Author Topic: really addicting zombie survival game  (Read 1396 times)

Offline Ħ

really addicting zombie survival game
« on: July 09, 2011, 12:33:32 AM »
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/479679

I think there is a part 2 and part 3.  I read somewhere that there are 30 waves, but the furthest I've gotten is 12 waves.  I basically suck.  :lol

Protip: use teh shotgun
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
Re: really addicting zombie survival game
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 02:09:47 AM »
Wave 17
12810 points

My strat - Don't get shotgun, go right for assault rifle, then get the three round burst gun, then get the most powerful machine gun, get barricade upgrade, then start dropping sentries in the choke point near the right side of the map.  Stay as mobile as possible to get in close range (higher accuracy thus more cost efficient killing) and to repair barricades, especially early

Wave 20
Normal Difficulty
Score 16470

Basically same technique as last time, but actually skipped the three round burst gun.  For some reason barricades only sporadically repair as the game goes on.  Maybe you only have a finite number of complete barricade rebuilds.  For next round, sacrifice the left side completely during the auto-gun phase.  Also, drop auto-guns more judiciously.  On the 20th wave, things go crazy, but at that point I had already bought a bunch of auto-guns that really I didn't need.  Also, make sure to mix up light and heavy guns.  Only heavy guns wave bullets on fast zombies that should be shredded by light guns.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 02:38:50 AM by ReaPsTA »
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 02:12:14 AM »
I don't play Zombie-themed games. I don't play Defence games. No way in hell am I going to spend time on that game.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 02:43:32 AM »
Reap, I read that some of the zombies can permanently destroy barriers.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 02:47:51 AM »
Reap, I read that some of the zombies can permanently destroy barriers.

Ah.  It must be the purpley ones that shoot energy.

The strategy I kinda want to hit on is to be at Wave 20 with one side around me completely walled off.  It's possible to pump machine gun bullets into a wave of zombis from one direction.  360 zombies are stupidly impossible.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 08:59:31 AM »
I don't play Zombie-themed games. I don't play Defence games. No way in hell am I going to spend time on that game.

Sanctum will change your mind about tower defence games (see on steam)

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 10:29:42 AM »
Mh, I don't think so. I don't like the general concept of TD games (especially the fact that you only play to lose; there's no achievement in there, aside from getting one level higher than the previous time).
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 10:51:03 AM »
If Black OPS Zombies had a save after every wave, it would be the greatest game ever.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 10:52:04 AM »
I lost interest around the time a zombie shot a magic missile at me.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 12:40:06 AM »
That's pretty awesome.  I wish it was fullscreen.  I was at wave 19 or so and going strong when my mouse died; I panicked and pressed Esc, and it sent me back to the main menu.  I tried nightmare difficulty one time, and I only got to wave 5.  This makes me want to try Blacks Ops zombies again.

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 01:34:47 PM »
Kinda funny... Last night, I dreamed that I was interviewing for a corporate suit and tie job, and they made me test my skills in this game to determine if I would get the job.  >_>
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 01:49:01 PM by HarlequinForest »

Offline Ħ

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 05:07:22 PM »
Well I beat it with a score of 21620.  There's 20 waves in total.  On the very last part about a dozen of the barrier-breaking white guys surround the map and destroy almost all your defenses, since you can't kill them all.  After that a bunch of the big red ones and eyeball guys rush in, and then a flood of the fast-moving fragile guys.  I basically followed reap's second strategy, only buying the assault gun and machine gun.  By the end, I had a ton of cash and about 10 sentry guns set up all over the place.  It wasn't too hard with all that support.

On to part 2!

EDIT: Actually I need to beat this on nightmare first.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 05:27:08 PM by Ħ »