Author Topic: Road rager followed me home last night (nsfw words are said)  (Read 7461 times)

Offline Nigerius Rex

• Thats Mr. Doctor Professor Patrick
Pretty interesting situation developed yesterday evening.

I was taking my woman to my place when I see this gigantic white suv in front of us stopped at a green light blocking the intersection. You can see the driver doing something and because this happens occasionally out of habit I honked the horn for about half a second second to let him know that he was holding up traffic and to pay attention. He turns around and flips me off, and mouths to my woman that she is a cunt and starts off down the road.

Stupidly I let the rage flow. I speed up behind him and held my horn right on his bumper for about 20 seconds. He then stopped in the small of the an intersection turn off, right where the crosswalk meets the main intersection and blocked the road once again. So, he hops out of his car in the middle of said intersection, and reacting I pop the car into reverse, roll back a bit, and honk at him again. He hops back in his car and keeps driving.

He pulls to the side of the road and waits for two cars to pass him including me before following me. I made a couple of odd moves to really test it and he was definitely following me (I have zero intention of giving him the chance to try a physical assault). So he follows me to my street and I decide to lead him through the streets and not actually stop at my house because If I do then a physical confrontation will be imminent and he would know where I live.

When we hit my street I told my woman to call 911. He pulls up next to us at a stop sign and starts swearing and telling me he is gonna kick my ass and I return some words and tell him we are on the phone with the police. He speeds off and I tell dispatch there is no longer an issue.

Edit: Not trying to showboat, just an interesting event. Excuse the fuck out of me for trying to have some fun with it.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 04:38:25 PM by Nigerius Rex »

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Road rager followed me home last night (nsfw words are said)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 02:14:27 PM »
Were you wearing a "tapout" shirt?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 02:16:02 PM »
:lol One of them had to be.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 02:20:58 PM »
Did he look like Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers?

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 02:29:12 PM »
By the way, I really hope that's a copypasta or something, because if it isn't then it makes you look realllllllllllllllllllllllllly bad.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TheMadgician

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 03:22:05 PM »
Know what's fun? Ride in the car of a friend who has both incredible road rage and incredible car control. Every outing's an adventure.

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 05:42:31 PM »
why did i read all that
space cadet, pull out.
The only thing I enjoy more than Frengers is pleasing myself anally via the prostate.
"From my butt, I can see your house..."

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 05:44:01 PM »
why did i read all that

I think it's more of a question of why he shared it.

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 06:02:23 PM »
You never know who people are.
Careful son.
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 06:16:35 PM »
You're so cool I wanna have your babies.

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2011, 06:20:49 PM »
Know what's fun? Ride in the car of a friend who has both incredible road rage and incredible car control. Every outing's an adventure.

This sounds fun :metal
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2011, 06:23:21 PM »

It sounds just like riding in my grandpa's car.  Except with him, subtract any sort of control over the car.   :lol

Offline PetFish

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2011, 06:47:06 PM »
Not cool at all.  I hate idiot drivers and ragers just as much as anyone but it's the OP who is a raging fool for instigating this and now bragging about it and I don't know why people here even think he's cool.

You honked, he flipped, that should have been it.  YOU'RE the one who took the risk by tailgating and honking for 20 seconds and look what happened... yeah, you called the cops and came out the "winner" but what if he had done more?  If he had friends show up on this chase or even if there were more in the back of the SUV and beat you and your girl and stole your phone for no Youtube then how would you feel?

Super dumb move on the part of the OP and now he's being seen as some sort of hero?  He got lucky.  What a world.

Offline Blazinarps

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2011, 06:48:27 PM »
Sooooooo. You put yourself and gf in real danger because someone made you wait a few seconds (something i'm sure you've NEVER done to someone else), you taunt the guy further, have to cry to the police to bail possibly bail you out of a situation YOU CREATED, and you want sympathy? Or am I misunderstanding?

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2011, 06:56:58 PM »
Not cool at all.  I hate idiot drivers and ragers just as much as anyone but it's the OP who is a raging fool for instigating this and now bragging about it and I don't know why people here even think he's cool.

You honked, he flipped, that should have been it.  YOU'RE the one who took the risk by tailgating and honking for 20 seconds and look what happened... yeah, you called the cops and came out the "winner" but what if he had done more?  If he had friends show up on this chase or even if there were more in the back of the SUV and beat you and your girl and stole your phone for no Youtube then how would you feel?

Super dumb move on the part of the OP and now he's being seen as some sort of hero?  He got lucky.  What a world.

space cadet, pull out.
The only thing I enjoy more than Frengers is pleasing myself anally via the prostate.
"From my butt, I can see your house..."

Offline TheMadgician

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2011, 07:01:30 PM »

Guy tail gated him with his high beams on on the interstate. So he break checked him a few times until the guy got pissed and passed him. So then he proceeded to follow him pretty close while flicking his highs for like 15 minutes.

