General > General Discussion

Betcha can't play this (knock off) with me! (with a few drinks in me)

(1/1)

mrjazzguitar:
thought some of you might enjoy this.. me just playing some very unorthodox chords on guitar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ilT3N8VW8E

if there is any interest shown, maybe I'll upload some more videos with more crazy chord voicings!

splent:
I'll check it out when I have more time.

SPNKr:
One of the hardest to do riffs/melodies that requires a "stretch" that I recently got the hang of (I figured only because I've been practicing way more often this past 6 months) is Hendrix's Foxey Lady. And that's not with the thumb on the F#! I tried it last night his style with the thumb on F#, interesting stuff. I don't know what's easier, the conventional way of doing it with your normal fingers all over the progressions or utilising that thumb that does NOTHING, but the Hendrix thumb way is definitely more complicated and more fun to try.

Anyway! Nice video Mike! Funny how you showed us the beer you had, but keep playing and showing us cool ideas you come across. I may try this tonight for myself, thanks pal.

edit: Coincidentally I was already listening to Metheny (Bright Size Life) before I saw this thread :D.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version