General > General Discussion

Rate my new PC

(1/2) > >>

cramx3:
I recently went on a computer spending spree and ending up buying the following parts for a new build. Since I read a lot about people's computers around here, I figured I'd through my hardware info out there and see what people think.  I purchased my order through tiger direct which allowed me to finance this order with no interest for 18 months which helped me make sure I got what I wanted without worrying about reaching into my savings. So here we go:

CPU: intel core i7-2600k 3.4 ghz. A second generation (sandybridge) i7. Unlocked so you can easily over clock. I have no experience overclocking so at the moment I only plan on using the stock fan, but in the future if I decide to push this CPU, I would need a 3rd party fan.

Mobo: ASUS p8z68-v pro, lga 1155. Uses the new z68 chipset is supposed to be better than the p68 also has sata3 and usb3 for the future. Onboard 8 channel hd audio is nice as well as blue tooth. This mobo is also designed for overclocking.

Ram: 2x 4GB Corsair Vengence ddr3 pc12800.

Graphics card: geforce gtx 460.  Sounded like a good enough card for me.

Hard drive: Ocz 60 GB ssd sata3. This will be my boot drive as well as a few mostly used apps.  I also have a wd 2TB and 1TB from my previous computer to use for data storage. Maybe someone could say if it's worth it to get a second 2TB drove for a raid 0 set up?

Optical drive: LG 12x blu ray burner: I don't care for burning blu rays now, but I do want to have a blu ray player and burn CDs/DVDs so a blue ray burner seemed right. I am debating whether I should keep my old samsung 48x DVD/cd burner to make copies with two drives.

Power supply: 600w modular ps. I like it being modular to keep my case clean.

Case: azza czas 1000solano 1000. A full siZed tower that looks pretty good.

Nvidia 3d setup with glasses: for 3G gaming and blu rays

Monitor: acer gd235hz 24 inch 1080p 3d LCD.

FlyingBIZKIT:
That's very nice

Scrub206:
its a pretty nice rig. i love the 2600k + z68 combo. just get an aftermarket heatsink if your going to start OCing please xD. im an ATI fanboi so i hate your video card by default hahaha. and im not a big fan of the whole 3D scene. but other than that looks pretty sick! enjoy!

cramx3:

--- Quote from: Scrub206 on July 07, 2011, 06:40:58 AM ---its a pretty nice rig. i love the 2600k + z68 combo. just get an aftermarket heatsink if your going to start OCing please xD. im an ATI fanboi so i hate your video card by default hahaha. and im not a big fan of the whole 3D scene. but other than that looks pretty sick! enjoy!

--- End quote ---

Have you tried 3d? I have not and it's really an experiment I guess since I don't know how well it works or whether I will even enjoy it.

As for OCing, from reviews I read, it seems the CPUs are a bit different for everyone. Some people were able to overclock close to 5Ghz with the stock fan with no problems and some say the CPU over heats without even OCing. I guess I'm going to have to test it out. I need to make a run soon to best buy anyway as I forgot to get a wireless N adapter.

Scrub206:
ive tried 3D a few times its nothing special IMO. a lot of people love it so you may, and if you do more power too you. :metal

also ive never heard of OCing anything more then like .4 with out an aftermarket heatsink, especially with intels stock heatsink. ive heard of the 5ghz on liquid cooling or even a heatsink like cool masters V8 but not stock. and if they did they had to have temps through the roof and fried MOBOs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version