Full Measure would obviously be next, but he's blowing through them pretty quickly.

RJ, don't read what I'm typing below......   

What kid is he referring to then? I thought he had to be referring to the kid on the dirt bike that saw the train heist go down. What other kid got killed?

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1334 on: June 13, 2019, 08:08:24 AM »

What kid is he referring to then? I thought he had to be referring to the kid on the dirt bike that saw the train heist go down. What other kid got killed?

Apologies for stepping on EB's toes, but:

The kid is Tómas, the little kid who killed Combo earlier. He works for the two drug dealers, and late at night, Walt saves Jesse by mowing them down with his car.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1335 on: June 13, 2019, 08:10:41 AM »

The kid is Tómas, the little kid who killed Combo earlier. He works for the two drug dealers, and late at night, Walt saves Jesse by mowing them down with his car.

Ohhhhh. That kid! I completely forgot about him. It's been a while since I've watched this series. I need to rewatch it in full now. Great.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1336 on: June 13, 2019, 08:40:02 AM »

Ohhhhh. That kid! I completely forgot about him. It's been a while since I've watched this series. I need to rewatch it in full now. Great.
Yeah. This is the whacking that starts the war between Walt and Gus. When RJ said shit was going to get ugly he was making a huge understatement.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1337 on: June 13, 2019, 09:44:11 AM »
I hate you guys :p

Anyhoo, I'm at S4 EP1... It's getting downright hairy here, I'm very surprised they haven't gone after Walt's family yet....

Yet...

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1338 on: June 13, 2019, 09:45:01 AM »
Maaan you're in for a ride. Season 4 is so good. Curious on your thoughts of the episode "Fly" too. Not gonna say anything about it, just like to hear opinions on that one.

Season 5 is just... *fans self*

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1339 on: June 13, 2019, 09:47:53 AM »
I fucking loved 'Fly'... When the thing lands on Walt's forehead, I about pissed myself. It really served to cement the magic in Walt and Jesse's relationship, showing why Walt chose to save Jesse and whack the two dealers.

And yes, I was referring to the kid that killed Combo

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1340 on: June 13, 2019, 09:49:09 AM »
Man I've got my seasons mixed up. I thought for sure Fly was in season 4. Obviously it's been a while since my last watch.  :biggrin:

One of my favorite moments in any lab scene too...

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1341 on: June 13, 2019, 10:05:35 AM »
Not reading anything because I'm afraid of spoilers, but just wanted to say I'm also watching this for the first time right now. Took like a half-year break after S2 and began watching S3 yesterday. I'm currently on "I fucked Ted" moment.

I'll get back to you after finishing the whole thing I guess.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1342 on: June 14, 2019, 06:13:50 PM »
Watching your reactions is making me want to go through this show for the umpteenth time... it just gets better and better from here.

Same here.

I am about due to re-watch the entire series again...for like the 6th time.  :lol :lol

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1343 on: June 14, 2019, 06:36:23 PM »

Same here.

I am about due to re-watch the entire series again...for like the 6th time.  :lol :lol
I've been picking and choosing specific sequences based largely on what's discussed here. I don't want to invest the time to rewatch the whole thing, but I certainly enjoy refreshing some of the finer points. I did a 40 minute watching of Half and Full Measures he other night. Fantastic.

Speaking of which, I'm absolutely terrible with symbolism. Skimming through the finale the other night I noticed something when Walt has gone back to say adios to his godawful wife. While they're chatting you can see her reflection very clearly in the microwave while smoke from her cig roils all around her. It's way too overt to be accidental, besides which nothing VG does is by accident. What was the meaning? Cunt wife dies in fire?
E.F. Benson

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1344 on: June 14, 2019, 08:34:34 PM »
Tiny type....so tempting...must....resist....

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1345 on: June 15, 2019, 07:02:27 AM »
Barto, that framing wasn't planned. The editor noticed it and told Vince about it.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 07:23:11 AM by faizoff »
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1346 on: June 15, 2019, 11:23:55 PM »
Taking a quick break from this one to plow through S3 of Jessica Jones... be back in a few days lol

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1347 on: June 20, 2019, 11:09:11 PM »
Just finishing up S4, Gus just got whacked in a quite disgusting manner. Seems they've tied up a lot of ends, very curious to where they go with things for S5...

