Author Topic: 2011-07-05 - Castello Scaligero - Verona, ITA  (Read 33675 times)

Offline tgstk2

• Surmount Brutal Dutch Metal
  • PanterA
Enjoy!,
 i hope they play something like meallicas damage inc just for fun as an encore..... Or play something from the metal alubm from annihiliator that would be fun.... Btw annihilator is underated..... Go Dt bring it on
Als je dit vertaald hebt kom je erachter dat je weer een minuut van je leven hebt verspild

Offline Tomislav95

(folks, it is the same setlist of yesterday. If something unexpected happens I'll tell you)
You are on the show?
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline tgstk2

• Surmount Brutal Dutch Metal
  • PanterA
75 guests are wathcing this thread let me say hi to them..... One by one..

Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!

Welcome to dt forum enjoy your stay...... While lurking please make sure you dont do anything against rule 14b
Als je dit vertaald hebt kom je erachter dat je weer een minuut van je leven hebt verspild

Offline Dellers

• Funky Norwegian!
75 guests are wathcing this thread let me say hi to them..... One by one........
Lol. I never changed the 60 minute login, so basically I would always seem to be a guest :P  I suppose most "guests" are actually members of the site.
https://soundcloud.com/dellers2/jpxi-o
Religious faith can only exist when there is no God, otherwise there wouldn't be a reason to believe.

Offline Tomislav95

75 guests are wathcing this thread let me say hi to them..... One by one........
Lol. I never changed the 60 minute login, so basically I would always seem to be a guest :P  I suppose most "guests" are actually members of the site.
I'm here forever :P

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
I'm here forever :P
As am I. Dammit. :|
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I won't be too surprised if the set lists stay fairly similar for a while at first.  You have to remember that Mangini is new to the band, and all of the songs aren't ingrained in his head like they are for the others.  That will come with time.  Also remember that on both Sherinian and Rudess' first tours with the band, the set lists pretty much stayed the same the whole way through the legs (DS on the Awake tour in the fall/winter of '94, and Rudess on the M:2000 tour in the spring on '00).  And the band's discography is much larger now than it was when they both joined, so there is a lot more material for Mangini to learn on the fly than there was for DS or JR.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
I won't be too surprised if the set lists stay fairly similar for a while at first.  You have to remember that Mangini is new to the band, and all of the songs aren't ingrained in his head like they are for the others.  That will come with time.  Also remember that on both Sherinian and Rudess' first tours with the band, the set lists pretty much stayed the same the whole way through the legs (DS on the Awake tour in the fall/winter of '94, and Rudess on the M:2000 tour in the spring on '00).. 

I agree. But it would be cool to change at least the encore song!
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline IdoSC

I won't be too surprised if the set lists stay fairly similar for a while at first.  You have to remember that Mangini is new to the band, and all of the songs aren't ingrained in his head like they are for the others.  That will come with time.  Also remember that on both Sherinian and Rudess' first tours with the band, the set lists pretty much stayed the same the whole way through the legs (DS on the Awake tour in the fall/winter of '94, and Rudess on the M:2000 tour in the spring on '00).. 

Oh god no...I'm gonna miss my LTL :'(

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
Encore song could be changed indeed. Wasteland, is it still the same as yesterday?

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
I won't be too surprised if the set lists stay fairly similar for a while at first.  You have to remember that Mangini is new to the band, and all of the songs aren't ingrained in his head like they are for the others.  That will come with time.  Also remember that on both Sherinian and Rudess' first tours with the band, the set lists pretty much stayed the same the whole way through the legs (DS on the Awake tour in the fall/winter of '94, and Rudess on the M:2000 tour in the spring on '00)..  

Why? LTL is pretty much the perfect song for a concert closer.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline Tomislav95

Encore song could be changed indeed. Wasteland, is it still the same as yesterday?
Yesterday Forsaken was 4th and today it's 3rd

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
Hey, chill XD If it were for me, I would always close with LTL, it is the ultimate DT song and conclusion of a gig. I was just speculating that they could retain the same setlist every night, rotating just two/three song as encores...

Yeah, we're past OTBOA, and at the moment Caught In A Web is being played.
- Marco

Offline IdoSC

Err are you sure? https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dream-theater/2011/ippodromo-capannelle-rome-italy-53d36b01.html
I wasn't there, so I don't know for sure, but...

