Author Topic: "To Catch a Predator" Host Chris Hansen caught cheating...  (Read 4299 times)

Offline Heaven Outcry Angel

• Your majesty
Re: "To Catch a Predator" Host Chris Hansen caught cheating...
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2011, 06:50:36 PM »
they think there consenting!! what is the problem
Of course Dream Theater isn't that good. Good music is obviously about 3 minute pop songs and catchy hooks.
Dream Theater aren't that good. Neither was Beethoven, or Mozart, or Bach. Pfft, 20 minute epics. Who needs that?

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2011, 07:05:42 PM »
they think there consenting!! what is the problem

Because consenting with a 13-14 year old is against the law?! Not to mention gross and immoral.

• Your majesty
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2011, 07:06:43 PM »
who decides whats moral or not?

and downloading music is against the law but we all do it anywaysy
Of course Dream Theater isn't that good. Good music is obviously about 3 minute pop songs and catchy hooks.
Dream Theater aren't that good. Neither was Beethoven, or Mozart, or Bach. Pfft, 20 minute epics. Who needs that?

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2011, 07:08:07 PM »
who decides whats moral or not?

and downloading music is against the law but we all do it anywaysy

Music isn't a 13 year old boy or girl who we're wanting to have sex with.

• Your majesty
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2011, 07:08:48 PM »
except in this case the 13 year old boy or girl consents, the music cant but we do it anyway.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2011, 07:13:43 PM »
If you don't see an issue with a 13 year old girl having consentual sex with a 30 year old man, I really don't have anything to say.

• Your majesty
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2011, 07:14:07 PM »
daenerys targaryen did it and she turned out fine

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2011, 07:15:47 PM »
except in this case the 13 year old boy or girl consents, the music cant but we do it anyway.

Kids' brains at that age haven't fully developed the understanding of the logistic fallacies of human nature. They're going through puberty and hormones are raging, but they really don't know what they're getting themselves into. They think they're inviting someone over to fool around, but that person's (predator's) full intention is to violate every spec of innocence in that little boy or girl. To me there isn't a question of who decides if the act if immoral or not. It just is.

• Your majesty
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2011, 07:20:02 PM »
"They think they're inviting someone over to fool around, but that person's (predator's) full intention is to violate every spec of innocence in that little boy or girl"

or maybe they just like sex?? and finds the kids more attractive? how can you asume that quickly

i think you have some deep psychological issues

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2011, 07:22:19 PM »
"They think they're inviting someone over to fool around, but that person's (predator's) full intention is to violate every spec of innocence in that little boy or girl"

or maybe they just like sex?? and finds the kids more attractive? how can you asume that quickly

And I think you're a troll. Conversation over.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2011, 07:23:07 PM »

For every one that turned out fine, I can find you 50 in a rehab, strung out on crack and turning tricks,  or dead by their own hands at an early age.

And what zook said...

And I think you're an idiotic troll. Conversation over.

• Your majesty
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2011, 07:23:29 PM »

And I think you're a troll. Conversation over.

whatever man.

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2011, 08:45:39 PM »

:tup
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2011, 12:08:40 PM »

But the average teenager doesn't get dragons in exchange.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2011, 12:31:37 PM »

For every one that turned out fine, I can find you 50 in a rehab, strung out on crack and turning tricks,  or dead by their own hands at an early age.

Just to play devil's advocate here, I think there are a couple of problems with your statement.  First,  I seriously doubt it's true.  Particularly since kids who weren't fucked up by the experience don't generally get accounted for.  More important though,  I don't think you can separate out the harm done by the act itself from the harm brought about by the societal aspect.  In our culture, this sort of thing is automatically labeled abusive, vile, and irreparably harmful.  I suspect that plenty of the people you'd refer to as a junky, whore or suicidal are largely in that position because they've been deemed damaged goods.  Consider that in 1999 Spain RAISED the age of consent to 13.  I haven't heard of any of the dire consequences that you refer to happening over there.  I'd consider this another example of where the puritanical stigma we place on sexuality does a great deal of harm.

I'm not suggesting that what we're describing is a good thing, mind you.  I'm only pointing out that it needn't necessarily be the life-destroying event that it's generally made out to be.

