Author Topic: Tour de France 2011  (Read 3713 times)

Offline TheVoxyn

• "The X makes it sound cool"
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Tour de France 2011
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2011, 06:28:59 PM »
I don't want Voeckler to win.

Why is that?

And don't worry. He won't...
I just don't like him. Too cocky and whiny. And he's french. I'd like either
Evans or a Schleck to win.

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2011, 12:10:13 AM »
I just don't like him. Too cocky and whiny. And he's french. I'd like either
Evans or a Schleck to win.

It definitely shows that you lived in the US for a bit. :neverusethis:
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline jsem

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2011, 02:06:23 AM »
If any one is whiny, it's Shrek.

"These descends are too dangerous" like the crybaby he has always been.

Samu Sanchez deserves this, he's been on the attack on every single mountain stage - and if it weren't for the crashes early on he would've been in yellow by now.

Today I'm expecting fireworks, hopefull already on Agnello - by Contador, so that he can get rid of the Leopard domestiques.

Offline TimmyHiggy

• Not the droid you are looking for
  • Maybe its just another drill?
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2011, 02:16:12 AM »
Getting very close now, very tight at the top and with a very flat time trial to come, voeckler clinging onto the yellow jersey with little more than his fingernails atm too.
Cavendish has done the business so far, came through from behind to take a points lead for the green, and not many sprints left.
i heard if you put bread in the rooof of your mouth it means oyu don't cvry when you're shoocppig ononsosni.
<br />/I vea aben told buy   spletn spencer adn timhiggy and that zletar guy to potost gcase imm drunk for the fist imeiiiiiiiiiiiii eoand evryoen ois mkaking funof eme :O(<br />
<br />

Offline kartmaze2

• DTF Cybernetician
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2011, 02:16:31 AM »
They're just complaining about the downhills because they suck driving them. So unnecessary when the downhills are like this every year...
The only thing they acheive by whining like this, is loss in popularity...

Offline jsem

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2011, 02:18:06 AM »
They're just complaining about the downhills because they suck driving them. So unnecessary when the downhills are like this every year...
Exactly this.

They said something like, who wants to see fast downhills and cyclists risking it?

Well shoot me, because I do. Attacks in the downhill is the second best thing to attacks in the mountains imo.

Offline TheVoxyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2011, 09:20:37 AM »
Exciting today :caffeine:.

Offline jsem

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2011, 10:30:15 AM »
WOWOWOWOOWOWOWOOOW

Greatest stage in recent memory. Yesterday and today. It's like Giro 2010 - epic beyond belief.

Evans and Andy would both deserve the win, both having done heroic acts.

Offline dongringo

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2011, 10:32:48 AM »
I'm pulling for Evans. If he can do the time trial of his life tomorrow, he'll win. If Andy wins that's ok too. Both deserve it.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline jsem

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2011, 11:14:00 AM »
Oh yeah: Contador is also a great champion, never afraid to attack if he has the legs. He makes races exciting for sure.

Offline TheVoxyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2011, 11:52:30 AM »
Today was great, 3 hours of excitement.

Offline jsem

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2011, 12:01:05 PM »
Samuel Sanchez FTW. He deserved that polka-dot win.

Offline TheVoxyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2011, 12:02:27 PM »
Contador also gained a lot more respect. I never liked him that much but he was insane today.

Offline jsem

« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2011, 12:04:48 PM »
Contador also gained a lot more respect. I never liked him that much but he was insane today.

If he hadn't had those crashes who knows what would've happened.

Plus, he has the Giro in the legs. Seems like the double is impossible now, though I think Conti will try for the triple at least at some other point in his career.

Offline TheVoxyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2011, 12:13:10 PM »

If he hadn't had those crashes who knows what would've happened.

Plus, he has the Giro in the legs. Seems like the double is impossible now, though I think Conti will try for the triple at least at some other point in his career.
Yep, thats why its so amazing what he did today.

Offline TimmyHiggy

• Not the droid you are looking for
  • Maybe its just another drill?
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2011, 05:30:55 PM »
Exactly this.

They said something like, who wants to see fast downhills and cyclists risking it?

Well shoot me, because I do. Attacks in the downhill is the second best thing to attacks in the mountains imo.
If they don't think its a risk worth taking, then slow down and let the others go ahead on the downhill. Nobody says they have to hang with the others on the descents!
i heard if you put bread in the rooof of your mouth it means oyu don't cvry when you're shoocppig ononsosni.
<br />/I vea aben told buy   spletn spencer adn timhiggy and that zletar guy to potost gcase imm drunk for the fist imeiiiiiiiiiiiii eoand evryoen ois mkaking funof eme :O(<br />
<br />

Offline jsem

« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2011, 09:47:53 AM »
EPIC ride by Cadel.

He deserves this, Andy will win at some point in the future. Maybe if Conti gets his suspension, or when Conti's shape dwindles because of age.

Offline dongringo

« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2011, 01:13:02 PM »
Cadel rode his heart out and did it all by himself. He rode the perfect race and deserves it. I just hope he passes all the drug tests.  :lol
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline jsem

« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2011, 01:41:16 PM »
Cadel rode his heart out and did it all by himself. He rode the perfect race and deserves it. I just hope he passes all the drug tests.  :lol

On a related note:
This came in just before the TDF: https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/fomer-bmc-soigneur-implicated-in-drug-bust
Basically, a guy working within BMC got caught with 185 doses of EPO adressed to his wife. He said it was for personal use.. Lol. It was the juice that was going to be used to get a win with Cadel.

Not that I'm surprised, the highest placed rider I consider clean is Tom Danielson on 9th. But even that is questionable.

Offline dongringo

« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2011, 07:07:47 PM »

On a related note:
This came in just before the TDF: https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/fomer-bmc-soigneur-implicated-in-drug-bust
Basically, a guy working within BMC got caught with 185 doses of EPO adressed to his wife. He said it was for personal use.. Lol. It was the juice that was going to be used to get a win with Cadel.

Not that I'm surprised, the highest placed rider I consider clean is Tom Danielson on 9th. But even that is questionable.

I just don't see how they can get by with it anymore with all the testing. How long does that stuff stay in the system?
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline jsem

« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2011, 01:22:17 AM »

On a related note:

I just don't see how they can get by with it anymore with all the testing. How long does that stuff stay in the system?
I'm no expert, but microdosage can't stay that long in your system. It also doesn't help like a huge dose does, but it helps and is much easier to get away with i presume.