Author Topic: 2011-07-04 - Dead End Road To Roma - Rome, IT (AUD)  (Read 8707 times)

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
2011-07-04 - Dead End Road To Roma - Rome, IT (AUD)
« on: July 13, 2011, 09:44:19 AM »
Here it is, finally!

The bootleg you have been looking for for quite a while, featuring the first ever Dream Theater performance with Mike Mangini behind the kit!

Some useful and interesting data:

Artist: Dream Theater
Title: Dead End Road to Roma
Date: 2011-07-04
City: Rome
Venue: Ippodromo delle Capannelle

Taped By: Steve (orphaeusest)
Mastered By: BobS
Artwork By: wasteland

Lineage: Olympus DM550>Mastering>48khz to 44khz   
Format: FLAC
Discs: 2CD

Setlist:
Disc One
1. Intro (1:50)
2. Under a Glass Moon (7:35)
3. These Walls (7:37)
4. Forsaken (5:35)
5. Endless Sacrifice (11:36)
6. Drum Solo (4:54)
7. The Ytse Jam (5:51)
8. Peruvian Skies (6:52)
9. The Great Debate (14:19)

Disc Two
1. On the Backs of Angels (10:02)
2. Caught in a Web (5:42)
3. Through My Words (2:01)
4. Fatal Tragedy (6:17)
5. The Count of Tuscany (21:18)
~Encore~
6. Learning to Live (12:44)

Notes:

Here it is, the very first Dream Theater show with Mike Mangini behind the drum kit. The show was taped with a voice recorder and so it is unfortunately the quality is not very good. However in a transatlantic effort BobS has made a good improvement on the raw recording.

There is moments on the recording that are better and worse, phasing here or there due to movement, wind, or the recorder being moved, but there are no major anomalies to report, and the entire show is present.

I've simply acted as a contact to various parties involved and have compiled the information and the show, and it's been awesome to help on such a historic show such as this one!

Please do not sell this show or convert to lossy formats.

Nickeh (www.nickeh.com)
Italian Voices (www.dreamtheater.forumcommunity.net)
DTF (www.dreamtheaterforums.org)

First of all, I wish to thank Nick for being extremely kind and understanding, and of course DA MAN himself, the huge bobs23 who took a low quality raw stram (if I told you why was the stream Low-Q you would laugh at me for life!) and made it blossom into a very sounding bootleg. Big props to him, he's been amazing!

And of course, I would like to show you my (little) share of the cake: the front cover I made for this record (it was already posted a while ago, but what the fuck  :lol):

At the moment, I have only managed to upload the show on dimeadozen (need to buid some ratio), but in a few days direct links to the show will be provided here for the joy of y'all!

Well, at this point all that is left for me to say is:

"Please, enjoy this little present from us, forgive us if you wished for something bigger or better, and most of all, keep the Dream alive!!"

:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline jmarkwilson

Re: 2011-07-04 - Dead End Road To Roma - Rome, IT (AUD)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 09:55:45 AM »
Downloading now.Many thanks.

Offline MajorMatt

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 10:24:36 AM »
Thanks a bunch man, will start downloading shortly!

Offline jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ille qui nos omnes servabit
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 11:13:46 AM »
Thanks!!!!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 11:23:24 AM »
Downloading now :tup

Thanks Waste, Nick, & Bob!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 11:59:49 AM »
Thanks, downloading now! :tup
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 12:37:38 PM »
thanks, ill download this when i get home

Offline wwetzels

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 12:58:27 PM »
Thanks. Will download it right away when I'm back from vacation

Offline purpleplanet10

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 01:03:58 PM »
downloading this now.. thank a million!

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 01:04:48 PM »
Will get this tonight after work!

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 03:36:25 PM »
Downloading!!! Thank You Wasteland!!! :tup

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 05:54:11 PM »
just finished downloading. sounds pretty good, thank you!

Offline dongringo

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 11:44:58 PM »
Thanks a bunch. Much appreciated.  :metal
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline orphaeusest

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 03:16:07 AM »
Thank you all. That was a gret night! Many thanks also for the artwork and the mastering... it was a team work! I'm going to do better, next time, and of course I'll change the recorder as soon as I can.