As for TCaP, my problem is that they're busting people only for intent, without the possibility to change their mind.  If a guy shows up at the girls house and decides "holy shit, you look like your 12.  I don't think I want anything to do with you.",  it doesn't matter in Chris Hansen's world.  The incident that brought that whole shitty idea for a program to a close was a local fellow who drove by the house and decided not to stop.  They went to his house a few days later to bust him, for what I don't know, and he decided to kill himself instead.  His family sued Dateline and presumably they decided that turning seious law enforcement matters into a reality TV programming wasn't such a good idea. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Kura

• (●ゝω・)ノ ♡
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2011, 11:08:45 PM »
so what everyone cheats at some point especially women

just a man paying 'em back

I've never cheated, don't plan on ever cheating.

Same here man. And cheating to me is more than just sex, intimacy, etc.. it's a huge trust and honesty thing too.

As for the story, I just hope his wife will be able to cope with whatever decision she makes from this.

Offline Kura

• (●ゝω・)ノ ♡
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2011, 11:13:45 PM »
@_@ Also.. technically don't parents have power of attorney until the kid is 18? (or 16 in some places, I think) .. So whether the kid consents shouldn't matter, because if it's to protect against the child's well-being then doesn't the parents' say overrule that?

I'm not sure.. I am just asking.. I don't mean to bring this up to argue..

Offline xShammas

• SHAAAAMMAAAAAS TAAAAKE MYYY HAAAAND!!!
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2011, 11:31:59 PM »

Just to play devil's advocate here, I think there are a couple of problems with your statement.  First,  I seriously doubt it's true.  Particularly since kids who weren't fucked up by the experience don't generally get accounted for.  More important though,  I don't think you can separate out the harm done by the act itself from the harm brought about by the societal aspect.  In our culture, this sort of thing is automatically labeled abusive, vile, and irreparably harmful.  I suspect that plenty of the people you'd refer to as a junky, whore or suicidal are largely in that position because they've been deemed damaged goods.  Consider that in 1999 Spain RAISED the age of consent to 13.  I haven't heard of any of the dire consequences that you refer to happening over there.  I'd consider this another example of where the puritanical stigma we place on sexuality does a great deal of harm.

I'm not suggesting that what we're describing is a good thing, mind you.  I'm only pointing out that it needn't necessarily be the life-destroying event that it's generally made out to be.

As for TCaP, my problem is that they're busting people only for intent, without the possibility to change their mind.  If a guy shows up at the girls house and decides "holy shit, you look like your 12.  I don't think I want anything to do with you.",  it doesn't matter in Chris Hansen's world.  The incident that brought that whole shitty idea for a program to a close was a local fellow who drove by the house and decided not to stop.  They went to his house a few days later to bust him, for what I don't know, and he decided to kill himself instead.  His family sued Dateline and presumably they decided that turning seious law enforcement matters into a reality TV programming wasn't such a good idea. 
I think I agree with this. I'm not saying it's morally right to sleep with 13 year olds or whatever, but it's still partially their fault. If they invite a stranger over, they should know the consequences. And what if they end up enjoying it and nothing goes wrong (even though it's unlikely)? And maybe the parents should do a better job monitoring their child's activity and such. There are tons of factors that can be brought up.

Offline Obfuscation

• “"You are my creator, but I am your master; Obey!”
  • Google It
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2011, 12:51:18 AM »
I'm the girl he was with.
“Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.”

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2011, 03:44:37 PM »
Barto, first off I want to thank you for posting a thought out and well stated response.  I must confess that my response was an angry one, in respone to being trolled on a subject I get very emotional over, having dealt with it in many different phases and situations, and having seen some of the destructive results.  I completly agree that a lot of the negative stigma over the issue does stem from the puritan nature of our country, and the resultant advertised standards on morality.  I do not, in any situation, feel that a 13 year old hooking up with a thirty year old man is anything but child molestation.  The differences in maturity are just too great, and a child of that age is not capable of handling a 30 year old man's whims and desires.  It will put her in a situation where she is forced to be mature way beyond her years.  I am not saying that children of that age must be absinant.  Two freshman kids in high school having relations is very a very natural part of life.  If you, in this sitattion, substituted a 30 year old man and a 13 year ol boy(and this is more at the troll than you barto, but your opinion is always welcome), what would be the view then.  Once again, thanks for the response, it did give me pause to think, something I always appreciate.