At this point, the interstate becomes one lane due to construction happening in the area (construction was halted for the night, but the right lane was still closed). So this guy nearly side swipes him to get into the left lane. And it's not like it was a last minute thing. There was no one behind us, and there was plenty of time to get over. Guy was just a dick. Obviously, he's not happy about this. So he tail gates the guy, with his highs on, prepared for every break check the guy throws at him. When we get back to two lanes, he passes the guy and break checks him until the passes. Where he rides the guy with his highs again. This continued for about 3 or 4 miles until the guy gets off at the exit.

Of course, my friend follows him. Pull up beside him, I roll down the passenger window, we flip him off, etc. The guy looked to be about 19 and had a mix of anger and fear.

So the guy goes his own way, we get back to the on ramp and drive a bit. And lo and behold, we find the same guy who had originally tail gated him. So he turns the brights right back on.

Adventures are fun.

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2011, 09:12:39 PM »
And I want to be a semi-truck driver?  I have to share the roads with these guys  :P
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2011, 09:26:42 PM »
I think doing anything after he flipped you off was probably a bad mood. Regardless of your intentions, you didn't pull him up to your usual classy level by doing this. You let him pull you down to his douchey level.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2011, 10:19:07 PM »
Around here, you pull shit like that, there's an even chance that the other guy's gonna pull out a gun and just shoot you.  No way in hell I'm gonna risk that with my wife and/or kids in the car.

Seriously, you are always better off just letting it go.  There are psychos out there.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2011, 05:05:48 AM »
Yeah, people are fucking crazy. I've had dudes try to run me off the road and whatnot (for shit that was not my fault, I might add).. but none of this ever stops me from throwing in a honk or a friendly middle finger where I feel it's deserved. Like the moron today who cut me off in the left lane, then slowed down 10 MPH only to cut all the way over to the right two minutes later. Wtf?

Usually, though, when someone gets REALLY mad, I just smile and wave.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline El JoNNo

• EMOTRUCCI
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2011, 07:12:25 AM »
Did he look like Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers?

rumborak

Fuckin' Needles!

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2011, 08:30:19 AM »
Dude...don't mess around with that shit.  One person is dead and the other critically wounded (shot in the face) as the result of an extremely similar incident the other night, about 75 yards up the street from my apartment (and I live in a good neighborhood).
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2011, 08:38:34 AM »
Road ragers are stupid, and that includes those who respond aggressively to them.  You're best to just ignore them and carry on like nothing happen.  Then again, I am a pretty calm person without much of a temper, so it is easy for me.

A few weeks ago, I was pulling in my apartment complex, and I noticed two guys were yelling at each other (the guy who was making a left didn't yield and tried to cut in front of the guy going straight), and right before I made the right and pulled in, one of the drivers did a U-Turn and was gonna chase after the other guy.  Idiots. :lol :lol

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2011, 12:13:26 PM »
Speaking of random violence, I actually saw my first proper bar fight yesterday in Nice (France). Started in a cafe and initially all we noticed was a small group of agitated men, but then the fists started flying, and since that apparently wasn't effective enough, they took the wooden chairs and smacked them Hollywood-style over each others' heads. Never seen anything like it. One guy was sitting afterwards in said cafe, bleeding onto the tile floor.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2011, 04:22:37 PM »

Oh.  My.  God.

This may be one of the greatest responses ever on this forum or any other.  Very well done, sir.  :clap:

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2011, 04:48:14 PM »

Stupidly I let the rage flow.
Next time you see your therapist, make this issue number one.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2011, 05:20:40 PM »

Best part of this post is the assumption that he's already seeing a therapist.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2011, 06:35:55 PM »
Did you make "your" "woman" make you a sandwhich after that? ::)

Offline PetFish

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2011, 06:45:39 PM »

Really?  What tone of my post would make you think I wasn't serious?  OP put himself and g/f in danger for what reason?  Just to be a dick it seems.  And if you want me to say it then here it is: I am serious.

Road-ragers like the OP and his target need to have their licenses suspended (if any witnesses) and also need to take a hard look at their attitudes and emotions cuz their might be other issues.  If they think they're safe behind the anonymity of their vehicles and have free reign to act like intimidating bullies then I feel sorry for them.

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2011, 06:54:54 PM »

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2011, 07:02:37 PM »

Oh.  My.  God.

This may be one of the greatest responses ever on this forum or any other.  Very well done, sir.  :clap:
Pretty much this.

Also, NR, please don't try this again.  I would hate to have anything happen to you.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline William Wallace

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2011, 10:23:42 PM »
:lol
That's the perfect summation of "that guy."

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2011, 11:33:07 PM »

Best part of this post is the assumption that he's already seeing a therapist.
Takes one to know one.  :tup

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2013, 02:26:20 PM »

I don't care how old it is, I want to zombie-bump this thread to point out that this may be one of the greatest things ever said on the internet.   :rollin

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2013, 02:29:54 PM »
Haha I saw the word road rager in the latest post thing and instantly thought of that post. Didn't know it was the same thread. :lol