Dream Theater > Concerts and Set Lists

2011-07-17 - Coliseu do Porto - Porto, POR

(1/6) > >>

The Silent Cody:
Tonight show starts at 21 PM EET time. Great venue, there You have link, I have no possibility to paste some pictures in here today.

https://www.coliseudoporto.pt/

Some Guys from Portugal? ;) wonder if today will be Metropolis... ;)

SjundeInseglet:
I'll be attending this show (my fifth DT gig since 2000) so I'll post about it here later today. I'm really, really looking forward to it too. Love that the band's sounding so tight (something tells me that it has a lot to do with the fact that the song tempos are closer to the ones on the albums) in all the recent youtube clips. And I truly dig how beautifully Mike Mangini meshes with the rest of the band. I'm sure I'll have a blast. Bring it on...

The Silent Cody:
Well hello :) We are counting on quick news ;) have a good show !!! :metal

AnotherWinner:
Hi (first post :D)!! I was at this show. It was really awesome :D the setlist was very similar to the ones from previous shows:

1. Under A Glass Moon
2. These Walls
3. Forsaken
4. Endless Sacrifice
Drum Solo
5. Ytse Jam
6. Peruvian Skies
7. The Great Debate
8. On the Backs of Angels
9. Caught In A Web
10. Through My Words
11. Fatal Tragedy
12. The Count of Tuscany

(I don't really consider The Count of Tuscany as an encore. They just skipped to this song right away after Fatal Tragedy)

The show was great. The crown was insane (LaBrie said it himself)!!! Mangini lost a drum stick in the middle of the drum solo. LaBrie almost skipped the intro of Peruvian Skies when he started singing too soon. But these things happen :P This guys are really amazing! So good to get to see them again :D

I'm only "disappointed" they didn't play LtL/Metropolis :( ...

SjundeInseglet:
Setlist:

1. Under A Glass Moon
2. These Walls
3. Forsaken
4. Endless Sacrifice
Drum Solo
5. Ytse Jam
6. Peruvian Skies
7. The Great Debate
8. On the Backs of Angels
9. Caught In A Web
10. Through My Words
11. Fatal Tragedy
---------------------------
12. The Count of Tuscany

Just got home from the show. It was great, as expected.

DT is truly sounding (and looking) like a cohesive unit (everyone seems to be having a lot of fun on stage, particularly John Myung... and they all make eye contact with each other regularly throughout the set).

LaBrie was in top form and he sang all the material perfectly (I never caught him in one of his infamous bad days but he was extremely good today... he smoked "Caugh in a Web") . He really upped his game as a performer/entertainer too (always running around stage and getting the crowd going... he even commanded it with his microphone poll at the end of "These Walls").

The venue (whose acoustics are pretty dreadful) was packed and everyone seemed to be into it too (clapping, chanting and making a whole lot of noise).

Mike Mangini was excellent (I was rooting for Minnemann during " The Spirit Carries On" episodes but I've really warmed up to Genie and I'm really, really glad he's in the band... he seems like such a nice, warm guy and he's a monster drummer... plus he gets the music and he genuinely seems to be having the time of his life with DT) and well received by the fans (who even chanted his name loudly two different times during the show.... that really warmed me up).

By the look of it I'm kind of sure DT's future record sales will be just fine (which is a very good thing). The fans aren't giving the sans MP DT a hard time (thankfully) and everyone seems to be enjoying the new, revamped and rejuvenated DT.

I'm just a tinsy little disappointed that we didn't get either "Metropolis" or "Learning to Live" (especially because the crowd was great and LaBrie even commented that they always get a great, energetic reception when they play here) but I guess the "Images and Words" songs are a bit taxing on James' voice so (like he stated before) they can't play them too often... still, I would have loved to hear either one of them (though I already got to see those two songs live before... It's just that I was looking forward to hearing Mangini kill on them).

All in all it was a great show. DT is on fire and everyone must catch them live this time around. It's well worth it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version