Author Topic: First step in the return to security normalcy?  (Read 1424 times)

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: First step in the return to security normalcy?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 01:53:00 PM »
I'll be interested in actually seeing the details.  I'd be willing to bet that extra information includes quite a bit of biometric data.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 07:00:14 AM »
Every time someone continues Harding's mistake of using the "word" "normalcy" the terrorists win.  Just thought I'd let you know. 

I'm with Barto that I'd actually like to see the details.  I got the "pat-down" for the first time on the way home from Connecticut on July 4th (on the way up they didn't do it).  It was kind of ridiculous and invasive just like I thought it would be.  This is even after the scan didn't show anything in my pockets.  Also, the TSA lady made sure to let me know that they had to make sure my jelly beans and gum weren't poisonous or explosive.  This was all in the Connecticut airport.  Honestly, it was empty so I think they just needed something to do to keep busy.  Point is I don't like the TSA (especially since they have "customer feedback" cards now.  Wrong.  I am not a customer of the TSA.  The TSA is forced on me.) and anything that keeps me from doing that pointless crap again would be helpful, but I'd like to see details.

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 08:04:16 AM »
Right, I'm giving in to terrorists by using the word "normalcy".  Gimme a break huh?   ::)  Normalcy just implies the way things used to be before 9.11 and our upped security measures.  What this article shows is that TSA is at least starting to entertain the idea of backing off.  It's just the first step.
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 08:15:56 AM »
The problem is that we'll never get back to pre-9/11 days--not even close.  They'll give us plenty of small steps in that direction, but nothing significant.  As I've always said, the point of all of this theater is to make it perfectly clear that The Man is in charge.  There are examples of this all over the place.  After people have finally gotten that drilled into their heads, then they can start giving us little baby steps back toward the pre-911 days, and people will think it's a great deal, but only because they've gotten so used to the way things currently are.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 08:52:47 AM »
Right, I'm giving in to terrorists by using the word "normalcy".  Gimme a break huh?   ::)  Normalcy just implies the way things used to be before 9.11 and our upped security measures.  What this article shows is that TSA is at least starting to entertain the idea of backing off.  It's just the first step.

Just joking dude.  But you're using a word that our worst president made up, so by following his example you're letting the terrorists win. :biggrin:

As usual, El Barto makes another solid point.

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 08:56:22 AM »
The word Normalcy was not just made up.  It's been around since 1857 according to Webster dictionary, so not sure what you're talking about.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 06:21:31 PM »
Maybe he thinks Buchanan was the worst president.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 08:42:40 AM »
There has been 25,000 security breaches at airports since 2001.  What security?
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 11:13:09 AM »
Plus I figured out years ago and extremely easy and simply of way of getting tons of sharp weapons past security, such as knives, throwing stars etc.
fanticide.bandcamp.com