Author Topic: Foundation on Apple TV  (Read 4092 times)

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Foundation on Apple TV
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2023, 09:39:48 AM »
It is a pretty nuanced and detailed series……the long layover between seasons didn’t help at all. I may binge them both back to back in a few months.

That being said…..I love the show. It’s really well done….the acting, characters, settings…..all good stuff. Bummed it’s over now and another long wait ahead.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2023, 09:41:35 AM »
Yeah, the long wait really sucks.  All these seasons ending now leave a big question mark as to when we will get to see them again.  The last couple episodes of this season were wild though.  So much unfolded for us viewers.

Online WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2023, 10:18:59 AM »
According to a recent interview I listened to over the weekend with Goyer, while a 3rd season is fully mapped out, they have yet to get the official 'green light' from Apple.

I would massively bummed if this show doesn't get the proper run it deserves, but after everything that went down with The Expanse, I will hold out hope that even if Apple passes, we won't wind up with another Firefly.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2023, 10:58:58 AM »
According to a recent interview I listened to over the weekend with Goyer, while a 3rd season is fully mapped out, they have yet to get the official 'green light' from Apple.

I would massively bummed if this show doesn't get the proper run it deserves, but after everything that went down with The Expanse, I will hold out hope that even if Apple passes, we won't wind up with another Firefly.

I can’t imagine this wouldn’t be re-upped by Apple. It seems to be pretty popular. But, who knows these days?

It would be crushing for this not to get its full due.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2023, 12:07:44 PM »

I can’t imagine this wouldn’t be re-upped by Apple. It seems to be pretty popular. But, who knows these days?

It would be crushing for this not to get its full due.

I feel the same way, but you are absolutely correct when you say 'who knows?'

I can't imagine how much easier it would be for the creative team if Apple (or whoever) would guarantee a show like this 3 or 4 seasons. I mean, the 'wait and see' model is fine for sit-coms, but a show like this needs time to breath and develop, and sadly, the streaming platforms are just not in the business of being patient.