Author Topic: Band Name Needed  (Read 7207 times)

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Band Name Needed
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2011, 05:14:25 PM »
Regardless of how many people are in the band, (preferably ANY number of people BUT three), call it "The (insert name here) Trio".

Five member band going by the name "The Brownsville Trio" or something like that.  Or "The (insert name of random person out of phone book) Experience"

I love this idea. I'm getting a mental picture of the frontman of a 5-man band saying "Hey everyone, we're The Brownsville Trio!" And the crowd looking back at him like he's crazy. :lol
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2011, 05:18:54 PM »
I thought of a name I would use if I made a band.  It would be called "Grey to Green".  You can't have it.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2011, 05:48:58 PM »
Regardless of how many people are in the band, (preferably ANY number of people BUT three), call it "The (insert name here) Trio".

Five member band going by the name "The Brownsville Trio" or something like that.  Or "The (insert name of random person out of phone book) Experience"

I love this idea. I'm getting a mental picture of the frontman of a 5-man band saying "Hey everyone, we're The Brownsville Trio!" And the crowd looking back at him like he's crazy. :lol

Exactly.  Gimmick.  People would be pretty likely to remember you.  "Hey, that's that band, The Brownsville Trio, but they're not a trio, I remember them."

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2011, 06:15:19 PM »

Five member band going by the name "The Brownsville Trio" or something like that.  Or "The (insert name of random person out of phone book) Experience"

Exactly.  Gimmick.  People would be pretty likely to remember you.  "Hey, that's that band, The Brownsville Trio, but they're not a trio, I remember them."

Speaking of which, it's always bothered me that Trivium has 4 members.

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2011, 06:22:53 PM »
GLaDOS

Offline T-ski

« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2011, 08:16:17 PM »
Exxcess.  You could really jazz up the logo with that extra 'x'.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Pols Voice

• Did ya see the latest Nintendo newsletter?
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2011, 09:03:25 PM »

Ben Folds Five was a trio.
WHOA, NICE GRAPHICS!

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2011, 06:23:10 AM »
Well, there you go.  If I'd known anything about BFF, that fact probably would have stuck with me.  Good example.

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2011, 07:53:41 AM »
Well, there you go.  If I'd known anything about BFF, that fact probably would have stuck with me.  Good example.

they're pretty forgetable.

How about a Pokemon name.....make it a legendary too.

Zapados!
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2011, 07:55:22 AM »

they're pretty forgetable.

How about a Pokemon name.....make it a legendary too.

Zapados!

Saturn Valley

Pokemon's nice, but Earthbound's better.

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2011, 12:17:39 PM »
Since we're going down this road....

Dancing Mad.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2011, 12:26:28 PM »
Father Woodrow (a.k.a. Papa Woody).
Saucy Jack

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2011, 12:39:22 PM »
Short story illustrating how band names are often arrived at unintentionally through strange series' of events:

An organization I am part of (I serve on their board) is putting on an event at the conclusiong of their state-wide conference and decided to make it a "talent show" type event.  I was asked whether I could contribue, so I got together with the guys I regularly jam with and we put together a cool medly we've been working on (Peace of Mind->Carry On My Wayward Son->Bohemian Rhapsody->Peace of Mind/big finish).  Several weeks later, an urgent request from the president:  "We're putting together the flyer and we need to know your band name."
Me:  "Well, we're not really a 'band' per se--we're just performing at this event.  We just jam together."
President:  "Well, we need a name.  How about if I just call it 'The [bosk1] band' then?"
Me:  "No, don't do that.  Um...  [quickly realizes that, coincidentally, all three songs are from the same year...sort of]  Let's call us...'1976.'"  [yes, I know Bohemian Rhapsody was actually released in 1975, but it took off as a single in '76, so close enough]
And a band name was born...sort of.  The flyer went out...with a typo.  We are now "1979."  This now bears no relationship to the band in any way, shape or form.  But that's our name.  So there you have it.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2011, 01:53:33 PM »
Splent, please feel free to choose any of the following (now defunct) band names, of which I was at one time a member, or performed with.

(High School) Myth, Bell Jar, Rock Duster, Ark
(College) Snooze Button Trivia, Pants Full of Spaniards
(Law School) Moses Jones, Almost President
(After College)  Tastes Like Chicken, Twy Stymes, Tempus Fugit
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2011, 03:17:47 PM »
Pants Full of Spaniards

Splent, go with that.