Where would you be without prog?

Started by 2Timer, July 01, 2011, 01:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

ZBomber

I dunno. Prog was kind of the catalyst that got me to branch out into different types of music, but I probably would have eventually reached that point anyways.

I'm not too huge onto prog. I love classic 70s prog though, but I think the music from the 70s will always be my favorite. It has been my whole life.

Jamesman42

There is something special about 70's music. Very down to earth and organic, full of soul. At least the music I've heard.
\o\ lol /o/

Quadrochosis

1967-1977: the golden era of music, the album, and the vinyl

lonestar

Quote from: ScioPath on July 01, 2011, 02:58:14 PM
Well for one thing, I would have never found this place.
And as a result, I wouldn't have cool avatar changes or this... 

Quote from: Stadler on January 20, 2022, 12:15:29 PMLonestar, speaking wise.  :)

#Stadler/Hunnus2024

OskarSluring

Quote from: Quadrochosis on July 02, 2011, 07:36:22 PM
1967-1977: the golden era of music, the album, and the vinyl
Hello there, Steven Wilson ;)

MetalManiac666

JayOctavarium

Haha i grew up listening to PF and The Moody Blues...

so where would I be without Prog?

ummm... I would probably be skinny... not single... and not sitting here at midnight on a prog band forum while listening to Shadow Gallery....

I'd still be heavily into Green Day

Jirpo

Quote from: wolfking on July 01, 2011, 03:28:37 PM
I guess I would be okay since I'm more of a metal head, but saying that a lot of metal bands are prog influenced, so without prog, it's hard to say how many of my fav metal bands wouldn't exist.  But thinking again, I'd still have Sabbath, Priest and Maiden, so I would make do.  :D
I agree, I primarily love metal but I love it with prog influences, ie. longer more complicated songs.

TheSilentHam

I'd be listening to Metal, Jazz Fusion...and probably some old ZZ Top.

MasterShakezula

I'd have already become a jazz snob, as opposed to just beginning.

pmahoney1337

If it weren't for prog, music would just be background noise for anything I did. I wouldn't thoroughly enjoy every little aspect of it like I do now.