Author Topic: Road rager followed me home last night (nsfw words are said)  (Read 7463 times)

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Road rager followed me home last night (nsfw words are said)
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2013, 02:49:53 PM »
Might as well share a similar story from a month ago. 

A group of friends and I were headed to a fast food place in two separate cars.  I was driving alone, following behind.  I follow them into the parking lot when a giant white van pulls out of a parking spot to my left.  I'm already in the parking lot and clearly have the right of way (he would have hit my tail had he continued).

He brakes suddenly as he realizes I'm there, and honks for a couple seconds.  Absentmindedly, I flip him off and continue to my parking spot straight ahead.  After parking, I hear an engine roar, and this guy has blocked me off from behind and starts screaming at me, "You flipped me off motherf***er!?  I turn and look and since I'm trapped, with the windows closed, I just look at him like he's crazy.

After a few more seconds, he speeds off out of the parking lot, screeching tires at every turn.  When he hits the main road by the restaurant, he yells out, "F*** you, asshole!"

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2013, 03:07:49 PM »
Were you wearing a "tapout" shirt?

I don't care how old it is, I want to zombie-bump this thread to point out that this may be one of the greatest stupidest things ever said on the internet.   :rollin

FTFY

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2013, 04:25:38 PM »

I don't care how old it is, I want to zombie-bump this thread to point out that this may be one of the greatest things ever said on the internet.   :rollin
Ah, yes.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2013, 04:46:02 PM »
Reminds me of some recent road rage I had.

I merged on to a busy highway, route 1 in NJ, and I was behind a slow truck in the right lane. So I look and see a guy in the distance behind me in the middle lane. I can tell he is speeding really fast ~70 in 50mph area but I see that if I don't switch lanes now, I won't have a chance for a bit so I turn my blinker on and make the move. I move to the middle lane easily and a second later the guy is up my ass and I can see him flipping out in his car from my mirror. BTW, I'm going 60at this point. So me being of a dick, I give him the bird. He sees me and then changes lanes and speeds up so he is next to me with both our windows down yelling at me to pull over so he can fight. So I just say "suck my balls fag" and drive off. But quickly realize that I live right off the next exit and he might follow me now. So I wait to my exit, time out right, and cite across from the middle lane so he has no time to follow me.

Offline Cable

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2013, 06:52:19 PM »
Did he look like Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers?

rumborak

I lol'ed

---

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2013, 07:11:39 PM »

I don't care how old it is, I want to zombie-bump this thread to point out that this may be one of the greatest things ever said on the internet.   :rollin

That's funny.  I was in a store the other day and saw some Tapout shirts, and immediately thought of that quote after probably not thinking about it once since it was posted.  But for some reason, I misremembered and thought you said it.  :lol
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2013, 09:54:15 PM »

I don't care how old it is, I want to zombie-bump this thread to point out that this may be one of the greatest stupidest things ever said on the internet.   :rollin
FTFY

Damn, Slade, you sure do know how to piss on a man's parade.

That's funny.  I was in a store the other day and saw some Tapout shirts, and immediately thought of that quote after probably not thinking about it once since it was posted.  But for some reason, I misremembered and thought you said it.  :lol

:rollin  Outstanding!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 10:21:41 PM by Sir GuitarCozmo »

Offline ddtonfire

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2013, 11:48:29 PM »
As long as you're prepared to be rear-ended, it's great to downshift to ward off tailgaters. You lose several MPH instantly with no brake lights. If they don't hit you, they usually get the picture quite suddenly that they're a bit too close.

Flipping the bird or yelling only adds fuel to the fire.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2013, 08:47:16 AM »
Road ragers are stupid, and that includes those who respond aggressively to them.  You're best to just ignore them and carry on like nothing happen.  Then again, I am a pretty calm person without much of a temper, so it is easy for me.

I stand by this.  Giving someone on the road the finger cause they cut you off or did something you didn't like is the vocal equivalent of FU, which is like the least clever response ever.  A friend's husband did that a few weeks ago to some guy, and before he knew it, the guy pulled a gun, started waving at him and was following him.  The husband was smart enough to drive to a police station which was nearby, which made the guy with the gun take off like a bat out of hell in the other direction, but still, that just showed how stupid it is to give someone the finger or even honk at them.  It ain't worth it.