Offline Tomislav95

You're on the show and you are writing here :o

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member
 :o

Offline Tomislav95

Err are you sure? https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dream-theater/2011/ippodromo-capannelle-rome-italy-53d36b01.html
I wasn't there, so I don't know for sure, but...
My bad, sorry. I'm not there :'(

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
Me neither. And now that my source has cut the hotline (dead phone battery) we have been left loitering in the halls of doubt, darkness and despair...

:facepalm:
- Marco

Offline John94

You could say that we've...

Been Caught in a Web....

YYEAAAAHHH

Offline IdoSC

NOOOOOO! Italy! Charge your cellphones :'(

Offline Tomislav95

You could say that we've...

Been Caught in a Web....

YYEAAAAHHH
:rollin

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni

There was actually nothing great to witness.

Yesterday crowd have been amazing, today the atmosphere is somehow less warm. Maybe it's beacause everyone in the audience already knew what the setlist was going to be...
- Marco

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member
Yeah, that's probably it...anyway, even if I am a little dissapointed with lack of changes, I can't wait for my DT concert ;) Wasteland, encore or too early yet?

Offline IdoSC

Yesterday crowd have been amazing, today the atmosphere is somehow less warm. Maybe it's beacause everyone in the audience already knew what the setlist was going to be...
Wait. are you saying most of these people went to both of the shows? Anyways, I guess it was sorta expected. At least Mangini got his love from the crowd XD

By the way, did his solo sound good? Was it any different?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I doubt that's the reason.  Assuming DT gets an average of 2-4K fans per show, how many of those do you think actually take the time to look online to find set lists?  Not every fan is a forum nut like many of us here. :lol

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, that's probably it...anyway, even if I am a little dissapointed with lack of changes, I can't wait for my DT concert ;) Wasteland, encore or too early yet?

I don't know... I have no more contacts with the show. I assume that we are somwhere in the middle of the Count, at the moment. But again, no certainties or truths coming from me from now on.

Wait. are you saying most of these people went to both of the shows? Anyways, I guess it was sorta expected. At least Mangini got his love from the crowd XD

By the way, did his solo sound good? Was it any different?

Same golden shit as yesterday's.  :corn

Actually, something happened: the whole band went directly into The Count after finishing Caught In A Web. Then they realized that things had got horribly wrong and started over with Through My Words.  :lol
- Marco

Offline edu

Hi i am one of the guests!! well, now i am not. This is my first post, i´m from Spain and spent the last two days refreshing this topic and the Rome one.  Love the set list!!
Crossing bridges in the sky
On a journey to renew my life

Offline IdoSC

Actually, something happened: the whole band went directly into The Count after finishing Caught In A Web. Then they realized that things had got horribly wrong and started over with Through My Words.  :lol
Lolwut...brilliant :lol

Offline Stonestef

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member
Lolwut...brilliant :lol
:lol :lol

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni

This one is going to be shown to the taper who has disappointed hundreds of DT fans from all over the world with his low-battery syndrome (wah, that actually sounded like some new Riverside album  :lol).
- Marco

Offline blackngold29

A Change of Seasons
The Best of Times
John Myung Martial Arts Demonstration
In The Presence of Enemies (Extended 2 years long version)
The Count of Tuscany feat. The Count of Tuscany & The Count's Brother & Dr Dre
Canadian Rap
John Thinks He's Randy Song
John Petrucci Bodybuilding Demonstration
Derek Sherinian Fashion Demonstration
Mike Portnoy Spitting Demonstration
Anna Lee
I Will Survive
Eye Of The Tiger
YMCA
Interlude - Mike Mangini: "I'm Not Mike Portnoy"
Encore:
Prophets of War

:lol
DT doing the YMCA. :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline DarkEternalNight

• I take the "the" out of psychotherapist
  • GODDDD ISSSS DEAAADDDD
I'd pay for that.

Offline Aniland

Enjoy!,
 i hope they play something like meallicas damage inc just for fun as an encore..... Or play something from the metal alubm from annihiliator that would be fun.... Btw annihilator is underated..... Go Dt bring it on

Do you realize what band this is?

Offline BRGM

• DTF.org Member
Well, is the setlist the exact same one?