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #1348 on: June 21, 2019, 01:07:06 AM »
Well, when the boss is gone, someone has to step up and fill that void, isn't it?

What did you like more about the downfall of Gus? I loved the music that played through his arrival at the parking lot and him walking alone inside the nursing house. It's a requiem for a villain that you can't help but feel for. You don't know what's gonna happen to him (at least I didn't figure it out - did you?) but you know he's walking to his end. Glorious moment.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1349 on: June 21, 2019, 05:14:18 AM »
I loved how he had to straighten his tie even though he only had half a face.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1350 on: June 21, 2019, 08:10:35 AM »
I dislike that he was able to just calmly walk out like a normal person and straighten his tie and show no visible signs of anguish or even a lot of blood and sinew after literally losing half his face via bomb but it was a great way for him to go.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #1351 on: June 21, 2019, 08:19:27 AM »
After such a brilliant season and show in general, I guess we can all forgive the writers for going a bit over the top. Yes, it was a bit unrealistic to say the least but he deserved a comic book-like sendoff.

And if at all, it was in character for Gus, the ever so polite and calm, tranquil person.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1352 on: June 21, 2019, 08:22:09 AM »
After such a brilliant season and show in general, I guess we can all forgive the writers for going a bit over the top. Yes, it was a bit unrealistic to say the least but he deserved a comic book-like sendoff.

And if at all, it was in character for Gus, the ever so polite and calm, tranquil person.

That's true. Although personally, it's that very last line you wrote that's the crux of the problem for me - I think we saw all we needed to when he broke that character just before the bomb went off, when he roared "NO!" or whatever. Completely unlike Gus, and I think that would've been dope. But yeah my initial reaction to seeing him walk out was to just scream and clap so it definitely worked on me regardless  :lol

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1353 on: June 21, 2019, 08:22:55 AM »
I dislike that he was able to just calmly walk out like a normal person and straighten his tie and show no visible signs of anguish or even a lot of blood and sinew after literally losing half his face via bomb but it was a great way for him to go.
It actually does happen. After plane crashes you'll occasionally see survivors walking around in a daze after being severely burned and generally blown to bits. This is part of the inspiration for Giancarlo Esposito adjusting his tie afterward. People like this are operating at a very low level of consciousness, basically acting out of muscle memory. The fact that they should be in agreat deal of pain just never registers with them.They're pretty much the mall zombies in Dawn of the Dead. 
E.F. Benson

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1354 on: June 21, 2019, 08:27:07 AM »
It actually does happen. After plane crashes you'll occasionally see survivors walking around in a daze after being severely burned and generally blown to bits. This is part of the inspiration for Giancarlo Esposito adjusting his tie afterward. People like this are operating at a very low level of consciousness, basically acting out of muscle memory. The fact that they should be in agreat deal of pain just never registers with them.They're pretty much the mall zombies in Dawn of the Dead.

Yeah but I recall you could see like into his skull through the eye cavity. I get walking around like a zombie after something like that but it just seemed too gruesome and too close an explosion for him to stay so composed and worry about adjusting his tie, there was no twitching or shaking or the slightest bit of concern on his face, so it was a bit too over-the-top cinematic for me. But yeah, I get what they were going for. That's literally my biggest complaint in season 4, and maybe the whole show, so it's nitpicking.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1355 on: June 21, 2019, 08:28:10 AM »
Well, when the boss is gone, someone has to step up and fill that void, isn't it?

What did you like more about the downfall of Gus? I loved the music that played through his arrival at the parking lot and him walking alone inside the nursing house. It's a requiem for a villain that you can't help but feel for. You don't know what's gonna happen to him (at least I didn't figure it out - did you?) but you know he's walking to his end. Glorious moment.

Absolutely! They could not have done any better with the choice of music for that scene.