Offline Stonestef

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 05:44:31 AM »
thanks,downloading now! :metal

Offline MetropolisxPt1

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 10:29:22 AM »
Thank You! :metal

Offline orphaeusest

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2011, 06:05:28 AM »
i'm sorry, but this is not the definitive bootleg. i promised people from italian voices that they could have given suggestions and ideas, but i noticed that this didn't happen. i received suggestions for the title, and i feel strange that some ideas was not considered and the bootleg was instead published ignoring all this. so i have people that are disppointed because of this, and we decided that we don't actually have any cover art and title for the bootleg. moreover, we'd like to add a sort of booklet with comments and impressions about the shows (we also taped the concert in villafranca). sorry again, but anyway wait for further news, because we want a "majestic" outcome, where the work is REALLY made by the fans for the fans!

Offline Dreamer81

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2011, 08:40:13 AM »
i'm sorry, but this is not the definitive bootleg. i promised people from italian voices that they could have given suggestions and ideas, but i noticed that this didn't happen. i received suggestions for the title, and i feel strange that some ideas was not considered and the bootleg was instead published ignoring all this. so i have people that are disppointed because of this, and we decided that we don't actually have any cover art and title for the bootleg. moreover, we'd like to add a sort of booklet with comments and impressions about the shows (we also taped the concert in villafranca). sorry again, but anyway wait for further news, because we want a "majestic" outcome, where the work is REALLY made by the fans for the fans!

Nice, have you some idea for the Villafranca one to come out?

Offline orphaeusest

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2011, 09:05:38 AM »

Nice, have you some idea for the Villafranca one to come out?

what kind of idea do you mean? xD but i think that's the wrong topic to talk about that. we could open a topic dedicated to villafranca's bootleg. my idea is just the same i said for rome. someone proposed a booklet with comments and impressions with footage, on IV forum, as you perhaps already know, and i think this is a great idea, in my opinion. i really want a work made by fans for the fans, giving everyone the chance to contribute.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2011, 12:54:49 PM »
The link isn't loading for me...

EDIT: Nevermind, downloading now.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 01:13:05 PM by Dimitrius »
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline orphaeusest

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2011, 04:54:22 AM »
here we are! the definitive title for this bootleg is "all roads to the genie". i have to give all my thanks to everyone that wanted to suggest, that's amazing because that's how we conceive a real fan club (even not uffocial).

again, thanks for the mastering, i know that my instrument was not so efficient (i'm going to change it, for the upcoming leg in spring).

the title has a particular meaning, of course. "all roads to the genie" is referred to an italian saying: "tutte le strade portano a roma" ("all roads lead to rome"). but also wanted to dedicate this bootleg to that great man called michael "mike" mangini, because it was his first show with dream theater ever... he deserves it.

so... always remember to share the bootleg for free! we all made our work for free, as you know, "by the fans for the fans"!

Offline Chrissalix

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2011, 03:59:04 AM »
Anyone got a direct link to this? I can't get at the dimeadozen one.

Offline jmarkwilson

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2011, 06:40:51 AM »

Offline Chrissalix

Offline indalo

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2011, 08:49:23 PM »
here we are! the definitive title for this bootleg is "all roads to the genie". i have to give all my thanks to everyone that wanted to suggest, that's amazing because that's how we conceive a real fan club (even not uffocial).

again, thanks for the mastering, i know that my instrument was not so efficient (i'm going to change it, for the upcoming leg in spring).

the title has a particular meaning, of course. "all roads to the genie" is referred to an italian saying: "tutte le strade portano a roma" ("all roads lead to rome"). but also wanted to dedicate this bootleg to that great man called michael "mike" mangini, because it was his first show with dream theater ever... he deserves it.

so... always remember to share the bootleg for free! we all made our work for free, as you know, "by the fans for the fans"!
But the one published in the first message is the same you are saying or "all roads to the genie" has a better mastering or something like that? where can we find it if it's different? thank you :tup
Sorry for my bad english!

Offline orphaeusest

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2011, 05:59:08 AM »

But the one published in the first message is the same you are saying or "all roads to the genie" has a better mastering or something like that? where can we find it if it's different? thank you :tup

Oh, no it's the same mastering. We only had "troubles" with the name of the bootleg, because a lot of fans suggested us other choices. Also the artwork is the same ;).

So, same artwork, same taper (of course) and same mastering. Only the title changed, because we wanted to render homage to Mangini and the city of Rome.

Offline rvdsbg

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2020, 10:24:22 AM »
Could someone upload this in mega.nz plz ?