Just finishing up S4, Gus just got whacked in a quite disgusting manner. Seems they've tied up a lot of ends, very curious to where they go with things for S5...

Don't forget the lily of the valley reveal at the very end. Amazing moment.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1356 on: June 21, 2019, 08:40:55 AM »

Yeah but I recall you could see like into his skull through the eye cavity. I get walking around like a zombie after something like that but it just seemed too gruesome and too close an explosion for him to stay so composed and worry about adjusting his tie, there was no twitching or shaking or the slightest bit of concern on his face, so it was a bit too over-the-top cinematic for me. But yeah, I get what they were going for. That's literally my biggest complaint in season 4, and maybe the whole show, so it's nitpicking.
Well, he wasn't composed. That was the point. He was likely unaware of anything for those final few seconds and everything he did would have been involuntary. Combat veterans will report such things, and there's actually a weird Wiley Coyote effect going on. They're functional until you tell them "dude, you're face is blown off!" Then they fall over and die.
E.F. Benson

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1357 on: June 21, 2019, 08:43:18 AM »
He was definitely composed with how straight and formal he was walking out of the demolished room, taking deliberately measured steps and adjusting his tie like he was looking in a mirror. Again I get why they did it and what they were going for, I just don't think it was that believable because of the immense amount of damage done at close range to his head. But that's just me.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #1358 on: June 21, 2019, 08:57:05 AM »

Well, he wasn't composed. That was the point. He was likely unaware of anything for those final few seconds and everything he did would have been involuntary. Combat veterans will report such things, and there's actually a weird Wiley Coyote effect going on. They're functional until you tell them "dude, you're face is blown off!" Then they fall over and die.

This is definitely true.  I went to high school (and wrestled) with a guy that served in Iraq.  In 2005, he was driving a Humvee and a roadside bomb went off right next to his driver's door.  His left arm was severed at the forearm and he lost both legs.  He's actually a national spokesman for a rehab/wheelchair company now and has acted in a number of movies and tv shows - his story is incredible.

He was on the ground and came to just after the explosion while his team in the Humvee was attending to his injuries and tying tourniquets.  He went to look at his legs and his guys pushed him back down and said "don't look."  He raised his arm, saw the severity of the injury to his hand and then passed out.  He woke up next back home at Walter Reed in the US.  He had to register his injury in his brain before he actually passed out for good.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 09:02:22 AM by Grappler »

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1359 on: June 22, 2019, 10:48:07 AM »
Cooking dope in a tented house....fucking genius... :hefdaddy

So I went on a google search to see if there was any history of it being done, and came across a story of a woman who cooked it inside a Walmart because she couldn't afford the ingredients anymore. They busted her after six hours. Fucking tweekers  :rollin

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2015/03/meth-labs-in-walmart-pretty-common.html

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1360 on: June 24, 2019, 09:05:40 PM »
Just passed the halfway point of the last season, and holy shit is this thing headed for epic. If only GoT had put this much effort into their finale, the fuckers.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1361 on: June 24, 2019, 09:26:33 PM »
Just passed the halfway point of the last season, and holy shit is this thing headed for epic. If only GoT had put this much effort into their finale, the fuckers.

I remember literally biting off all my nails every Sunday watching a new episode of Breaking Bad during season 5. So you're on the last 8? Man. Dude. Bro. I'm so excited for you.  :lol

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #1362 on: June 25, 2019, 01:02:39 AM »

Back in the time also Dexter was on its final run, and the difference was abysmal.  Breaking Bad was getting better and better and Dexter was getting worse and worse.

Of course I won't spoil the ending but I'll just say that my scale for judging series finales goes from Dexter to Breaking Bad. GoT veered dangerously towards Dexter territory.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1363 on: June 25, 2019, 06:08:35 AM »

I remember literally biting off all my nails every Sunday watching a new episode of Breaking Bad during season 5. So you're on the last 8? Man. Dude. Bro. I'm so excited for you.  :lol

I wish I could be there watching it with RJ.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1364 on: June 25, 2019, 09:55:13 AM »
Should I live stream it?  :P